Youth development

Hello guys
How to make a good analysis of a player with potential so that he can evolve? For example these 2 players. I don't ask for a magic formula, but to what extent is it worth giving these players minutes when they don't have the capacity for a Bundesliga.

image.png.4376337da10a1e256488f8836a742c54.png

image.png.18260869cc9bb0c29e084dbd26b35123.png

For me once a player is 18 I decide if they are good enough to play some games for me in the first team. Now if I'm fighting for relegation I would be quite reluctant to use them because poor ratings have an effect on development but if I'm a good side I can afford to take chances.

I don't have a specific amount of game time I plan out I just know that they are going to be backups and make space for them in the team (so I don't go out to sign someone else in that position) at the end of the season they could have started 10 games or if the key player in that position was out for long periods they could have played more. The key thing for me is accessing their performance after the end of the season, if I see that they did well I'll continue using them in the first team but if it was a disaster I'll loan them out to a team playing at their level (in the scout report it tells you the level of the level at which the player is playing so I try to find teams that okay in a league with the same reputation that are predicted to finish mid-table upwards with decent training facilities.

I've had players that didn't work out the first season ai tried then out so they went out in loan for 2 years and came back and went directly into the first team.

You also have to accept the fact that once you loan out a player you don't control his training anymore so if there are things you want to train like traits or he's very week in some areas I'd keep that player in the team regardless and try to give him games 

In FM19 I got into youth development big time with the San Marino Challenge.

At the end of each season, I went through my squad and either writing it down or just putting players into positions on the squad screen, I used the Ralph Hasenhüttl method - make sure I have a starter and a backup at each position.  I would rotate as much as I possibly could - but also if 3-0 up at half time, then bring on 2 or 3 young players to give them good minutes in a team that's playing well, so quite likely that will continue and they'll play well too.  As DarJ said above, it's easier to almost carry young players in a good team - harder when you are a poor team getting beaten regularly, particularly by the big boys.

For U20's, it gets a bit more difficult to decide what to do.  I would tend to keep a certain number of players around to essentially be a third choice, which might include an outstanding U18 player or two - but for them I try to leave them in the U18 squad and created training schedules to ensure they develop.

For any who I didn't think were ready to play for me, I tried a few things.  I tried several different affiliates, but really only one of them really worked.  If you can find a team playing at a suitable level, who play a similar style to you and don't train on the local park - then it might work.  The trouble is, you never know if they are going to play - even if you see your player is better than there's at a position, the AI might not play them.  You can offer players out to clubs for loan - but make sure you specify playing time and position.  There is zero point in loaning a player out to be a Squad Player - you might as well keep hold of him.  Always make sure you can recall the player - as if they aren't playing, you can pull the plug.  They key is to get the player playing at the right level for his current level of development.  So, if I have a player who is seen as a Serie B level talent - there's not much point in sending him to Serie C.

Sometimes though, players just aren't good enough - and they'll never develop enough at a top level, even if you get the loans right.  It's just a case of assessing them (at the end of season is a nice time to take your time and really think about it) and letting them go if they haven't developed.  In many cases with my San Marino Challenge save, I tried to develop fairly poor intakes - you could do so much, but they tended to take off more when I released them and they ended up in the San Marino League - i.e. a level more suited to their ability.

Hope this helps and good luck!

6 saat önce, Nick_CB said:

This player has enough attributes to deserve gametime on Bundesliga level. He can be used as a rotation player on domestic cup or on intense fixtures to rest a midfielder. But he needs a mentoring for his low consistency.

The other player is a loan first option for me. High technique, first touch, dribbling, decisions, flair, vision, balance but low passing, teamwork, workrate... He can struggle with those low attributes despite having nice creativity attributes. I would loan him at least a year to see if he improves.

Second player has a chance to become a more important player to my mind if he improves.

7 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Hello guys
How to make a good analysis of a player with potential so that he can evolve? For example these 2 players. I don't ask for a magic formula, but to what extent is it worth giving these players minutes when they don't have the capacity for a Bundesliga.

image.png.18260869cc9bb0c29e084dbd26b35123.png

Arno has some pretty solid attributes already probably not Bundesliga level yet but I will probably look for a loan for him at a lower level. His attributes spread are pretty good as a deep lying playmaker combined with his decent personality and traits he is ready for first team football and you can expect the AI to use him regularly in midfield which is his best position.

Alisan on the other hand has some glaring issues. What type of player do you see him in the future? He is definitely not suitable as a winger but has winger traits but also lacks the necessary attributes to play as a central midfielder. You should definitely try to mould him towards a particular type of player. Loaning him out at this stage is probably detrimental for his development as the AI will struggle to find a suitable position for him.

Thank you all for your collaboration. There is a fine line between giving opportunities and evolving while playing at a high level. Youth management is always very complicated for me, especially for those who like to evolve their own players instead of buying

On 08/09/2021 at 17:15, Nick_CB said:

Thank you all for your collaboration. There is a fine line between giving opportunities and evolving while playing at a high level. Youth management is always very complicated for me, especially for those who like to evolve their own players instead of buying

This is the progress if one of my center backs, I got him when he was 16 and left him in the U18 until he turned 18 then i brought him in the first team and he played just 7 games that year, the year after that he played 22 games and from his third year in the team he became my first choice. He's still 20 

1884937883_defendertraining.thumb.png.c409d22a648f588321523ebe334e3d90.png

1 hora atrás, DarJ disse:

This is the progress if one of my center backs, I got him when he was 16 and left him in the U18 until he turned 18 then i brought him in the first team and he played just 7 games that year, the year after that he played 22 games and from his third year in the team he became my first choice. He's still 20 

1884937883_defendertraining.thumb.png.c409d22a648f588321523ebe334e3d90.png

WOW. Did you use individual training to improve his physical attributes?