• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

2022 Season Preview

xkzF31.jpg

The Bookies and Media have no faith that we can replicate last season's success. We are again expected to battle against relegation. 

The team remains very much the same as last season....it will take a few more seasons until the Academy graduates really make moves into the team.

The team and I are going forward with a youth policy and eventually the entire team will be made up of Slovaks. We are trying to emulate Athletic Bilbao and their Basque only transfer policy.

Tactics

cNjdnC.jpg

The 3-1-4-2 will remain the main formation

but we are going to try and experiment with the following formations as well.

1R6Tl2.jpg

A 3-4-3 to take advantage of all the Strikers the Academy seems to produce.

1K1emP.jpg

and my most adventurous formation that is my interpretation of the "Mighty Magyars of the 1950's

Looking to the Past for the Future!

HkH32r.jpg

The goal is to somehow make the top 6 after 22 matches or be 7th after 32 matches...thus having a chance at Europe!

The first match is next week versus Ruzomberak!

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

July 2022 : Regular Season "Helter Skelter"

Manager's Thoughts

The team has started off the new season it is showing that last season wasn't a flash in the pan and that we deserve to be in European competition. The new players are still getting worked into the system, but I know I can count on some of the Old head's such as Boris Gall. I will be more adventurous in my tactics going forward since I am almost positive that this team won't get relegated.

Schedule

ypEaDf.jpg

Highlights

The regular season was about to begin but first the Slovakian FA Cup First Round had to be drawn.....

Vu3Fp0.jpg

We get a chance to renew acquaintances with Podbrezova and 2 Liga side.

and we have a trip to Finland....for the Europa Conference League Play ins...

wwjE18.jpg

This will make a mess of our training schedules and rotations...but it is a good problem to have!

tYPsZv.jpg

The first match of the season saw us travel to Ruzomberak....they were favored because they were the home team and perceived to be better than us....

I was hoping for a strong showing to let everyone know last season wasn't a flash in the pan.

54X12m.jpg

The new Board of Directors took the time out to remind me of their objectives for the season....luckily all of them were reachable with our team.

and they also let me know about the season ticket sales.

VzYFzU.jpg

Last season helped attract a few more fans....we still have a way to go before we fill the Cermel Stadium!

tI2uvz.jpg

The opening match saw us play my trusty 3-1-4-2 vs a 4-1-2-3 of Ruzomberak. They were supposed to play Tiki Taka but played Route One instead....and it led to a Goal Bonanza.....

After the draw in Ruzomberak the team had to prepare for a trip to Finland!

ResusT.jpg

We played against HJK and they 4-4-1-1 High Press against us and I played a rotated squad with a match in the league just two days later!

We fell to their pressure and a wonder strike!

1xdD7r.jpg

The analysts (I add another one because of an increased work load due to European Competition) let me know how poor we were in Finland.

In other news Leroy Sane was the big transfer having a bigger price than either Erling Haland or Joao Felix!

8vm98O.jpg

Another match on the road for us this time a trip to Zilina.

XzhD9r.jpg

We were underdogs but I thought we had a chance because we played well against Zilina last season.

MrzX36.jpg

This match showed that we could be pressed and that teams didn't let us have as much time on the ball.....but also this match was remarkable for all the penalties....

nG2yhV.jpg

CK5NIO.jpg

The analysts showed that we didn't play well and that the traveling definitely effected our legs....because we gave up two late goals!

0KwQWt.jpg

We get a little more TV money....a Live Broadcast versus the Champions!

After the loss to Zilina we returned to the Cermel to host the Finns of HJK....This time I had a secret Weapon. I deployed our 3-2-4-1!

rxKYqD.jpg

HJK was confused by the formation and Boris did Boris things scoring twice.....

WmWK9H.jpg

Winning helped the bottom line with $100k!

s6I3vC.jpg

We get a Hungarian team in the next round and let's see how they respond to our Magyar inspired formation!

tr0LTB.jpg

I was happy with the effort after the win against HJK.....I even hoped it would be the first of many European nights....

78Qzu2.jpg

As always the analysts like to put a damper on my parade.....saying we got away with it.

In the days following the HJK match I reprised my role as GM and authorized the transfer of a young player....

dkd23f.jpg

3PZABu.jpg

He will initially be part of the U-19's but he is a long term replacement for Boris Gall.....

We then had to face Nitra in a Super League Clash.....

n8SCKz.jpg

Nitra had barely not been relegated last season but also won the Slovakian FA Cup like us they were also playing Europe.

I decided to rotate the squad a bit and I played our newest formation the 3-4-3

LupNO2.jpg

The Nitra coach tried to avoid making a issue out of our "Homegrown" Policies!

KP88Iq.jpg

Martin Gambos making his debut in competition had one to forget....sent off with a second yellow, He put his mates under pressure. Boris came off the bench to rescue the situation with a beautiful goal that deflated Nitra.

PiaQA5.jpg

I made sure to appreciate Boris's contribution in the presser....

Y88TNc.jpg

The analysts were happy to report that the 3-4-3 even worked after we were down to ten men.....maybe even worked better!

YZ7IRu.jpg

Either a Czech team or a Dutch one if we beat the Hungarians!

League Table

uJ8Q52.jpg

Player of the Month

Boris Gall

uJ8Q52.jpg

Boris has picked up where he left off last season!

Analysts Report

3kBd4B.jpg

playing well, but I think we could do better!

Management Report

okiGos.jpg

2cdCq8.jpg

Thanks For Reading!

Good luck against Fehervar, they are a bit of a nemesis for me at Ujpest after beating us in the Cup final.

BTW you should try offering trials to the young players you buy if you don't have the time/ resources to scout them. I use that a lot. 

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

August 2022: Regular Season "Not ready for Prime Time"

Manager's Thoughts

The biggest thing I have learned now that I am GM/Manager is that there is a reason why the Board wants success. MONEY!

The manager in me wants success as well for different reasons: competition and recognition.

The team needs to do well from both perspectives to be successful. 

The current team is just lacking in depth to be able to play twice a week and put up good performances. My best XI on their day can beat any of our rivals, but teams from foreign lands with bigger budgets have depth and quality we are yet to match. 

The goal for this season is make the top 7 so we have a chance at the MONEY!

Schedule

6gQKNq.jpg

Highlights

The month of August started out with me finding an assistant in the recruiting department.

M5rkLX.jpg

and then it was back to training for the Big match against Fehervar FC

i6aPQK.jpg

I hoped to do a little bit of "Rope a Dope" against them by stealing an away goal and winning in front of our fans!

In fact I put out a heavily rotated 11 out playing the 3-2-4-1 formation....mostly youngsters and depth players....because in the end Europe is nice, but the Super League is more important at this time.

jmJF3x.jpg

It was an ugly match from my perspective....the Hungarians took it to us after we got the opening goal....and forced us to defend deep.....which isn't our strength....

Wy3cif.jpg

The Analysts were on hand to remind me how bad it was.....

The one good note is our Young GK Andrej Pancik gained valuable experience, He saved 9 shots!

fBnQb1.jpg

AS Trencin was coming to town and I wanted to give them a warm welcome.... and maybe beat them as well since they seem to be our "Bogey Team"

v7fnjg.jpg

We played well but just couldn't see out the win....the winless streak against them goes on......

The problem as shown by Analytics....is we don't "Close Games Out" well.

Cv8ZiQ.jpg

I think this has to do with player fitness...even though we often do Endurance training.....between matches, but usually when there are less matches so close together.

YkxliM.jpg

The Hungarians were due to arrive in Kosice and play at the Cermel stadium.

We got the Away Goal now I would play our strongest XI and try to play on the front foot!

E8FPGO.jpg

We played much better just didn't get any luck in the offensive end and they ruthlessly finished their chances.....

9ck6HI.jpg

I am sad to go out, but in reality I know the team really isn't ready for "Prime Time" yet!

R5P6dC.jpg

9ZDYkX.jpg

and we received a $105k check just for playing.....maybe I should try a little harder in Europe!

We made $205k just for competing in the Third tier of European Championship Play ins.....European Football HAS to be the goal every season!

qwBt6b.jpg

The anlytics of the second match were much better, but their late second goal was a killer....to any hopes we had of advancing.

Now that we have finished with our European adventures. It became time to focus on our League play. The Champions Dun Streda were our next opponents.

nTlYZL.jpg

They were in good form, but I hoped for a good showing from our team.....

yVbYH5.jpg

A Bromance might be in full effect....after I praised him...

k6izoS.jpg

The match just didn't go our way....we held on to the ball but didn't shoot.....can't score without shooting.....

OHQ22L.jpg

I was so disgusted with the performance that I sent an assistant to the press conference.....where he praised the POM from our opponents.

JBJRDB.jpg

Our terrible performance was there for all to see considering it was on live tv and on all the highlight shows!

ypC3AG.jpg

and yes the analytics were about as bad as you would expect.....

I think we might have a problem when we play badly....our GK's are our best players after stopping a lot of shots!

After that disappointment the team then had to ready themselves for another tilt in short order.....

QIfKzi.jpg

Michalovce was coming to town and due to our slump in form, we were considered the underdogs even though we were the home team!

I held a team meeting just before the match....and told everyone we needed to play better!

zLXYG0.jpg

Our two strikers took the meeting to heart and put Michalovce to the sword!

It was a wonderful match....now if we could just play like this more often....

dks5TX.jpg

The goals were on the highlight shows!

We are in a decent place....we have more points than matches played, but less than 10 points separated the top from the bottom of the league so far.....so we are not SAFE!

n2oBiX.jpg

I know that I am not truly happy....but I must say that the team played well in that match...We just need to do it more often!

qA1bYU.jpg

For once the analysts didn't have bad news!

The next match would see us travel to Sered, who were at the bottom of the table.

JI55LK.jpg

even though we were above them in the table they were the favorites....was there something the bookies knew that I didn't!

c7E5wh.jpg

That the ref would control the game....disallowing a goal by us and giving a penalty in the last minute that should have been a free kick to seal the win for the hosts!

MZ0T4u.jpg

The last match of the month was at the Cermel against Trnava!

Mrkpwx.jpg

In the pre-match presser I pumped up the team....with my faith in them!

71dIZC.jpg

The team played well and looked more like the team that made dreams come true last season!

EZn1Ep.jpg

The analysis shows we were in control from the beginning!

While all those matches were going on the GM in me was watching the Transfer Market.....

qLpsv2.jpg

Watching all the money our rivals were making selling their best players..... and also astounded by the Leroy Sane Transfer!

fl6qFu.jpg

and now that we had gotten a taste of that European money. I think they saw the need to start selling players....

League Table

XhrxvH.jpg

Player of the Month

Erik Pacinda

AvqrTZ.jpg

E9m6Eb.jpg

He came in third place, but having two in the top 3 shows were playing better!

Analysts Report

oTZAEM.jpg

as you can see we have some work to do in the defensive department, but our scoring is good mainly because "Boris scores goals"

Management Report

yV6CFL.jpg

SXguwV.jpg

The finances are looking better, without player sales and a 4 month hiatus due to the World Cup. I fear they will deteriorate again.

Thanks for Reading!

3 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Good luck against Fehervar, they are a bit of a nemesis for me at Ujpest after beating us in the Cup final.

BTW you should try offering trials to the young players you buy if you don't have the time/ resources to scout them. I use that a lot. 

I do offer trials, but find unless it is in Preseason, I really can't get accurate information due to lack of playing time. Especially the 20-23 Year olds.

As for Fehervar, they were too much for us.

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I do offer trials, but find unless it is in Preseason, I really can't get accurate information due to lack of playing time. Especially the 20-23 Year olds.

As for Fehervar, they were too much for us.

I found with Ruch after they leave on week trial I give them one more week again and it seems to free up more of the attributes for some reason 

Harsh times in Europe - (imaginary Ujpest fan) Andras feels your pain (woah, cross post references!).

Domestically looks a lot like last year before you took off. Let’s see if you can get another run going before long.

2 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Harsh times in Europe - (imaginary Ujpest fan) Andras feels your pain (woah, cross post references!).

Domestically looks a lot like last year before you took off. Let’s see if you can get another run going before long.

Yes, it is a lot like last season. The European nights and the 2 and sometimes 3 games in a week are really doing a number on my rotation and depth. It does get better once we only have the league to worry about even if we have two games a week because of a condensed schedule due to World Cup in December.

3 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I found with Ruch after they leave on week trial I give them one more week again and it seems to free up more of the attributes for some reason 

I usually try and give 3 week trials. Even changed the button under responsibilities so I give that from the scouting cards as well, but for me if they aren't U-19, the trialists just don't get any match time.

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

September 2022: Regular Season "Up where we belong"

HABDxp.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

I think both the team and myself were out of our depth in Europe. Mostly because of the travel required and the extra matches stretched the team thin. A return to just League and Slovak Cup play hasn't been a total relief though. The match schedule is congested as ever because there will be a 4 MONTH Break for the World Cup!

That being said playing local opposition has allowed me to play my Best XI in the 3-1-4-2 that has become our Trademark. Which has also allowed Boris Gall to shine....just like last season.

So since we are out of Europe our goal is now to get back there....and we are on our way with a 6 match unbeaten streak that lasted all of September.

Of course we are doing it for the competition and recognition, but at least a part of me is doing it for the MONEY!

Highlights

After the grueling month of August, the International Break was a relief. It also gave me a chance to reassess my squad and how we would play going forward. The first match would be a challenge: Slovan Bratislava.

The are the giants of Slovakian Football and took their missing out on Europe badly by buying up all their Slovakian rivals best players....

YPOgnY.jpg

but in my time with FC Kosice we have played well against them. For the Fans of FC Kosice, IT IS THE RIVALRY! Chants of "SB S***S!" can be heard in the stands and in the bars of Kosice. Right now the SB fans and management are amused by our antics, but after a few more wins by us....you never know....

UvupZ3.jpg

The new SB boss was smart not to give me any "Bulletin Board" Material.....

V0QhPN.jpg

and I said I wanted to keep it going regardless of opponent!

D3NcqP.jpg

It was an even match and you can say we had the better of it....until Vaclav got a red card for a second yellow early in the 2nd half....but the team pulled together to deny SB....which if nothing else adds to our bragging rights....

ID9D9J.jpg

The analysts agree with me that we were the better team and probably denied victory because of the red card.

The next match was against Podbrezova in the FA Cup.....

lnHMGR.jpg

Since it was a mid week match I rotated the team and let some of the fringe players start with our stars ready to come off the bench.....

daZUGF.jpg

Adrian Lesko the backup Striker did his best Boris Gall imitation!

Podbrezova only scored because of a bad pass that they counterattacked beautifully that setup a one on one and the cheeky lob was perfect from 25 yards!

Otherwise they spent the day defending for their lives....

Mpl5Yf.jpg

I told the team I had every intention of winning this trophy.....after the win!

cmbi82.jpg

We were the better team, but they definitely played better after halftime...and us worse....

We then returned home to Kosice to play Zlate Moravce....

aOgqN1.jpg

This is a match we should win, but we needed another good day....

eEmI6s.jpg

Boris the Scorer was injured and recovering, but I wanted to put some doubt in the opponents mind.

bQO7Ls.jpg

Boris played but his brace weren't enough for victory!

skmAWE.jpg

All I know is the Boris is the man! even if he started life with the crosstown rivals!

zFQ2bQ.jpg

The match was pretty equal but we had the better of it and analytics back me up. The late goal hurts, but that is why you play the game.

The team then headed for Banska Bystrica the newly promoted team for the next match....

0vjPHp.jpg

The hometown team was favored, but we were playing well and I personally thought we would win....

Wx0f8A.jpg

They had just hired a new manager....so I flattered him...while hoping to ruin his debut!

HbzOQW.jpg

Which we did with a brace from Backup Striker...Adrian Lesko!

AtJoa2.jpg

Analytics show that we started well and saw the match out....

In the mean time My GM Persona saw the end of the Slovakian Transfer Window:

BqapSu.jpg

SB had let their ageing players go and bought young replacements from their rivals in the League. Pulling a Bayern.....I will do my best to never sell to a team in the same League.

Especially SB!

Also we found out who our next opponent was in the Slovakian FA Cup!

sJOEbc.jpg

Trebisov are a 2 Liga team like Podbrezova which we should beat, but we must do a professional job.

The next match would see us face our competitors for the Top 6 Michalovce.

Onwdyw.jpg

They were a team about the same as us also over-achieving, but seemed to be slumping...I hoped to keep it going!

b8CqEu.jpg

Since I am committed to youth I will not be selling unless a large foreign bid comes in!

GXezx3.jpg

Things were even until well in the second half when Erik Pacinda broke the deadlock. Michalovce lost one of their players to a terrible injury. Then while they were in shock we scored two more just in case.

Ujaweh.jpg

Vaclav is one of a kind. One Day he gets a red card the next POM! You never know which your going to get!

flgTMu.jpg

The press asked me about the fact we were good at winning the ball back....of course I'm happy. It's easier to score when you have the ball!

zGzBRh.jpg

Analysis shows the match was in doubt until the injury and overall the match was much closer than the Score Line suggests!

QoDxoN.jpg

The media are beginning to notice our form...I was hoping It would go unnoticed a little longer...

Four days later we met Zilina at the Cermel, to renew acquaintance.

glYtD4.jpg

This was a match we should be winning but there was another match just 3 days later I would rotate the squad some.

rVo5Qj.jpg

It was just one of those ugly games ....neither side looked like they wanted to win....but if one was to be found a neutral would have guessed us.

flrnpK.jpg

Analytics shows that a draw was the likely result!

The next match is played on October 1rst, but it was easier to add to this update.

Ruzomberak was coming to town playing well like us...I hoped the Cermel would be packed with fans.

H7zzFk.jpg

We were considered underdogs, but I will always back my team. Also if two teams are close Home underdogs usually win...hopefully we could make it happen.

t32fjA.jpg

It led to a 4-2 Goal fest that saw us win when Daniel Rapavy came off the bench to score a brace late....which ended a long Goal Scoring drought.

QH71b0.jpg

League Table

akndXj.jpg

Player of the Month

Adrian Lesko

YKqJ4O.jpg

The Backup did his best Boris Gall imitation in two matches this month to get us two wins.

Analysts Report

JPHjAL.jpg

Now that the team is settled and know their roles...the defense has become much better and we are still busting the net!

Management Report

OErbvU.jpg

The board is happy with almost everything except that we aren't particulalry "entertaining". My question is do you want to win and get European Money or be stylish and lose.....I know my answer.

Sq61Mf.jpg

The new board isn't quite as adept at "Fundraising". I might suggest a few ways the old board did it at the next meeting.

Thanks for Reading!

2 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Good solid month. Would be nice to see the Slovak giants drop some points and allow you to close the gap 

Yes it was....the real goals this season are just to makes sure were in the top six at the time of the league split and try and do as well as possible in the FA Cup. Our European Adventure showed we aren't ready.

If we somehow get into Europe again I wouldn't mind....

I really don't see us making a title challenge....I have some decent players but no real world beaters. These runs are collective efforts designed for Boris or whoever to score goals.

Erik Pacinda is claiming he is fouled more than Jack Grealish!

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

October 2022:Regular Season "The band played on"

Manager's Thoughts

The month was another good one. We missed Boris Gall's goal scoring, but the team stepped up. The only real problems are the lack of wins against Trencin and our shaky finances. I have already spending less than the payroll budget by about $100k/year. I don't know where we can get more money other than player sales and no one really fancies our players.

That being said we are positioned to make another run at Europe either through the league or the Slovakian FA Cup. That is now the goal a return to Europe for the MONEY!

Schedule

gEgB5p.jpg

Highlights

After the Ruzomberak match the team was given a reduce workload, but wasn't sent on vacation during the International Break. I have a motto of "No days off".

3Nxij6.jpg

and this is the karmic sense of humor at work no doubt....lessen the work and match load and the star Goal scorer is injured for the rest of the matches before Midseason Break.

I have another Cliché as well "Next Man Up" so now it will be on Adrian Lesko's Shoulders.....

2nJYOx.jpg

After the break it was time to return to playing....

t8pRKK.jpg

The next team was Nitra a team we should do well against.....even according to the bookies and Media....now just having to live up to the tag of favorites without our leading Goal Scorer!

Xr0pbs.jpg

Since we didn't have Boris to rely on it was Erik Pacinda's Set Piece prowess that set up our two goals. We totally dominated the match and camped out in their end and did our best to score more. They got a goal on the counter after an errant pass late to deny us the shutout.

wa4PlQ.jpg

Analytics make the match closer than it was....

nNKLS3.jpg

The press are beginning to notice our good form and that we are a long way from relegation fodder....but until we get the top 6 ticket in March. I will worry.

The press also came out with a list of leading teams producing Slovakian Players:

nkyUUJ.jpg

As you can see we have a way to go....and ALL of those 7 players are from our Academy and graduated in 2021! Which isn't as bad as it sounds because the team has only been in existence since 2018!

The next match on the docket was a trip to Trebisov for a Slovak FA Cup Match....

KONWHe.jpg

I decided to rotate the team even though this was Super League team. I was certain due to their slump and that our bench players could do the job....The Starters would be available from the bench if things went wrong.

A war of words began before the match...mostly because my words were misinterpreted by the Trebisov manager and the Media!

oRf45P.jpg

I was trying to answer the question without putting up bulletin board material.....

MARItH.jpg

The Trebisov Manager....took it the wrong way.....

iMumsi.jpg

We scored early, then has a tough time breaking them down before there was a late glut of goals....!

It was a comprehensive "Beat Down".....we held on to the ball and shot almost at will at the Trebisov GK!

bfgbzC.jpg

ku6meW.jpg

I then said controversially that they could be proud of themselves and for about 75 minutes it was a match!

r0LkcX.jpg

The Analysis shows we dominated the match but the rout wasn't on until late after we had wore down their defense.

As a reward for our victory we would play a real minnow in the next round.....

oxJYod.jpg

That means the U-19 Fringe players will get a chance.....

The next match was Sered coming to the Cermel... We had lost our last match against them and they would play 5-2-2-1 formation.

I continued to use the 3-1-4-2....

The players have really settled and it works well....

eOPww5.jpg

The team was favored due to a number of factors, but we would have to remember to do a professional job...

DMLzGI.jpg

They played afraid and "Parked the Bus". Erick Pacinda unlocked their defense with a Wonder Goal!

and then Daniel Rapavy added another early in the second half.....

pOpFU2.jpg

Analytics shows just how dominant we were.....

nh9miG.jpg

The run continues! We showed that we weren't just flashes in the pan!

The next match was against our "Bogey Team" AS Trencin...they are the only team in the Super League that we are yet to beat.

Linc3Z.jpg

We we traveling there, but everyone thought we had a good chance due to their struggles and the fact they had a new manager.....

Bf5D3a.jpg

It was one of those games where nothing went quite right....

oy7j4G.jpg

The Trencin Manager did some boasting....We will remember.....

Mf3l5J.jpg

and the Loss was all over Slovakian TV!

Yb0J5D.jpg

I just decided to take the "High Road" after the match  while getting in a dig at him and his "Small fry" Club!

1jYfxk.jpg

The Analysts showed me that just like what I saw that we really weren't out played.....

4pjK08.jpg

Our next match was against the Champions Dunajska Streda....and would be on Live TV because of our good form.

RZzJwi.jpg

We travelled to their place with hopes of playing better than the Trencin match.....

They were the favorites, but we had a chance.....

VuJFiE.jpg

The opposing manager said we had to be respected....Damn Right!

7BiPz0.jpg

It was a hard fought battle between the teams, but it was my late sub Patrik Kosuda that scored the Game winner!

arrlnj.jpg

after the match the opposing manager blamed his players and all our prior opponents of Complacency.....

v7xzIs.jpg

The refereeing wasn't the best, but I wasn't going to say anything controversial....

Hopefully it will help us get a few less yellow cards...Vaclav would appreciate it!

vsw3uN.jpg

The match was close as shown by the analysts it was our two late goals that turned the tide!

The final match before the World Cup break was a match against the minnows of Lucenec!

gRDqEa.jpg

We were expected to walk the opposition....I rotated the team and would even give Josef Mihalik his debut!

sZsgP1.jpg

and young Josef didn't disappoint...scoring a brace against an overmatched Lucenec!

xTSL8Z.jpg

As one can see it was total domination, but what do you expect when Professionals take on a Semi-Pro outfit. Hopefully they made some money for their trouble.

League Table

8nnLTF.jpg

Player of the Month

Erick Pacinda

5WK8Cy.jpg

Q7UquQ.jpg

Analysts Report

Vbd58s.jpg

The loss to AS Trencin hammered our defensive stats. Offensively we are as good as ever even missing Boris Gall....

Management Report

TYR2wh.jpg

ZaRdGd.jpg

The only problem is the finances....that makes European Football almost imperative....

Thanks for Reading!

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

November 2022 "Working Vacation"

Manager's Thoughts

I was surprised that the team wasn't sent on Mid-Season break after the Cup-Tie. I had to get on the phone and set up some friendlies. These friendlies would allow me to refine and tweak our tactics. I chose for the most part places away from Kosice that would allow us to play foreign opposition. I would use all three formations during the Friendlies. All three now had the same mentalities, Team Instructions , and roles as much as possible over all three.

One Thing that I changed was our defensive line I was tired of being beaten over the top or by diagonal balls so I decided we would play a "Standard" Defensive line and lower line of Engagement to retain our compact formation that I called a "Mobile Bus"!

After these and a few other tweaks we went on the road to play teams from Poland and Hungary.

Highlights

CDV88L.jpg

Our luck in Cup ties ran out sort of...we are now going to play a recently promoted near the bottom of the table team in the Quarterfinals.

The Slovakian FA Cup is becoming a possibility....especially since we haven't even used our stars yet in the competed in a cup tie this season.

The First friendly took us to Katowice in Silesia in Poland....

We played our standard 3-1-4-2 with the new tweaks....

AogONN.jpg

and won 2-0 the only fault I could find is that we didn't keep as much possession of the ball.

lGM5RP.jpg

analytics showed we scored early and late, but in between the match was even.

The next match of our working vacation was a trip to Hungary. We were to play Nireyghaza Spartak FC. In honor of the occassion I decided to use our 3-2-4-1 formation.

8Mm2kA.jpg

another 2-0 win...team looked much better using this formation.

W9KSDR.jpg

The next trip abroad was a trip to GKS Tychy which is famous for their 4-1-3-2 Wide formation. I decided to use my 3-4-3 formation.

2X3eh0.jpg

only a 1-0 victory assured after a put in my stars late....

gmGm9I.jpg

Analytics shows that we were in control but just not scoring.

I then returned home for one last friendly this time against Hungarian team Ujpest.  

But first I thought it was interesting to see that David Moyes has been exiled to MLS.

wFIZzg.jpg

and just before the match we lose our starting GK....normally I would be livid, but since we won't have a real match for two month's, I'm non-plussed.

jC1VkJ.jpg

Ujpest arrived with their dander up aand I decided to play my strongest XI and use our mainstay 3-1-4-2 vs their 4-2-3-1 Wide!

Z93J6e.jpg

The Hungarians used their size and strength to their advantage early but the couldn't break our defense on the break....The issue was decided when they went down to ten men....we pored it on then soring 3 in ten minutes!

bsGRDC.jpg

We were in control but couldn't break then down due to their size and strength, but once they went down we were ruthless.

Just before break...Juraj Kuc one of our leadind defenders came to me about a contract after his agent had turned one down!

WvmGgn.jpg

I told him I would talk with him at the end of the season....

GgqYd9.jpg

Then the team went on break....They are coming back earlier than I expected but I will give them Christmas and New Year's off from training.

Analysts Report

9Z7zVs.jpg

Management Report

FjTEve.jpg

wlyyup.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Good month again! How’s the 3 at the back treating you? One of the shapes actually looks a-bit like pep at Bayern 

Getting the bank balance boosted is proving a difficult task. I think I may run into the same issue at ruch. Do you have any tips? So far I’ve been using friendlies. Am hoping to groom a few star players and hold onto them up a couple divisions to see increase in their value but seems I may be backed into selling early. 

14 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Good month again! How’s the 3 at the back treating you? One of the shapes actually looks a-bit like pep at Bayern 

Getting the bank balance boosted is proving a difficult task. I think I may run into the same issue at ruch. Do you have any tips? So far I’ve been using friendlies. Am hoping to groom a few star players and hold onto them up a couple divisions to see increase in their value but seems I may be backed into selling early. 

The bank balance depends in many ways on the board.  My prior board was really good at fundraising. (like $50k/month) The new board not so much.  The only way I can really effect it is through prize money and player sales. Unfortunately in Slovakia there is NO real Prize money or TV money. The main source of Prize money is European Adventures. Like you I don't really have anyone to sell for a windfall. I sold a couple of players with cheeky 20% profit sell on clauses ,but no one that would budge the budget.

As for 3 at the back in some ways it works much better and in my readings it is actually a throwback to the formations of the 1970's and 1980's....which I find very interesting. I thought it was a modern thing since I have seen Premier League Clubs play a Flat 3-5-2 during the past two seasons as well as the various evolutions (5-3-2 WB) on FM.

The 3-1-4-2 was originally superimposed over @Rashidi 4-2-3-1 Bayern Tactic for FM21.  

I used it extensively in my Debrecen and Grenoble saves and I think the Ideas are similar. I like to have tactical familiarity through all the formations so that is why I try to keep the TI's and Mentality the same. It is my way of creating a Tactical Style even if I mostly use only use one main tactic.

Edited by Hootieleece
added images

42 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

The bank balance depends in many ways on the board.  My prior board was really good at fundraising. (like $50k/month) The new board not so much.  The only way I can really effect it is through prize money and player sales. Unfortunately in Slovakia there is NO real Prize money or TV money. The main source of Prize money is European Adventures. Like you I don't really have anyone to sell for a windfall. I sold a couple of players with cheeky 20% profit sell on clauses ,but no one that would budge the budget.

As for 3 at the back in some ways it works much better and in my readings it is actually a throwback to the formations of the 1970's and 1980's....which I find very interesting. I thought it was a modern thing since I have seen Premier League Clubs play a Flat 3-5-2 during the past two seasons as well as the various evolutions (5-3-2 WB) on FM.

The 3-1-4-2 was originally superimposed over @Rashidi 4-2-3-1 Bayern Tactic for FM21. I used it extensively in my Debrecen and Grenoble saves and I think the Ideas are similar. I like to have tactical familiarity through all the formations so that is why I try to keep the TI's and Mentality the same. It is my way of creating a Tactical Style even if I mostly use only use one main tactic.

Rashidi is my god! Now your talking elite level tactician and training guru!

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

December 2022: "Analytics and other boring stuff"

Manager's Thoughts

I thought since I had some free time everyone would want to know what kind of miracles I was working here in Kosice to make this team a contender.

Tactic

9Jf1HT.jpg

This is our main tactic and the one I use most of the time in the league. The names written in are the best for that position or role based on availability for last match.

I am sure that some of you think I have too many TI's....when you see what I have to work with according to the stats guys.....you will understand.

The purpose of this formation is to Dominate the middle of the field while providing a threat from the edges. It has a compact formation to create what I call the "Mobile Bus".

The formation in defense looks to keep opponents on the edges and firing crosses into the box where the Back three are all tall and imperious in the Air.

When we have the ball we tend to do two things attack up the flanks or send Over the Top balls towards the AF.

Depth Chart

DiRyCi.jpg 

BZjrAm.jpg

Analysts Report

F1QgUM.jpg

SFpbjk.jpg

As you can see the team was dominant in their matches during the Friendlies.

League Comparison

av5dcw.jpg

DumxHB.jpg

uaYSMJ.jpg

about all you can say is the team is tall...

SXgMQ7.jpg

The team is lacking in strength and pace....which we try to offset with possession.

xHRI8f.jpg

our midfield is only really good at tackling....so thus we take the ball back ASAP....

GGs5g9.jpg

Our Strikers led by Boris are fast and can finish....but can't do much else...which is why we need a lot of shots to score!

YlLFfj.jpg

Physically the team is only good at jumping. We are the slowest and  weakest team in the league.

O4Ifk2.jpg

and mentally we are determined and well positioned and are not totally stupid.

GvXXpc.jpg

basically you are looking at a bunch of Rugby players trying to play soccer!

League Stats

Team Stats

You are probably wondering how a team with those talents could possibly be doing so well....

1MQ42N.jpg

We have the most possession in the league.

R0ylFw.jpg

and because we have the ball so much we score often.

TMk7Ul.jpg

defensively we don't give up many shots because we have the ball most of the time.

TMk7Ul.jpg

our passing percentage is in top five...

GEXMgm.jpg

our tacking is top 3 most.....

raNEyC.jpg

even though we aren;t the fastest most technically gifted team we dribble the ball a lot.

2J9XFn.jpg

because of the good defense we play....we have the second most shutouts with 7 in 18 matches.

k3LbUe.jpg

and we have only given up a little over a goal a game....

Player Stats

F06iKn.jpg

NOKjGn.jpg

Erik Pacinda has been a Jack Grealish unlocking defenses for our team. He has most assists and key passes from his Wide Playmaker position.

yhCQ5f.jpg

Our DM protects the back three much like a poor man's Ngolo Kante!

KZaS0n.jpg

Our goalie has the second most clean sheets.

484tlg.jpg

and 5th most...but because we have scored so many it isn't so bad.

KRYPM5.jpg

And Boris has 10 goals in 12 appearances scoring every 82 minutes.

and all of this because I have a tactic that plays to the strengths of my players. None of them individually is that good, but the whole is better because of how they fit together.

I wish I was as eloquent in how the tactic worked as others, but the results speak for themselves.

Thanks for Reading!

7 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

The 3-1-4-2 was originally superimposed over @Rashidi 4-2-3-1 Bayern Tactic for FM21. I used it extensively in my Debrecen and Grenoble saves and I think the Ideas are similar. I like to have tactical familiarity through all the formations so that is why I try to keep the TI's and Mentality the same. It is my way of creating a Tactical Style even if I mostly use only use one main tactic.

3 at the back disappeared for a while but has really made a come-back recently. Even at the Euros, quite a few top teams have been using it - Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, and recently England too.

Even at top clubs - Atleti won La Liga using 3 ATB, Inter won Serie A, Chelsea obviously won the Champions League... the list goes on

I find it really interesting for all the options it gives, and am happy to be finally making it work on FM!

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

December 2022:"Office Space"

Manager's Thoughts

I must say that there is a downside to this GM role. Spending all this time in dreary meetings and thinking ahead about how you want the team roster to look NEXT SEASON! While this season is still going on. It also means that I have less time to spend enjoying the fruits of my labor. I often catch myself daydreaming about timeoff...

That being said I am not afraid of a little work and the team is in a good place sitting 2nd in the table, but could be as low as 4rth when the League Splits in March. Safe from relegation again. My biggest headache is how to improve the team on a shoestring of a budget. I will be doing it by slowly letting go of older players and and the non Slovaks from the roster. The Two Foreign Players are key to our midfield, but I won't retain them when their contracts run out. It is just that I want to emulate Athletic Bilbao and its transfer policy.

In the short term I will look to the End of Contract Free Transfers to help improve the squad in areas that the Academy doesn't provide but I will only try and buy players under 23 years of age in this way.

I have nothing against older (27-31) players and I will give extensions to deserving players if I can work a deal that works for both sides. Hopefully some of these players will stay on and remain with the club after their playing days.

Highlights

Like I said I spent my time in meetings and negotiations. At least some of the negotiations were fruitful. I tied down some of the Starters before their contracts ended.

dvJOwc.jpg

This is a deal for Pacinda's heir apparent, he will be the starter next season and is on a very team friendly deal 5 year deal.

PPYLpg.jpg

I re-signed Rapavy because none of our Youth Players are truly ready to take his place as Boris's Partner. That might change as they are given playing time next season....but that is the future.

QuXn2c.jpg

Boris got a deal that will keep him in FC Kosice colors for his best years. It is also a team friendy deal that will be a bargain if he keeps up his Goal scoring ways.

Youth Intake Preview

5804mI.jpg

Not a horrible intake and a good prospect for Central Midfield an area where I will need replacements. Unfortunately many of our Academy grads are 15 so can't play professionally until the season after next even if they are good enough. See Pancik our Backup GK!

lPtOKf.jpg

Fabini has 18 months, I am willing to talk next December before he could leave on a Bosman.

2m7Hua.jpg

The team came back to some light training just before Christmas...in preparation for 2nd Preseason.

The Slovakian Manager of the Year was Announced:

dfZ86d.jpg

I came in third and the winner isn't even with AS Trencin anymore.....! LOL! What are they thinking!

U5cwAH.jpg

I know this came late and should probably be on next months report, but one of our best defenders re-signed for a deal that upped his minimum release clause and allows him to remain the highest paid player at the club.

Ba2MRk.jpg

and I told the press how happy I was with the deal.

League Tables

9P0wTM.jpg

z9KSkL.jpg

Analysts Report

uV53os.jpg

Management Report

KPbT31.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

3 at the back disappeared for a while but has really made a come-back recently. Even at the Euros, quite a few top teams have been using it - Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, and recently England too.

Even at top clubs - Atleti won La Liga using 3 ATB, Inter won Serie A, Chelsea obviously won the Champions League... the list goes on

I find it really interesting for all the options it gives, and am happy to be finally making it work on FM!

I’ve been 3 at the back last few files as well. I just wish we had a better options at the sides centre backs. Like hyrbrid fullback/centrebacks. The staying wider instructions do help but I would like to see overlapping or at least backing the play up. After all GPG at Atalanta and wilder Sheffield team do it 

43 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

I’ve been 3 at the back last few files as well. I just wish we had a better options at the sides centre backs. Like hyrbrid fullback/centrebacks. The staying wider instructions do help but I would like to see overlapping or at least backing the play up. After all GPG at Atalanta and wilder Sheffield team do it 

Completely agree. I was just thinking today about how the CB duties are different (cover, defend, stopper) and they only apply to behaviour without the ball. You cannot place a CB on support or even attack duty, unless you play a Libero which does not apply to the other CBs as you said.

26 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Completely agree. I was just thinking today about how the CB duties are different (cover, defend, stopper) and they only apply to behaviour without the ball. You cannot place a CB on support or even attack duty, unless you play a Libero which does not apply to the other CBs as you said.

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

I don't know all the Technical nuances...but having a CB-Cover in the Middle and CB-Stoppers works pretty well with a high D-Line. Especially if you use the the PI "stays Wide when Team has the ball". It also helps to have former Fullbacks and Wing Backs that have good heading playing the role. I think this is because they are more attack minded and generally have better ball skills. The problem is finding tall ones that check all the boxes!

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I don't know all the Technical nuances...but having a CB-Cover in the Middle and CB-Stoppers works pretty well with a high D-Line. Especially if you use the the PI "stays Wide when Team has the ball". It also helps to have former Fullbacks and Wing Backs that have good heading playing the role. I think this is because they are more attack minded and generally have better ball skills. The problem is finding tall ones that check all the boxes!

Mine is the opposite - stopper in the middle and cover on the sides. But could try your setup.

56 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Mine is the opposite - stopper in the middle and cover on the sides. But could try your setup.

The BPD(ST)-Co-BPD(ST) works well, as @Hootieleecesays. Keep wider, higher line, but it really worked when playing a 3-4-1-2. I did some experiments in preseason with Livorno and my wide CBS were combining with the wingers down the flanks regularly, and even did some overlapping!

Not Atalanta in real life or anything, but still worked surprisingly well

1 minute ago, 13th Man said:

The BPD(ST)-Co-BPD(ST) works well, as @Hootieleecesays. Keep wider, higher line, but it really worked when playing a 3-4-1-2. I did some experiments in preseason with Livorno and my wide CBS were combining with the wingers down the flanks regularly, and even did some overlapping!

Not Atalanta in real life or anything, but still worked surprisingly well

Nice will definitely try this out!

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

January/February 2023: Second Preseason "Tweaking Tactics"

Manager's Thoughts

I spent some time in between meetings thinking about what happens when another team "Park the Bus" against us. Which happens quite often because of our scoring prowess. Usually two things we get the ball and everyone congregates at the top of the box and is marked and a blocked shot is what happens after some passing around or they come out of their shell and we hit them on the Break with a ball over the top to Boris...that happens 1-2 a game. Luckily Boris scores most of those fleeting chances.

Our Mentality is Balanced. I don't think that is the problem. So I looked to our defense line and line of engagement both of which were Higher. I thus counter intuitively decided that we actually wanted to invite teams out of their box to fix two problems. Our defensive problems with balls Over the Top and Diagonal Balls and our offensive  problems with buses because of our lack of pace.

I think that the early trouble during the friendlies was the players getting used to a new way of playing, by the last matches I was seeing throughballs getting into the box for BOTH Strikers to finish.

If the defense works out like the offense has begun. The future is so bright I have to wear Shades! :cool:

Schedule

afmki8.jpg

Highlights

Well Christmas came and the team gathered after some time off to watch the World Cup.....

EaxOnx.jpg

Which was won by ENGLAND!

with Italy second and Spain 3rd.

I also checked on the European Championship of 2021

ZjFY6D.jpg

Won by Belgium with Netherlands Runner's up!

Now that the results of the big tournaments are out of the way....I start telling you about my squad's 2nd Preseason.

Even though the team assembled before Christmas, I allowed a relaxed week of training around the holiday's and hosted I hosted a team New Year's Eve Party!

Image result for kosice nightlife

After the New Year started I kept the two a day sessions going to ease the team back into the rhythm of training. The first Friendly was a trip to Poland.

During those relaxed weeks I was busy in my office getting negotiations started with players I wanted for the team next season.

AHeEBQ.jpg

One was this guy to replace Jackubek, will become the new Cover CB in the Back 3 next season!

aF1hmK.jpg

I am trying to get a little more speed in my team and the back line is a good place to start.

BYFUhX.jpg

I also added this player for competition purposes....

and before the first Friendly the dreaded injury bug struck!

8vnHKg.jpg

He is only a depth choice, but missing match practice and training won't help if he needs to step in when it counts!

I9K4WO.jpg

Our first match was like watching paint dry, but we did at least spoiled the opening celebrations for a new Stadium!

owBREQ.jpg

We scored early, but the team really wasn't comfortable with the Standard Defensive Line and Lower Line of Engagement that I was trying as a way to "Unpark Buses"!

1saELS.jpg

The Board asked if I wanted to change expectations...no I am very happy to exceed a low bar...

Then came the trip to Lviv in the Ukraine for two matches...

OhbYXg.jpg

In this game the defense acted like they didn't know how to defend, but offensively we found more space and the box was less packed. Leading to both our goals after I rotated the starters into the match in the second half.

iZkm8G.jpg

We were better according to Analytics, but the scoreboard called it a draw.

but the biggest regret was the loss of our  Playmaker Pacinda....

eKlEFK.jpg

The next match happened 3 days later at the other end of Lviv.....

SpshMv.jpg

fKa9w2.jpg

another comfortable win as the team got used to the new tactics.....

G3GPAo.jpg

Samorin offered for a player I didn't think has a future with us so I was happy to sell...

Then came the injuries....

4CU8AR.jpg

up and coming playmaker Kosuda for the rest of the 2nd Preseason.

ZLmBPm.jpg

and depth option Striker Lesko...as well.

Both of these happened in a match we lost 1-3 where our opponents CSKA Sofia manhandled us....

jp4mer.jpg

I ripped into the team after the match...in a Hall of Fame worthy Tirade!

Ix5NDK.jpg

Analytics show that we were second best in the match!

j5rLCR.jpg

and to make matters worse I had just re-signed Lesko!

RRxaEM.jpg

Jonec went out with the Flu...

We headed into a match with our crosstown rivals Lokomotiva Kosice....

tt4B4d.jpg

We played average, but it was more than enough to show them who ruled the City of Kosice.

ETqsvH.jpg

We would also have friendlies on February 1rst and 4rth to finish 2nd Preseason.

The first match was against Levski from Bulgaria.....I wanted to do better than against CSKA Sofia....

fjUtrP.jpg

at least we didn't lose....

The final match would see us travel to a 2 Liga side Pohonrie in Slovakia.....

azxtLc.jpg

The team had learned their lessons well from the friendlies and put Pohonrie to the sword....with 5 goals....Boris was now finding space in behind and the Central midfielders were finding him with throughballs...instead of mostly over the top balls like before....to beat a bus.

GUQwZW.jpg

Even the Analysts thought it was a good performance!

League Table

yQT7wT.jpg

Player of the Month

Boris Gall

YTxq7A.jpg

Boris came back from his injury to pick up where he left off....scoring for fun and profit!

Analysts Report

oPyoBe.jpg

Management Report

W7uGKy.jpg

lgpSeN.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

February 2023: Regular Season "Life before the Split"

Manager's Thoughts

The team is playing well and we are in a good place tactically and with roster management. The only downside is the lack of financial support from the Board and the Fans. It means that we will have to go for European Football by any means necessary and hopefully some how reach the Group Stage as the remedy for our cashflow woes. Is that a realistic goal? No, it is more of wish, but it is the one that I have to hope is granted.

Schedule

RNlmos.jpg

Highlights

The return to league action saw us play tableproppers Banska Bystrica at the Cermel Stadium. We couldn't ask for a better opponent. They "Parked the Bus" and played a 4-4-2 a la Sean Dyche's Burnley circa 2020.

L9nkq8.jpg

We were heavily favored but would need to get off to a good start to ensure victory.

kMKLkI.jpg

Three goals from our Strikers early knocked the stuffing out of them and we coasted to victory.

The biggest talking points were Boris's misses in front of the goal that would have given him a Hat-Trick! Including a penalty miss.

The next match would see the team travel to Trnava..for a match against a team that was our closest competitor for a European place.

It is always an intriguing clash, Trnava want to dominate the Middle of the Park like us, but they use a 5-2-2-1WB formation to do so.

The match was an even contest in the first half and then Danny Rapavy broke the deadlock at the 55 minute mark. Trnava made some personnel changes and scored late to tie the match a fair result.

IJ7UAk.jpg

I just want the team to focus on one game at a time...and win each as it comes. The results will come if we win often enough.

ecscyI.jpg

The Analysts weren't quite as happy as I was about the draw. Saying we didn't play well....

The next match was a renewal in the Slovan Bratislava vs. FC Kosice rivalry....

LBNIbP.jpg

Even though this matchup was at the Cermel. We were distinct underdogs even though this was 1 vs, 2 encounter. Since Slovan Bratislava seemed to be on a mission to regain their title. 

JAuTNa.jpg

The SB manager gave us plaudits for our achievments....to date.

ecKHWK.jpg

The match was a Thriller for the home fans. We won on four goals from our Strikers Gall and Rapavy. SB had no answer for them, but we had no real answer for their Target man Scheidler either as he scored a brace.

The match made all of the Sports casts that night in Slovakia!

7StQ6C.jpg

As you can see from analytics we were lucky to get our win, but I will take it especially against SB!

The last match of the month saw us take on Banska Bystrica again this time in the Slovak FA Cup Quarterfinals! The Cermel was ready.

WHXPFN.jpg

We were favored due to form and table position, but I wanted a professional  performance with my rotated side to continue the cup run.

OCqaPh.jpg

We did put another good performance that was made easier by a Red Card Bystrica. 

E8Js6L.jpg

The Analysts thought it was a good performance.

The only real problem was an Injury to up and coming playmaker Kosuda....

v46TAu.jpg

Since the match was on the final day of the Slovakian Transfer window I also sealed another deal for next season.

Fq1FwH.jpg

This is yet another Central Midfielder to see who will replace Ristovski...

iwNo6P.jpg

and I rejected a bid on a player that has become a useful depth choice.

League Table

M9zyxd.jpg

Player of the Month

Daniel Rapavy

kjjjzL.jpg

with the tactical tweak Rapavy is finding the space he needs to operate....

Analyst Report

mpT2Y0.jpg

Management Report

oZCxv8.jpg

UG5w8S.jpg

The only thing bad is the Bank Balance....Europe or Player Sales are the only way out of this....

Thanks for Reading!

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

Europe indeed is the best fix, and it seems like you are on your way there this season?

BTW, what are your attendances like?

About 3k in a 9k stadium for most matches in Super League. About 4k for Slovan Bratislava matches. Slovan and Dunjska are usually 8-10k home attendance when we play them at their arenas.

As for Europe, Most likely we will make it. I have played further and have a winnable Cup Final that will clinch it. It is the most certain way for the Third Place Team to get it if the League Champions don't do the Domestic Double. Which is about to happen, I can't catch SB this season and Neither SB or Dunjska which are ahead of me are in the Slovak FA Cup Final!:brock:

Catching up... a pity your european adventure ended so early but you will get another go at it next season as it looks now. This should at least give a bit more money. You seem to have established the team among the top 3 already :)

1 minute ago, Carambau said:

Catching up... a pity your european adventure ended so early but you will get another go at it next season as it looks now. This should at least give a bit more money. You seem to have established the team among the top 3 already :)

Yes, I should get Europe again. The team is really just in a bad league with no prize money or tv money...but my goals for a season are always to make top 6 before the League Split. (That makes you immune to relegation.) Anything else is gravy....

As for Europe, The League Schedule doesn't help with deep European runs. the league starts in July and playing twice a week just shows the lack of depth. The League also takes a long Midseason Break. (Pretty much all of December)

The Team was predicted 11th out of 12 in the league....

One half decent run in Europe will set you up for years, can gets millions of have opponents can beat. All those games at the start of the season are brutal on any squad to go the distance without having too many players then they are all upset about missing out. Catch 22!

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

March 2023: Championship Season "Prelude to a kiss..."

Manager's Thoughts

The team came into the month playing well. Unfortunately it was only going to get tougher. There wouldn't be anymore "tomato cans" for us to play to borrow the boxing term. I was also excited by our prospects in the Slovakian FA Cup, unfortunately we got the toughest opponent left: Dunjska Streda. We went to their place and pulled off a miracle "Smash and Grab" which gives us a chance for the final. Which if we can win it will assure us of European Adventures Again!

That is the path forward to fix the team's fortunes since it is unlikely that we will ever receive a true windfall for a player sale.

The second leg of the Semi-Final happens on April Fool's Day!....

Time to get back to figuring out a way to balance the books and be competitive on the pitch!

Schedule

Gu32Vr.jpg

Highlights

The win in the Quarterfinals rewarded us with the toughest possible Semi-Final matchup:

ngbrgj.jpg

The regular season had one last fixture. A trip to Zlate Moravce, it was a bit of a formality...we were safely into the Championship Division and had no real hope of catching either of the teams ahead of in the table. That being said I still wanted to play well even I decided to rotate the team and give the starters a rest.

8syJKZ.jpg

Yeah we're really bringing out the fans....

NAMOKd.jpg

We were favored and I learned they had hired a new manager in the presser....I am usually too busy to pay attention to what is going on at other clubs....

e4zA3i.jpg

FI835Z.jpg

Zlate-Moravce came to play to impress their new boss, but Daniel Rapavy continued his stellar form in front of goal. He has really benefited from the tactical tweak.

Pi38wQ.jpg

so much so he scored a Hat-Trick and was named man of the match!

4QMfT5.jpg

Yes, it took a few words of "Encouragement" from me to win the game!

KQbrh7.jpg

and the Analysts show how close the match was....

JJxib7.jpg

The league will now split....

CwW6CU.jpg

Our position in the table means we are now immune to relegation, but the fight is on for Europe since it will be hard to claim the League title even though we are in 3rd place!

9F4hV3.jpg

Dun Streda and Slovan are the favorites, but any team in this group can beat any other....

The first two matches of the 10 match Championship fight would happen before the March International Break. First up was Trnava.

VcugF8.jpg

Trnava was not in the best form, but there were hints of a turn around....

UDy5Lr.jpg

The Two Teams fought each other tooth and nail, but Trnava won the close match 0-1....We tried to get an equalizer late, but to no avail.

ik0hlX.jpg

The loss was at the top of the Sportcasts because our 10 game home winning streak was at an end. Yes, we are turning the Cermel Stadium into a "Fortress". No we just need fans!

XRHbAD.jpg

The analysis shows that their goal really change the game!

With an eye to the future I re-signed young defender Juraj Kuc to long-term deal.....Two of our back three are secured for next season!

ty7v5p.jpg

He is young pretty good and the team will make money if any foreign teams come for him!

alj3VA.jpg

and now he will stop pouting and hopefully kick it up a notch!

The International Break would see of two of our young players play for their country at the youth level.

FQP8gh.jpg

With those GM meanderings out of the way...the team now had to head to Dunjska Streda for the first Leg of the Slovakian FA Cup Semi-Final.

The Hosts were prohibitive favorites....

ADNS1k.jpg

but our prayers were answered with a cheeky "Smash and Grab" that saw our Goal under siege during the Second Half!

mLcEPH.jpg

According to the stats there is no way we should have won that match.....FM Gods be praised!

The last match of the month would see the team travel Michalovce....

The media wanted to make it about me though.....

XxMsBU.jpg

by noting the next match would be 100 matches as a manager!

4D6v8j.jpg

The hosts had the home advantage, but I thought we had a chance!

5nb0wr.jpg

It was another case of us scoring early and hanging on for dear life for a draw.....

Youth Intake

The International Break brought me time to look into the Youth team with my role as GM....

l4g7jC.jpg

It looks like we have 5 possible players in the intake according to the HOYD!

697hmK.jpg

This is the best player really good passer will need to be mentored....

9DpS9F.jpg

a good tall CB....nothing to sneeze at...

Gj20ot.jpg

a decent player will be trained as a DLF -S or CM-S....

h5QL7v.jpg

a little slow and heading isn't ideal, but we'll see how he develops....

5VjpoI.jpg

Not the best winger, but might be a useful CM in the future...Good personality.

UZmRnE.jpg

I let The HOYD decide who would be given a chance with the Youth team.

Highlights #2

Other than the Youth intake the International break went well with some relaxed training until the end of the month...just before the Second Leg of the Slovakian Cup Semi-Finals!

FNVsof.jpg

Va3klj.jpg

This will keep him out the rest of the season....:seagull: He is one of the keys to our midfield domination Gameplan!

League Table

w9MvM7.jpg

Player of the Month

Daniel Rapavy

NLuirQ.jpg

Analysts Report

GZqF7i.jpg

Our form has been shaky this month, but our defensive stats have gotten much better!

Management Report

DR8gP2.jpg

9BQGMS.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

58 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Good solid intake. Central mid and centre back I would throw in at the deep end and give them some game-time of the bench 

I can't yet....they are 15. I have similar players in my U-19's that I might introduce that I was planning on using next season.

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

April 2023: "When it rains, we pour in goals!"

Manager's Thoughts

This month has reaffirmed my belief that I am the right manager for FC Kosice. The victory in the Slovak FA Cup assured us of another European Adventure. If I can get the team depth up I may have a chance at financial heaven. A Group Stage entry fee. If we could some how reach that next season even in the Europa Conference League it would provide the windfall needed to truly challenge Slovan Bratislava for Supremacy!

Schedule

kc5bf4.jpg

Highlights

At the  start of the month I went to the Board with a petition to find a Senior Affiliate to help with our financial problems....

scyfwH.jpg

They agreed and would get back shortly....

The team played a match against Dun Streda....

dxnujj.jpg

The match was an even contest that finished tied after matching goals in stoppage time!

and that was after we had survived a barrage of shots from Dun Streda!

the match was decided by a biased referee....I'm beginning to think that Slovak Referees need to be paid more.....

but the biggest talking point was the loss of up and coming playmaker Kosuda....

WN6I4P.jpg

He will now miss the rest of the season....

ONvOFR.jpg

The analysts and I agree we got away with a draw in that match....

We then had to play Dun Streda again a few days later this time in the Slovak FA Cup Semi-Final!

66cdLU.jpg

4Yelo1.jpg

Our Loyal Ultras were backing us if no one else would....

OKTNNz.jpg

In another classic case of absorbing attacks and counterattacking we won the game when officiated "correctly"!

ZrckYi.jpg

The analysts as usual wanted to rain on our parade....

This win would send us to the finals against Nitra the defending Champs!

F0MaLT.jpg

Circle this day on your calendar folks!

After the Cup clash we headed to the Capital to play Slovan Bratislava!

QJNbt1.jpg

pQeCA1.jpg

In an interesting note...our Captain is closing in on the League assists record.

UGwKRE.jpg

The League leaders succumbed to the goal-scoring of our Striker pairing with assists from Pacinda.....

Again our Counter attack was lethal while surviving a barrage of opposition shots.....

6YUtD8.jpg

The upset was on all the Sports News Networks in Slovakia!

bD9de5.jpg

and we lose another Key Player even if he attracts penalty cards.....

zhEumE.jpg

The Analysts showed how we flatter to deceive according to them.....

After the match with SB the board came back with their recommendations for Senior Affiliate: OM, LOSC, and Fiorentina. I said Fiorentina.

91wHLY.jpg

HEEZzI.jpg

After the hoopla of the Affiliate announcement died down we had a match to play against Ruzomberak.

f1QvoX.jpg

As the home team we were favored!

Bs3sp2.jpg

Call it a "hangover" a "Trap Game" or a "Look ahead Game". We didn't play well and it showed. I think that the hectic schedule was getting to the team....

3E6HBt.jpg

According to the Stats clerks we should have won....they must be glued to their spreadsheets the match was like watching the grass on the pitch grow!

The Hectic schedule didn't let up we had to play our nearest competitors Trnava just a few days later!

dlyqX4.jpg

It turned out to be the game of the Season!

9GoboM.jpg

Boris Gall Scored 8 Goals!

PIdukc.jpg

wLh2Cj.jpg

and it was a League Record as Well!

2oeIGT.jpg

yOP8x7.jpg

I was absolutely thrilled with the offensive display!

jihO1B.jpg

The only bad thing is we lose our Defensive Midfield Wall....

vWBXqa.jpg

4laSW8.jpg

Look at the Field Position dominating the center of the pitch!

xv1pNd.jpg

and yes I was happy to sign the bonus check for Boris!

Slovak FA CUP Final

The last match of the month was the Cup Final....

JTbf5Y.jpg

The match would NOT be a sellout.....only because the fans of the Bratislava teams were staying home....crying in their beer!

elPYSC.jpg

8b0FZy.jpg

It is our First Cup Final! Our Team has only been in existence since 2018!

HDraqt.jpg

I admitted in the pre-match interview that we would miss our defensive standout!

Gxw81j.jpg

The match was one for the ages with neither team giving an inch and we won in spite of the Referee in Extra-Time due to My Goals scoring Machine Boris "Goal"!

5VZI61.jpg 

kZ0oqb.jpg

wufRW9.jpg

We are going to be in the History Books ! The "little team" that could!

iFbDJD.jpg

This also assures us of Europe....If Nitra had won we would have missed out! Due to how European Places are given out!

UyHmri.jpg

and of course the Analytics boyz wanted to show how lucky we were....and the funny thing is part of me agrees and another was sure of victory!

ZoPpcr.jpg

and as an added bonus we are now assured 3rd place in the Super League!

League Table

H39A3R.jpg

Player of the Month

Boris Gall

ROJqhY.jpg

RMSVEx.jpg

11 Goals in the month....some Forwards don't score 11 in a season!

Analysts Report

iYzRc9.jpg

Our Defense has become much better, and our scoring is still topping the charts!

Management Report

ywYgzU.jpg

8gefpp.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

32 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Congratulations on the Slovak cup win! 8 goals in game at any level is marvellous a league record to last time that one 

Trnava fans use Boris's name to scare their children....

He scored 14 goals in two games at their stadium over two seasons.....

Also if we didn't win the Slovak Cup we would have missed Europe.....becuase of the way the 4 European places are handed out in Slovakia. The Champion goes to UEFA Champion's League Playins. The remaining 3 Europa Conference League Places are handed out this way. Slovak Cup Winner, 2nd Place, and European Place Playoff winner...4rth-7th team participate.  Nitra was 8th thus we would have missed like Trencin last Season, becuse Third place only gets a place if a top 2 team wins the Cup!

1 hour ago, theBlackPrince said:

Congratulations on the Slovak Cup and making sure you head into Europe, takes the pressure off the League. Maybe all first born sons in Kosice need to be called Boris from now on.... :) 

Matus was hoping they would be named after him....

As for Boris and his goal scoring I can't explain other than he is in the position that the formation sets up as the primary Goal Scorer, but if you looked at his attributes you would expect goals, but not this many! Not that I'm complaining.

Damn :eek: 3rd place seems a bit unfairly treated in Slovakia if a 3rd place isnt enough for europe but 4th to 7th get the chance to qualify... someone should sue the FA to change those crazy rules! Meanwhile your G(o)all machine  is scoring and scoring :thup: I´m sure he will also score in the cup final so you don´t have to worry about not qualifying for europe :)

21 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Damn :eek: 3rd place seems a bit unfairly treated in Slovakia if a 3rd place isnt enough for europe but 4th to 7th get the chance to qualify... someone should sue the FA to change those crazy rules! Meanwhile your G(o)all machine  is scoring and scoring :thup: I´m sure he will also score in the cup final so you don´t have to worry about not qualifying for europe :)

Luckily We did win the Cup!

That third place problem only shows itself when the Domestic Double doesn't happen.....and now two years in a row....I qualified last season by winning the Qualification Tournament as the top seed (4rth).

I realize that 64 points are needed to assure qualification (2nd Place) or a title win.

Next Season I am probably going to start out slow again....because I will be concentrating on Europe early in the season. The objective next season is to be 4rth-7th on the table at the end,

I just don't have the depth to really challenge the top 2 team....yet.!

1 minute ago, Hootieleece said:

Luckily We did win the Cup!

That third place problem only shows itself when the Domestic Double doesn't happen.....and now two years in a row....I qualified last season by winning the Qualification Tournament as the top seed (4rth).

I realize that 64 points are needed to assure qualification (2nd Place) or a title win.

Next Season I am probably going to start out slow again....because I will be concentrating on Europe early in the season. The objective next season is to be 4rth-7th on the table at the end,

I just don't have the depth to really challenge the top 2 team....yet.!

Damn! I misread this again, there are just too many screenshots to read at once ;)  Congratulations nevertheless!

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

May 2023:"Playing out the string"

Schedule

cBM0Rz.jpg

Highlights

The party after the Cup win lasted late into the night, but the season wasn't over and Michalovce was coming to town in a few days....

RemFGB.jpg

We were favored but I wasn't sure the team would be ready after the exhausting Cup win....

J7UaR9.jpg

and we played decidedly lackluster, luckily so did our opponents.

kHK1NA.jpg

Yes, We never got going and the Analytics backs it up.....

after that bore of a draw we face Dun Streda yet again...followed by Slovan Bratislava to finish the season...

l0KCeS.jpg

Dun Streda was considered the favorites. Making us Home Underdogs....even if we had just beat them in the Cup Semi-Final!

VI4O1Q.jpg

We played better , but didn't have enough to win!

iZFjwS.jpg

The analysts wondered how we escaped with another draw....

Wk5ENq.jpg

Our Draw ended any chance of Dun Streda catching them on the last day....

zv7IJ3.jpg

The penultimate match was a trip Ruzomberak...they were favored and couldn't catch us so I rotated some "kids" into the lineup.

G6c4zy.jpg

Our one -two punch up top of Gall and Rapavy led the line again for another win...the kids were in midfield and defense....

I wanted to make sure Boris got enough chances to create a record....that might never be broken!

HhZOdf.jpg

Again the Analysts wanted to ruin the fun....

The final match of the season would see the team take on the Champions Slovan Bratislava....I was determined to ruin their party....

I played my best XI!

rdcCL0.jpg

A dead rubber game according to the media....Slovan Bratislava needed to know we wouldn't just roll over!

K34o5Q.jpg

The team won led by Boris.....Social Media was rather brutal though!

6xJdVX.jpg

and Boris led the way...cementing his goal scoring title!

QSEDBu.jpg

It is Boris's World and were just living in it!'

QaC2rO.jpg

I told the press that Gall was better than Lewandowski!

8ws8Kg.jpg

and as always the Analysts wanted to show how we got away with it.

CYRJGc.jpg

We got $50k for Third Place.....

6ox1IF.jpg

The Final Table!

Look at the FC Kosice Players leading the Stats!

Boris scored 30 Goals in 32 games! Winning the Goal Scoring Title by a mile!

Our two strikers were the two best players in the League in Average Rating.

and our elder statesman Pacinda led the league in assists.

gJko9w.jpg

90LqdY.jpg

Season Analyst Report

IjvGWO.jpg

Board Meeting

0nrpfa.jpg

EI1Mdr.jpg

So the team has just had its best season ever...and the Board still isn't that ambitious...

jD08rb.jpg

I let the team go on vacation and got myself back in the office to plan next season.....

IBAT4S.jpg

The Europa Conference League is only a "pipedream" for a team like us....getting to the Group stage would be like winning!

GM Powerplays 

kzaays.jpg

Sokol is the first of many players that will leave. He is a Youth player that will never make it with my ambitions. As I try and get spending back under control.

3vqa7p.jpg

The Academy lost a player to Nitra hopefully it doesn't comeback to bite us....

I then started a staff makeover....

LXtnQj.jpg

KMmxqJ.jpg

Ks6Y2n.jpg

Because we need to get better in these areas if we want to become a dominant club.....

Management Report

hLbiAI.jpg

RwtOTY.jpg

The Finances are a worry. A successful season even with some European money ended in the red....

Thanks for Reading!

10 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

Excellent season!  Lifting the cup and a 9-3 win?  Crazy times.  Boris is a machine, seems the system suits him perfectly!

Yes, it was a good season. As for Boris to think he was sitting on the bench as a backup AMC during the first season. 

Funniest thing is that he wasn't who I had in mind for AF when I changed formations....It was Rapavy his partner.....

Boris scored 30 goals in 24 apps.  Rapavy scored 15 from DLF....a great partnership up top.

FC Kosice

aENXsV.png

Awards Night/Season Review 2023

See the source image

Hello again. Welcome to the FC Kosice Awards Night brought to you by Hilton Hotels

Player of the Year

Boris Gall

QRbytr.jpg

Boris was the player who put the "Biscuit in the Basket" all season. He scored 30 goals in the League to win his second Goal Scoring Title!

Season Review

4mM2Nh.jpg

CV5nYH.jpg

7XYZuR.jpg

None of the new arrivals played a starting role, but Norbert Brodziansky was the best among them.

YWbAjy.jpg

Third place was our highest ever position in the league...but we have only been in the League for two seasons and in existence for FIVE!

So to Top this were gonna have to win the Title!

mxMXK4.jpg

The team went on its first foray into European football and traveled to Finland and Hungary.

varH4s.jpg

The Slovak FA Cup Run was for the Ages and secured European Football for the team. Two Trophies in three seasons not to shabby.

0ufVsY.jpg

The season had many moments to remember but the Big win over Trnava and the 10 man win over Nitra are especially sweet.

4sWvO0.jpg

This was the best the team has done financially but there is work yet to do.

BN33mm.jpg

1ncBZl.jpg

8iykLm.jpg

Best XI Ever

rHl7LY.jpg

not sure how substitute Adrian Lesko starts at AF over Boris Gall, but fans are crazy....

That is all for tonight. Be safe in your celebrating and remember there are Hotel rooms if needed.

Thanks for Reading!