How exactly does one permantly eliminate a club president?

(rant coming)

Trying to do a sign-up of wonder-kids on the African island of Reunion. Built up a database, had some great assistance with kits and player pics, started up the save, things are going great and then 2/3rds of the way through the season, every French Ligue 1 team starts making offers and (coincidentally, because the team president is French) every offer, no matter how financially STUPID is accepted "because the offer is too good to be turned down". 

It's funny, if I'M managing a top-tier team in some European country, and I find a wonder-kid and go in with a fair and reasonable offer (like 10x player value), that team's management will counter with a 172x player value demand. But if I'm at some club out in the middle of the Indian Ocean at a club leading the league, and some French club comes in with a $50K offer on a player worth $25K, the club sells him away because it's such a great offer. You protest to the board, and they say "well, we've made up our minds, take those pathetic transfer leavings and go buy a 'high profile' player to replace him"...HOW? I have two part-time scouts and we're limited to scouting "in-nation",,,an island of 850K people who really don't care about football. 

So, to put it bluntly...how can I kill the club president? I want to keep my players, and he simply won't listen to reason. 

23 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Hitman?

Oh wait, the hiring a hitman will be in FM2022. ;)

I WISH - the game won't let me spend my salary on coaching badges, a car, a house...heck I'd pay a couple salaries out of my own pocket if the game would let me. 

4 hours ago, podunkboy said:

I WISH - the game won't let me spend my salary on coaching badges, a car, a house...heck I'd pay a couple salaries out of my own pocket if the game would let me. 

You wish for the game to not let you spend money in game on stuff, but you'd pay if the game let you do it? :confused:

6 hours ago, Baodan said:

You wish for the game to not let you spend money in game on stuff, but you'd pay if the game let you do it? :confused:

No, I was saying I wish I could pay for a hitman in FM 21 because it doesn't allow you to spend your salary on anything.

I'd probably move to a league where $50k isn't a lot of money to the club and probably a bigger deal than the prize money for winning a league you'll probably win anyway.

Let's be honest, random clubs in Reunion aren't holding Ligue 1 clubs to ransom or hanging on to star players IRL

Suspect if you did bump the President off either with a hitman or an in game editor, it'd be a case of meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Edited by enigmatic

On 08/06/2021 at 02:28, podunkboy said:

(rant coming)

Trying to do a sign-up of wonder-kids on the African island of Reunion. Built up a database, had some great assistance with kits and player pics, started up the save, things are going great and then 2/3rds of the way through the season, every French Ligue 1 team starts making offers and (coincidentally, because the team president is French) every offer, no matter how financially STUPID is accepted "because the offer is too good to be turned down". 

It's funny, if I'M managing a top-tier team in some European country, and I find a wonder-kid and go in with a fair and reasonable offer (like 10x player value), that team's management will counter with a 172x player value demand. But if I'm at some club out in the middle of the Indian Ocean at a club leading the league, and some French club comes in with a $50K offer on a player worth $25K, the club sells him away because it's such a great offer. You protest to the board, and they say "well, we've made up our minds, take those pathetic transfer leavings and go buy a 'high profile' player to replace him"...HOW? I have two part-time scouts and we're limited to scouting "in-nation",,,an island of 850K people who really don't care about football. 

So, to put it bluntly...how can I kill the club president? I want to keep my players, and he simply won't listen to reason. 

You need this guy.

Agent 47 - Wikipedia

On 08/06/2021 at 04:28, podunkboy said:

I want to keep my players, and he simply won't listen to reason. 

You're sure they're "your players" ? Of course, realism is not always pleasant, but what's the alternative ? Science fiction with presidents who spend very large amounts in countries where clubs have incomings 100 times lower than in Europe ?

1 hour ago, GreenTriangle said:

You're sure they're "your players" ? Of course, realism is not always pleasant, but what's the alternative ? Science fiction with presidents who spend very large amounts in countries where clubs have incomings 100 times lower than in Europe ?

Well, back in about FM'14, I did a similar sign-up experiment using a very-lower-league Scottish team (Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic) and was able to hold onto about 11 of the 13 players long enough to win the Scottish Premier League. I'm afraid that realism has crept into FM'21 and team owners are filthy money-grubbing pimps now. #ImagineThat