Is there anything that can be done about the unrealistic Scottish League?

In Scotland Rangers have been rampant.  Over 100 league points, setting a new defensive record, Celtic have not been able to win an Old Firm game all season.  Celtic, on the other hand, have been a calamity going from one embarrassment to the next. 

I play the Scottish leagues often and Celtic are still rated as the best team in the country.  When you look at what happens in the game, and reality, the two are far removed from one another.  When the game was released Shane Duffy was worth £14m and was rated as the best CB in Scotland, but in reality he's horrific and Celtic wouldn't buy him for £1m.

Is there any way to release a patch that balances the two teams in a way that better reflects the reality of the Scottish Leagues? 

32 minutes ago, PigeonStrangler said:

In Scotland Rangers have been rampant.  Over 100 league points, setting a new defensive record, Celtic have not been able to win an Old Firm game all season.  Celtic, on the other hand, have been a calamity going from one embarrassment to the next. 

I play the Scottish leagues often and Celtic are still rated as the best team in the country.  When you look at what happens in the game, and reality, the two are far removed from one another.  When the game was released Shane Duffy was worth £14m and was rated as the best CB in Scotland, but in reality he's horrific and Celtic wouldn't buy him for £1m.

Is there any way to release a patch that balances the two teams in a way that better reflects the reality of the Scottish Leagues? 

There was nothing evident when the season stared that the outcome would be this- Celtic had won 9 league titles and had been in the CL, so were reasonably rated with a higher reputation than Rangers.  If you are unhappy with this, use the editor to change it but there will not be an update 

42 minutes ago, FrazT said:

There was nothing evident when the season stared that the outcome would be this- Celtic had won 9 league titles and had been in the CL, so were reasonably rated with a higher reputation than Rangers.  If you are unhappy with this, use the editor to change it but there will not be an update 

I get that people thought Celtic were much better than they were.  But now we know they're not, and Rangers have won the Scottish league by 20+ points, it's a shame the game can't be altered to reflect the reality of Scottish football this season.  Celtic's season was over by the start of January but the winter update didn't even reflect the current gulf between the two Old Firm teams.  I mostly play the Scottish leagues and the lack of realism is very jarring indeed. 

Hopefully next years game can more accurately reflect what's happening in Scottish football. 

9 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Hopefully next years game can more accurately reflect what's happening in Scottish football. 

You should probably try reading the post which you're quoting and see that the game reflects what was thought to be accurate in the pre-season expectations.

Not even mentioning the much more serious problems which won't be fixed apparently before FM22 comes out.

Currently I have Solkskjaer, Pirlo, Pochettino, Conte, Zidane and Flick still at their places after 12 seasons ingame and here we are, Gers were not accurately predicted to steamroll the league with two teams having at least distant idea of what football is.

Edited by Outrospective

22 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

I get that people thought Celtic were much better than they were.  But now we know they're not, and Rangers have won the Scottish league by 20+ points, it's a shame the game can't be altered to reflect the reality of Scottish football this season.  Celtic's season was over by the start of January but the winter update didn't even reflect the current gulf between the two Old Firm teams.  I mostly play the Scottish leagues and the lack of realism is very jarring indeed. 

Man the game was problems put clearny thats not one of it 

If it irks you just go and edit it will take 5 minutse to fix this problem.. At beginning of season Celtic were favorites ... 

Its like 5 years ago when Leicester become champions and were a great team . They had a huge lead at winter break? So what was Si supposed to do  destroy all top league teams so Leicester can become champions in the game too? 

I think FM has been getting Scotland just right the last couple of versions. When I play as a non-Rangers/Celtic club, it's a very difficult challenge to beat them, and Celtic tends to prevail most seasons when I'm not playing Scotland (as has been the case for 10+ years now).

I think Scotland has the most boring league in the World anyways . Its just ridiculous that its always a 2 team race and Scotland will never be a World force because of it .  

• FrazT locked this topic