The FM 2021 AMC thread

[still playing FM20]

This is such a great thread and it has helped me understand the AP role a lot better. I've reaplied the front 4 suggestion (IF-AP-IF, AF) in my save but i didn't achieve convincing success with it. However I did get to notice some fluid sequnce of play that I noticed involving the advanced playmaker and it made me conclude one thing: The role loves space and support. I'd often see it drop a little deeper and collect the ball from the deeper midfielders to then drive at the final third to pass it on to the wide forwards.  But with 4-2-3-1 not working well and its tendency to be caught out on the break, I switched to 4-3-3 and reapplied what I learned.

1336770322_Screenshot2021-11-01164543.png.160ede66695443bffa0d3e9d00fe97ff.png

I've played on the advice by @Johnny Ace on the pairings of IF(a) with strikers and think the combo above works well, I think pairing him with an AF wouldn't work as I think they'd dim eachother's light. the AP gets so much freedom in the final third and I love it.

I might be jumping the gun as I've only played 3 games but, in each of the games I've seen the same patterns of play and player behaviours and its really positive.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Dan Hartigan said:

How does Messi work from AMC? I like AMC runners and creators like Messi, Maradona......

I still play FM 21

He was fantastic for me as a Trequartista, that was the FM22 beta at PSG though, I posted a few GIFS of him in the FM22 AMC thread 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, am still playing FM 21 and have built a possession-based 4-2-3-1 at Shakhtar Donetsk. I have just had this monster of a season from my AMC:

spacer.png

I know it's only the Ukrainian league and his numbers are also inflated by being my penalty and set piece taker, but I have never before had this sort of output from an AMC in recent versions of FM. I have been using a Cautious mentality to promote my vision of possession football where my team doesn't take unnecessary risks in possession, instead preferring to recycle the ball and probe for openings. He is used as the AMC in this setup, with the PIs Dribble more, Take more risks and Get further forward:

5256a30c33466e3a4f238595bc83f274.jpg

I go into more detail about the tactic here where I have also included GIFs of some beautiful AMC play down towards the bottom.

• 1 month later...
On 09/03/2021 at 14:23, Johnny Ace said:

The Trequartista is an awesome role in the hole 

Muller.gif.3395cb3097c6f3e5e9e202c527a83d9b.gif

I need some fresh help here bud. I'm pretty set on my 4231DM on all roles except the top 4. I'd like to use a Treq at AMC, what are good roles for runners on the wings and up top but that won't crowd the Treq for space?

On 26/08/2022 at 21:55, 04texag said:

I need some fresh help here bud. I'm pretty set on my 4231DM on all roles except the top 4. I'd like to use a Treq at AMC, what are good roles for runners on the wings and up top but that won't crowd the Treq for space?

I'm loving the 4-2-3-1 DM this year, I've been tinkering with an Arsenal 22/23 tactic, hopefully it translates into FM23 :D

A Trequarstista is great for the shape, I think you're safe with anything to be honest, I'd probably avoid dual Wingers, that's more like a Direct setup a Treq wouldn't really suit and obviously avoid APM, WTM and the like