The FM 2021 AMC thread

On 10/03/2021 at 21:50, szp said:

In most of my saves I'm using SS-CF/s combination in a 4-4-1-1 formation. Shadow Striker is a pretty demanding role, you need to find a real good player, but if you do, it is very enjoyable to watch. My setup looks like this:

GK/D 

FB/S, CD/D, CD/D, FB/S 

WP/s,CM/D,CM/S,IW/A

SS

CF/S

Same here! I enjoy watching that Shadow Striker performing. Especially when you have fitting/good players in that position.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 horas atrás, halfspace3000 disse:

276227854_Screenshot2021-08-15at11_27_48pm.thumb.png.134f25d8552a39e6f7af7b3de0aee9c8.pngthis how im setting up going into my 3rd season

Owwww, that looks nice. The 4-2-3-1 I have been testing has a traditional winger open on the left and a IF-Su on the right, but my best wide fowards are inside oriented players, so your setting could be a nice alternative for me.  I will test it, thank you for the insight.

32 minutes ago, Tsuru said:

Owwww, that looks nice. The 4-2-3-1 I have been testing has a traditional winger open on the left and a IF-Su on the right, but my best wide fowards are inside oriented players, so your setting could be a nice alternative for me.  I will test it, thank you for the insight.

no prob :)

The Shadow Striker is a pretty damn cool role, I still feel an out & out striker is more effective at goal scoring but it's handy to have a SS tactic under your sleeve for stubborn defences, they cause absolute mayhem at times. So fun to watch with the movement 

Muller.gif

Muller2.gif

Muller3.gif

Muller4.gif

Muller6.gif

1 hora atrás, Johnny Ace disse:

The Shadow Striker is a pretty damn cool role, I still feel an out & out striker is more effective at goal scoring but it's handy to have a SS tactic under your sleeve for stubborn defences, they cause absolute mayhem at times. So fun to watch with the movement 

Muller.gif

Muller2.gif

Muller3.gif

Muller4.gif

Muller6.gif

These all look so nice...

Which striker are you using ahead of the Shadow Striker? A traditional F9?

1 minute ago, Tsuru said:

These all look so nice...

Which striker are you using ahead of the Shadow Striker? A traditional F9?

Thanks man. I was playing Lewandowski as a CF(S) & Muller as the SS(A). 

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

I love how Muller rounds the keeper there too 

@Johnny Ace Is there any chance you can share/post your Bayern tactic please.

I have never been able to get a 4-2-3-1 working effectively. I am 2nd season at the moment with Newcastle and am struggling. Thanks in advance.

Just now, davehanson said:

@Johnny Ace Is there any chance you can share/post your Bayern tactic please.

I have never been able to get a 4-2-3-1 working effectively. I am 2nd season at the moment with Newcastle and am struggling. Thanks in advance.

Sure man, attached

It's not a super tactic & bare in mind I ran it with Bayern 

Positive 4-2-3-1 Wide IF SS(A) - 2021 Aggressive Pass and Move.fmf

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Sure man, attached

It's not a super tactic & bare in mind I ran it with Bayern 

Positive 4-2-3-1 Wide IF SS(A) - 2021 Aggressive Pass and Move.fmf 42.37 kB · 0 downloads

No, thats fine, it just might give me some ideas as I am running out:

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.497c40f3ddec36dc395cf542cf641cc5.png

If anyone has any suggestions? 2nd season. I am struggling to score and struggling to stop conceding to be honest. 

1st season I finished 4th, was hoping to kick on but doesn't look like I will make CL places now.

I do alter for harder games - I drop DL line to normal and take off counter press.

4 minutes ago, davehanson said:

If anyone has any suggestions? 2nd season. I am struggling to score and struggling to stop conceding to be honest. 

1st season I finished 4th, was hoping to kick on but doesn't look like I will make CL places now.

I do alter for harder games - I drop DL line to normal and take off counter press.

Looks overly aggressive on the left flank. I'd drop one of the left flank attack duties to support, and maybe the opposite flanks mirror position move to attack. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, davehanson said:

A few things I don't like there

- the IF(A) and AF(A), I always have one of the other, an IF(A) with a support striker or a IF(S) with a AF(A)/ PF(A)/ P(A). IF(S) supports more and can still score loads

-the WB(A), I find them more attacking than FBs & they like to run on the ball more which can leave you venerable in a 4-2-3-1 

- I'd just add the Counter Press when you think you need it, I just find it disjoints things and just normal pressing works fine 

- BBM's always feel risky for me too

Edited by Johnny Ace

4 minutes ago, 04texag said:

Looks overly aggressive on the left flank. I'd drop one of the left flank attack duties to support, and maybe the opposite flanks mirror position move to attack. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

- the IF(A) and AF(A), I always have one of the other, an IF(A) with a support striker or at IF(S) with a AF(A)/ PF(A)/ P(A). IF(S) supports more and can still score loads

-the WB(A), I find them more attacking than FBs & they like to run on the ball more which can leave you venerable in a 4-2-3-1 

- I'd just add the Counter Press when you think you need it, I just find it disjoints things and just normal pressing works fine 

Thanks.

Going to make smoe adjustments and try it out.

I originally had a DLP(D) and CM(S) in central midfield, but changed to BBM to try and get another person forward - the result of not scoring goals.

1 minute ago, halfspace3000 said:

how effective was Lewandowski , did he bag goals on a support role?

He scored 25, Muller got 19, Sane on the right scored 21. Gnabry I'm not sure because he went to City :D

It does limit him quite a bit, he got 62 in that same tactic with him as an AF(A) & Muller as a Treq(A) & overall the team scored 6 more in the league 

Id love to know how you guys are getting any decent performance from your tactic after the 20 game mark? I always stop scoring, stop creating and start conceding. Im also not getting anything out of my AMC despite playing a remarkably similar formation. 

formation.png

poor.png

It's what I said the other day @danyates8

This sort of set up:

AF(A)

IF(S)        AP(A)       IF(S)

Has all them trying to get in the box with 6+ defenders, it just clogs everything up. I just found it never really worked out 

AF(A)

IF(S)      AP(S)/ T(A)/ Eng(S)     IF(S)

Has the AP(S) in & around the edge of the box looking for the other 3 guys in the box. A Trequartista could literally be anywhere & at times will be in the box but if he's smart enough he'll know he's needed in there. The Enganche, I'm not sure, I find it pretty boring but with the right player it'll work, would be cool to try with a creative veteran 

A page back or so I posted about it & put up some GIFs of it in action.  It worked a lot better & got some amazing end of season figures for the front 3 

Give it a try & see if fares any better :thup:

2 hours ago, davehanson said:

Hi Dave,

I've been having some good success with one that uses some of what @Johnny Acehas said regarding the attacking movement designations and whatnot. I love what I've been seeing. It's solid at the back and scores some goals. I routinely get at least 2 a game and many times can grab 4 or more. I just went 6 games straight without allowing a goal. It's a bit of a simple tactic but it sure does seem to work and I'm pleasantly surprised by it and it plays some beautiful stuff at times. I also think it would fit the players shown in your image despite using different roles. I will try to post an image of it here soon.

Keep in mind that I am not a tactic master by any means. I usually download others but this year I just didn't like how frenetic they all were. I found two that I liked that were simple, played around with them and then decided to basically combine them into one. I kept playing around with it and came across Johnny's thread here and tweaked it some more and I'm really enjoying it. I think it could be gangbusters with some great players across the board. But then again, what do I know. I will try to post it here soon.

The AM(S) is a great role since it is a wildcard role.

The enganche presented by SI is a static playmaking role inspired by Riquelme. But what people tend to forget is the enganche was not always seen as static. Maradona played as an enganche and he was very mobile and capable of dribbling long lengths. So in attempt to recreate a Maradona-like role. I used the AM(S) to make the mobile version of the enganche. The only downside to this is that it is not a ball magnet and won't have the attention it deserves but apart from that it works for now.

@davehanson Here is/are my tactic(s) Dave.  Unfortunately, I do not know how to do pictures like many of you so this is how it's set up.

AF(A)

IW(S)       AP(S)      IW(S)

CM(S)        AP(S)

FB(S)   CD(D)    BPD(CO)   FB(S)

Positive mentality.

In Poss: shorter passing; play out of defense; low crosses; run at defense.

In Transition: take short kicks; counter; counter press.

Out of Poss: higher line of engagement; more urgent; prevent short gk distribution.

That deeper AP on support is absolutely awesome with the right player.  I do play around with the forward position as sometimes I feel a PF on attack is more active. Both AP's just boss things.

In one save, I've gone 6 games without allowing a goal while scoring at the very least 2 goals in all of those 6 games. In another save, I've only allowed 4 goals in 13 games and 2 of those came in one game where I played some youngsters because I didn't really care about it (it was the community shield.)  I also have scored at least 2 goals a game in that save minus one game. 

Like @Johnny Ace said, having some of those guys on attack really clogged things up.  Once I put them on support, everything just swam along beautifully.  My wingers get goals and assists, my forward still seems to be scoring at a clip. That CM will score some worldies if you have a good long shot player there. I'm Arsenal so I have Partey there and he has stepped up big at times.  And again, both APs are amazing. I latched onto this thread bc I felt I could get more out of my AMC and sure enough, once I followed Johnny's advice, he became far more consistent and solid. I'd like to try his suggestions of a Treq or SS but I'm just hesitant at the moment cause I'm enjoying things so far.  I have thought about changing him to an AM(S) but still just hesitant. We'll see. 

I am (hopefully) attaching it below. I have included two that I use most often and one I used to use. You'll notice the subtle difference between them. Aeneas is the one I use most often. Diomedes may be (if I remember correctly) the one that had everyone attacking.  Sarpedon has a lower tempo.  Again though, I'm no tactical expert BY ANY MEANS...I may be the furthest from it actually haha. But I'm loving this one and it's solid while giving me goals and playing some great football. I'm sure with tweaks someone could probably make it much better. Don't mind the names, I'm just a fan of the classical heroes of mythology.  I hope these tactics help and looking at the players you have, I think they could slot right in for the most part but if this doesn't seem to help then I am very sorry for wasting your time. 

Edit: Oh and by the way, I don't run any type of set pieces tactic so you'll have to set that up yourself if you prefer some type of special one.

Diomedes.fmf Aeneas 5 Star.fmf

Sarpedon.fmf

Edited by horned frog 94
Font issue and set piece comment

Just beat City pretty easily, 2-0.  I had more possession than them and more shots. Of the 13 shots we had, 10 were on target.  What shots City had were fairly straight at my keeper. 

I started out using the Sarpedon tactic but we were rather meh so at halftime I switched to Aeneas and also switched my forward to AF and then scored 2 goals within 10 minutes of the tactic switch and closed out the match.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.59.18 PM.png

Edited by horned frog 94

9 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

- the IF(A) and AF(A), I always have one of the other, an IF(A) with a support striker or a IF(S) with a AF(A)/ PF(A)/ P(A). IF(S) supports more and can still score loads

Just thinking about this - especially given your comment re: FM OCD in my West Ham/4-2-3-1 thread...

I'm in agreement with you on the relationship between AF(a) and IF(a) - my instinct tells me that these two players will be looking to attack the same space. However, Dolberg at AML was most successful early in the season playing as IW(a) and I feel that IW(s) and the other side is probably best for Bowen.

I think I read somewhere that IW/IF sit on a continuum from least aggressive/more creative to more aggressive/more focused on scoring, which is a bit like this: -

IW(s) --- IW(a) --- IF(s) --- IF(a)

What's your thoughts on this? I'd like to play the AML as an IF(s) to operate kind of like a DLF but in the left channel, then have the AMR as an IW(a), but my concern is that this will clog up the AM strata and further reduce the effect of the AMC. Something a bit like this: -

AF (a)

IF(s)        AM(s)          IW(a)

DLP(s)    CM(d)

FB(a)  CD(d)  CD(d)   WB(s)

37 minutes ago, Haribo1681 said:

Just thinking about this - especially given your comment re: FM OCD in my West Ham/4-2-3-1 thread...

I'm in agreement with you on the relationship between AF(a) and IF(a) - my instinct tells me that these two players will be looking to attack the same space. However, Dolberg at AML was most successful early in the season playing as IW(a) and I feel that IW(s) and the other side is probably best for Bowen.

I think I read somewhere that IW/IF sit on a continuum from least aggressive/more creative to more aggressive/more focused on scoring, which is a bit like this: -

IW(s) --- IW(a) --- IF(s) --- IF(a)

What's your thoughts on this? I'd like to play the AML as an IF(s) to operate kind of like a DLF but in the left channel, then have the AMR as an IW(a), but my concern is that this will clog up the AM strata and further reduce the effect of the AMC. Something a bit like this: -

AF (a)

IF(s)        AM(s)          IW(a)

DLP(s)    CM(d)

FB(a)  CD(d)  CD(d)   WB(s)

Yeah IF(A) & AF(A) just feels like I'm playing two number 9s & I'd never have two AFs(A) in a 4-4-2 so it just never feels right to me. I always like to think of it as needing a 9 & 10 up top in any formation

That top set-up looks good to me, I honestly don't think I've ever used a IW(A) so it's worth trying & watching for what's working or not working. I've used IWs(S) & they move quite laterally  so he should run a bit more direct. The player's are quite smart & won't pile up on top of each other, if Bowen cuts into the centre the AM(S) will look for space. Should be interesting so worth a go   

5 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah IF(A) & AF(A) just feels like I'm playing two number 9s & I'd never have two AFs(A) in a 4-4-2 so it just never feels right to me. I always like to think of it as needing a 9 & 10 up top in any formation

That top set-up looks good to me, I honestly don't think I've ever used a IW(A) so it's worth trying & watching for what's working or not working. I've used IWs(S) & they move quite laterally  so he should run a bit more direct. The player's are quite smart & won't pile up on top of each other, if Bowen cuts into the centre the AM(S) will look for space. Should be interesting so worth a go   

Thanks! The No9/No10 concept makes sense to me too, especially given the attributes of the players involved. I want to keep Dembele as the main goalscorer, then Dolberg as a secondary scorer, with Zaniolo as the wildcard and Bowen there to mainly create and link with midfield but sometimes score (so IW(s) might make more sense).

Anyway - as with all things, test and learn.

And back to the discussion around the AM role...

Edited by Haribo1681

@horned frog 94I love how you give your tactics exotic names & mine are just "Positive 4-2-3-1 SS(S)" :D

I like how you've been brave there with two CMs on Support. It's like a rule in FM that one CM must be on defend. I don't find that the case at all, like I just said, players are smart, they don't both bomb together forward, one always hangs back & your FBs aren't crazy adventurous so it's a pretty safe setup

In my long term FM save down in the lower leagues, I play a 4-4-2 like:

AF(A)        PF(S)

W(S)     CM(S)       CM(S)      W(A)

FB(S)   CD(D)        CD(D)       FB(S)

There are a few more setups that have a CM(D) but that's the one I use most because both my centre midfielders are pretty sound defensively, work hard & are aggressive along with the team's core DNA. Now, if I had two Paul Scholes's in there, that would be a terrible idea :D  

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Haribo1681 said:

Thanks! The No9/No10 concept makes sense to me too, especially given the attributes of the players involved. I want to keep Dembele as the main goalscorer, then Dolberg as a secondary scorer, with Zaniolo as the wildcard and Bowen there to mainly create and link with midfield but sometimes score (so IW(s) might make more sense).

Anyway - as with all things, test and learn.

And back to the discussion around the AM role...

It's fine mate, the more discussion the better. The more ideas & setups flying around the better. I'd love to see more GIFs on here of AMCs in action :D

Try it out & let us know how it goes :thup:

This might be waffle be, but anyway. In FM20 I did a long 4-2-3-1 save, once I got to the Championship I signed a new left IF(S) that looked the absolute part. As with all my previous lesser skilled IFs I wanted a creator/ scorer hybrid. He needed to run on ball, cut in, get into the box, give back lines a headache, look for the other 3 up there & get on the end of things. The guy I brought in looked amazing & I ran the season.

The previous IFs in the lower league had been getting 10 - 15+ goals a season in the same tactic, they'd done what I wanted but this guy got like 4 goals all season. His assists weren't bad but I wasn't getting the output from him I wanted. He was fast, could dribble, could handle himself on the ball, had the decisions, passing, vision etc but the one thing he lacked was Composure. It was 6, then another FM shaped light bulb pinged above my fat head. This guy was terrible under pressure! Then I watched a few more games back again & I could see it in action, he'd get himself into position & get all flustered, smashing a shot wide, over running, over hitting passes

It was like the years of reading on here, tactical gurus banging on about how attributes are pretty important finally sank in. The next season I searched again for a replacement, got my 15 goal man & got promoted

Similar to what I said above, the two CMs in a 4-2-3-1 need to be solid, the role you give them is important but the attributes, PPM's & personality are more important to me. Like, I don't want a 4 star 5' 6 technical lightweight in there, I want a 3 star 6' guy who grafts, can handle himself & can defend regardless of whether he's a CM(D) or CM(S) 

So, the gyst of all this, just have a good hard look at your players attributes & PPMs to make sure they can do the things you want them to. Like I don't know Dolberg at all, he should be able to do as you want just fine  

Anyway, I really want to try a narrow set up, like:

PF(S)            AF(A)  

AP(A)

CAR(S)        CM(D)       CAR(S)

WB(S)           CD(D)            CD(D)        FB(A)

I tried it in a preseason & the Carrilero's kept getting into the box, probably because of the lack of wide attackers so I'll play around with it  

Edited by Johnny Ace

4 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

It's fine mate, the more discussion the better. The more ideas & setups flying around the better. I'd love to see more GIFs on here of AMCs in action :D

Try it out & let us know how it goes :thup:

This might be waffle be, but anyway. In FM20 I did a long 4-2-3-1 save, once I got to the Championship I signed a new left IF(S) that looked the absolute part. As with all my previous lesser skilled IFs I wanted a creator/ scorer hybrid. He needed to run on ball, cut in, get into the box, give back lines a headache, look for the other 3 up there & get on the end of things. The guy I brought in looked amazing & I ran the season.

The previous IFs in the lower league had been getting 10 - 15+ goals a season in the same tactic, they'd done what I wanted but this guy got like 4 goals all season. His assists weren't bad but I wasn't getting the output from him I wanted. He was fast, could dribble, could handle himself on the ball, had the decisions, passing, vision etc but the one thing he lacked was Composure. It was 6, then another FM shaped light bulb pinged above my fat head. This guy was terrible under pressure! Then I watched a few more games back again & I could see it in action, he'd get himself into position & get all flustered, smashing a shot wide, over running, over hitting passes

It was like the years of reading on here, tactical gurus banging on about how attributes are pretty important finally sank in. The next season I searched again for a replacement, got my 15 goal man & got promoted

Similar to what I said above, the two CMs in a 4-2-3-1 need to be solid, the role you give them is important but the attributes, PPM's & personality are more important to me. Like, I don't want a 4 star 5' 6 technical lightweight in there, I want a 3 star 6' guy who grafts, can handle himself & can defend regardless of whether he's a CM(D) or CM(S) 

So, the gyst of all this, just have a good hard look at your players attributes & PPMs to make sure they can do the things you want them to. Like I don't know Dolberg at all, he should be able to do as you wnat just fine  

I've definitely experienced this kind of lightbulb moment in my most recent FM games. I had a long term save in FM20 playing as Borussia Dortmund and got so frustrated that I was winning almost everything all the time, but not playing anything like the football I wanted.

Playing FM21 Touch on iPad, I spent time looking at players' attributes to make sure I had players capable of what was being asked of them. This then led me to see that players aren't all robots - they will interpret roles (and duties) in individual ways, so a pacy, right-footed AMR playing as a winger will do the job very differently to a technical left footer, so you shouldn't expect them to do the same job in the same way.

7 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

@horned frog 94I love how you give your tactics exotic names & mine are just "Positive 4-2-3-1 SS(S)" :D

I like how you've been brave there with two CMs on Support. It's like a rule in FM that one CM must be on defend. I don't find that the case at all, like I just said, players are smart, they don't both bomb together forward, one always hangs back & your FBs aren't crazy adventurous so it's a pretty safe setup

In my long term FM save down in the lower leagues, I play a 4-4-2 like:

AF(A)        PF(S)

W(S)     CM(S)       CM(S)      W(A)

FB(S)   CD(D)        CD(D)       FB(S)

There are a few more setups that have a CM(D) but that's the one I use most because both my centre midfielders are pretty sound defensively, work hard & are aggressive along with the team's core DNA. Now, if I had two Paul Scholes's in there, that would be a terrible idea :D  

Ha, I do get a bit embarrassed by the names but then I see some of Knapp's stuff like PositiveZaneBlueAngel 433xyz1 and I think fine, I'll just name mine after cool figures.  Yours works better and is more organized and I should probably do it that way. :ackter:

Right?! I was a bit worried to have both CM's on support and playing with 2 APs as well but surprisingly, it's been very solid. They don't bomb forward like you said and seem to play very well with each other. And yeah, I'm not crazy adventurous and prefer things pretty safe haha so you nailed it. 

Annnd to take it back to the point of the thread, like you said, sometimes my AMC doesn't look like he's playing well or getting the best ratings (not often but it does happen as against City in that game above actually) but he's still pushing at times and finding space and holding possession.  I've toyed with the idea of putting him on attack as well but just haven't...I'm risk averse more times than not ha. 

I like that 4-4-2....may have to try it as I do like 2 forward systems. Would love to see those two CMs in action with those roles and the players around them. I bet it's nice to watch.  Great thread Johnny Ace and thanks for helping me with my tactic before you knew you actually did :D

7 hours ago, Haribo1681 said:

I've definitely experienced this kind of lightbulb moment in my most recent FM games. I had a long term save in FM20 playing as Borussia Dortmund and got so frustrated that I was winning almost everything all the time, but not playing anything like the football I wanted.

Playing FM21 Touch on iPad, I spent time looking at players' attributes to make sure I had players capable of what was being asked of them. This then led me to see that players aren't all robots - they will interpret roles (and duties) in individual ways, so a pacy, right-footed AMR playing as a winger will do the job very differently to a technical left footer, so you shouldn't expect them to do the same job in the same way.

Completely agree. In my current save with Arsenal, I'm running the system above and Saka and Pepe are both injured (naturally) so I threw in Odegaard on the right side as a IW.  He's been a revelation. It's crazy how different he plays that position compared to the other two. I'm reluctant to move him from it now despite it not being his best position and role even when the other guys get healthy. 

1 minute ago, De Nile said:

Just a quick question if you had a good playmaker and he had great long shots, what role would you give?

To be honest, I'd train him with the Shoots from Distance PPM then you can give him whatever role fits in with the tactic & not have to worry about him restraining from shooting

18 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

To be honest, I'd train him with the Shoots from Distance PPM then you can give him whatever role fits in with the tactic & not have to worry about him restraining from shooting

Traits are so painfully slow but that was a smart answer even though that was not what I was looking for.

1 minute ago, De Nile said:

Traits are so painfully slow but that was a smart answer even though that was not what I was looking for.

I don't know your system so it's impossible to say. On page one is was using Hakan Calhanoglu as an AM(A) & asking to shoot more because of how good he was at long shots & finishing because he fit with Ibra as DLF(S) 

11 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I don't know your system so it's impossible to say. On page one is was using Hakan Calhanoglu as an AM(A) & asking to shoot more because of how good he was at long shots & finishing because he fit with Ibra as DLF(S) 

No I'm not taking anything away from your original comment; it was a good answer.

I was just thinking about the advanced playmaker and it's hardcorded shoot less, since the AM roles, although they are great they aren't really playmakers.

That being said from experience have you ever recalled your advanced  playmaker taking risks e.g. dribbling past a whole team and scoring or scoring from 30 yards.

Just now, De Nile said:

No I'm not taking anything away from your original comment; it was a good answer.

I was just thinking about the advanced playmaker and it's hardcorded shoot less, since the AM roles, although they are great they aren't really playmakers.

That being said from experience have you ever recalled your advanced  playmaker taking risks e.g. dribbling past a whole team and scoring or scoring from 30 yards.

Can't say I have 

They've made runs with the ball from deep on a counter but then fed it forward to a striker 

That's what I was thinking about the PPM, override the hardcoded lock out. Like I've had Bruno as an AP(A) & he was phenomenal because of it 

I always want to have the PM tag on my AMC too, I'm not keen on the Attacking Midfielder roles, the one bonus they have is how customisable they are  

4 minutes ago, De Nile said:

I forgot to add my system doesn't require a Treq.

I was going to say a Treq but weren't sure if it fit of the player was up to it 

Posted (edited)

Trying out a narrow shape tonight

It fared well, really well 

Liverpool.thumb.png.967fd26241f32a5f3893a77f09bb9c81.png

But I wasn't happy, it didn't play out like I thought it would. Trent & Robbo ran the show for creation, most goals seemed to involve one of those two. Ball out to them, ball into the box, Salah, goal. I want ball from the back, find Bobby, find Salah, goal. Didn't happen enough 

tactic.thumb.png.7f306fb085f8a4c39e8a433ec3cacbde.png

As you can see, his average rating was the lowest out of the main squad, quite often he's get a 6.70 & be hauled off for Curtis Jones. Some games we scored 6 or more & he'd be involved in none of them

Bobby.thumb.png.455a7cb7dfc92c9b824859e3d3415206.png

In nearly 60 games over the season, I thought his output was pretty poor for how good he is & how good the team is which is what the AMC frustration is with this game. It's easy to get performances out of other roles without even trying but the AMC you have to jump through hoops to get anything near decent numbers

Bobby.png.e4e26a4b60a7d2294e60bc58d6d12798.png

I'll add a few GIFs but it's nothing exciting 

ETA: Holy heck!! Only just noticed VVD on 16 goals, gotta love those near post corners!! :lol:

Edited by Johnny Ace

Nice assist from Bobby, this is the sort of thing I was aiming for 

Bobby.gif.72e7ca14d4dcee2963e7af25bd5490fd.gif

I thought Mane was selfish here & should've passed to Bobby first time & Bobby was nice enough to put it on a plate for him 

Bobby2.gif.4aeb2b1f74eacba319f97cc18af04046.gif

Here's the front 3 giving Brighton problems & was a very typical goal 

Bobby3.gif.790c096b8f2b119c8d7808012439a572.gif

Lovely through ball

Bobby4.gif.5313ea41dd3c6d202b09f30de6ecad1c.gif

On the break for some classic Salah 

Bobby5.gif.f9782f7d318c3b99c2134fd8eaffbde9.gif

Out wide into the centre & that was about it for highlights for him

Bobby6.gif.1b960e6857c688c115b4f1c599a314a3.gif

I've got a couple of other ideas I want to try out but I think the fullbacks will dominate every time unless I want to nerf the tactic & finish mid-table :D

Wow good explanation about AP's your earlier comment about player traits now makes sense. My inspiration for the AP came from this blog.

In essence it's about recreating the fantatsista and making a playmaker which drops deep to help with play but will go on beautiful runs and has the freedom to pass or score when he wants.

My AMC is doing nothing whatever the role even after changing to the reccomended support role. Ozil should be absolutley perfect for how im trying to play it and the results are nothing short of shambolic. 2 assists against an awful Europa league team. As you can see from the negatives on the below pic the tactic is having issues scoring goals. Im at a loss to get consistent results lasting longer than 20 games. 

4231 (2).png

ozil (2).png

6 hours ago, danyates8 said:

My AMC is doing nothing whatever the role even after changing to the reccomended support role. Ozil should be absolutley perfect for how im trying to play it and the results are nothing short of shambolic. 2 assists against an awful Europa league team. As you can see from the negatives on the below pic the tactic is having issues scoring goals. Im at a loss to get consistent results lasting longer than 20 games. 

You can try him on Attack there, because you have your left winger out wide you can afford to get Ozil into the box. If Ferdi was an Inverted Winger then I'd have Ozil as an AP(S)  

38 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

You can try him on Attack there, because you have your left winger out wide you can afford to get Ozil into the box. If Ferdi was an Inverted Winger then I'd have Ozil as an AP(S)  

What's your thoughts on AM(a) or AP(a) (or even T(a)) behind an AF(a)? I've always been of a mindset that you shouldn't have two attack duties stacked on top of either like that, but I've seen it a couple of times in this thread and thought it was interesting.

In theory, I like it - having the AM on a very attacking individual mentality and looking to attack the space created by the AF(a) pushing the defence back, but does it contradict some unwritten rule?

2 minutes ago, Haribo1681 said:

What's your thoughts on AM(a) or AP(a) (or even T(a)) behind an AF(a)? I've always been of a mindset that you shouldn't have two attack duties stacked on top of either like that, but I've seen it a couple of times in this thread and thought it was interesting.

In theory, I like it - having the AM on a very attacking individual mentality and looking to attack the space created by the AF(a) pushing the defence back, but does it contradict some unwritten rule?

Depends on the wide men for me but certainly worth a try, nothing wrong with. Like I said with a Winger & IF I like to use a Treq(A) or AP(A) to get an extra body in the box. Haven't really tried it with an AM(A) so let us know what you find out :thup: