Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in the Congo!

ToMexico!!

14 minutes ago, himan said:

Haven't you qualified for the club world cup yet?

Annoyingly no! 

I think its bugged because TP Mazembe, Sundowns, Orlando Pirates, even CARA Brazzaville have all qualified in the recent tournaments whereas we haven't despite our dominance on the continental front. 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Touted - April 2048

Junior Moukouko has really started to step up in his new role of advanced playmaker in central midfield, so much so he's been 2cef83c31c3092382e24f7054eb74a80.png which could be rather wide of the mark but nevertheless its a comparison drawn upon his performances on the pitch. I'm hoping he switches allegiances soon from France (in which he doesn't have any appearances at junior level) to Congo where he can become the mainstay in the centre of the pitch for years to come. 

I fully expect him to kick on next season with a better return in terms of goals and assists, so far this season he has 8 goals and 14 assists in 22 games. 

Poached - May 2048

8b1301163ada5282f23865fec1699dde.png

I'm happy to see the poaching continue, it tells me the club is doing something right. Yes, we don't get the player for ourselves but there's always a chance to bring them home later down the line. Would be nice to see another Ayessa in ability but we can't grumble too much. 

4bbf38a5ebd6521d55ed4c3bfce1949d.png

Bi-Seasonal Review - June 2048

We continued our domestic dominances over the past two seasons winning titles number 25 and 26. This season we beat our goal scoring record with 186 goals, we really slowed down the scoring rate in the 2nd half of the season as the rate of games increased. We won a 15th Congolese Cup in a row last season but bowed out in the quarter finals to CARA Brazzaville in humiliating fashion as we had around 80% of the first team away on international duty. 

We won a further two Champions League titles beating DR Congo clubs TP Mazembe and Vita Club back-to-back. Our achievements in Africa have seen the league rise up to 4th in the rankings, DR Congo are now first. 

Bamba has continued to dominate the goalscoring charts with 80 last season and 68 this season, he is just seven goals shy of 600 career goals at the age of 25. He has 3 years + 3 year option left on his contract so 1000 goals is a clear goal. South African international Mathosi achieved 66 goals this season, whilst Amponsah scored another 36 as he enters his 30's. Czech internatioanl Svoboda made 37 assists and also scored 28 goals from his 35 (5) appearances from central midfield. Junior Moukouko finished the season with double figures for goals and 20 assists in a debut season with the club. 

We spent £1.9m on transfers and raked in the same amount to break even on that front, clauses topped the income up to £4.3m from player sales but the expenditure far outweighed the income this season. We made further improvements to the facilities with the training improvements costing just shy of £3m. 

d747722ca05957f3cc5e797c04d186bd.png

Transfers - Oct 2048

We go into the new season with just one new player in the squad. 

1674dcd276183fd84cc9935c9057dbab.png

Chancel finally arrived nearly two years after I agreed to sign him from Bordeaux, the young striker will initially be back up but will eventually replace Amponsah in the starting line up. 

I sold two forwards to push him further up the pecking order to help ensure he gets the game time he needs. 

1bedf7fca1111e662e07fc682db569e6.png

Nesbert hops across the border to TP Mazembe and to link up with my old striker Matete, the Zimbabwe international had improved tremendously since joining. The other striker to leave was Swiss national Bernhard Stevanovic, he found game time hard to come by and when Wil came in with £350k after I offered him off he went. 

With those two leaving and Mathosi, Laffor and both centre backs gaining Congolese nationality through residency we now only have 2 foreign players in the squad. So with that I decided to make some agreements for three players to arrive in January. 

Alejandro Garcia, Max and Gabriel Alonso will all arrive from South America. 

7 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Do the stars work differently for poached players? I never see anyone with 4 or 5 gold stars, and even the ones with 2 or 3 go on to be quite good.

I think someone mentioned every half star is 10 CA/PA but I'm not honestly sure. I've never since a 4/5 star potential player either since its implementation. Ayessa who had 3 Gold stars for PA turned into a pretty good player, good enough to play for Barcelona! 

12 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

I think someone mentioned every half star is 10 CA/PA but I'm not honestly sure. I've never since a 4/5 star potential player either since its implementation. Ayessa who had 3 Gold stars for PA turned into a pretty good player, good enough to play for Barcelona! 

Exactly my point... I have never seen more than a 2.5 star poached player personally, and the only time I saw a 3 star one was yours.

It seems like 2.5-3 stars for poached is almost equivalent to 4.5-5 stars otherwise.

Transfers - Oct 2049

We start the new season with just one new signing for the squad. My question is; Have you ever seen a Scotsman in the Congo? 

f334fd38ca76a346e03f8e8bc79aa0bd.png

Mark Anderson joins from Rangers on a free transfer to add more depth to the defence, he is predominantly a centre back but can play right back too.

Major Sale - Jan 2050

855fe5f14128fdfb2ea35f0d8312d01c.png

Well, in terms of what it can be not the initial money we receive. He had 18 months left on his contract but wanted to leave and wouldn't sign a new one. We get £3.5m initially but have that 50% profit clause inserted. Gabriel immediately popped to being a wonderkid and his value skyrocketed to £27m. Norwich have become a bit of a yo-yo side from Premiership to Championship and back again so I can see them going down and him moving on for a tidy profit or if they stay up him being signed by a bigger PL side. 

0b00cb157bbdeeec973afbee177f80df.png

16 minutes ago, GreenTriangle said:

It is possible to post screenshots with the reputation of the club compared to the main African clubs, respectively with the reputation of the Congolese league compared to the main African leagues ?

Yep sure! 

fdf62d042301e2b9ee9bc3dc701c7311.png

dc9e8578044a8434b083e84328f94995.png

61ca4aee71e0c2762b0691f7d42d3efc.png

Bi-Seasonal Update - June 2050

We continued our dominance in the league with another two comfortable titles with both seasons finishing without having dropped any points. We dipped in goal scoring form in the prior season scoring just 152 goals but we made up for it slightly having just scored 171 goals in this season. 

League Tables - 2048/49 | 2049/50

We beat Tourbillon in the final of the Congolese Cup in the 2048/49 season but they got one over on us just a season later as they beat us in the semi-finals. Unfortunately, even postponing the match due to international call-ups moved it into another call up window and we were without around 15 first team players. 

We won the Champions League in both seasons, beating TP Mazembe on both occasions. We beat them 4-2 in the 2048/49 season and romped them 6-0 in the 2049/50 final

Niava Hermann Bamba is just incredible, scoring just 52 goals last season (which was still top scorer) he put his mini slump to bed with 86 goals this season to beat his own record of 85 goals in a season. He has now scored 505 league goals in 238 games and has 731 goals overall for the club in 428 games. I've just triggered his contract extension which keeps him at the club until 2054, at 27 years old he is very much in his prime so he should be able to hit 1000 goals for the club within his contract expiry date, unless I can get him to sign a new one. Vladimir Svoboda is continuing his red hot form in front of goal, either by scoring (25 goals this season) or creating (41 assists this season), he's just signed a new deal which will also keep him here until 2054. Stalwart striker Richard Amponsah is ageing like a fine wine, another 41 goals and 20 assists this season, he now has 411 goals in 339 league appearances and 648 goals in 612 appearances overall for the club.

Financially the club has taken a massive hit over the past few seasons, I've been able to keep most of my better players at the club/not had ridiculous offers from China for average players. I've been able to cherry pick deals to sell players knowing the clauses down the line will pay dividend. We've also spent £8.5m on further training ground and youth facility improvements, that should see them both become State of the Art. Whilst our current youth setup is costing us £4m a season, although we can afford we're not seeing the return on the players coming through. 

c48e6041c2eb34ee810249b45e19d6f2.png

b7fb0cb1e4e82172a30ab267688ea3f0.png 

Clause Sale - June 2050

8048f1e2486ebf216e0acb51ec50202a.png

The Delmar clause has come up trumps, we've raked in £17m from an initial £1.5m sale. He's only made 23 appearances since joining Porto and is currently unhappy, I can see him leaving in a cut price deal, with the clause sale we receive just under his £19m valuation. 

6fa60d9e20939d1e4b978a4b4c2adfe6.png

7 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've never played a long-term save in Africa, but will have a look at yours and see if it can inspire me. :thup:

Just getting started now. 

Where are you starting if you don't mind me asking. Good luck. 

4 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Clause Sale - June 2050

8048f1e2486ebf216e0acb51ec50202a.png

The Delmar clause has come up trumps, we've raked in £17m from an initial £1.5m sale. He's only made 23 appearances since joining Porto and is currently unhappy, I can see him leaving in a cut price deal, with the clause sale we receive just under his £19m valuation. 

6fa60d9e20939d1e4b978a4b4c2adfe6.png

You got to love the big fees you are getting from these add ons @ToMexico!!

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've never played a long-term save in Africa, but will have a look at yours and see if it can inspire me. :thup:

Just getting started now. 

:thup:

I really enjoy it despite how easy it can become! The scouting, the poaching, the attacking formations, the goals, the sales, the clauses. It just draws me back every edition. 

7 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

:thup:

I really enjoy it despite how easy it can become! The scouting, the poaching, the attacking formations, the goals, the sales, the clauses. It just draws me back every edition. 

I do like small Nations and the only thing that has put me off in the past has been the fact that there is only 1 African structure in the original database and I'm not overly keen on edited databases. As they have become more stable though and I'm using an edited database in my Scandi-save, I think I might broaden my horizons in future. :thup:

On 21/02/2021 at 08:18, ToMexico!! said:

10497465ab17c3a27f637f06ed394385.png

On 22/02/2021 at 14:52, ToMexico!! said:

1310a990b573607433af00453fb2c56d.png

I really like the way you represent this info. The blocks for CA/PA of poached players is brilliant and I like that player sales is such a vital component of this save that you are tracking the fees. Brilliant stuff. :applause:

I know this is only page 1 of 6, but if you haven't done it so far, perhaps you could include what the % sell on fee is in an additional column? (I'm hoping that you already have). 

Loving the players being poached and sold by the way. Lovely little extra features to follow in your thread. :thup:

On 01/03/2021 at 14:12, Cheez3y said:

I know its the main thing of this save, sign young or develop academy players and improve the club and the country.

But my boiling point is pretty low on the board accepting bids.

After losing 3 players in roughly one month, because of that, Im would take a break or I might do something stupid. :lol:

But atleast the deals are somewhere good, always with a % clause.

I think it depends on your outlook. @ToMexico!!knows it's going to be a feature of this save and let's be honest, he's absolutely hammering it domestically so it keeps the interest going. Had all these players not been poached then he might have lost interest now. I love it as a feature even though I appreciate that it can be frustrating. I would just like to get to the stage where my club starts poaching players rather than being poached. Because of the way we play though, that's probably unlikely. :lol:

On 03/03/2021 at 09:26, ToMexico!! said:

Urgh - Jan 2036

I spoke too soon, this board clearly have large personal debts they're using the club to pay off. £18.7m in the bank now and they rejected my advances to improve the facilities. #fishy

4a42f62dab64ca60d7602b9e929e0298.png

56c1a525fb5670d70f4010e2ccde3f87.png

I know it's way too late, but more important than money is having "develop youth players" as part of the vision. 

In fairness, if you're the board at this club in real life, there is no reason to upgrade the facilities because you are romping domestic competition and the current strategy is working a treat. :(

On 17/03/2021 at 08:26, ToMexico!! said:

Big Offer - Feb 2044

a678936598520c5bdfab3de39758f7f9.png

I'm still going to reject this, he doesn't want to go to China anyway. 

I completely get this. 

If I was you I would be boycotting the Chinese now and only look to sell to Europe. You don't need the cash and Europe will be better for player development in the main. 

5 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Facilities - July 2050

3b759c2f7a65d294ef26e959b429b8dd.png

So after 30 years the facilities have finally been maxed out. 

Although they seem to be trying to improve the training facilities furthermore. 

49228ecd3d48873034e84f0c060e62fc.png

Perfect timing. :applause:

I was about to ask you for an update on this. 

Just read this whole thread and it really is fantastic. Well done. :applause:I love the features following poached players and tracking sell-on clauses. :thup:

Apologies to @rodesire I responded to his question about the PA of poached players and in hindsight I think he's right and I'm wrong. Apologies. 

Would you mind posting your average attendances when you get a chance please? 

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I really like the way you represent this info. The blocks for CA/PA of poached players is brilliant and I like that player sales is such a vital component of this save that you are tracking the fees. Brilliant stuff. :applause:

I know this is only page 1 of 6, but if you haven't done it so far, perhaps you could include what the % sell on fee is in an additional column? (I'm hoping that you already have). 

Loving the players being poached and sold by the way. Lovely little extra features to follow in your thread. :thup:

I have put the sell on fee in the same column as clause sold for as I feel like it was the same thing in the grander scheme of things. I like seeing where I got a player from, where he's got to and then beyond that. Its the same with staff leaving for greater things and then where they go from there. 

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I think it depends on your outlook. @ToMexico!!knows it's going to be a feature of this save and let's be honest, he's absolutely hammering it domestically so it keeps the interest going. Had all these players not been poached then he might have lost interest now. I love it as a feature even though I appreciate that it can be frustrating. I would just like to get to the stage where my club starts poaching players rather than being poached. Because of the way we play though, that's probably unlikely. :lol:

As much as losing so many players is infuriating, in real life I would hazard a guess that I would be losing every single player where a club in a more reputable position/in Europe when they bid for them. Poaching is a fantastic feature because it happens in real life so why not implement it in FM. 

I know it's way too late, but more important than money is having "develop youth players" as part of the vision. 

In fairness, if you're the board at this club in real life, there is no reason to upgrade the facilities because you are romping domestic competition and the current strategy is working a treat. :(

At that time the board were horrible little bastards, probably around every 4th asking for an upgrade was granted and then that was a battle. Maybe there could be an addition in the game like; "if we receive X amount from transfers, the board will agree to upgrade facilities as it will cost Y amount"

It's different at each club. It's relative to your own 1st team best players in a similar position I think. 140 for you might be 120 elsewhere. 

To be honest, I haven't invested any time in looking into what the stars mean, just from what has been said in here and other threads. I guess that theory works as we're pretty stacked now and the last few "poachings" have been rather poor. Intakes have been rather poor recently too, last three have had no green lines on the preview. 

55 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I completely get this. 

If I was you I would be boycotting the Chinese now and only look to sell to Europe. You don't need the cash and Europe will be better for player development in the main. 

At that stage the board had stopped selling players over my head so I was reluctant to sell anyway, what a career he has had with us since then. 

51 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Perfect timing. :applause:

I was about to ask you for an update on this. 

I've been a bit lacking in updating this area probably due to it taking so damn long despite the money we had.  

48 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Just read this whole thread and it really is fantastic. Well done. :applause:I love the features following poached players and tracking sell-on clauses. :thup:

Apologies to @rodesire I responded to his question about the PA of poached players and in hindsight I think he's right and I'm wrong. Apologies. 

Would you mind posting your average attendances when you get a chance please? 

Thank you very much! Came back home to see 42 notifications :lol: was thinking what the hell :D I'm loving my time in the Congo so I will be carrying on for another couple of decades at least. 

48beb2e7bfa53cdd0a38af0698380b80.png

We have a 33000 capacity stadium that we share with a lot of other teams.  

Transfers Update - Sept 2051

We've made four signings in the past 9 months, lets take a look. 

663d1c09e6ae23d29c67bf433ba41043.png

22ec454b739447d5143fc3407589b45c.png

Osvaldo Pastrana is my Gabriel Afonso replacement, he joins for £1.2m rising to £1.6m and looks the part, the Colombian international is wanted by Norwich at the moment. Kirk Clegg probably wasn't needed but how could I turn down, the attacking midfielder will retrain to central midfield as an advanced playmaker. Warren Hamunyela is a cheap 5th choice striker to appease the players concerns of the lack of depth up front. Czech youngster Roman Filip is a cheap left back option to add some depth and stop us using Max there who is right-footed.

Crazy stuff, I like that you are buying players from all over the world now. Where had you got Guilherme from?

And how does that stadium share work :lol: surely a bug.

I found a really good Brazilian/ Congolese player in my game btw.

On 26/03/2021 at 21:29, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's different at each club. It's relative to your own 1st team best players in a similar position I think. 140 for you might be 120 elsewhere. 

My question on this was whether it works differently for poached players compared to the ones that come through the set-up.

I have never seen a more than 2-3 gold star poached player, but some of them go on to become quite good. Whereas with youth that actually comes through, 2 stars is usually pretty average, and there is always someone 4-5 stars too.

21 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Crazy stuff, I like that you are buying players from all over the world now. Where had you got Guilherme from?

And how does that stadium share work :lol: surely a bug.

I found a really good Brazilian/ Congolese player in my game btw.

I got Guilherme from Brazil for £11k which was his release clause. One of my best, scouting/signing/selling moments in FM I think. 

We're at a point where I can attract some good youngsters from across the world but I have also missed out on some worldies from the likes of Peru and Australia. 

I don't honestly know how it the ground share works, must be a game like everyday there. 

5 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

I got Guilherme from Brazil for £11k which was his release clause. One of my best, scouting/signing/selling moments in FM I think. 

We're at a point where I can attract some good youngsters from across the world but I have also missed out on some worldies from the likes of Peru and Australia. 

I don't honestly know how it the ground share works, must be a game like everyday there. 

Well you can't have them all! I just let go of the chance to get a really promising 17 year old Egyptian winger because I already have two good players for that position.

11k for him is insane :eek:

Player Sale - Jan 2052

eb04bc6433193a2ff37a86d0557ac3ab.png

Just over a year after signing, we sell Osvaldo Pastrana to Premier League side West Brom, much like Afonso (to Norwich) before him, I'm looking to utilise a lower league team with the view of being a big fish in a small pond and them selling him on to another PL side. He's only worth £10m upon signing but he's only 19 and has plenty of time to develop further, increase in value and move on. 

10 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

My question on this was whether it works differently for poached players compared to the ones that come through the set-up.

I have never seen a more than 2-3 gold star poached player, but some of them go on to become quite good. Whereas with youth that actually comes through, 2 stars is usually pretty average, and there is always someone 4-5 stars too.

Yes it does and whoever gave the answer that I initially disagreed with, had it right and I was wrong. 

There are 5 silver stars and 5 gold stars, (or 10 half silver stars and 10 half gold stars). 

We know that the max PA for a player is 200, (or possibly 199), but I think 200. 

200 divided by 20 levels for grading would suggest the following. 

When I was playing in Wales and then England in FM20, I think this is what I came up with a rough guess based on theory and very general player info. 

1-10. 0.5 silver stars. 
11-20 1.0 silver stars.
21-30 1.5 silver stars. 
31-40 2.0 silver stars. 
41-50 2.5 silver stars. 
51-60 3.0 silver stars.
61-70 3.5 silver stars. 
71-80 4.0 silver stars. 
81-90 4.5 silver stars.
91-100 5.0 silver stars. 
101-110 0.5 gold stars. 
111-120 1.0 gold stars. 
121-130 1.5 gold stars. 
131-140 2.0 gold stars. 
141-150 2.5 gold stars. 
151-160 3.0 gold stars. 
161-170 3.5 gold stars. 
171-180 4.0 gold stars.
181-190 4.5 gold stars. 
191-200 5.0 gold stars. 

What someone found, (can't remember who it was though sorry, but it might have been @Rikulec), was that I always seemed to be 1 level out so if I had a 0.5 gold stars player, while I expected him to be 101-110 PA, he was actually going to be the next level in terms of PA, (so 11-120). 

WI can't remember if we worked out how we thought this worked, but the fact remained that there seemed to be a divergence between what the "theory" was, and how it worked in practice. I can't tell you why, but I can tell you that using the above chart and then moving up to the next level, (or downwards on the actual chart physically), seemed to be accurate in 100% of cases that we checked. 

In answer to your original question, this is very different to how players are judged on Youth Intake Day which is against the CA of the best players currently at your club. 

Hope that helps. :thup:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yes it does and whoever gave the answer that I initially disagreed with, had it right and I was wrong. 

There are 5 silver stars and 5 gold stars, (or 10 half silver stars and 10 half gold stars). 

We know that the max PA for a player is 200, (or possibly 199), but I think 200. 

200 divided by 20 levels for grading would suggest the following. 

When I was playing in Wales and then England in FM20, I think this is what I came up with a rough guess based on theory and very general player info. 

1-10. 0.5 silver stars. 
11-20 1.0 silver stars.
21-30 1.5 silver stars. 
31-40 2.0 silver stars. 
41-50 2.5 silver stars. 
51-60 3.0 silver stars.
61-70 3.5 silver stars. 
71-80 4.0 silver stars. 
81-90 4.5 silver stars.
91-100 5.0 silver stars. 
101-110 0.5 gold stars. 
111-120 1.0 gold stars. 
121-130 1.5 gold stars. 
131-140 2.0 gold stars. 
141-150 2.5 gold stars. 
151-160 3.0 gold stars. 
161-170 3.5 gold stars. 
171-180 4.0 gold stars.
181-190 4.5 gold stars. 
191-200 5.0 gold stars. 

What someone found, (can't remember who it was though sorry, but it might have been @Rikulec), was that I always seemed to be 1 level out so if I had a 0.5 gold stars player, while I expected him to be 101-110 PA, he was actually going to be the next level in terms of PA, (so 11-120). 

WI can't remember if we worked out how we thought this worked, but the fact remained that there seemed to be a divergence between what the "theory" was, and how it worked in practice. I can't tell you why, but I can tell you that using the above chart and then moving up to the next level, (or downwards on the actual chart physically), seemed to be accurate in 100% of cases that we checked. 

In answer to your original question, this is very different to how players are judged on Youth Intake Day which is against the CA of the best players currently at your club. 

Hope that helps. :thup:

Got it thanks, that does help a lot.

Season Reviews

I got a bit carried away and have completed three seasons since the last update. We won the league in all three seasons as expected, won all three cup finals and also won the Champions League another three times. 

5eb72ca931d2c90882df4f19d2535791.png

What was different this season was that we finally played in the Club World Cup, just a mere 17 seasons after we won our first African Champions League title. We were drawn in a group with Chivas (of Mexico) and Man City. In our first game we hammered Chivas 5-0 and a few days later we lost 3-1 to Man City, not a bad performance for our first time in the competition. 

06b6695da2b924b6d790860142b150a6.png

Niava Hermann Bamba is now just 32 goals away from hitting 1000 goals for the club, this will be the first player ever to have done that for me in FM. He's 30 now and I've just signed him to a new 3-year deal. 35 year old Richard Amponsah is beginning to decline physically but still managed to hit 27 goals in this past season which takes him to 740 goals for the club. Kirk Clegg was simply amazing this season from central midfield, 32 goals and 40 assists from 45 games in all competitions.  

The finances are slowly starting to dwindle down, we have just over £55m in the bank at the moment, our wage bill is ever increasing and player sales have slowed up once more. Ideally I need another clause to come through for us, Afonso is now worth £57m at Norwich and wanted by Arsenal, so that could be worth £25m plus to us. 

875d147ba6f042f606941714828fd35f.png

18 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

1000 goals :eek:

Yep, and now we're past that total, how many more I'm not sure. 

bfb9644a9c1f82dae327de1e04b6e928.png

Here's when he hit 1001 goals in 580 games for the club. He's now on...

6ceec9cb103afff3ce3febbd655e3551.png

...at the start of the 2054/55 season. But, he is now showing early signs of decline in his ability which makes me think he has one season left in him at his current level before he will start slow down his scoring rate. I've switched him from an advanced forward slot to the poacher role, taken his off high press intensity and just allow him to stay central and put the ball in the net. 

Niava Hermann Bamba | League History

Major Sale - Aug 2054

c1492eeba843091b92ecd7ad9740762c.png

Not a player I wanted to sell but we needed to perk the finances up a bit plus I had already signed a player or two that can fill in, albeit not as well. Kirk had scored 69 goals and made 101 assists in 121 appearances for the club in three seasons after joining from Man City on a free transfer. 

1102cc9ccb6ec60d3aebd6d6a992645d.png

The above are pretty much all our outstanding clauses, note that the 50% clause for Kirk Clegg is of the next sale and not just the profit due to the high initial fee involved. 

Transfers

On top of the exit of Clegg to Man Utd we also sold a few more players...

d88df87d46725139d80baf1feabf2fbf.png

82bc1cdbaf0b638a33b4ac1d3088c1a3.png

We made a loss on Moukouko but can turn that into a profit if his 50% profit clause comes through for us, he really stagnated after the arrival of Clegg put him out of the team. Minga-Kalouka was a academy player who wouldn't get the chance at the club. Mark Anderson spent plenty of time on the bench, much to his displeasure, off he goes back to Scotland. Max was another who couldn't get a run in the team and was unhappy, refused to sign a new contract and went back to him homeland for free. 

Roman Filip was becoming restless and wanted to leave, the young full back was sold to Rennes with potential left to improve and we could gain from his sell on clause. Ondama was another academy player who was way down the pecking order, so I cashed in with the profit clause added. 

2e4984ec27e6f20775a3eb0431360b4d.png

Just three players joined but significantly all Congolese, Heritier Konongo-Makaya was poached by Nice back in 2048 joined for free, he will possibly eventually end up in the heart of defence. Rochel Mpassi was someone I was chasing for a while and was always outpriced by Nantes until they transfer listed him for £550k. Raphael Matimbou was another I had been chasing but Milan wanted in excess of £15m for him, a couple of seasons of waiting I get him for £4.9m, a costly signing as a new club and national record fee but over time it will pay dividends.