Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in the Congo!

ToMexico!!

Player Sale - April 2032

Annoying one this, Bifouma was subject to a host of bids from MLS clubs and the board accepted one but I managed to protest it and they backed down. However, a few weeks later they accept another one with no chance to protest. To be honest, this is a decent deal for a club of calibre and stature in the game. 

f803f9b8b80de2fd87689500801ef71c.png

This leaves us with a massive hole up top as Bifouma had scored 55 goals in 33(1) appearances before leaving. We've just had our latest intake and lets just say we didn't get a replacement. 

517a979c8f8a31f78837462c6aad2354.png

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2031/32 Season Review

Our winning run finally ended in game week 19 when CARA Brazaville put three past us in 3-2 loss, those three goals were half of the total goals we conceded in the whole season. We conceded 6 goals in just 4 games in the season whilst we scored 136 in the other end, our second highest total. We won the league by 10 points to CARA in the end. 

33ede571e2e3f4ff75ea27d5590a2ebc.png

CARA Brazzaville also beat us in the Congolese Cup too, we bowed out at the quarter final stage after beating Union Sport, Carpillon and AC Leopards. 

On the continental stage it was a mixed season we failed to reach the group stages of the Champions League, beating Bandari FC from Kenya heavily before getting a rotten draw against ASEC Mimosas and getting hammered ourselves. We dropped down into the Confederation Cup and beat USM Alger in the Second Round to reach the group stages where we were drawn against ASC Diaraf, Sundowns and Al-Ahly. We finished 2nd in the group to Sundowns...

d1d5e61ea3bc1074d8623ea888408d3a.png

...and drew them in the quarter finals where we beat them on penalties. We were drawn against Egypt's Ismaily and after a 2-2 draw away from home we smashed them 4-0 in the return leg which meant we reach a continental final for the first time. We would face an unfamiliar South African team in Stellenbosch FC. 

4ef87b5b6dbc2e3734453dc51697d93f.png

A comfortable routine 4-1 victory with their goals as a mere consolation goal. 

Bifouma was the star of the squad prior to his transfer to the MLS and had scored 55 goals, once he left Kongnyuy kept up a good scoring rate to see him end the season with 46 goals in 40 (1) games along with 18 assists. Yara was in fine fettle once again, assisting 34 goals whilst his midfield partner Compaore managed 23 assists and hit double figures for goals too. 

I added the French league system down to the National and it has potentially thrown a spanner in the works in terms of the players I am looking to buy are wanted by French clubs also. I've also had job offers from Le Havre and another club I forget the name of. 

With our finances depleting month-on-month due to the Youth Setup costing us £110k monthly we needed to get deep into a continental competition and when we were knocked out of the ACL I feared the worst. Winning the ACC netted us close to £1m in prize money then we had the major player sale with Bifouma leaving for close to £900k. 

557446bf890f034ee405df80fa09396b.png

05525f5ec06593874a7ebcd1d7c1dd71.png

Unexpected Rejection - Aug 2032

0525ebe8a8d221fbf0a8f6605ba97a5b.png

Truth in the matter was that I wanted him to go, all these clubs had bid over £1m for him, loyalty is great when the player is "great" but Sane was easily replaceable for a fraction of the cost of what I was getting for him. 

Transfers - November 2032

A little bit late on this, got carried away. Lets take a look at outs first...

f3b0489532fe1ae4fa0e748cc61a5001.png

First choice left back Mpondo leaves for France and Ligue 1's Toulouse, he had a release clause of £450k but I opted for a mixture of cash and instalments along with a profit clause. 

f8cdd9df11033e93b3360da61ea09a93.png

641a0effb827a8eefc31893094b5fcc0.png

Two players joined a new centre back in Eric Sarkodie from Ghanaian side WAFA SC for a very reasonable price. He's a ball playing defender who will give us extra creative ability from deeper plus extra defensive strength despite breaking my wage structure to get him in. The other player to come in was Bifouma's replacement, Rodrigue Effa from Cameroonian side Coton Sport. A more well rounded striker but someone who is less explosive in his physical attributes. 

Also joining when he turns 18 is Godfred Karim, the young left back will become first choice. I've paid a bit too much for him but he will be worth in the long term or will be sold for profit I'm sure. 

January Transfers - Jan 2033

What a month, it was absolute bedlam and without some major convincing and upsetting a few players we could have been decimated. We were plundered with bids for Sane, Yara, Kongnyuy, Sousia and Assadeck and that's without selling the below two players. 

f793733df7839a58f0899cd469c000e5.png

Two central midfielders but two I was OK with letting go. Doumbia was my own choice whilst the board took the choice out of my hands on Compaore but what was annoying that other clubs had bid up to more than double the fee we got for him as there was no choice to cancel the lower offers. 

Incoming were...

922617170fe8f036130f4b7a1aec0d31.png

Biyoko is a young Congolese striker that my scouts found, he adds depth up front. N'Daw was actually going to be a pre-contract purchase as I was quoted nearly £200k, when he signed the contract I got the option to sign him for £23k, he will take Doumbia's place in the team. Tetteh is another central midfielder with good potential, slightly overspent to get him as he had a £500k release clause but a valuable addition to the team. 

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

January Transfers - Jan 2033

What a month, it was absolute bedlam and without some major convincing and upsetting a few players we could have been decimated. We were plundered with bids for Sane, Yara, Kongnyuy, Sousia and Assadeck and that's without selling the below two players. 

f793733df7839a58f0899cd469c000e5.png

Two central midfielders but two I was OK with letting go. Doumbia was my own choice whilst the board took the choice out of my hands on Compaore but what was annoying that other clubs had bid up to more than double the fee we got for him as there was no choice to cancel the lower offers. 

Incoming were...

922617170fe8f036130f4b7a1aec0d31.png

Biyoko is a young Congolese striker that my scouts found, he adds depth up front. N'Daw was actually going to be a pre-contract purchase as I was quoted nearly £200k, when he signed the contract I got the option to sign him for £23k, he will take Doumbia's place in the team. Tetteh is another central midfielder with good potential, slightly overspent to get him as he had a £500k release clause but a valuable addition to the team. 

I am very jealous of the transfer fees you are getting for your players. The most I have sold a player for was £75k with 40% of the profit from the next transfer and that was for the talented Brahima Outtara.

Does it take a few seasons before you start getting decent fees?

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am very jealous of the transfer fees you are getting for your players. The most I have sold a player for was £75k with 40% of the profit from the next transfer and that was for the talented Brahima Outtara.

Does it take a few seasons before you start getting decent fees.

All depending on the quality of the player and teams interested, if you get money bag teams from the Middle-East or China who create a bidding war you can really get the big bids. 

After our window closed the board accepted another bid from a Middle-East club for our right back totalling £2.9m which he then rejected their contract offer :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

All depending on the quality of the player and teams interested, if you get money bag teams from the Middle-East or China who create a bidding war you can really get the big bids. 

After our window closed the board accepted another bid from a Middle-East club for our right back totalling £2.9m which he then rejected their contract offer :rolleyes:

Oh ok what countries do you have loaded up on your save to attract these offers. I assume the big 5 European league, China, USA and Japan ?

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh ok what countries do you have loaded up on your save to attract these offers. I assume the big 5 European league, China, USA and Japan ?

Only nations in the game are Congo, DR Congo, France to National and England as view-only. I have all players from top clubs in Africa loaded. 

If you get interest from MLS, Saudi or Chinese clubs prepare to offer them out for more, then just reject every bid lower than your top bid and hopefully those clubs will come back in for more than what's offered. 

2 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Only nations in the game are Congo, DR Congo, France to National and England as view-only. I have all players from top clubs in Africa loaded. 

If you get interest from MLS, Saudi or Chinese clubs prepare to offer them out for more, then just reject every bid lower than your top bid and hopefully those clubs will come back in for more than what's offered. 

Ok cheers I have a few of the top African leagues loaded, England, France and Spain I think but I might add China, Saudi Arabia and USA to see if it helps with selling players. Most of my players have gone to the French leagues so far.

Poached Players - March 2033

c8ea1ecda6d1e37a1be53b12c6ee82b2.png

Our latest poached player has come through the intake at Reims. Alain Ayessa looks a decent prospect at RB. He has a decent personality, some good mental stats but plenty of room to grown physically and technically. 

I'm not sure I even showed the newgen before, Lional Thempoloe-Mountaro, who was clearly not as good. What's interesting is that he came through as Belgian but he's gone back to Congolese. 

Chris Ndombele was released by PSG which was disappointing as we received nothing for his poaching from us. He joined Ajaccio and has continued to develop into a good player, still classed as a French national, the Congolese national team manager needs to convince him to switch allegiances again. 

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Ok cheers I have a few of the top African leagues loaded, England, France and Spain I think but I might add China, Saudi Arabia and USA to see if it helps with selling players. Most of my players have gone to the French leagues so far.

Yeah maybe even adding them as view only it will help sales but be prepared to be picked apart on occasion and plenty of unhappy players if you reject too many bids. 

Clause Sale - April 2033

2fb508e7666d86c2147d208befd362d6.png

This is our biggest clause sale so far and so soon after Drissa's sale to Chinese club Wuhan. He was valued at £2.2m to to receive half of his value for the 30% clause is a no brainer. 

1c25fe1fd7b2d3e1859e1b66ceefcf2b.png

Finances are now quite healthy and just short of £4m. 

3bd05c8e8f17624f8194fbe4e2c30b2d.png

Takeover Completed - May 2033

Its been on and off more times than I can remember but its finally completed. 

4da3dd3dfe6701a8506c0a67f330f543.png

It took £450k to take us over and they've put £90k in to the clubs finances. The only hope I have is that they're less reluctant to take matters into their own hands in accepting offers and want to improve the clubs infrastructure more freely. 

2032/33 Season Review 

Breezed through another season and another invincible one to boot; 26 games and 26 win; 135 goals scored and just 7 conceded. 

6fe269ccaf319dbf0a340d7969e7c2c4.png

We also made it a domestic double for the first time in three seasons as we won the Congolese Cup. We beat JS Brazzaville, Saint Pierre, AC Leopards and CARA Brazzaville on the way to beat Tourbillon in the final. That was our 8th Cup title. 

We actually made it a treble too this season as won won the African Super Cup beating ASEC Mimosas 2-0. 

27f0405c81d24d7e0e3c9ad388006bca.png

We were back in the Champions League after winning the Confederation Cup last season and we needed to fare better. We beat Vital'o (Burundi) and Petro de Luanda (Angola) in the qualifying rounds to reach the group stages. We drew Sundowns, Wydad Casablanca and USM Alger. We won 3 games, drew once and lost twice to qualify for the quarter finals again. 

830829894d1e082a136e7043c37e8604.png

We were drawn against Al-Ahly of Egypt in the quarters, expecting a tough couple of ties, we drew the first leg but smashed them 5-0 in their own back yard. In the semi-finals we drew Algeria's ES Setif and were soundly beaten, 4-1 on aggregate. Setif went on to win the competition beating Sundowns. 

Mexes Kongnyuy scored an impressive 53 goals this season as well as making 14 assists but play of the season for me has to be Noumouke Yara who scored 32 goals and made 26 assists mainly from central midfield. Rodrigue Effa supported Mexes well with 29 goals and 23 assists. Full backs Assadeck and Bikindou-Namputu made 13 and 17 assists after making them more attacking. 

Financially we're heading in the right direction, we made £3.2m from player sales including clauses and £1.4m from prize money. Gate receipts also fell just short of £1m for the season too. 

56fe457b951fc8a592d2f98147665296.png

106551944fdb32489bbc5e6671391057.png

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

Clause Sale - April 2033

2fb508e7666d86c2147d208befd362d6.png

This is our biggest clause sale so far and so soon after Drissa's sale to Chinese club Wuhan. He was valued at £2.2m to to receive half of his value for the 30% clause is a no brainer. 

1c25fe1fd7b2d3e1859e1b66ceefcf2b.png

Finances are now quite healthy and just short of £4m. 

3bd05c8e8f17624f8194fbe4e2c30b2d.png

I dream of the days I have that much in the bank in my save :lol:

Well done buddy. I hope the takeover doesn't ruin your progress.

Well done on your continual success at the club. I am really enjoying your progress with Congo.

Any plans to takeover the National team as well ?

10 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I dream of the days I have that much in the bank in my save :lol:

Well done buddy. I hope the takeover doesn't ruin your progress.

Well done on your continual success at the club. I am really enjoying your progress with Congo.

Any plans to takeover the National team as well ?

Well the new board seem no different to the last at the minute. 

We now need to win the Champions League and to win on a consistent basis. 

As much as I would love I just feel that the NT just gets in the way of club progress. 

Just now, ToMexico!! said:

Well the new board seem no different to the last at the minute. 

We now need to win the Champions League and to win on a consistent basis. 

As much as I would love I just feel that the NT just gets in the way of club progress. 

Yeah I understand. For me at the moment I aint finding it to be a distraction from my club save but that might change in time.

48 minutes ago, Jeszpure said:

I am looking for a database to do a save in Africa too.

Which one are you using?

25 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Timo's off of steam. 

Good Luck with your save :thup:

I echo ToMexico's recommendation of using Timo's database as I am using it for my save and I have had no issues or crashes so far.

Good luck on your save.

21 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Another Board Sale - Sep 2033

7e7cee3b5b9a68d0b4044aeb47c7a4b7.png

I asked for a renegotiation to get a clause added and they failed and sold him still. £1.1m is good money plus we have a replacement already but disappointing not to get a profit clause on a young player. 

I hate it when the board accepts transfers for my players and not let me deal with it so I can add a % future fee. I understand your frustration.

2033/34 Season Review 

In comparison to previous seasons this was a poor one, we lost a game and drew another but also conceded 10 goals :lol: We still won the league by 7 points to city rivals CARA Brazzaville. 

16ee3981d9a268931426d897be566566.png

We played CARA Brazzaville and beat them 2-1 in the Congolese Cup final to claim another league and cup double. We beat AS Vegas, AS Kimbonguela, Tourbillon and AC Leopards on route. 

We reached the ACL group stages with ease beating Salitas (Burkina Faso) and Interclube (Angola) to be drawn with Petro de Luanda, TP Mazembe and ES Sahel. A 4-1-1 record saw us top the group to TP Mazembe in 2nd place. 

92290f9820b074d671ad88d1b3abc37a.png

We were drawn against Al-Merreikh Omdurman (Sudan) in the quarter finals; a 6-0 away win was followed by a disappointing home defeat but we progressed 8-4 on aggregate. We then played Vita Club in the semi finals and brought home a 2-1 away win, one foot in the final. We then beat them at home 3-2 to reach the final for the very first time in the save where we would face Orlando Pirates. 

Unfortunately we lost 1-0 in a timid game where chances were few and far between. 

8564b89dbfedb5003b3e1b32103054c7.png

I think we would have won the final if we had had a fit squad, I'd like to blame the board once more as they accepted bids after our transfer window closed for Boris Bikindou-Namputu & Rodrigue Effa who left for what I would describe as pitiful sums. That left the squad even more threadbare and we struggled for fitness from then on in plus playing some players out of position. 

Effa had scored 33 goals in 17(1) games prior to leaving for Troyes. Kongnyuy stepped up though, continuing his scoring streak to record 52 goals in 36(1) games. Biyouka had a breakthrough season scoring 41 goals in 40(3) games, excellent for an 18 year old. Cheik N'Daw who I signed last January, made 23 assists whilst Louamba (22), Biyouka (20) and full backs Karim & Assadeck made 19 apiece. 

We made £3.4m from player sales this season including clauses, we also made £1.8m in prize money, mainly from our Champions League run. Gate receipts crept over the £1m mark for the first time. We need to continue to make money though, either through player sales or prize money as our Youth Setup is currently costing us £1.6m per season. 

5d4c6b18b53664a65d06d77f2d2305cc.png

4e4a34a828cfef0cca0990ab0e6b5f8c.png

On 25/02/2021 at 12:20, ToMexico!! said:

All depending on the player's world (international) reputation. And the player's reputation depends on his quality ... but first of all on the performances obtained at the club where he plays. What club does he play for? Winner of the Continental Cup, runner-up in the African Champion League. At the moment, the club's reputation is similar to the reputation of a very good English League One club. And the player's reputation, of course, is much higher than it would have been a few years ago.

Player Sale - July 2034

The board did the dirty on us again and accepted another bid for one of our players. 

f3d4244fa42255a031811198f03bb09a.png

This isn't a bad deal by any means its just the manner of what is happening in recent times that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Before this deal had even gone through we had £5.57m in the bank, at what point does our board stop selling our players. 

fe982ca05ba2f612cb2a79cb8fd9b3f5.png

We still have profit clauses on a number of players; Locko (worth £1.8m), Matete (£4.3m), Bifouma (£1.7m), Mpondo (£2.9m), Doumbia (£4.7m), Yara (£1.9m) and Effa (£1.7m). 

Player Sale - July 2034

Whilst scouring every African national side for reinforcements the board strike again...

a6d27e83a78f4fe351f5c3212da6bb55.png

Last seasons most creative player leaves for Belgium. We now have £7.5m in the bank and just two recognised CM's in the squad, the board have sold 5 central midfielders in two season. 

fbbaa915e6f85d89a7eab00ed86dc928.png

7 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Player Sale - Aug 2034

a035f71916616c4f5b86eae3ae744731.png

Becoming quite a problem now, even though we got him back on loan until the end of the season. :seagull:

c84d4443877e5fcc0b3225dbf89c8c7a.png

This remains me of my FM19 save where I was in Estonia at a club called Trans Narva.

In my 2nd season in charge I won the league for first time for this club.

In the 3rd season they basicly sold every player once a bid came in, despite challenging for the title again.

After the 5th sell in 2 months I quite the job with beein top of the table, 4 pts ahead of 2nd and only 7 games to play.

Good read so far.

I also enjoyed your Cameroon save last year.

12 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

This remains me of my FM19 save where I was in Estonia at a club called Trans Narva.

In my 2nd season in charge I won the league for first time for this club.

In the 3rd season they basicly sold every player once a bid came in, despite challenging for the title again.

After the 5th sell in 2 months I quite the job with beein top of the table, 4 pts ahead of 2nd and only 7 games to play.

Good read so far.

I also enjoyed your Cameroon save last year.

I get that I'm signing players with potential that will improve then be wanted, I've never had so much board interference in a save before. Not just by one board but two, there's also talk of another takeover. Third time lucky? 

I'm not ready to quit at all, we haven't won the ACL but it could be getting further away from me again. I've just signed 3 foreign players, whilst one of my foreign players has gained Congolese second nationality which gives us space for 3 more foreign players. Ideally I need another striker and central midfielder as a minimum.

Thanks for reading. Yeah Cameroon with Astres was a lot of fun. 

Just now, ToMexico!! said:

I get that I'm signing players with potential that will improve then be wanted, I've never had so much board interference in a save before. Not just by one board but two, there's also talk of another takeover. Third time lucky? 

I'm not ready to quit at all, we haven't won the ACL but it could be getting further away from me again. I've just signed 3 foreign players, whilst one of my foreign players has gained Congolese second nationality which gives us space for 3 more foreign players. Ideally I need another striker and central midfielder as a minimum.

Thanks for reading. Yeah Cameroon with Astres was a lot of fun. 

The other thing I meant to say was normally there's a point where finances get to a point and the board stop accepting bids, there's no real indication where that point is. I want to improve the facilities again but the board have rejected plus if I do spend on facilities that means the player sales will continue to be taken out of my hands. 

I know its the main thing of this save, sign young or develop academy players and improve the club and the country.

But my boiling point is pretty low on the board accepting bids.

After losing 3 players in roughly one month, because of that, Im would take a break or I might do something stupid. :lol:

But atleast the deals are somewhere good, always with a % clause.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::seagull:  - Sept 2034

4951c7605645af9d44143792554d6a7b.png

It continues, what's even more disappointing with this transfer is that he's Congolese, we signed him from Vita Club's rivals TP Mazembe. £1.2m is a good fee plus clauses we will receive too. I now need to find a good quality first choice CB to replace him. We now have £8.5m in the bank, do we have Nigerian businessmen we need to pay off from a failed pyramid scheme? :lol:

f4599dcf98a003ecbda2f557d4f44616.png

8 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

I know its the main thing of this save, sign young or develop academy players and improve the club and the country.

But my boiling point is pretty low on the board accepting bids.

After losing 3 players in roughly one month, because of that, Im would take a break or I might do something stupid. :lol:

But atleast the deals are somewhere good, always with a % clause.

We've now lost 5 players this calendar year, all key players in their positions. Whilst its annoying, its "fun" dealing with the added pressures the board are bringing. 

Transfers - Oct 2034

After the board sold Tetteh (CM), N'Daw (CM), Biyoko (ST) and Ngassaki (CB) this summer for a combined £3.7m rising to £4.9m I need to try and rebuild. 

2f0d9122c1492b836b99b8005aabee2a.png

Malick Sagna joined first from Senegalese side ASC Diaraf, he's a little raw but I like his determination and work rate, excellent for a box-to-box/carrilero role. Kazeem Kayode will add some depth to the bench and at £180 its a no brainer, takes up a foreign spot but we had plenty available. Biyoko was loaned back from Monaco as part of the deal. Tychique Kouassi is the 3rd midfielder to join this summer for a close to half a million, the Ivory Coast national will hopefully take up the creative role. Armand Onana replaces the departed Ngassaki, the young Cameroonian centre back will become first choice alongside the wanted Adama Toure. Last to join was Angelo Bonifacio as the fourth midfielder to join, an attacking midfielder by definition he will be trained to take up an attacking role from deeper. 

We're now in a much better place than at the beginning of pre-season, whilst domestically I don't think we will suffer its on the continent where we could struggle having had to piece together a new midfield. Only time will tell. 

Poached - May 2035

93361405361b48ec3e2ae0cc017e441a.png

Back to defenders being poached. 

770a458b18f5361689ac4ea9930c9e52.png

We've also had two more poached players coming through their respective clubs intakes. 

• Boris Kaya - comes through at Lens with some decent starting stats, maybe we could bring him home at some point in the future. 
  • Yannick Nkounkou - comes through at Toulouse and is a poor player.