FM 21 - Tromsø IL

SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

The Save...

Norway and Scandinavia looks to be a popular landing place this FM and I have decided to join the fun.

Tromsø Idrettslag is a Norwegian professional football club founded in 1920, based in the city of Tromsø. They play their home games at Alfheim Stadion.

Tromsø have won the Norwegian Cup twice, in 1986 and 1996, and have competed in several UEFA competitions; the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, UEFA Intertoto Cup and UEFA Europa League. The Norwegian Cup trophies make Tromsø the northernmost club in the world to have won a nationwide title.

Norway is country I have never managed in before, in fact I have never managed in any Scandinavian country through any of my years playing Football Manager, I am excited to see how it goes and learn about it all. At this stage there is no specific aim or rules in place, I will for time being and as best I can try and stick to a save where we only sign players from Scandinavian countries, I want to resit the urge to flood the team with South American wonderkids. I cant promise this will last the entire save but for now thats where I will aim to start.

Tromsø City...

Tromsø, a city in northern Norway, is a major cultural hub above the Arctic Circle. It’s famed as a viewing point for colourful Northern Lights that sometime light up the sky and with a population of around 76k people, it is only the 12th largest city in Norway.

Very cold, very pretty and very dark because from November to January there is basically no sun and they live in 24 hours of darkness.

Tromsø | Where your Arctic adventure begins Guided city walk in Tromso - Fjord Tours 

Tromsø IL...

Having never won the top division, there is room to grow and fill the honours board and their recent history shows that since 2009-20012 they were nothing but a mid to bottom side in the Tippeligaen (Eliteserien) our local Northern neighbours Bodo/Glimt are the current champions of Norway.

9159203c7c2e9d6b00e7fe46cac11ade.png

b639d3a7e223e9dbb79e44e72b138963.png

The Alfheim Stadion is where we play our home games, boasting a capacity of around 6800 and is located on the outskirts of the City. Due to the weather conditions located this far north, we play on a synthetic grass pitch.

I like nice little stadiums like this, more so when they appear to be bedded into the local community and are surrounded by peoples houses, I can imagine living in those houses and hearing the match day noises from my lounge room and soaking in the atmosphere.

The media is predicting we will finish 3rd but the odds show we are around 2nd, this works out ok and means we should be in around the top 2 places that are automatically promoted with Lillestrom being the favourites for promotion. Getting promoted is obviously our first and main aim. We have a fairly modest starting budget to work with, I think that should be ok anyway because players in this region are fairly cheap and we have a nice balance in the bank to build from and use in the future. The club does start with some decent facilities and excellent youth recruitment, so I am hopeful that we can bring in and through some local juniors to push us forward.

Alfheim2.jpg

8b0fb87d3568eb601e04be648dfcf7bc.png

1af079395755c6b115b7491d7ae8cc97.png

e5d4c6163f0f080e3934d65c96820564.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tromsø IL logo.svg

First Team Squad...

I thought the squad was fairly decent for this level, so I only made the move to bring in 5 players.

I also have no idea about 99% of this squad so I wanted to give them a chance to show me what they could do, also wanted watch a season around the league and scout some prospects and familiarise myself with the local landscape. The biggest weakness I can see from the squad is the lack of pace and speed, there is some very slow players here and that will not work well for how we expect and want to play. Most of the moves out were based around this weakness.

Sadly one of the best players in the squad Sigurd Gronli has already decided hes leaving at the end of his contract and there is nothing I can do about it. Such a shame has he looks to be a decent young talent from our youth academy. I am going to play him in quite a few games in the hope that we can convince him to stay longer than the current season.

dfa72ac7ee3d6e92e0e009eee778bd3e.png

Players IN...

Highlighted players are ones signed by me

The one area I was not happy with was upfront, we had 2 players on loan who didn't look like they could fire home enough goals for the season and thats where the first transfer targets were aimed.

Andrasson Olsen has joined to lead our line for the season, he joined for a very modest 6.7k, he has some decent goal scoring pedigree as well, Olsen has scored 214 goals in 348 games playing his entire career for Runavik in the Faroe Islands and that includes 26 goals in 27 games last season. Lets hope he can translate that form over in Norway!

Also joining from the Faroe Islands is Sonni Nattestad, he replaces Wangberg who was sold as you will see below, he should be at least a like for like in terms of quality.

I was not expecting to sign any fullbacks but I spotted Santos Lyngbo on a free transfer and he can cover both fullback positions for us and has we have loan signing in the left fullback position for now, he will at least give us cover next season should he prove himself.

The last 2 incoming players signed by me were Conrad Wallem and Vegard Erlien, both are young talented wide players from Norway, both should have plenty of upside to improve in the future and resolve an area of weakness in the squad.

c625e18c815fe79aec65de638e2cdd63.png

64f6419b30ae081bab3a2bc91f742cf6.pnge46ae21e3ad6925c6cbc36065b05d971.png

11373fc14570d581ba02c268162cd3d7.pnge0cc929bb866ce10a73a2725530f304a.png

a8cfbe24438482cd4f51dc77648e003d.png

Players OUT...

Only 3 players sold, we moved out 2 of the older players in Ahamed and Anderson as they both were not going to make in the first team and I wanted to bring in players to directly play in their positions

Also leaving is Wangberg, he was probably one of the top 3 players in the team and one of the better players in the league but for a CB with no pace or speed, he was not going to do very well for us and the high line we expect to play and the money is pretty good for this league and we could easily replace him with Nattestad.

bd5af9afb299783cae5604d3beb0c065.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Midseason update...

Season has started off very well and far better than I could have expected, we did open the season with a 4-1 blip away but since then we have gone unbeaten to the top of the table. At the moment we seem to be well above the quality and standard of the OBOS-Ligaen and not gaining automatic promotion from here will be seen as a great disappointment.

Games come thick and fast in Norway, we play on average every 3 games and the 30 game regular season is done by the 11th of December, I assume there is some Cup games or something after that before the new season?

The 3 best players so far have been...

Yttergard Jenssen - The veteran dictates the play and chips in with a few goals and assits, seems to be in everything all the time.

Vegard Erlien - The new signing has settled in well, scored 8 goals so far playing out wide and looks to be improving 

Erlend Sivertsen - 2 goals and 7 assists so far for the man on loan from Kristiansund, not a bad return for the veteran fullback.

Attack

If we can get a few more goals from Olsen up front that would be great and with 7 in 16 hes not been too bad, however  we will be giving some games to Peter Bjerke who was promoted from the under 19s at the start of the season to see if he can be a player for us in the future or not..  I have not really given much of a look into the loan signings of Azemi or Espejord and unless there is a major injury crisis, that will likely be the case for the remainder of the season. We count on our wide players chipping in with a few goals each season so for now thats going well, also Berntsen and Kitolano are helping with a few goals from AM

Midfield

Yttergard is our main asset here, Gronli and Kent-Are Antonsen being rotated next to him. We actually lack any decent quality at depth in these positions, so we may look at making a move or promotion here now.

Defence

The defence is holding together nicely as well, new signing Nattestad was injured for 8 weeks and only now recently started to get settled and game time, hopefully he stays fit for the remaining games of the season as he is our best defender at the moment. I have been fairly impressed with Karlstrom in goal, he looks fairly solid for this level and can probably keep the number 1 for a few more years at least, he has 8 clean sheets so far this season and with Erlend Jacobson being a quite poor quality backup, we should aim to improve the depth.

c66defc92d57be40754b5e7765c8a46d.png

052b28eadbf194ec2f9b3112bb90a4b3.png

261ba0b7eb8a3b02aa5d6b688f0242b3.png

Finances

We are losing money, I didn't realise we had loan to pay back each month so the balance has been going down, our gate receipts are not even enough to cover this loan per match either. The loan still has another 10 year to run as well, so for the foreseeable future we are going to have to deal with this. Obviously gaining promotion and getting into some European football will totally make this a none issue but for now, its a problem.

274b7130c7c9b64629b4267cf26de3e5.png

272f1b856b052c1509c1acbcc2ebdc9a.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Following this!

I had a really fun journeyman save on the last edition which started off at Tromso, left after 2 seasons having won the league with them. 

Sigurd Gronli and Marcus Holmgren Pedersen turned out to be legends for me, following me from Tromso to Olympiakos and eventually to Everton. Gronli was an absolute genius, dominating set pieces and all our play generally. Such a neat little player. 

Pedersen unfortunately seems like he has left the club IRL.

17 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Following this!

I had a really fun journeyman save on the last edition which started off at Tromso, left after 2 seasons having won the league with them. 

Sigurd Gronli and Marcus Holmgren Pedersen turned out to be legends for me, following me from Tromso to Olympiakos and eventually to Everton. Gronli was an absolute genius, dominating set pieces and all our play generally. Such a neat little player. 

Pedersen unfortunately seems like he has left the club IRL.

Its been a fun save so far, enjoying not really knowing much about the players and the league.

Gronli looks a decent prospect, for this league anyway. 

Marcus Holmgren Pedersen now plays for Molde, shame as he would have been a handy player for us as well.

I should have the first season finished today, update out later as well.

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Youth Intake Preview...

This is not a youth only save but I want to try and use the youth system as best I can

We apparently have a golden generation coming through on the first intake, quite surprised as our HOYD is pretty terrible and I was going to replace him at the end of the season. 

I like the sound of a top prospect in the centre of midfield, a handy winger will be a great and if we can get a decent goalkeeper that would also be perfect. I was hoping to see a fine prospect for the striker but does not appear to be anything there for now.

We are set to lose around 7 players from loans or expiring contracts, so anything that can help cover those loses will help us next season

f0aac355c6775dcaa6ebac0f597c5026.png

f82124ad5d7b476896173dab9866d7b2.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

End of season update...

What a season to remember, we secured promotion back to the top league and broke multiple records along the way

Most wins in season...

Most goals in a season...

Most points in a season...

I expected us to be a contender but didn't think we could win the league by 23 points and dropping only the single game.

Top 3 players of the season...

Yttergard Jenson-  He also won the league player of the season and the players player of the season.  The 32 year old veteran was a key player for us and hopefully can be a key player next season. He scored 7 goals and assisted a further 11. He is currently wanted by a few MLS side but will try and keep him.

Vegard Erlien - The young man was the division top scorer with 20 goals playing out wide, he also added 7 assists along the way as well.

Santos Lynbo - Was a hard choice but he just edged in the end, he looked solid in defence and added in 10 assists as well

Attack

83 goals scored shows our attack was very good, led by 20 goals from Vegard Erlien and 16 from Olsen who seemed to take the step up in competition pretty well.  Kitolano, Wallem and Yttergard Jenson added a further 25 between them as well, I think we should be able to score enough goals to keep us from being relegated next season, I have my eye on a new forward option as well to add more depth/quality. I did play youth prospect Peter Bjerke in a few games and he did fairly ok with 3 goals in 7 starts.  Our 2 loan forwards will be leaving, I maybe should have played them more but in the end we did fine without them.

Midfield

Despite lacking depth here, we managed to play with 3 players on rotation. Had to use a few makeshift options when fatigue and injuries set in and will need updating in this area over the break. I will try to keep hold of Yttergard, he is wanted and is highly valued but despite his age he can be a player for us again next season so unless a decent bid comes in or he decides to push for a move.

Defence

We looked very solid here for most of the season, all the fullbacks played well and added assists and the centre defenders mostly looked strong and good enough for the step up. Again we will lose another 2 players who were on loan with us, I would have liked to have kept Sivertson but for now he will return to his parent club. I have made a move already to bring in a new back up keeper, he could even push for number 1 as well, Karlstrom was very good in fairness so he should retain his spot, I will look to move on current backup Jacobsen. 

At this stage it looks like we are going to have a very different looking side, there is 7 players who have expired contracts (also not good enough) and I will need to replace and upgrade a few others. Also most likely going to replace and sort out the staff as well, so it should be fairly busy break over the winter.

04121d1e56e5713dab1f7905ebac4516.png

1606950ec160cab64201a4376c89cd0f.png

8318a6c58fa546c7d2341288e5f5635f.png

Finances

e3e7999fd993d428f90e81a86c96c137.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Faroese national team has some very talented and experience players who can help you at least in the start of this save,i would take a close look too them if i were you,most of them don't have big and long contracts.The two you already have are very good.:thup:

8 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Faroese national team has some very talented and experience players who can help you at least in the start of this save,i would take a close look too them if i were you,most of them don't have big and long contracts.The two you already have are very good.:thup:

There are some half decent players for sure, I will have another look again. I really regret not adding in the Faroese league in when I set up the game :(

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Youth Intake...

I was expecting bigger things for a golden generation and I am not sure any of these will turn into anything interesting. For now they will all just be added to the under 19s and monitored.

I actually scouted and signed a few of my own prospects that look far superior to these, more details on those later in the transfer update.

ccca6849dea513eec8df5be444ffa3a7.png

The top 5 from 2021 intake...

7b9a235212d42dc79b84ad508a3f7739.png

97cdf7aa80272f22d06a9d482ccd59e4.png

87615d5af845b86f1ac9366579ab8614.png

c76250b24b6132358754217b3abb61d7.png

53f51e6846fe64bda4e23e6a35405b28.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Pre-season...

Predicted to finish around the middle, I will be aiming higher but obviously just staying up is the most obvious goal.

6bde4716726ba9714e460ddf793bd2d9.png

First Team Transfers IN...

Fairly busy transfer period, thankfully its long long window in Norway as well. Despite being promoted, there was a limited number of quality players who were willing to join us and we had to shop at the bottom of the basement to improve the squad.

Not all players below are for the first team, I took a punt on a few youth prospects and will add them to the under 19s

It looks like a lot and it kinda of is, 8 of the below are added to the first team.  We had to replace a fair few from the previous season who had expired contracts or were on loan.

9b5ce00ef0f5daa9ca0333cae2cb30b0.png

Elias Solberg - Is a nice young Norwgian kid who can play games for immediately, I imagine he can get around 10 games of so this season.  Not bad for a player his potential and a free transfer.

Stian Rode Gregersen - a great free transfer for us, looking likely to be 3rd or 4th choice to begin with, he is rather versatile so could help out in other areas.

4dacfc6927a2cadda7434434aaa2b84b.png10ae9fe3cead326dcf7bdd919141714f.png

Erik Tonne - A mature aged player who joins from fellow promoted side Ranheim, he will be an excellent backup for Lasse Nilsen

Magnus Mattsson - One of the more expensive signings, Mattsson can add much needed quality to both CM and AM postions, he will start at AM for now.

eaf4ec4b0b6eba508f9577f73e6f7114.png34136f19b89daacc68f3bd05eb62c376.png

Sivert Solli - Was one of the top players for Ranheim in their promtion last season, he was rather expensive for Tromso to acquire but we pushed the sale out over 3 years to help. He played well against us both games last season and his flair will be great addition to the wide postions.

Poul Kallsberg - Scouts found him, we added another player from Faroe Islands. Looks like he could be a decent talent and can play with both feet, I will start training him to play on the right but also thinking about him as a forward.

4ee18e0dc215678c0d890861e13daadf.png1e11271ffed326ea6bd6e8e178757b20.png

Joel Kabongo - Loan signing to help give us more quality in the back, should play a few games for us.

Oskar Siira Sivertsen - Another loan signing, he is rather young and a little raw but if he can do well then we will be looking to sign him on a permanent basis

91dcd7be51916d28d4d5459556df0268.png318263a13d128176dfdbd845bf252397.png

Syver Aas - Another young player signed on loan, again this is another loan signing that I am using as a year long scouting mission.

5e0dca44fd45462a3630ec314697df0b.png

Both Otso Virtanen and Lucas Forsberg were signed during last season so they are not on the above transfer window report, however both are nice new key players for us. Both were signed as free transfers, I think Virtanen could be a real challenger for the number 1 spot.

6c8543e78b29b93d0b8b28e4f2e43512.png3920d6b0ca2e6e70404e67643012a52c.png

Youth Prospect Transfers...

All placed into the under 19s for now

40877674298dd674373856ba8ab2716e.png

a0bdfcab7818d71613f79ab65a4d2002.png

57d7d53dac593d89b3fb3e622109d652.png

81ff361d0515fa652c99f46e84cf575e.png

1c3969298932eb1172148f9d73b45a34.png

First Team Transfers OUT...

Nothing too exciting here, Rosenborg came in for Kent-Are Antonsen and for the fee it was an easy choice to make on backup player.

699fce5b9a1a4b303a4d310f198d6b70.png

First Team Squad...

ea0b578bbd69cf0ff26de2182f0d9908.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

April 21...

Going to try a monthly update format for this season to see if that works better.

Look to have taken to top flight football very well so far, we are undeafted and a few draws as well. We were in winnable positions vs both Stabaek and Rosenborg but threw away the 3 points. The cup competion has got under way now as well, we played lower quality opposition in those games and predictably have made it through into the 3rd round. 

Andrasson Olsen has been the star player so far, he has already scored 6 in 7 games as he looks to have settled better after his first season here last year. Helping him along the way is new signing Magnus Mattsson, he has contributed 3 goals, 3 assits in his 5 games so far.

641a32ac4759c93a10dc45fca6699b84.png

d341dc905640b9300b90917b1ec44b8b.png

72431ec82b1f2e1605efddc4d0f8aec6.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

May 21...

Unbeaten run over, we finally lose a game and then lose 2 in the same month. Dropped out first ever home game in charge of Tromso in the process, starting to find the step up in competition a more difficult.

Still fairly satisfied with how we are going, we are aiming for top half finish as per my expectations.

The Eliteserien is a very close and competitive league, we are starting to struggle for goals now and Andrasson Olsen has gone missing during this period. Last seasons top scorer and top scorer in the OBOS-Ligen has only scored 1 in 7 games so far.

bba4816e1009edad4b810cf393150440.png

a8a0c6c4be0a3d3f6f6f6f533bd8876f.png

8bb541d9d70eb6d223fa66e3d114af74.png

1 minute ago, withnail316 said:

Love a Norwegian save. I did 25 years at Bodø/Glimt on FM13, probably my favourite save ever. 

That loan looks worrying, but you've made a decent start to life in the top flight. KUTGW. :thup:

Which loan? Going to guess Sivertson?

I think with Norway being on the verge of a real life golden generation, it makes for a fun save this FM. 

I am trying hard to stick with Scandinavian only, there is quite a few players available who could help from South America but want to persist 

4 minutes ago, SimpleFM said:

Which loan? Going to guess Sivertson?

I think with Norway being on the verge of a real life golden generation, it makes for a fun save this FM. 

I am trying hard to stick with Scandinavian only, there is quite a few players available who could help from South America but want to persist 

I was referring to your finances from your earlier post (I've only just discovered this thread.) 

The rules in Norway (at least when I played there) meant it made a lot of sense to stick to home based players, but I'd also look for foreign players under the age of 19 so they could become homegrown, which made a huge difference in terms of my longevity at the club. 

5 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

I was referring to your finances from your earlier post (I've only just discovered this thread.) 

The rules in Norway (at least when I played there) meant it made a lot of sense to stick to home based players, but I'd also look for foreign players under the age of 19 so they could become homegrown, which made a huge difference in terms of my longevity at the club. 

Ah yeah, we are very much in the red right now... Nothing I can do at the moment either. Income does not cover the outgoings, we will probably have to sell in the next window to get back in the black

Tromsø IL logo.svg

June 21...

We continue our indiffernt form in June, we dropped yet another game but thankfully not in the league but this time losing in the quarter final of the cup to midtable Odds.

Thankfully we are still in the hunt and occupy 3rd place, the league is so tight that 10th place Bodo/Glimt are only 5 points behind us. We look good enough to maintain our status in the league, just losing games is quite strange to us but I guess also to be expected as a newly promoted side. Defending Champions Molde currently sit in 5th place

2696711ec396b60930b66b0f8f1cf60e.png

95936fe450bf3f34119ea2de6bea0e8c.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

July 21...

The perfect month in July,  we thrash defending champion Molde and knock of giants Rosenborg away from home

Still trailing a very good and run away leader in Valerenga and we  are due to play them at home in August, to date their only loss so far is when we beat them 4-0 away back in April. This could be key a game in an unlikely title run.

Its very nice how close and tight the league is, Lillestrom in 11th are only 9 points from 4th place and still plenty of games remaining.

There has also been a promotion from the youth ranks, I promoted up Anton Kovalainnen, hes still very raw and need intense physical training but could be diamond in the rough.

,fe8fe31758235af82fbf5dc62930f0a9.png

7ca15ff8e1db7540bc28967d1d31c73a.png

00c0915fbd86519c327e93800c80687e.png

2be5d051c8c21afe618a6eec3fedbd37.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

August 21...

Disaster.

We drop the first 2 games at home 0-2 . The first loss was to a relegation threaten Stabeak, we were never in the game and we follow this up with a top of the table clash to leaders Valerenga.

To cap that all off the board accepted a bid for Santos Lynbo, while the fee was nice at 1.7 million (rising to 2.1 million) we also dont have a quality replacement so we have had to dip into the market and find yet an even worse player. We signed Icelandic International Vior Ari Jonsson, he cost us just 46 thousand, he can hopefully just do a job for the rest of the season and I can look for a better alternative after the season has ended. 

Thankfully we did get some points this month, this still keeps us up near the top and in the discussion.

9c40c44740415046a4d6804227aff23e.png

aa7c1ad3dcbe19119ca9dd0d4ffc19e5.png

d20d8c76afa857ad3114d355b37ba8ff.png

Transfer IN...

927cf1e54e08671c21aa6a884dc9b8f5.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

September 21...

August started well, we defeat Bodo/Glimt in the Northern Derby but we followed that with a loss to last placed Mjondalen IF...

The last game of August we were thrashed at home to Stromsgodset Tf. At the point we just want the season to finish, we are going to struggle to finish in the top 5 and any talk of a title challenge is now over.

We hold a team meeting after the last match in the hopes it can bring us closer together and push us over the line for the last 7 games.

cd58b9cff30fdae81e05441124fd5453.png

4e9e89b1ecab50b0bbfd57efb3a9d2a0.png

fb2f439f0e1a69331a660392a21d010a.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

October 21...

The wheels have well and truly fallen off the wagon now, injuries and fatigue adding to the all round pain we are experiencing.

There is 4 games remaining to turn the tide and gain a spot in the top 4, to miss out will be super disappointing after the strong start we made. if the poor run continue, we risk dropping down to around 8th!!

Top scorer Olsen is also injured for almost 3 weeks.

db1b7f1e206371a1848c9ffc2ce7e72a.png

67ca8f01c132bc99ac4bff72c7c2eee2.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

November 21...

The final month of the season, we did manage to win 2 of our games but dropped the other 2.  

We ended up finishing in 5th, the loss to Molde on the final game didn't end up being an issue as Odds who won the cup took the 4th EC2 place anyway.

FInishing 5th should be seen as an achievement really, we are newly promoted and only needed to finish around the middle but the early season form had me dreaming higher and I actually thought we would make the top 3-4 and secure a spot in some European football.

On the player front, we were too reliant on Andrasson Olen to score goals, he did his job with 18 goals but there was daylight to the next best. Last seasons top scorer Vegard Erlien was most disappointing as he found the step up in class much harder.

8212555b59d36e5146868002c957ac39.png

4471209facf7cba459b85f5479bd8aff.png

64585a20ce7536a0d1fe0efcd479448d.png

Finances...

Despite the large transfer of Lynbo and netting around 750k for the league position, the finances are in a world of trouble. The board has given some funds to spend but this will push the balance into a very serious red hole but we do need to spend money and bring in more talent..

ad34f8da5dd526f568a75304b1c12668.png

Full Season Transfers...

I signed up a few other youth prospects in the August window, will provide more information on those in the pre-season should they look like being able to step up.

At this stage, we may have to throw all the kids in and see if they can swim for the next season, there is limited quality available on the free transfer list either...

bba6f1c9a0f2cc62927f9bdf44048b86.png

An interesting read, I started my FM21 save as Tromso too. After winning the title in the first season, I struggled in the Eliteserien before taking the Molde job after the Tromso board failed to back me.

Interesting to see that we both signed Erlien and Lyngbo in our first seasons too. 

I built my team around Yttergard Jenssen, he and Kent-Are Antonsen have followed me to Molde.

Peter Bjerke in the U19s is worth keeping around and Ousseynou Cavin Diagne from Kristiansund was a great CM partner for Yttergard Jenssen.

Good luck

1 hour ago, DasMagicMullet said:

An interesting read, I started my FM21 save as Tromso too. After winning the title in the first season, I struggled in the Eliteserien before taking the Molde job after the Tromso board failed to back me.

Interesting to see that we both signed Erlien and Lyngbo in our first seasons too. 

I built my team around Yttergard Jenssen, he and Kent-Are Antonsen have followed me to Molde.

Peter Bjerke in the U19s is worth keeping around and Ousseynou Cavin Diagne from Kristiansund was a great CM partner for Yttergard Jenssen.

Good luck

Thanks!

First season was a breeze, the squad is very good for that league.

Yttergard Jenssen was a great player but hes lost his legs now, hes actually just left my team, I tried to give Kent-Are Antonsen a go as well but Rosenborg came in. We dont have great finances so needed the funds to stay afloat.

Peter Bjerke, another I have also now just moved on. I didnt see him adding much value in the games he tried.

Good luck with Molde, they won the title in the first season but struggled last year.

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Pre-Season...

The media thinks we will finish one place lower than they did last season..

Going off our form at the end then I am not overly surprised.

901c9dec1a3e2e4bd49ac501f22ae9ad.png

First Team Transfers IN...

A very difficult and ordinary transfer window, I am finding it quite hard to bring in players of better quality as nobody wants to join us and if they do they want absurd wages.

This window was very hard, I almost feel the quality went backwards but the aim is to bring in 1-2 players each year that can be building blocks, not try and do it all in a single window.

a4336c1a0a50f877a15060830986a850.png

d85bc1bfd1875c376ece24e9faded226.png

Defenders..

Tobias Sagstuen Andrersen - 3 centrebacks left this window and we had to bring in replacements. Tobias looks ok, he's young to improve and I'll work on his physical stats. I expect him to get a few games

Nicolai Naess -Was not my first or even 5th choice to bring in but Hes the only one of moderate quality who would join.

Markus Nakkim - Originally signed to be 3rd choice but now it appears he will start for us.  He has decent work rate so hopefully that shines through and he can be tough defender for us

Erelend Sivertsen - Familiar face, he was on loan in the first season during our promotion and was one of the players of the season. We had a gap at left back and hopefully he can continue where he left off for us a year or so ago.

Jarkko Ronkko -  After Lyngbo left halfway through last season, we struggled so I am hoping by bringing in Ronkko we can have another talented player in that position.  Hes still only 17 and looks good enough to start straight away.

4a8514ca184f3ee3d08e1e95150140f2.png10558318cc4bec03ee12ebef439daf56.png

cc55e801f9b031c30b401dab9ad5a1b6.png018947dfdcf3a8093f4cbfc0855cc2a1.png

0c5f89df2ef7027a3423703eaf516a86.png

Midfield...

Sivert Mannsverk - Despite being on loan, he is going to hopefully be the key player for us this season. Signed on loan from Ajax, he comes back to Norway to continue his development.

Johannes Hakala - A very raw talent that is going play under 19s this season but he didn't cost too much and we can maybe develop him further and see how he comes along.

1569f20b9e1ca61d1ba7049a76481fdd.png9e0ea386a66cd509340489ba8a95eb29.png

Forwards...

Mustapha Fofana - He scored a hattick against me and looked unplayable when we faced him so now hes here on loan to stop that happening again and to hopefully score 20 goals this season.

Benjamin Rasmussen - My scouts found and suggested we sign him, he looks poor but for the minimal investment we take a chance to see how he goes in the under 19s.

32b42ac88d56d8afa56e235fd0897c0f.pnge87a3d01acdeb15a389d46cbc955092c.png

First Team Transfers OUT...

2 separate pictures as the January moves get added to the previous season

30ee4acb1f307e458d17b76d119c44cf.png

c6ebc3c27cdbaa875a09c0a825eb9328.png

Finances...

I've resisted the urge to spend the entire transfer budget and put us in a very bad financial positron.  There was maybe 2-3 players who I could have signed and helped us but I thought against putting the club almost 3 million in debt, I want to wait for some European games to help balance and level the outgoings more.

Probably a mistake and a catch 22 as better players would mean a likely higher position in the league but I am going to treat this season as more of a consolidation year

3be3250f476939d54a87d816cd44e1b4.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

March/April 22...

Not the best starts to the season, completly thrashed in 2 games against Bodo/Glimt and Rosenborg and nowhere near Ranheim in our other defeat. We are at least scoring goals but keeping them out is a huge problem at the moment.

At least we win our 2 opening games in the cup, now that I know the winner makes the EC2 it gives me more motivation to try and do well here. We will play Bodo/Glimt in the 3rd round so a chance to get some revenge.

05b892f0325d65862e72d43c8d4d4e2e.png\

fa36460db1001853b5c0d1f270b819ae.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

May 22...

The indifferent form continues in May, we lose to Bodo/Glimt again and they have scored 9 goals in 2 games against us.. A tough loss to leaders Kristiansund can be seen as ok.

Despite not playing very well at all, we take up 4th place and honestly I will take that for now.

Its hard to determine who has been our best player at the moment, Magnus Mattsson has look good and Olsen has 6 goals in 9 games.

ff61be28ca879c12e22a0da6445b77ac.png

528c148714380ef1f0dde076ff2797b5.png

502c46565206646ca2a4bdc3e882f512.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Norway national football team - Wikipedia

An interesting development, after wining just 1 in 8 games for the World Cup qualifiers and then starting the Nations league with 3 defeats and a draw. Norway have sacked their manager.

I was interested in having a go at this at some stage, probably just not now. I have however thrown my hat into the ring.

70832205f0fa6d5b8fe556175a8c6350.png

Update..

I couldn't resist getting to use Haaland in FM so here we are.

9d4882d011376912245e4d691ea404ad.png

6629e59786de0e72f2d26a3ee4c80506.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

June 22...

Finally hit some form in June,  we have quietly crept up into 3rd place now. Hopefully we can go on a little run and solidify our position in the top 4-5

c6c946018ac37a05dc5d8478a83a9c78.png

d9197e0fd5e8cf772b602d885441a3e0.png

Finances..

Looking very bad now actually, we are going to need to sell players soon to get back into the black

49af5ec2f2355a7565a2e59f043a14cb.png

Transfers...

Didn't really want to lose him at all,  he is maybe the most talented player in the squad but we needed the funds. The board are still generous enough to add most of this to the transfer budget, however its unlikely we are going to spend any. I think we can cover the remaining games of the season within the current squad and if really needed then I bring in some youth prospects.

9b8b226c0bcf30c6e2b46e81d6dcab7c.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Transfers...

There was a change of plans, I ended up bringing in 2 players. Also letting Mikael Noro Ingebrigtsen move on as well, he was not getting many games and became unhappy.

12f95fe329cbb2fceb2902b3e0ddc05e.png

Both players coming in are just a continuation of my plan to sweep up any available young Scandinavian talent as that is the vision I have installed at the club. They will need a fair amount of training, but there is plenty of time and we are starting to build a rather handy little pipeline of talent in the under 19 ranks.

Zahir Laribi - Looks good enough to make the first team squad, maybe a few sub appearances. He could actually be trained into a decent CM as well and I am leaning towards that.,

Kristian Skibsted - Pretty expensive but the scouts found him and think he could be good, hopefully in 2 years he can add some key attributes. 

1cbbad3ef339a509081d129a2398f5f4.png2111bad6c7b0c82dda12d8fe6812655a.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

July/August/September 22..

For some reason Bodo/Glimt just thrash us every game now, we are not even close to beating them this season. 3 games and 12 conceded. 

A back to back win over the struggling Champions Valerenga and Rosenborg was followed up by a humiliating 1-6 loss to the league leaders Kristiansund. That game was totally embarrassing and heads will roll after that for sure. We lead the game 1-0 before just totally falling over asleep, Bakamabu scored his first and only 3 goals of the season in this match.

Thankfully we do win the next game, not a convincing match but a much needed 3 points and then quickly follow that up with a later winner to beat Brann.

Honestly we are not a very good side at the moment, any points or wins are shear luck or scrappy determination. What does amaze me is that with 4 games to go, we can still win the title, thats crazy. Also Odds could win from 6th! For our last 4 games we Sarpsborg (H), Odds (A) , Molde (H) and finish with Lilestrom at home.

cd5e13f754e53a2222383c775acbcf87.png

2f2e00f58e3f5e23cbca5f92fa2eaa9c.png

10bbd5e4ae46c881081c3866c66c15b3.png

9b7bfc7fab674df1638c927ac68a2827.png

Edited by SimpleFM

I now have time to start a Tromsø save, but I was wondering which nations and league to load. I am able to load 6/7 league but only 3 nations which is a bit of a shame. Should I load the scandinavian leagues who will have similar level players or the bigger leagues (and norway) for the future in the save?

9 hours ago, Mr. VerticalTikiTaka said:

I now have time to start a Tromsø save, but I was wondering which nations and league to load. I am able to load 6/7 league but only 3 nations which is a bit of a shame. Should I load the Scandinavian leagues who will have similar level players or the bigger leagues (and norway) for the future in the save?

Good luck!

For sure you want to load in the Scandinavian leagues, maybe Denmark and Sweden? Finland is good for cheaper players but less quality and Denmark has better players but more expensive.

You could load 3 nations then add all players from certain regions?

Tromsø IL logo.svg

October 22...

We tried our best to really make a meal of October.

An ugly draw to Sapsborg, followed by a loss to Odds had us in big trouble to make a top 3-4 position. We knew that 4th would miss out on EC2 due to Rosenborg playing Stromsgodset in the cup final, the winner of the cup final takes the 4th place ticket to Europe.

On the very last game of the season, we were sitting in 4th place and playing Lilestrom who needed a win to avoid the relegation playoffs.  Molde would be playing Odds and at the top Bodo/Glimt could tie for the lead at the top if they could beat Kristiansund. A loss for Bodo/Glimt would actually help us, it would root them on 52 points and a win for us would push us into 53 points and should Odds beat Molde then we would finish in 2nd place!

3206777de6bd083278bde1f3a5edbeac.png

Enter Bakambu scoring in the 92nd minute to seal the title and leap us into 3rd above Bodo/Glimt.

3fd2fbf8a02daaf9d2bd8d10501295ca.png

A most undeserved 3rd place finish, Bodo were and are a better team than us and thrashed us in 3 games this season. However with some luck we leap over them into the EC2 early rounds.

91655a4f8738cf393f19697a4d2592db.png

02bb3d84679a92070144b1d5dd388225.png

The entire squad was totally disappointing this season, its hard to single out any player as stand out.

Attack

Olsen did his best to lead the line, at 32 hes slowing down now but can still offer something but likely as an impact sub next season. Fofana didn't take off, nowhere near the player he was when not playing for Tromso. Outwide, our best player was Kallsberg, he at least is 19 and us some upside to improve but Erlien, Solli and Wallem were totally disappointing and need to be better. Lastly at AM, Magnus Mattsson was doing pretty well for us, when he left we move Kitolano and Gronli into a rotation system and neither stood out. 

Midfield

Mannsverk did his best, he was the pick of the bunch in the middle, thankfully both Kovalainen and Solberg are still only 18 and will get better. I need to find a leader and star player for our team in this position.

Defence

Pretty woeful, Nakkim and Nattestad both averaged above 7 but only because the ball was in their area most games and they had to defence too much. All of the defenders looking terrible and nervous in all games. I assume our keepers are going to be taking a long long holiday after this season and nobody would blame them for never returning.

1bbbe285bf68ee55819794f17608be65.png

Finances...

The almost 1 million prize money has at least taken us out of the red and back into the black, the board has said we can spend a fair amount but not sure we should. It will cripple the club financially but maybe 1 season of going for it? First place nets in around 1.5 million in prize money but also starts at the very bottom of the Champions League qualifying  path. It will be a long load to actually making bank in that competition.

801377f99f9590340726209fb22dd6d2.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Youth Intake preview...

Does not look like anything to be excited about here at all. This is the first time its not been a 'golden generation' its possible then it might actually be better

586abc3776c9514b8ffc9326415d083f.png

Youth watch...

Taking a look down in my under 19s, they had a good season last year and won the National Championship.

The best players in this side, could they just be thrown into the first team and maybe see if they sink or swim?

Lets the best 5 current players in the side...

0e900bcbf817c1e96978926980f9418d.png

Blattmann - Scored 23 goals in 23 games for the team, he does not look good enough. His personality is also a major flag.

971359951b8c165b43929436bd9c9f12.png

Rasmussen - He scored 14 goals and had 9 assists. Hes a tall randy forward, he looks to have slightly more potential than his forward partner. Could be used as tall target man, try and get more balls into the air in the box

891ac0fce7087c622a96782f28e8bf41.png

Skibsted - A tiny diminutive AM, actually didnt play many games for the side last season. Hes only 16 years old, could be worth watching for the next 2 years and when hes 18 or so.

879fd13dfd1543052b3176716ac907e7.png

Sverrisson - Another forward option, he scored 7 goals in 13 games. He at least has some speed, work rate and team work. I actually dont mind the look of him, hes raw but with some training I feel we can get an backup quality player.

994028698118d0dcf073844f7cd16fa3.png

Hakala - Didnt play many games so hard to see his form, looks to me he could make a solid DM or BWM, both are positions we dont use. I could try and train him to play Box to Box, hes at least got solid physicals, work rate and bravery.

7e7aa255faeccc49c789091388e8ef36.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Pre-season...

Another 8th place media prediction. This time they have made Rosenborg the pre-season Champsions, I think Bodo/Glimt will be the winner personally.

7342e69fd95c7c9a4662e24aa4c59a95.png

Transfers IN...

I am very likely to throw caution to the wind this season and play the kids and most of the somewhat talented youth prospects.

With that in mind, here are the incoming moves, including some more youth prospects

Again as per usual, the first half of January gets added to the previous seasons total.

8f762183d51317820a1b2466801c6d63.png

132a2f614f93a1f02e03cb39d1403e8b.png

Marko Hauhia - Another Finish fullback, looks mildy promising. Straight into the under 19s

Axel Wallenborg - Hes pretty average but due to selling out both my other left fullbacks we need a replacement. He will serve as backup for now.

ebd158bf89025bdff69699c671703ae4.png6a387b3bda763d2cc9e874c8c3521d16.png

Juha Lahitinen - Yes, another Fin. There is something in this kid so he will be given some games this season, for now hes off to the under 19s to train and learn a little bit.

Rasmus Nicolaisen -  Played most of his career in the Danish Superleague, he did play 1 season for Porstmouth in league one as well. Obviously a talented player in there somewhere, he will be one of my new starting defenders.

cf0a37d71ee339d3aaa9e1ccc464d647.pngc91253a5e9fe359db8ca637a765da9e4.png

Simen Nordli - First of 3 players signed from relegated Sarpsborg, he will offer us more threat in the forward postions. Mostly likely going to start at AM

Kjetil Haug - Our new number 2 keeper, we sold our starter and needed the replacement. He should be good enough for now. He won a league title with Valerenga only 2 seasons back and was on the books at Manchester City until the 20-17/18 season. 

2afcb1011142f9fbd1e3c40eba0704f1.pnged36b091d2b124b324a18e9f8bbd6f20.png

Osame Sahraoui - A loan signing to add more talent to the outside wide positions. We were very disappointing in that area last season, it was a focus to improve.

Bjorn Inge Utvik - The 2nd Sarpsborg player to join, as our defence was also pretty terrible last season, I set about changing most of them out.

55789829ba19544d33ec7ab07f0d333a.pngcc66c230d8c4d5d79011ed53e262ced0.png

Steffen Lie Skalevik - Last player from Sarpsborg, could be interesting for us actually. He scored 17 goals for them in their relegation campaign, including a few against me. His career suggests hes a goal every other game kinda forward.

Eirik Ulland Andersen - Not afraid to sign a verteran, Eirik can be a good player for this season as well. He won a league title with Molde and hopefully his winning mentally can show up here.

b5010907d2a723dc1cec3ae7d3b2e500.png36cbfad49a30614d29b4676d669817ed.png

Jari Ruuskanen - He wont be starting games yet but Jari could be a player to watch. He scored 32 goals last season back in Finland, for now he will have a season in the under 19s

Julian Kristoffersen - I found him banging in goals in the Korean K-League, still only 25 and looks good enough to play for us. I was desperate to score more goals and he adds another option

9307e08d3461e1600b9111ee1c819dc1.pngd8cc070951982bb1f223cb347bf0e17a.png

Simen Kind Mikalsen - Simen joing from the Champions, so we added more winning mentality to the squad. He will be our starting left fullback. 

24377da060ca3c363c9d0f92e241334b.png

Transfers Out...

I let a few of the regulars of the last 3 seasons leave us this window, the money for Kitolano was too good for a player of his quality. Olsen now 32 leaves us, sad to see him go as he did score 43 goals in 80 odd games for Tromso but he declined a little last season. 

Also leaving was number 1 keeper Virtanen, there was some issues with home grown number and he was a casuality of this. Was a good solid player for Tromso, he will do well in Denmark after also getting an International call up for Finland.

Lastly, I let Nattestad go mostly pure from frustration and he was the scape goat for a poor performance from the entire defence. He has however moved onto a better league so also wins.

2bab0bfc4c757a34af0a38b09fb6d4d5.png

We start the season with a squad like this, its very young and raw looking team. I will also be looking to move up youth players as well. 

5026c96caf459ec97b299ff39d1a2e2c.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Transfers Out...

Small update on transfers, I deceided to change ideas and send a large amount of the most talented youth players out on loan.

The good news is, we negotiated "regular starter" status on all of them and most of them will be playing in the Eliteserien this season so we can keep a very close eye on them. I have allowed them all to play against us and be recalled.

57d5d62a42db6e4a58b40a671a05bbde.png

Finances...

Very big trouble here, we really need to win a few games in the Europa Conference league, its still months away from being played but the prize money per win will help.

Maybe the board will take another loan?

0717db2f7e1d9341a579e27c941d4af8.png

Edited by SimpleFM

10 hours ago, SimpleFM said:

Good luck!

For sure you want to load in the Scandinavian leagues, maybe Denmark and Sweden? Finland is good for cheaper players but less quality and Denmark has better players but more expensive.

You could load 3 nations then add all players from certain regions?

I ended up loading Norway, Sweden and Spain, although I may end up switching spain for denmark. I was hoping i would be able to get a reserve player off a team like alaves

55 minutes ago, Mr. VerticalTikiTaka said:

I ended up loading Norway, Sweden and Spain, although I may end up switching spain for denmark. I was hoping i would be able to get a reserve player off a team like alaves

Be interested to see if you can do better than I am going, its been quite a struggle to bring quality players in as I am sticking to Scandinavian only, you can also only have max 9 none Norwegians in the squad.

Best of luck!

Tromsø IL logo.svg

April 23...

Start of the new season, we have hit the ground running as well. Made some slight tweaks to the way we play and its going good so far. 

Most the new players have settled in well and they are a big reason we open with 4 straight wins in the league, Steffen Lie Skalevik has been particularly good, he has more of a killer instinct than Olsen had last season and is showing he was not just lucky last season for Sarpsborg.

Also looking like our defence is a little more stable for the moment, Kallstrom is back in goal and both new CB signings Utvik and Rasmus Nicolaisen  are shielding him well. 

8da3f5096f54a50fb0218b30649a40f3.png

8d4d5c5555642816eb3053f8181fa797.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

May/June 23...

The winning run is over, dropping an unexpected game to Stabaek and at home.

A bounce back win in the cup, we move into the Semi Final for the first time and will play our kryptonite in Bodo/Glimt in that game.

Wallem has been on fire this season, he is our leading scorer and is now attracting major interest and I fear we are going to need to sell him as well, the finances are in a world of trouble and his sale can reverse that for us.

Odds currently also having a good season, their only loss was the 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Tromso

fd2c07627ca82b56cd4e43c65dd20685.png

8bc13474ed910a589910c6c787c028be.png

28243a4ee2cbdbc0c98cbdcd48451d2e.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

July 23...

We actually beat Bodo/Glimt for the first time in a long long time! Maybe the tide is turning.

We predictably got beaten by the Champs and didn't look good in that game all. However then going on to win 5 straight was great

We now take up a clear first place in the league, scoring goals is not a problem at all, we have found our killer touch in front of goal..

fd392d9fc0dfc60afd068643136b67a5.png

ffde9aec5f1caf44b6f366455fcf3f7c.png

07732ff2c299b6edf13102d3db1df243.png

Transfers...

Well I knew it would happen, there was too much interested and he was in too good of form

The money clears our debt, still in the red slightly but we start EC2 games soon and a few wins can fix that, we added in a 50% of profit clause as well.

I really hope it will be ok, he was terrible last season but has started hot this season, I will try both Solli and Erlien there and try to replicate the success.

f6ea7d518576796741209f0c12ca1726.png

68bc56ac959ea447e05308dee32b0078.png

Europe..

We will take on the Macedonian powerhouse Sujeska Nikisc, one thing that could be handy about Norway is you start the season well before most leagues so we are in full swing and up and running. This may help us against harder opponents to come.

d9a77bcf2384bc029037037c1f648077.png

Edited by SimpleFM