FM 21 - Tromsø IL

SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

October 25...

We clinch title number 3, first time we have won the title in October and I am happy about that. I can now give some reserves a chance to shine in our last 4 games.

In the Champions league, we were so so close to getting the upset win over Barcelona, stupid Jonathan David scored a late equaliser to save their faces and after 3 games, we sit rock bottom and very likely we are going to be staying there, probably need a result at home to Brugge to get anything from this campaign.

On the home front, Valerenga and Kristiansund are in the battle for the 2nd Champions League spot and at the bottom the struggles continue for Molde, sure they wont go down will they??

2783e336ce03fd3138556ca46080cfea.png

60a7722480eead2143de395c449dfa55.png

a2002b2145c8ff17dab0046743e2ab79.png

54bf2068d981100c0d0661c7726e05c1.png

4aa39dd11c942bfed4937613548ea1ca.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tromsø IL logo.svg

November/December 25...

Finished on our best ever finish in the league, I thought we were going really well but the 2 games in the Champions League proved we still are a very long way. Brugge thrashed us again, this time at home. We led 2-1 at HT and was looking good for a Europa League spot but they scored 3 goals in 10 mins at the end and beat us easily.

We did manage to win the domestic treble, easily taking care of Odds in the final of the Cup, Tjaland continued his amazing season with 3 goals

Good season over all, just have to keep on building up.

Huge news, Molde have been relegated, this is the first time they have ever been relegated.

7d01fbd4dda569deb61b243ad12d44c9.png

45e794dd23b6921b72c23deee4b6d367.png

c9d75fc40cf0a68fbb4caa679037fa61.png

Defence...

Linde ended up taking over the number 1 between the posts, neither ended up giving really great performances to be fair. I will be moving on Virtanen and replacing him with our prospect keeper Felix Ytternes. I have also spotted another young prospect at Valerenga, he was their first choice all season at 18 years old and performed well.

The loss of Forsberg was felt, Reitan was farily decent in covering the loss but he looks suspect going forward and promoted youth player Emil Palsson needs more time. I may look at a stop gap solution to help here to allow him more time to develop. On the left side we saw Wallenberg regress his output from the previous 2 seasons but Stromberg is starting to mature nicely and at 18 can really start to get more games and be a player for Tromso.

I had issues with my CBs all season, 1 is too slow, 1 is too short, 1 is tall but cant winner a header and the other has poor work rate. The young ones have time to learn and improve, I dont imagine anything will happen here and I am maybe need to help them tactically to get better as well

Midfield...

Tagseth was our best CM, he just has to control his anger as he got sent off 4 times last season, now with Kitolano gone I got more games into Laribi and Kovalainen and they showed some promise but nothing to suggest they are the future of the position at Tromso.

We have our massive youth talent Jon Ivar Bentzen getting more and more games but his physicals are still bad and will need more time and training.

I am toying with a 3 man midfield for next season and therefore have already signed 2 players to come in and add depth and I wont rule out a sale from this current batch

I think Skibsted will be taking over the current AMC position that Nordli has mostly had first choice off, I rotation them around all last season and Skibsted was looking better and hes got more upside.

Attack..

The attack was all about one man, Albert Braut Tjaland

Scoring a massive 44 goals and could have had more as he went missing in a few games as well. I suspect this next season will be his last here, there is huge interest in his services and obviously a massive bid will be hard to turn down.

The left wing Kallsberg continued to play well, scored less than last season but that role has been changed to a traditional winger. He may now shift over to the right-side, depends if I can bring in a solid left winger.

On paper Erik Osterdahl is our best player and biggest prospect, hes another I dont think will be here much longer as the every elite clubs are looking at him. Thankfully hes just signed a new deal so they need to pay up big if they want him.

Sadly, I think this is the end for Solli and Erlien, while they are both still serviceable players, they are not he quality I need to call upon if needed in European games. At best they would be decent lower table players. I would rather play a raw talent that needs game and training but has plenty of potential over them now and because of this they will both be moved on.

246ab63106ea03358958e9bee9898791.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Club Updates...

Plenty of cash in the bank for us now and the board has armed me with a nice budget to use as well.

I dont need all of that and have asked the board to spend more money on improving the overall wellbeing of the club and thats what has been done this off season.

The future is bright here in Tromso, its just about small gains each season on the path to domination......hopefully

61e589524e47baf497280d3b5b8d0fdb.png

More Youth Facilities work, we continue to lead the way in Norway. I want to secure all of the best talents possible and we need the infrastructure in place to do so.

We also decided to throw more money into the training facilities as well

c74c2ca2d63f0b1d9ae7cce3a44860d8.png

4474e17a6c0110816271bc5935368f00.png

The board is also going to add more seats, this time adding another 5k odd. We only just finished the last upgrade and will be playing on reduced capacity yet again. With 15k seats, we will have the 5th largest stadium in the league and will be getting close to hosting our Champions League games in Tromso and not Rosenborg.

404b2df44e5c63e898cb9d3c364643e6.png

We are now the most reputable club in Norway, well kind of equal with a bunch of others but we are listed first so I am saying the best.

9acabf6680dcb4670b8aefeb7328e26a.png

We are starting to get some of these records ticked off as well,

Still a long long way from Rosenborg and their 26 titles and I may never get there either.

I really want to get the 0 defeats record, Rosenborg did this in 2010 so I want to match this at least and then I want to take their record for most wins in a row (11) and games without losing (33)

cf2bef2800b0b137fd3a46618a506523.png

Edited by SimpleFM

6 hours ago, Number seven said:

Molde has been relegated before, they were down last time in 2007.

Other than that love this thread, hope you make TIL the greatest team in Europe!

Oh my bad! Totally missed that, I obviously didn't look hard enough.

Greatest team in Europe will take some time, unless I change my approach and draft in the South American regens.. (won't happen)

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Pre-Season...

A fairly similar pre-season and transfer window to the last.

16 new faces at the club, however only 4 of those will join the first team and all are replacing or upgrading players who left. The other 12 players are all youth prospects. I tend to wait around until around mid February when the new intakes land in Scandinavia and go hunting for new prospects.

I also continued with sending players on loan, most of them to rival clubs in our division. My thinking is that they will get better with playing first team vs youth league and I always ensure they are sent out as regular starters.

0d3f0dfe5e0baeabac8eb9723c6cb4ad.png

4c6da9443f88cc8ab43d008e6ff0df17.png

Players IN...

Filip Ronningen Jorgensen - After Kitolano left we were a little short of quality in the middle, Jorgensen has had a few decent seasons at Odd and joins just as hes about to enter the prime years. In the 6 games I've played into the new season hes scored 4 goals and added 6 assists so its fair to say hes hit the ground running. 

c38cdd26362d816aee0dd37fec5c3062.png

Syver Aas - I honestly only signed him because Kovalainen was transfer listed and I accepted bids for him. I just hadn't  thought about the fact he could reject those offers. So now I have an over stock in the CM positon. Its not the worst problem to have, hes a talented player and will add value to our squad. At the moment I am still playing only 2 x CMs and we have 6 quality players for this area so its going to be an interesting season trying to make them all happy. I am still going to try and make a sale or two when I can in the next window.

88210862da5e3b7e4cbe7c4c4b350bf4.png

Simen Alexander Santos Lynbgo - A player I sold around 4-5 seasons ago, he went to Gladbach and then to DInamo. I needed a fullback option and I have a great up and coming player in my youth side but hes not ready. I see Lynbo as a great back up and stop gap until hes ready to move up. 

f801382ea932c3996e573819532519ec.png

Herman Geelmuyden -  Herman will be the most interesting of the incomings, he scored 27 goals in the league last season for Kristiansund and was just behind Tjaland in the goal scoring chars. I decided to bring him in because I want to future proof myself for the possibility we may have to move Tjaland on at some stage soon and we will be without a quality player and I also want to make the crazy decision to move Albert Tjaland down into the AMC position. I use the AMC as a shadow striker and I think he can do well there. It seems insane because he scored 44 goals playing upfront last season but I also think Geelmuyden is solid player and using them both together is the way forward.

I thought it might also help slow down Kristiansund who have been a thorn in my side but they went and signed a 19 year old wonderkid forward from Ecuador to replace him...….

44d2a3b9d5b24064695ef879a88cbdac.png

Youth Team Promotions...

With the departures, I also needed to plug a few other gaps. There was nothing interesting around on the local market so we make the bold decision to promote from within the club.

Here are the new faces in the squad but players being promoted from our under 19s.

Felix Ytternes - Will be our number 2 this season, he returns to the club after a full season playing in the Eliteserien for Kongsvinger last year. I plan to give him around 10-12 starts this season with a view to becoming number 1 next season.

fefad828df45952c0814620f4bf22e13.png

Bjarki Por Haroarson - Very raw talent but hes got speed and we need that. Controversy hes going to be replacing a player who leaves us and a player who's been here for a fair while. In youth we trust!

67fb77e62571722736b7e13831dddb3b.png

Juha Lahtinen - Another raw talent with speed. He spent a season with AaB in Denmark on loan and returns to us now to be a weapon from the bench, hes got some poor stats that need to be worked on and I cant see him being a super star but I will use his speed to exploit the slow defenders that Norway seems to have plenty of.

186634e1a5912ff6afca0420126bcc72.png

Players OUT...

Some big names leave us, big names for Tromso that have done well and been here a few seasons anyway.

Vegard Erlien, a good player but below the next level we are looking to reach. I cashed in while he still have value.

Also leaving but on loan was Sivert Solli, I am going to make the left wide player a traditional winger and his right foot wont work. I could have moved him to the right but he would be 3rd or 4th option over there at best.

Last major departure was Otso Virtanen, he came back to the club and help us through a jam but its time to leave again and this time for good.

There others were just loans or players not worth keeping

3028531eb0ab1dff9b2f5fa7792c5eba.png

23117e814cb7cfde82f4583a7593a9b2.png

Season 2026 Squad...

A very young squad this season, I let a fair amount of experience leave but its the future we are thinking for and I have faith in the kids.

f5195bbc5d4f057de6387db3149354c0.png

Finances...

Still a decent bank balance considering all the club upgrades and stadium expansions

Another Champions League run will double that. Also very very well under the 362k wage budget.

551ab56677dddbe8f26d920edd083d09.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

March/April 26...

Here we go then, another season here in Tromso and another season of expected progress as a club

4 from 4 to open up the campaign in March, including another win in the Mesterfinalen, we now become the equal most winners with 3 trophies in this competition and can over take Rosenborg next year.

d62ed181b9305e8ff99104cf7e497814.png

A heavier schedule in May saw us play 7 games, we win 5 and lose another. The loss to Ranheim was quite shocking, its yet another loss to the team at the bottom of the table. I also used a basically full first team in this match as well.

Because of that result, only made minimal changes for the opening of the Cup and didn't play the reserves or youths as I would normally and the players responded with a 16-0 thrashing of Solberg

New signing Geelmuyden has started very well, leading the team for goals as he settles into his new club

e5b9c0b24602bc803e05ae26b5b45819.png

In other news, the Eliteserien has moved up 5 places in the competition rankings as we edge close to getting automatic group stage pass in the Champions League.

On the club front, we take a 10 place leap into 65th position. Its a good sign, it shows are moving in the right direction. I need to make some strides in Europe this season, either by making it out of our Group in the Champions League or by taking 3rd place and having a run deep into the Europa League.

d2ba2171f6f3152d47f152228bd308e9.png

58f4be61afa7148d48b98f87ffb2b5a2.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

May 26...

May was an up and down month, we started the month very well by thrashing Start twice and then Rosenborg but then played out 3 straight draws.

The issue that has playued us for most of the save is keeping clean sheets, we score goals fairly easily but always concede and the manner we concede usually 1)  A cross into the box 2) A winger cutting in diagonal inwards goal and scoring from an acute angle or 3) A rapid forward running through 3 defenders up the middle.

All is still ok, we are on top and just the single loss so far, its our best start to the season yet and our tandem due of Tjaland and Geelmuyden are free scoring for fun at the moment.

Kristiansund continue to surprise and annoy me, I was certain after we signed Geelmuyden their 27 goal scorer from last season they would regress but no, they found a wonderkid from Ecuador on a free transfer to sign and reload again to be a thorn in our side.

0c14cb61e63117268c19a096810bd614.png

1fd4ff3650acdb02865c35aaf0f08f37.png

Also the rest of Europe is coming out of their summer breaks now and are shopping for bargains, at the least the hotels in town will be busy with all the scouts and managers who are vistiting

Tromso has 16 players who are currently be converted by bigger clubs in bigger leagues, I am doing my best to hold on to them. I will accept a bid that is a realistic transfer but at the moment they are mostly all offering the value and to me thats unrealistic and a fine example was a bid of 2.4 million for Albert Braut Tjaland

5f8416ac04f232c88369487607ef0db5.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

June/July 26...

June and July were threatening to be hard months, I totally forgot there was a World Cup and the Eliteserien would play games during this period.

At this point we now have quite the large continent of Norwegian and Sweden Internationals so the squad was decimated, both nations would call up players for the friendlies before as they worked out their final squads and it was looking pretty scary for the selection front in our games ahead.

Thankfully they only missed 2 games, it would have been 6 but both Norway and Sweden failed to win a game and finished rock bottom of their groups

Suprisingly it was a fairly straight forward period, we actually played some of the best football we have all season, I also started my transition towards a modified system to try and have more sturdy defence, all indications are pointing towards that being a success.

aa04c16a6117a0646639898bb4295678.png

How embarrassing for both nations...the single goal Norway scored was from Tromso player Tjaland.

Maybe I need to go back and help Norway again (They sacked the manger again)

719607de8b802c638f617c9ece44f80f.png

8c86047b934187c290cf1549188cabc1.png

Next month we jump straight into the Champions League playoff, we will face familiar foe as we have been here before against the Austrians.

We won 4-2 on agg last time. More of the same would be appreciated.

c7e1547f62f7102804d99f58e7182046.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

August 26...

We take down Salzburg again, however a much tighter afair than the last time we played them. The 2-1 win at home was not ideal,  I thought we would need to score at least 1 goal in Austria but our defence held firm and we ground out the 0-0 draw to send us.

The group stage draw looks promising as well, it might give us the best hope yet of securing a 3rd place and moving onto some European football in the new year. I'd like to aim for at least 5 points, so a win at home to Kiev and 2 draws, if that happens and Kiev only either at home to us or beat us, then they should finish on 3 points and we will have enough finish 3rd and move to the Europa League the following year.

In the league, 4 very comfortable wins, and we are well clear by 10 points and 10 games to go.

f3b2ecb9394a50947d990a021399e639.png

cba2cc6f640119312170e3c39e6cec6e.png

d83a323997d7f81c99d2b1c292408535.png

162d46b8210ac62fb864f589597408d2.png

Transfers IN...

I took the liberty to spend a little money in this window, 3 more youth prospects will join the fold and 2 of them look interesting enough to enter the discussion for next season.

02d1dc6298a317ff8031ac67317e2ac6.png

Henrik Soderberg - A 19 year old forward/AMC from Sweden,  has a few interesting stats and is somebody we can work on to improve. I see him more of an AMC than a forward. Ideally he will spend a season out of loan as we have a few options in that position right now.

8c103f82d2d6fb7cb8794db3c88a3c2d.png

Tonni Amtoft - Another versatile looking player, the 17 year old looks a fine prospect for CM type role but again its another area we have well stocked in. He will spend a season on loan and have an evaluation at the start of the following season

0f2e9ff140227abb51ea5a1faaafcd20.png

Transfers OUT...

Also finally leaving was Anton Kovalainen, hes headed over to France, I added a 20% profit clause on the off chance the French manage to unlock his talent and somebody bigger comes in

9577f9c4a57c8a5ae92bf6673d408398.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

September/October 26...

Massive win at home vs Kiev, in the 92mnd our CB Hove stand up and heads home the corner. Vital win, even more huge when we battle out a draw with Juventus at home in the 2nd game of the European season.

On the domestic season, we are knocked out of the cup. I sent a weaker side out but still expected to win it, I wanted fully rested players to line up vs Juventus. Stabaek has beaten us a few times before so its not a deal in the gran scheme of things.

9d120cc39c84218f48c75043188f04e5.png

Another massive draw vs Athletico, actually we played so well in this game. Tromso go down to 10 men in only the 7th minute, and then in the 79th minute we lose another player and have to finish with 9 men. Our new found defensive ability is starting to show its fruit.

After 3 games in the Champions League, we actually sit 2nd and its looking very good for at least a 3rd place finish.

e622da148fdfd5473b48717ba6e1fe9b.png

Only 4 games to go now in the league, we are 12 points ahead of Kristiansund and have already been confirmed for at least a top 2 finish.

I am hoping we can maintain the single defeat but also I am going to rotate in the reserves for the last 4 games so I can see how they play and if they will continue with the squad for another season.

2c1c03ce31119f6c4bf989bb52df1d56.png

72fbd8ec238ed9e5be0224e35aac1d8e.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

November/December...

Time to finish out the season now, obviously we will go on and win the title again and make it 4 straight but really its about playing in Europe in the early part of the new year.

Another epic game against Atletico Madrid, they would win this one but they didnt deserve it. They scored from a corner and then Frank Kessie scored in the 93rd minute to give them the most valuable of 3 points. Its however going to be ok, Juventus did their part and beat Kiev so we are heading to the Europa League at the very minimum. We would need to beat Juventus in the last game and hope Kiev can do something vs Atletico but sadly it didnt work out that way. We lost another tight game to Juventus, this was also much tighter than it looked and the needed a penalty to really secure the win.

I've been happy with out defence lately, I made a shift to using a DM and its paying off well as it has helped us keep clean sheets while still also scoring many goals

ef34012b93c777b6dfea4ba91190ca71.png

No surprises here, we win 4 straight titles, Rosenborg won 13 titles in a row between 1992 and 2006 so there will be a long way to take down that record. They also won 4 in a row from 2015 and 2018 so we at least equal this and Viking also won 4 in a row a long time ago.

83cb37c7af080a49610e9eb3dca50486.png

Despite only the single loss, we still dont break our own record of 76 points. We had quite a few draws this season. I will say however its an improvement again this year, the only loss we had was to the rock bottom Ranheim who only won 3 games all year...

c02bf73c739b56d31fa44d659be178fc.png

The only player to not average in the green zone  from the our preferred starting 11 was our left CM, there was nothing I could I do about it and no matter who it was and what role they played they never really got going.

Defence...

Felix Ytternes took over the number 1, Linde was just costing us too many poor goals and he will be leaving. I have already secured his replacement. The future will be bright in our GK ranks as well, Ytternes and our incoming player are both currently in the senior Norwegian squad.

Hove, Nilsson and Palmqvist all rotated through the CB positions, I only used Utvik in the cup games and when there was an injury/fatigue pile up and I expect him to also be leaving the squad this next window. The most pleasing aspect this season was our defenders started to get us goals, I spent some time to focus on our corners and set plays to try and give us and edge in harder matches where goals are difficult and it seems to have worked, our central defenders added 14 goals between them last season.

The fullbacks were again an area of strength, Wallenberg and Lynbo were constant threats in most games and added 18 assists between them alone. Their output did go down as I switched from Wingbacks to Fullbacks during the season while chasing a better defensive stability.

Both backup fullbacks Stromberg and Reitan were also solid, however Stromberg refuses to lift his average above 7. 

Midfield...

Filip Ronningen Jorgensen was by far the most outstanding player in the midfield, he really ran the show for us and his passing and long range goals were a joy to watch. Its just a shame we couldn't replicate this success on the left side and his partner and this something I want to focus on resolving over the break. I think the players are good enough but it needs some tweaking and exploring some more.

I moved to a DM during the season, we had to sacrifice our Shadow Striker, I also didn't really have a player suited to that position and Tagseth was asked to do it, he did pretty well actually and managed to rack up an impressive 11 assists while doing so. I think those were mostly long passes over the top but it will do.

I dont foresee any major departures from this area but I am not against letting a player leave either. I will however be looking to secure a proper DM so I can free Tagseth and stop him complaining about playing in that role.

Attack...

The main man Albert Braut Tjaland, interesting season for him as well. I started him in the AMC postion as Shadow Striker and he was doing ok but not his usual output but when I ditched that role he then moved back to leading the line. His output was down this year because I didn't play him in the weaker games where he could pray on those defenders and he also played 13 games less this season. Still however with 24 goals in 30ish games its a very good season. The challenge is now going to be keeping him. Lucky for me, I have decent weapon in reserve. Geemuyden was great for us, he played 25 games and scored 18 goals and is very capable of scoring many more. Hes a different  style of player so we have to adjust his role when he plays, hes more of a protypical poacher due to his size and if he had more speed he would easily score 40 goals

On the wings Erik Osterdahl was sensational, hes probably the best player at the club really and his return of 19 goals was good. Probably not going to be able to keep him forever so I want to do as much damage as I can while hes here. 

I also started grooming the new Finish International Juha Lahtinen, he was average mostly but did show some flashes of his ability. He is not ready to take over that position on the right full time yet.

On the left, Bjarki Por Haroarson was the main player used and he did ok. Hes still very raw and needs time to develop, I could look at using Lahtinen there as well if I wanted. 

cebb2656e7ee622cb0465449a384193c.png

134b974ef7e094bf3e959e64b6ddd5e5.png

So Rangers are our draw, another team we have played and defeated fairly recently as well.

I would expect we can get through them and into the next round.

e6a9faf79cb1ee65b6058878686c80df.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

March 27...

Im in the middle of my pre-season and having to negotiate this tie during some interesting times for the club (more on that later)

In truth we played terrible and probably deserved to not make it through, however do sneak into the next round

c6215166851d69f34249b594256444f3.png

Next up is a date with Atalanta, again on paper it looks winnable. They are currently 5th in Serie A and winding down their season.

We will need to play far better than we did against Rangers, I tried to get a few friendlies in before to get us up to speed but its caused more harm than good with a few injuries.

4bab5e4ade41b9f1752446b1a948e711.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Pre-Season 27...

Might as well rip the band aid off

The pre-season was all about 1 transfer and that dominated the news and headlines in Norway

Albert Braut Hjaland departs for China.

I didn't want to sell him obviously and all the Chinese clubs came knocking and it created a bidding war. Initially the bids were in around 30-34 million but I was getting annoyed and so was Tjaland. So when Guangzhou came asking again, I cheekily said give me 70 million.

They obliged and now we are down our big star

0173c39c89db54ba1f2ee22da42ed87c.png

Transfers OUT.,..

Interesting but he was not the only player to leave and not the only player to China.

Both Nordli and Bjorn Inge Utvik will also be following him to China and to Guangzhou, it was time for them both to leave and for Tromso to bring in better players,

The other familiar face to leave is Sivert Solli, hes another player that won titles and helped us get where we are and we letting quite the amount of experience leave this window.

05e48c039b80cffc230691d9cb2c82d5.png

Transfers IN...

In terms of players coming in, it would have natural to take the riches we just received and go on a spending spree but sadly there is limited available on the local market who can make us better. 

So only 2 players will be joining the first team, one is a goal keeper and the other is DM for when we use that system. 

I am a little worried about the depth in the region to be honest, there is basically nothing left that can help us and I scour the youth intake days as well and the last few seasons its been awful. I was not able to locate a single forward that could come in and help us, 

The window is still open and I am actively trying to bring a few more players but the season is about to start now as well so time is running out.

18c0a56013b1dbe79942729c57b66308.png

cd602166b26b1dd789ca807527c35907.png

Kim Scheele Moe - I actually signed him 12 months ago but let him play the last season at Valerenga. He spent 2 years as their number 1 and has been capped by Norway as well. He will go into a direct competition with fellow youngster Ytterns for our number 1 spot between the sticks

0ed4c5f96e0ec78e05e6eed1fce6a646.png

Wilmer Albrektsson - Really not the best player but the best DM in all of Scandinavia that would actually join us. I wanted a specialised DM for when we need it and he will have to do for now.

9ac1a7c31e42d82e50cb51f83b7d644b.png

Youth Promotions

There was a serious lack of players that we could bring in, I needed to find a forward and backup DM so I was left with no choice but to promote players and players who are not exactly ready.

Henrik Soderberg - Hes going to have to be our backup forward for now, he not the best either but with some training and game time he should turn into a serviceable player.

The situation is dire in the region with forwards, I did find a decent player who would have been perfect but as hes at Napoli, he was not willing to join us.

1ff3cf4c487c64045b5f9df129cf7bba.png

David Efremov - Will serve as our back up DM, hes also pretty raw but hes only 17 and honestly better than 95% of the other available DMs in the region

6a62c8c6dadee2949d043e194b393f22.png

Club Upgrades

We did invest the new funds into the club yet again, I didn't ask for a stadium expansion this season. I want to see how we go with the new 15k limit we have.

I also upgraded all our coaching staff to 5 stars

607305946d7db6d5ae5801bd7a425e1d.png

d1bd788501f16e34a1a627bcc9217b7b.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

March 27..

Atalanta catch us cold, honestly we were rubbish in both of these ties and still came close to winning through,

After beating Rangers on away goals, this time it was Atalanta's turn to do the the same to us.

We struggled to create and penetrate their backline and when we did the quality to score was not available, we just looked rubbish against both Rangers and Atalanta.

I am thinking because the bigger leagues are at the end of their seasons the teams are carrying all their fitness and form and we are starting the engines from an almost 2 months break. I did play a bunch of friendlies before, around 4 games before Rangers but quality teams were not available and we had to settle with playing really small sides that we thrashed.

I think if and when there is a next time, I need a better plan to get the team up to scratch

185f7506ae5b6ba0aa2f30c65900a28e.png

We did manage a winning start to the domestic season, again winning the Mesterfinelen against Stabaek. Was not the most of convincing of games either as we had to use a 68th minute penalty to relax a little bit

dbbe95fd4926875a64c1f9f9198931e2.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

April 27...

What on earth, we lost 2 games in a month!

The loss to Brann was total BS just look at the stats, the plucky little guys score with their only shot on target and we battered them the entire game.  

The good news is, in the last 3 seasons the teams that beaten me have all been relegated so good luck Brann.

I dont think Rosenborg are going to get relegated but they are on a run this season and opened up with 5 straight wins to be 6 points ahead. Maybe finally getting a challenge?

88e4002e1be8eb0cd4786d343604f324.png

25e102b71ec36e8ed85b3795620f90e6.png

Transfers IN...

I got a little nervous and entered the market. I am trying to turn Henrik Soderberg into a forward but hes looked terrible and I was not sure I wanted to count on him as my back up.

Danny Ziegler - Looks fairly talented, i think he can serve us as well as backup for a few seasons and possibly in the future could lead our line. Hes a similar shape and mould as Tjaland as well.

219e045ca63d010cace29c89c57bb9e8.png

86a10a7d2bf13e38daaad31a48c3f090.png

While I was there in Copenhagen, I spotted another player we liked

Sabri Benzarti - I lacked some depth down the left and left footed players so made the move to grab him. He will play this season in the under 19s but will be watching him close

2d7de893bd21f69949a2aad801a665c4.png

a32ad05c805063d84cf517601bd28b4a.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

May 27...

Our form ramped up at the end of April and into May

I really wish we could play those Europa League games right now...

A few things helped, I tweaked Geelmuyden roles to suit his style, I was trying to play him the same as Tjaland and it was not working so hes now going ok as a Pressing Forward.

I also moved Tagseth back to DM, much to his disgust as well but hes far more solid there than the new signing Albrektsson for now. I think he needs more time to settle in etc

d920d70bfbf10e9297aba64a351d2951.png

After 10 games we take our rightful position as the top, Rosenborg have started well and at one stage were 6 points ahead of us but they lost a couple of recent games.

b6e29e4a4260ed827e16b65ab397999f.png

Herman Geelmuyden has been great for us, hes taken over the leading forward position and now that the role has been tweaked hes taken off.

With 23 goals in 19 games so far, who said we would struggle without Tjaland!??!

387cb2ff6531417df33350e2543c513d.png

Transfers OUT...

There was also a last minute departure, Zahir Laribi will head to England join Burnley.

I felt the money was too good and we have options here anyway.

348dec81dcc0825390fa1ec9436a44c7.png

In his place, I have decided to promote from within

Tonni Amtoft - A young player who I think can end up being a better player than Laribi, not quite ready for games but will make a few sub and possibly a game or 2 at the end of the season.

0606c51dbd9e9b0bca5d1ba7ce609344.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

June/July 27...

I sent out a weaker side in the cup and it cost us the victory, we go down on penalties to Valerenga. As per usual I dont really mind, its just a few less games for the backups to to get and they will no doubt be the most disapointed.

3 from 3 in June in the league, we are in decent form through this period as well. 

8ffddb60b5a77a502ccd58eaab219772.png

Usually in July we have Champions League Playoffs, but this season we are directly into the Groups so we dont have to bother with that anymore.

Still however we saw our form waiver in the games to Viking and Molde, I used my none preferred 11 in those games and it showed

At least took some revenge over Rosenborg beating us earlier this season

58fd0f1e3795493e0b6b35f43f457f8b.png

3f43f8e85715e6c34f00e97ef8dda6b5.png

Champions League ..

I like the look of this group, I think there is a winnable 9 points here but now  that I've said that we will not win a single game.

3rd in the group is the goal, also be a good test to see if we have improved since last season vs Atletico Madrid.

5c3a6bcd5d750989a3005d2c1e0f1532.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

August/September 27...

Poor old Kristiansund, they are having a bad year this season but its not helping I keep stealing their players who do well. They took a 6-1 thrashing from us to round the league month.

Champions league again this month, familiar enemy Atletico are in town and we take a draw again. We played very well and positive in this match, nowhere near that level in the away game to Ajax. I honestly thought we could have a chance to win that before the game started. 

8817430a65dc46046befa37dc62511a8.png

This is going to be a nightmare when the window opens..

e92b388b5dd47891a3665ae7cbc9a919.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

October 27...

December was a frustrating month, we had 4 draws in a row. It really hurts when your main forward is running cold and he cant score. We created lots of chances but putting them away was a challenge.

The away draw to Dinamo could be killer, I was banking on 6 points against them..

2269e469ad332dd8b09154159e0c07aa.png

November 27...

Title number 5 in a row, ended up being comfortable in the end. We did finish with 72 points, one less than last season and still 4 short of our own record of 76. It was however our best year of the defensive side of the ball, we concede just the 18 goals and thats a new record for Tromso.

Also we are now closing in on Rosenborgs record of 33 without losing, we need to start hot next season and we can try and take that from them

The Dinamo game was almost a disaster as well, was basically our 5th draw in a row until we scored a 93rd minute goal. That was a huge win in the overall bigger picture.

4e4694f24d1d22d4dfec07959c79b366.png

1c1054592416958127a7abc7f8f306e9.png

December 27...

The last game of the season was a none event, nothing would happen either way and the players on both sides didn't seem to care as it ended in a bore draw.

We ended on 6 points, who knows what might have been if we got the double over Dinamo.

Ajax went on to win the group, they actually won the Champions League only 2 seasons back as well

b6fc3c5f970f82faea80dabb559daf92.png

fcee8519657068d6af01dcb6b90f38b0.png

Another fabulous season for the players, almost of them played well.

I did take the below after selling a few players, so those guys are missing from the list and there is bonus points for guessing who has left the club!\

Goalkeepers..

Tromso are blessed with the two best talents in the land, Kim Scheele Moe ended up taking over the number 1 but the new 'Wonderkid' has be great and is now a full Norwegian international. Its probably bit harsh an unfair on Ytternes, he was our number 1 last season but hes a year younger and his ability is just slightly below Moe, I will look to give him a little more than 13 games again next season.

With both of them so young so we are well stocked for the future here, however its also an area of strength in the nation as they have very strong depth in this position.

Defenders...

I ran with 3 specialist CBs on rotation, I used Wilmer Albrektsson as a 4th choice as he can play there and DM for us. Hove ended up being more used, hes probably the best of the 3 from him, Nilsson and Palmqvist and they all chipped in a few tidy goals as well. I am still searching for my Virgil Van Dijk player to join us but there is limited quality on the local Scandinavian market. The best CB in this region is a lad from Denmark, hes currently playing in Holland has has zero interest in making the move north.

Midfield...

This season I used 2 x CMs and a DM as a midfield 3 triangle. 

It worked in that I wanted to be more defensively solid, the 2 players who rotated in DM being Tagseth and Albrektsson did fairly well in a very thankless role. Tagseth has the corner duties so his rating is higher from the assists, he also can play left winger as is his favourite position and was good there as well.

I never could solve the left CM issue and I tried all sorts of role and setting, Aas was again pretty terrible there, Skibsted was about the same but did score a goal or 2 and Bentzen despite being one of the best players in the squad and it being his prefered position only managed 1 goal in 16 games with no assists.

At least on the right we have Jorgensen who played well again, his assists are well down on last season but he still added 5 and scored 9 goals.

I have already made the decision to move away from a double CM and use just 1 and the 1 DM next season, no point in having a passenger in the 11. I will be going with a 2 forward system and I've been working on it for most of the season.

Attack...

Its not often you can lose a 70 million pound forward who scored buckets and buckets of goals and yet still continue to score just as many..but we did.

Herman Geelmuyden stepped up into big Albert Braut Tjalands shoes and finished with 39 goals in the end. This is only a little bit short of Tjaland and his 44 goals from 2 years ago.  Both Ziegler and Soderberg failed to impress in their limited chances, I think Soderberg was because hes being retrained to play there and Ziegler because hes new and still very young.

Outside we have our 2 'wonderkid' wingers

Erik Osterdahl playing in his favourite Inverted winger postion on the right, was again our 2nd best scorer with 19 goals and also 10 assists. The more traditional winger from Iceland is Bjarki Por Haroarson and he was our leading assists man. I would love him to break into the double digits on the goal column next season if possible.

1cfcc87c1011172b6f22d7ebeb0cff6c.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Preseason 2028...

Welcome to season number 9

Apologises I dont seem to be making the progress in Europe as I would have liked but this season is another year. We start with Europa league KOs and need to make it to the quarter finals to advance from our previous progress.

If you have been reading this then I will continue the challenge forward

Transfers IN..

Despite having a very large transfer budget, I resist the urge to go crazy and spend it all and actually in truth, none of the below are even first team players. I spent some money on trying to gather up yet more of the most talented youth players around the area and 6/6  of the incomings will head to the under 19s or on loan. I am still waiting for the Haalands and Odegaard type quality players to come through, I do think we are now getting the best of the Norwegian regens through our academy because every youth intake day I check every single club in the top 2 divisions.

I wont lie, I was very very tempted to throw away my 'Scandinavian Only' rule. I spotted around 6-7 South American regens that would instantly change my side and give us a chance to do damage in the Champions League. I also saw a Polish defender that will probably turn into one of the greatest all time, and hes only 16 with minimum fee clause of 2.7m....

I held firm and maintained the course.

385de78555bfe059211770e21db06d42.png

c46c2c954c8d33f5d861e479f15c154b.png

Transfers OUT...

Players out is where things get interesting.

I moved on both our first team right fullbacks, I am trying to bring the squad into the same age bracket together. The theory is they will grow and peak together, we have decent funnel of talent in the youth ranks and I want to give them a chance so we can find more diamonds in the rough and hopefully unearth the next superstar.

I also let Aas go, never saw his potential and we are going to play with only 1 CM this season so had to reduce the numbers.

4bef66b80d4d083e2bb17428a715662c.png

2f088117f0898ae5b0e9246dc132401e.png

Promoted Players...

Emil Palsson - Has been in and around the first team for a few seasons but now he gets his big chance as the first pick fullback

9a88902fc537793bd2f6b6bdc09db70c.png

Matias Aittola - The back up for the right fullback spot, hes 2 years younger than Palsson and can still improve

eedb2870f396c8c0f0555aa86947b777.png

Fredrik Biseth-Owe - Now we have 2 fulltime DMs and a DM/CB so we are covered well here now. Not sure who is getting the first crack at the spot, probably Efremov so I can free up Tagseth to cover other spots.

cc68d71d72a1127eeef6708bc86aeeb1.png

Tonni Amtoft - Yet another CM talent, he can cover out wide and up front as well.  With limited spots available and a few players who can play and want to play then we need somebody to stand up and take charge. I think there is a decently talented player here and he just needs time.

01844c7594ecf44bfdb7f872ad5bbef3.png

Tactic...

I will be starting with something like this for the season ahead, as I mentioned I am not having much luck with a double pivot so why bother wasting the spot? I will move that forward and use 2 forwards for the first time, actually I never use 2 forwards so its a new thing for me as well in the last few FMs.

The DLP will be our official playmaker now, not sure who will get that nod there first.

All a bit of an experiment for now, especially the roles of both forwards, also we have to use Inverted Winger in most game on the right as our best player there is left footed and I suspect we may get out numbered and overrun in the middle. 

61f5134aeac051520b987cde434498ab.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

February 28...

Had to include the Europa League fixtures as part of my preseason efforts, I actually played 4 more before those as well so we would be well up to speed.

It helped, we crushed the Champions of Sweden 6-1 on aggregate

Very interesting but our 2nd round opponents would the Champions of Denmark. I am officially  dubbing this the  'King of Scandinavia Trophy"

0ef5c9329e25ef30baf44b15fd0bbead.png

a9b409b68fd94baa1e1531872fcf6f7c.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

March 28...

Superb start this season, win yet another Mesterfinalen and then thrash Kristiansund and Brann to open the season.

We have pilled on the pain to Kristiansund in our last few games, no exception here either with our front 2 forwards scoring 5 goals.

Against Kobenhaven, we cruise to a nice 2-0 win at home and then leave it very late to secure the 2-2 draw in Denmark, it was not convincing at all but all that matters is you make it along.

e049bae9ba619ad6bed0c3d8eaad7c06.png

Next up is the Portuguese Champions

They should be far tougher than the last games, hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves and not get thrashed.

0ac3ecacf6cf2edc37d7939b77e8c9d9.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

April 28..

Really hit the thick of things in this month, we played a massive 9 games in total.

Sadly this is where our Europa League run came to an end, Porto just had a little too much quality for us but we gave them a match in both games. They would win both 2-1

I the league, we are 8 from 8 and this is the best start we have ever made to the season, both defence and attack are playing well, we have now taken the record for wins in a row and most games without a loss. Its actually helpful we are playing so well because both Brann and Stabaek have just lost 1 games each (against Tromso) so we need to be on our game.

Routine wins in the cup, using the "B" team

I have now also just noticed the Euros are back on and will be played through June to July. Of course the season in Norway keeps playing on as well, Tromso currently have 5 players in the Norway squad, 4 in the Swedish squad and 3 in the Finland team all selected. Good times ahead!

9821f32376690ce4df8d67f4132e8d3a.png

2120542d94ef2594cdc60de4cdfd4f0e.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

May 28...

Basically the perfect month, 5 wins from 5 games and no goals conceded.

The two up front system is really firing on all cyanides now, Geelmuyden is the main threat and Soderberg his normal partner has come along leaps and bounds

12 from 12 has me dreaming of the improbable 30 from 30 wins

5ea4b96050a88b79406b6e452dacff81.png

ac4bb56a2671658923e15234c85b983f.png

AUGUST 2020 UPDATE

A very good start to the season. 9 clear at the top, playing a 4-3-3 gegenpress. 

FIXTURES AND RESULTS

won every game except draws with ull/kisa, Lillestrom ( i think) and Ranheim before suffereing a shock defeat to stjordals-blink. We bounced back with a 3-0 win with Kitolano as a false 9. We unfortunately have a concerning habit of blowing leads late in games, often to one of the opponents few shocks.

PLAYERS

we have a very good team, with azemi and espejord the top 2 scorers in the elitsieren, Yttegard Jensen is a hero with the highest average rating, most assists, and has just generally been impressive. Our goalkeeper is a bit leaky, conceding practically every shot he faces, so I might be looking for an upgrade. Will show a screenshot of my starting XI soon. 

Transfers

IN

1 player- Oumar diaby, mali international who came in on a free transfer in order to bring experience to a goalkeeper group where the oldest is 23. hes only played 1 game, but played well and got a clean sheet. he will probably start next game.

we also have some end-of-contract signings done from other leagues, which i will cover when they arrive

OUT

a couple of players on free tranfers and an old player who was never going to get into the first team

5 hours ago, Mr. VerticalTikiTaka said:

AUGUST 2020 UPDATE

A very good start to the season. 9 clear at the top, playing a 4-3-3 gegenpress. 

FIXTURES AND RESULTS

won every game except draws with ull/kisa, Lillestrom ( i think) and Ranheim before suffereing a shock defeat to stjordals-blink. We bounced back with a 3-0 win with Kitolano as a false 9. We unfortunately have a concerning habit of blowing leads late in games, often to one of the opponents few shocks.

PLAYERS

we have a very good team, with azemi and espejord the top 2 scorers in the elitsieren, Yttegard Jensen is a hero with the highest average rating, most assists, and has just generally been impressive. Our goalkeeper is a bit leaky, conceding practically every shot he faces, so I might be looking for an upgrade. Will show a screenshot of my starting XI soon. 

Transfers

IN

1 player- Oumar diaby, mali international who came in on a free transfer in order to bring experience to a goalkeeper group where the oldest is 23. hes only played 1 game, but played well and got a clean sheet. he will probably start next game.

we also have some end-of-contract signings done from other leagues, which i will cover when they arrive

OUT

a couple of players on free tranfers and an old player who was never going to get into the first team

I think you accidentally posted in the wrong thread mate. 

Enjoying reading this. I've just finished my first season with Tromso myself having started out with Karlstad in Sweden and then moved to Norway for the 2025 season. They finished 5th in the first Division in 2024 on my save, but my promotion odds were 1-20 so it's fair to say they've been underachieving! I don't think I share any players even with your starting squad, but have a number of high quality Norwegian newgens who I'm just about managing to hold on to! I'm hoping to challenge for European places next season as we're way too strong to only think about survival.

12 hours ago, Jaketomsett said:

Enjoying reading this. I've just finished my first season with Tromso myself having started out with Karlstad in Sweden and then moved to Norway for the 2025 season. They finished 5th in the first Division in 2024 on my save, but my promotion odds were 1-20 so it's fair to say they've been underachieving! I don't think I share any players even with your starting squad, but have a number of high quality Norwegian newgens who I'm just about managing to hold on to! I'm hoping to challenge for European places next season as we're way too strong to only think about survival.

Thank You! 

Glad you are getting some quality regens, I am yet to hit the lottery with those, I've had to import from the other Scandinavian nations.

I dont think there is any of the original team in my squad, not for a few years now. 

Tromsø IL logo.svg

June/July 28...

Through to the semi final of the cup and another 2 wins in the league to take us to 14 from 14!

02861b4f3439301774b3ff0ea9945b21.png

Well July is where the run came to and end and it was to our closest rival, fellow Artic club Bodo/Glimt

Still 41 is a new record, taking out the previous 33 from Rosenborg

We did bounce back and win the next 2 games so we start again on the run.

153f2eb65c31244f01865e43b90ad2b9.png

ffb59105fc2229232f43a82c50cc2e31.png

With a 12 point lead, it would seem we are heading to title number 6 in a row, as expected really.

I am just most annoyed to have lost a game, I was aiming for the perfect season

47741cd343f0c1001f2a6814f5330d54.png

Our Champions League draw is out now, looking to be very tough group as well.

PSG are rocking a front 3 of Mbappe, Haaland and Fati

5740b239b3ec639dfe524707e86999c0.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

August/September 28...

We lost a game last month, we draw game this month as the first since a mini wobble are showing. We needed a late goal to salvage the draw.

To make matters worse, we then lost to Bodo/Glimt again, this time in the cup. They are the only side to look like beating us. I was actually trying to win the cup again this season and I wanted to have a treble season and it had been a couple season since we last tried and won it.

Champions League also started this month and its been a frustrating start.

Game 1 vs Inter - We outplayed them, they scored a goal in the 84th minute with just about thier only shot on goal and steal the draw

Game 2 vs Schalke -  The only other team I have managed in Fm21 so far was our opponent here. The game was very even, we edged the possession, shots and shorts on target but we gave away a penalty and they scored it to win 1-0

10d223c116bb049e653c59b24046454d.png

Transfers...

I moved on Wallenborg, he was just continuing to ask for a move away and it was bugging me. He had moved to the backup role this season anyway and we have a fine prospect that can be promoted (as per usual)

1439531a42581c96db9b0098170173aa.png

Promoted Players...

Mike Williams - Will move up and be our backup left fullback. Hes a Swedish born USA national hence the most none Swedish name ever.

51c76847bdcda6be70d62aa1899af89a.png

Also being promoted is a defender, we had some injury and fatigue issues in defence so he will add cover. 

Juli Viktorsson -  He looks to be decent prospect as well, I can see him getting a few games to aid his development

3fe20493ba2bb40ce2131a3bb63b0b19.png

Lasty, we also decided to ask the board for more seats, we had been getting close to capacity in most games and with now playing home games in Europe in Tromso we could use the extra income.

a9498b7ccdc4e19a13145ce8670ab77b.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

October 28...

Not the best month at all, in the league we knocked out another 2 unconvincing draws. Our form has dipped since our Europe campaign started, probably my fault as well for not rotating or resting enough

Lets talk about the Champions League double header vs PSG

Game 3 vs PSG - Fairly even game, they probably were better value for the win but they also scored from both their centre backs and both were from corners. This is from the side bosting Mbappe, Haaland, Fati, Havertz and Dembele

Game4 vs PSG -  Another mostly even game, they again got the win and this time scored from their terrifying front 3. Haaland scored on his return to Norway.

I am not too upset from those matches vs PSG, they are elite and we stood with them toe to toe for the most part.

We are now however on the backfoot to make it into 3rd place and play in Europe after the New Year.

74b389d22e55eadfed9b09434b512b95.png53bef03c6ef563719127c4f813ef6226.png

ef2055ce16844c37ea119144b742dfd5.png

9 hours ago, SimpleFM said:

Thank You! 

Glad you are getting some quality regens, I am yet to hit the lottery with those, I've had to import from the other Scandinavian nations.

I dont think there is any of the original team in my squad, not for a few years now. 

image.png.c83108cea1032810d3722870c3e86516.png

Not sure it's going to be a good intake this year however 😂

Tromsø IL logo.svg

November/December  28...

Another loss to Bodo/Glimt, its somewhat amazing they beat me 3 times this season and all 2-1, infact they played well in all 3 games too.

Unbelievable. Lost only 3 games to Norwegian sides and all 3 to our biggest rivals.

We lost another very tight game to Inter as well, confirming our 4th place in the group. they scored with a corner from a central defender as well. We probably need to work on those...

We did manage the single victory, in the nothing game of the group but needed a 91st minute goal to secure it.

e9251b7d2a2beb12a1295e2473dd7717.png

d58f20540c8655d2fc2e67ad50aa07ec.png

In a way, this was maybe our best campaign in the Champions League,  we only won the single game but we were competitive in all the matches.

If we can just have a little more luck, defend corners better (that cost us 3 goals this campaign) and take the limited chances we get, we should be in a better place next season

40e09690287f91fa7538b266885bc7ad.png

Other than the 2 defeats, our league form was sensational and I dont have much to complain about. 

We scored 102 goals, conceded just 19 and finished with 78 points and all are records for the Eliteserien

182f96e719ce4e2788ecc3fb4d1c159a.png

Tromso 2028 Squad...

Goalkeepers...

Both were good this season, I tried to rotate in Ytternes in more games but he only ended up with the 10 games again. He does appear to be seemingly ok at the moment with that.

In surprising news, we have another in our under 19s, he came through our academy and is now 18 and spent last season on loan with Lillestrom and hes just been called into the Norway squad for their upcoming games...One to watch.

Defenders...

Hove again was the main player picked here and was again decent for Tromso and his usual partner was Palmqvist. 

We started the season with 2 new right fullbacks, both played well and did enough for me to not worry about this for the next window. I was disappointed to see Palsson didn't average in the 7s but he seemed to play ok and did add a few assists. I changed the role for both positions from wingback to fullback this season as well so I was not expecting the same attacking output of the previous years.

Im trying to decide what to do with this area of the pitch, I started with 3 specialised CBs, then promoted the 4th option in Viktorsson to give us cover. I actually dont really need 4 of them, we have Biseth-Owe who can cover as a 4th option if needed. I suspect that we will probably let somebody move on from this area.

Midfield...

I was too over reliant on both Bjarki Por Haroarson and Erik Osterdahl on opposite wings, we had hardly any cover for them and they played fatigued in many games.

Tagseth is actually a viable left winger option, he played well when asked and Juha Lahtinen was added 9 goals and 5 assists as well but we need to get more from these areas and I need to add cover.

In the middle, well the DM does his job and I used a few players Effremov was the most used, Albrektsson and Biseth-Owe also played there. I will be moving on Albrektsson, hes not a bad player but 3 needs to become 2.

My idea to have a DLP in the middle of the park who would run the show was a mild success, I still found the players bypassing him and none of the players did REALLY well. I also have too many options here, so 1 and maybe 2 of Jorgensen, Bentzen, Amtoft or Skibsed will be departing the club in the window. I am also going to try a role change any try a the Roaming Playmaker and see if that helps to unlock the middle of the park.

Attack...

This season I used 2 up front and it paid off, Geelmuyden scored a huge 54 goals. He was unstoppable at times but was also supported well by Henrik Solderberg and Danny Ziegler. Together they scored 88 goals between them all.

I cant remember ever having a forward score this many goals before, I thought I would struggle when Tjaland left us 2 seasons back but Geelmuyden has been a great little find. Hes still only 26, so I think he will only keep going and we can use the time to bring up the other younger players over the next 2-3 players.

b5c635a219da4675fb9e160b2dd7f32a.png

Here is the season in full for Herman Geelmuyden.

Normally I wouldnt have looked a player as hes too short and I dont like his work rate for how we play but I cant really argue with the results.

He now has more goals than games for Tromso

65378ea77908e0a1ab6fa7f938fcedab.png

1bfa3c9b9d57643a79aaecd28de2c080.png

9922f01dd259e1fde3a95ca357e27aa3.png

0c078bc960ea323282f95a85dd3a13dc.png

On 05/02/2021 at 20:07, SixPointer said:

Didn’t realise you got 70m for mini Haland. First season been good for me. Then went in a huff cause I wouldn’t loan him out even tho he was in and out the first team 

I didn't have that problem with him, he was thrown straight in the first team at 19

Yeah 70m, I feel like I could have got more as well because they snapped at that price pretty easily.

39 minutes ago, SimpleFM said:

I didn't have that problem with him, he was thrown straight in the first team at 19

Yeah 70m, I feel like I could have got more as well because they snapped at that price pretty easily.

Yeah he was in the team. Just in his contract deal I said I would load him for development. And he wanted to even tho he was playing 🤷🏼‍♂️

24 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Yeah he was in the team. Just in his contract deal I said I would load him for development. And he wanted to even tho he was playing 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hes still scoring goals over in China as well

Looks like hes maxed out his attributes now as well

366c7cf467acaf3ee74b60d8fda66077.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

Pre-season 2029...

The upcoming season is my 10th as Tromso manager, I want to make it the best ever season as well to celebrate. The big question is will Tromso break Rosenborgs record 26 titles BEFORE winning a European title?

A small recap of the last 10 years.

15 trophies... 

7 x league wins (6 in the Eliteserien and 1 in the Obos-Ligaen)

6 x Mesterfinalen (Cup and League winner VS match basically the same as a the Community Shield)

2 x  NM Cupen Cups (league or FA knockout style)

Europe adventures...

Europa Conference League Semi Finals - 2023/2024

Europa League 2nd Knockout Round - 2026/2027

Europa League Quarter Finals 2027/2028

a55f90585775f9571a15030fd519a452.png

The club before...and after

Stadium...was 6,859 and now 19,500

Training Facilities... was Good and is now State of the Art

Youth Facilities... was Great and is no State of the Art

Junior Coaching... was Good and is now Exceptional

Youth Recruitment... was Excellent and is now Exceptional

35b899573447314774ec635f60070884.png

cbb4521ed8199d1c410e849ee0eee980.png

The season ahead...

Transfers IN...

For the first team, not a single transfer was made but I did sign a few players that are added to our talent pipeline in the youth teams.

I dont expect any of these guys will make the step up this season but I will asses again at the half way point.

a20432faeb25ab248a05028e3643b83a.png

10e5d9b946b570246ac7fa231fa6b5a0.png

Transfers OUT...

I didn't want Sabri Benzarti to leave but he refused to sign again for us and left on a free. Its shame as he did cost 3m only a couple years back and was close to moving into the first team set up.

Wilmer Albrektsson was moved on, I had 3 DMs and wanted that to be only 2..it was a simple decision really.

I also let Axel Wallenberg leave, he had been a great servant for the club but it was time to move onto a younger and better player in Mike Williams, he was promoted last season and has impressed.

The biggest name to leave was Filip Nilsson, I never liked him but he was a decent player for the club over a number of years. The 12m we received was too good to turn down, more so when I have a few every exciting talents on the verge of being promoted into the first team.

bd395755b892847cbda368af642c57bc.png

e2055efa18d5056fcb1b8c6eed31773f.png

2029 Squad...

Its a smaller squad this season, I will just tap into the under 19s if we get stuck on injuries and fatigue.

There was one promoted player for this season

Ebou Jadama - Hes got rapid speed but wouldn't be able to jump and head a ball to save his life.  My plan is to use him for this season from the bench and see if we can just utilise his speed to break down games

13d964673cc3020278ee769bc4a20234.png

95b05b0bfc4e46d48a258b002505c555.png

Tactic Changes...

I've also made changes to our tactic, its quite the odd setup but I want to give it a try. 

The idea is the low block from the WBs and DM and these allow the attacking wingers to move forward with freedom. I also am sick of the AI wingers destroying me, I wanted to block those as best as possible, I have asked the Wingbacks to sit more narrow as well, this should help form a block of 3.

I ditched the DLP from the middle this season as well, I've noticed the Roaming Playmaker appears to be more mobile and will track back deeper and also get to the edge of the box to support the attack so the RPM to me looks more like a DLP/B2B hybrid.

Our attack was devastating last season and I didn't want to touch that too much but one change I want to make is swapping the F9 to the PF. I am hoping this will cause us to win more balls back quicker when we lose it up top and then switch on the attack ASAP.

Lastly, I moved to a more narrow approach when in possession. This was again done to help us appear to be more tight and compact and also trying to see if we can suck the opponent into the middle more, where we will have strength in numbers. If it works, then I think it will then create more space for the wingers to run or cross with hopefully limited players near him

e34c7dac45c04df1695f8d45583b3ead.png

Staff Changes...

Off the field is where I have made the most major changes to the side.

After 9 good years together, I decided to sack long time Assistant Manager Sami Hyypia. The Finish legend and I had started to disagree on things, he was also making the players upset with his media out bursts. I also thought I needed to get a better man to be my number 2 and help us take the next step.

So I welcomed Jose Mourinho's long time prodigy, I wanted to learn some of the Mourinho Ball tactics

Welcome Joao Sacramento!

fb19ee6b2664ac69e23c01f3be4fc4c0.png

I also hired another 2 high profile staff members to help us move the club forward, I wanted experience and I wanted some flair...

Welcome Julio Baptista and Neil Critchley!

Both bring loads of experience, Julio brings the flair and on field experience and Neil will try and show us the ways of Jürgen Klopp and what he learnt under him at Liverpool

477eecb2f373fb2694907069c8007df3.pngd2dfda537308fa75e0fcff49233193b0.png

I was very unhappy with our last 3-4 intakes on the Youth Setup and decided to make a change here as well

Welcome Nils-Ole Schwermann!

Hes a regen staff member who is god like is almost everything. I would have liked him as my assistant manager and coach as well. Infact hes got better stats than my manager profile so he could just take over my job as well

e93ab4650d09f1d44707da0d56ee52b0.png

Edited by SimpleFM

Tromsø IL logo.svg

March/April 2029...

The debut of our new more narrow and compact formation started well, we dispatched Stromgodset for yet another Mesterfinalen trophy.

We also blasted Ranheim 9-0 and a 12-0 win the cup, our biggest wins to date. We concede just the single goal in the opening 4 games of the year.

670c51a6356c5e84cb044cbee3968d64.png

May 2029...

May brought 4 wins and a draw in the league, the defence is still looking good and our attacking output is basically on par as last year.

Asker surprised us, they are the first team this season to score 2 goals. I decided I wanted to win the cup again this year so we are using a fairly strong team even in the early games.

=120e48971334ebd4aae65e8218c45bf8.png

9 games in and we have 8 wins, 1 draw while scoring 29 goals and concede only 3.

Main man Geelmuyden has continued his form of last season, hes on track for another 40-50 goals this season. Hes in his prime now so his powers are at full peak.

50969b2185d78c63123b2a3e456bdb16.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

June 29...

In June we had to face the only side who beat us last season, Bodo/Glimt went on to beat Tromso 3 times last year.

We again meet in the Cup so its another 3 games against them again this season.

Thankfully we have exercised some of the demons and thrashed them in the cup and then again just 4 days later. Was glad to shake that monkey from our backs.

The draw to Haugesund was disappointing as they are not a good team but at least it was a 0-0 draw.

37c694171c0fe235284f4cb4d2e4f956.png

Some our performances to date have just been perfect, I wanted to suffocate the opponents and that is exactly what is happening.

Most sides are resorting to long range shots just to break through our wall.

The real tests are to come however, we need to show improvement on the big European stages.

d866d389aaac2090db4e30b1f65cfd5c.png56a71b803d41b202eca8956f1621f02b.png67b3cae18abeaa14e64f745c26c37111.png

77f0fb6403a1bb0100bcb714438e9c01.png51bd5134065126c18682dc0c8cafb388.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

July 29...

Another dominating month in July

Tromso scored 18 goals and conceded only the single goal.

Already 15 points clear, basically over at the halfway stage now. 

f9fb30b4e656da12103713ad927299d4.png

f5c19c22b33e3c2054b131ec392d537a.png

August 29...

4 more games in August, again our rock defence is holding firm and concede just the single goal again this month.

The quest is on now to go unbeaten AND keep the goals FOR column in single digits.

64 and 6 at the moment..

10 games to go!

613d725962d31a64054dce7f8d347ecc.png

63aad5c2cd2cbd1ef0822e60591c2613.png

Champions League...

Interesting draw, I am feeling positive about this group.

I have played all 3 teams before as well, so we have some experience. I obviously need to get the 6 points from Dinamo and then hopefully take 2-3 points from Benfica. 

9ba7c65e49d6b483d0549160033fa373.png

Tromsø IL logo.svg

September 29...

Tromso hit the road for their first match of the Champions League this season, we came away with surprising but nice victory over Benfica. 

Also in August we had the semi final of the Cup, knocking out Haugsland this time. I want to win the cup again this year, its been a few since we have tried for the domestic treble. Stabeak will be our opponent in the final.

Another 3 routine wins in the league, Molde did make us work for it however with only a penalty and late goal secured that win

547513b74a900d2b9731dad45ad442cb.png

The win over Molde did secure title  7 in a row.

Just 5 to go now and we can equal the 13 in a row from Rosenborg. It seems so so far away............

01dd85b3116b69632bf6395833be15a6.png

October 29...

Well well well...back to back wins in the Champions League? and a 6-1 thumping that we are not on the end of.

Then a draw with Juventus! That was a very entertaining game as well, not many teams can score more than 1 goal against our suffocating defence.

abe5bdffda6b3ab887d1788b93e94dc6.png

After 3 games, we are sitting on top of the table! 

It appears we should already pretty much confirm a top 3 spot now as well as I assume we should at least win the return game vs Dinamo Zagreb.

b8472faefe9ab6027ba2c9430d76441c.png

4 Games to go now, I am really trying to get the unbeaten season and a bonus for single digits in the goal FOR column.

91504cced0116181195ef3d86dfaf6c8.png