Tromsø IL logo.svg

November 29...

Beating Juventus away is one of the results of the save, the Italian giants are a superb side and take 4 points from the 2 games against them is a great step forward.

Followed that up with a home draw to Benfica, we are now unbeaten in 5 games of this season Champions League and only the last game away to Dinamo is left

There is 3 more games to go in this season, 1 more in the league vs Valerenga and I need to win to complete the unbeaten season. We will then play Stabeak in the Cup Final and try to win the domestic treble and then lastly we travel to Croatia to take on Dinamo Zagreb and look to secure top spot in the group.

a1cccc9603d501246b87ad094eaac956.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tromsø IL logo.svg

December 29...

Unbeaten season is complete!

Easily dispatched Valerenga to unsure we didn't lose a game all season and then we win the cup to secure the domestic treble.

Also, we remained unbeaten in the group stages of the Champions League, we will take on Atletico Madrid in the next round.  

Fantastic effort all around for the team

dcf41872400429589b3bb7b3e433e8ce.png

cec4fa3366ba95f0430c920f580e78cf.png

Well down on the 102 goals score last season but we also conceded half as many, all my goals were met this season.

Fredrikstad will face a playoff to try and stop being the yoyo club of Norway. It would ideal if they could stay up as having the bigger named clubs around makes it look better overall. I also was thinking if I got bored of Tromso, I would head there and save them.

469df20d5031e0cb6f60c3f380701c4a.png

b8472faefe9ab6027ba2c9430d76441c.png

Atletico are a familiar team, we have played them 4 times and yet to win so far but we are now also a far better team the previous games we have played them.

f5c939113dea072ea30d22b2e78ce956.png

Goalkeepers...

Nothing different this season, I continued with Kim Scheele Moe as the number 1, still only 22 and should be the number 1 for many years (pending a super regen coming through)

I may look at selling Felix Ytternes, hes too good for a number 2 spot and I have a decent enough alternative in the youth ranks.

Defence...

The biggest change in defence saw Juli Viktorsson become a major fixture at the back, he played the most games and both Hove and Palmqvist were used on rotation next to him.

Also Patrik Larsson was promoted from youth setup, he will serve as the 4th choice but actually looks like a major prospect and could get more games next season.

All 4 of the wingbacks performed well in their "lockdown" roles, I will probably be looking to move on Emil Palsson and promote a player to replace him.

Midfield...

Both of our DMs played well, still no clear favourite with either Bisteh-Owe or David Efremov but the latter does seem to like to score goals despite it not being anywhere near his job description.

I will be selling both Edvard Tagseth and Ronningen Jorgensen, I have no need for either anymore and there is better players in the under 19s who can fill in when needed. I will being using both Amtoft and Bentzen more heavily next season as our playmakers.

Outside, our dynamic wing duo of Erik Osterdahl and Juha Lahtinen were again superb for me, contributing not only assists as required but a fair few goals as well. I am also very lucky to have a 3rd very good winger in the squad, Bjorki Por Haroarson also added 11 goals and 15 assists. 

Attack...

Herman Geelmuyden led the way again for Tromso, just missing out on back to back 50 goal seasons but he also played a lot less games this year.

His partner was mostly Henrik Soderberg, he chipped in 23 goals and also used on rotation was Danny Ziegler and youth prospect Kim Fischer. I like Fischer actually, hes a big tall and strong player so he gives us another style of player to use up front. Its for this reason that Danny Ziegler will be sold in the next window.

667f85421d4b961e797c724b1540f08a.png

AUGUST UPDATE- TROMSO IL

We are going up!

FIXTURES

Dissapointing defeat mid-september, but we went on a win streak, are 11 points clear at the top and playoffs are confirmed. We have fixed the problem of conceding late on.

PLAYERS

A big part of not conceding late on was oumar diaby, who impressed in his performances, and now karlstrom is injured, diaby is set to play for the rest of the season. Discovered sigurd gronli, a young attacking midfielder who has been pretty good so far. He was a fm hidden wonderkid a few years back, and has helped form an attacking 4 of kitolano, gronli, azemi (who signed on a permanent deal), and michael noro ingebrigsten. Lasse nilsen has forced his way in at left back, lars saetra has come in at centre-back and there is a new right back whose name I can't remember. Azemi has scored some goals for 

TACTICS

Keeping with the gegenpress for now, but I am beggining to wonder if we should start to stifle opposition opportunities, and get it to the attackers using the double pivot of yttegard jenssen and Opsahl.

TRANSFERS

We signed a player from ostersunds. I can't remember his name.

On another note, the actual elitsieren is starting soon, so I will be tracking tromso's progress in real life