Is this offer for real?

Bit of context here, I am 8 seasons in, a regular Champions League team and title contender.  No players are unhappy about leaving for bigger clubs.  The player is question is a regular starter, think his contract says important player, he is worth £74 million, has 3 years left on contract, isn't really that interested in leaving for the bidding team,  but still they've come in with a bid that is essentially 1/3 of the player's value (and in installments at that!) - is it genuinely a tactic or could is be a transfer bug?  See image:

2129076697_Screenshot2021-01-06at12_45_17.png.164e94a7f6f0281203927c4127dc366a.png

Just out of interest, I tried negotiating to some kind of level that would make me let him go - Chelsea just signed Ihattaren for the price I am quoting and there have been 13 in-game transfer above what I am asking, so not massively beyond the realms.  This is where they topped out.

945537300_Screenshot2021-01-06at12_54_56.png.49a6e824694e3c71fc3f3cbe5b5801c0.pngo

Edited by Geordieboy52
Adding info

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, cris182 said:

They are trying to unsettle him so that he asks for a move at a more reasonable price 

Like @cris182said, the team is trying to unsettle the player so the player asks you to leave so the price will be less expensive. 

8 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

Like @cris182said, the team is trying to unsettle the player so the player asks you to leave so the price will be less expensive. 

Is this a real life strategy, though? Just making absolutely disrespectful, time wasting offers, and being completely non-negotiable to paying a fair price?

I can't imagine many businesses run their operations like this.

33 minutes ago, ljpm said:

Is this a real life strategy, though? Just making absolutely disrespectful, time wasting offers, and being completely non-negotiable to paying a fair price?

I can't imagine many businesses run their operations like this.

Many times in real life you hear of a team hoping a deal can be made for a player, Reading between the lines they are saying they won't pay the current asking price but hope something brings the price down. Maybe they make a low bid maybe they hope the player kicks up a fuss

• SI Staff
55 minutes ago, cris182 said:

Many times in real life you hear of a team hoping a deal can be made for a player, Reading between the lines they are saying they won't pay the current asking price but hope something brings the price down. Maybe they make a low bid maybe they hope the player kicks up a fuss

Arsenal with that famous Suarez bid with 40M and a pound is a prime example. 

2 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

I get you work for SI, but theres clearly a problem with transfers in the game. I've posted 3 images from one player. I've had to turn down about 20 bids this transfer window that are never ever going to be acceptable. Here's the latest, utterly ridiculous, offer....

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

He's a first choice central defender for me and im getting offer after offer below his actual value.

Edited by jimbo22

2 hours ago, ljpm said:

Well, you never know what goes on behind the scenes with this, since it is unlikely teams will make it public all the time. But you always hear about players being unsettled at team X because they want to go and join team Y. It is not at all unusual.

For the OP. If your player has 3 years left on his contract and does not want to join, then just reject it and ignore it. The player will not get unhappy, and even if he does you have 3 years on his contract so he will get over it long before it becomes an issue. This is why you should always keep key players on long contracts, it makes them difficult to pry away by this tactic. I would imagine in this case financial clout might come into play as well as reputation. It is difficult to say, but Man City can probably out-wage almost anyone. 

5 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

I get you work for SI, but theres clearly a problem with transfers in the game. I've posted 3 images from one player. I've had to turn down about 20 bids this transfer window that are never ever going to be acceptable. Here's the latest, utterly ridiculous, offer....

What year are you in? To know how long is left on his contract. The less time on the contract, the less teams will big because the more pressing it is for you to not have him unsettled and not signing a new contract. Other than that just set an asking price for the player, this does discourage lower bids. If they player is on a long contract just ignore it. Worst case is he will be unhappy for a transfer window until the interest dies down. 

4 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

What year are you in? To know how long is left on his contract. The less time on the contract, the less teams will big because the more pressing it is for you to not have him unsettled and not signing a new contract. Other than that just set an asking price for the player, this does discourage lower bids. If they player is on a long contract just ignore it. Worst case is he will be unhappy for a transfer window until the interest dies down. 

Im in 2022, I just signed him 6 months ago and he has a contract until 2025. Ive had an asking price of 30m set since clubs started offering these stupid fees. Hasnt made one single bit of a difference.  Its been a problem for years, sadly and is excused year after year with "ah but the club is trying to unsettle the player".

4.PNG

1 час назад, jimbo22 сказал:

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

He's a first choice central defender for me and im getting offer after offer below his actual value.

I feel your pain

If there are any (even suspected) issues found - please post them in the bugs forum with a save from just before the offer. That's the best way to report them and have SI look into it.

51 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If there are any (even suspected) issues found - please post them in the bugs forum with a save from just before the offer. That's the best way to report them and have SI look into it.

The issue that im talking about isnt a bug, its been an "thing" in FM for as long as I can remember. It seems that SI doesnt see it as an issue, unfortunately.