Jason Cummings

Mackem742

Hi all,

Started off my Sunderland save at the weekend. Currently top of League 1 by 8 points in January and its mostly down to this guy, 24 goals in all competitions so far, he really is excellent. Obviously he probably is well known to people, especially fans of the English lower leagues but he is excellent for a lower league side. Im hoping to get promoted to the Championship to see if he can do it in that league. I know he has played for Forest before but his record was poor. He has done it in the Scottish Premier League for Hibs too.

Biggest shock for me was that he is only 25, he seems to have been around for ages. I picked him up for cheap and Id recommend him to any teams in League 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Just to correct you here, he scored all his goals for Hibs in the Scottish Championship. Didn't do much for Rangers in the Scottish Premiership.

Ah sorry, even so my point still stands, he can do a job for teams in lower leagues.

16 hours ago, Rich4115 said:

I bought him in for my Bham city save for backup to Scott Hogan. Hogan got injured and Cummings came in but didnt cut it in the championship... probably a good lower league player. 

Hmmm I was hoping he would make the step up but may have to start looking for an upgrade. Ill probably keep him around as backup.

20 hours ago, Mackem742 said:

Hmmm I was hoping he would make the step up but may have to start looking for an upgrade. Ill probably keep him around as backup.

That’s your call to make, I wouldn’t just go off someone else’s post on this forum. You have no idea how he’s being played, what tactic or role is being used. Your game is unique and you’ll get so much more from the game if you trust your instinct and go for things with certain players than go against what you’re seeing in your game because one other person on this forum hasn’t had the same success. 

1 minute ago, Gunner 101 said:

That’s your call to make, I wouldn’t just go off someone else’s post on this forum. You have no idea how he’s being played, what tactic or role is being used. Your game is unique and you’ll get so much more from the game if you trust your instinct and go for things with certain players than go against what you’re seeing in your game because one other person on this forum hasn’t had the same success. 

Oh yeah Id make my own call on it. Ironically enough Im getting to the closing stages of my first season now, promotion looks a certainty (24 points clear of 3rd with only 27 points to play for) and he seems to have downed tools for a few games, the last 3 or 4 games he has had a 6.3/6.4 rating and no goals scored, its his worst run so far so I have criticised his recent form.

I've signed the Cumdog each year since FM14 I think it was, always a beast with great potential but I think this year he's more of a solid lower league player. I've got a huge soft spot for him and I'm sad that it didn't work out for him at my team, Rangers.

I'll just leave this here as well...

• 1 month later...
On 17/11/2020 at 19:19, Rich4115 said:

I bought him in for my Bham city save for backup to Scott Hogan. Hogan got injured and Cummings came in but didnt cut it in the championship... probably a good lower league player. 

Lined up him with Hogan and so far so good. obraz.png.c0e77f1d5801e850d23f37c6551a754a.png

180 k , not bad.

Edited by Kostropaty