Everton

valliant68

Started with Everton for the first time,after i improved my staff i transfered some wonderkids.Papetti-Gnonto-Gavi-Iturbe-Lutke Frie.

Loans are Ferran Torres because the team needs a good AMR - Tyrick Mitchell and Josh Sargent.

Sold Besic and Tosun for 18M,trying to get rid off Bolasie-Delph and Walcott for more budget.

Got 13M left and i'm looking for a quality striker to rotate with Calvert Lewin.

So far i've won at home 2-0 against Brighton (Sigurdsson - Lewin goals ) and 2-0 with my reserves against Fleetwood for the Caraboa cup.

It's a good balanced team to manage,i'm from Belgium and only do Belgium and England saves,liking FM2021 so far.

Been playing this game since the beginning they started with manager and it's amazing how far this game has come.

Edited by valliant68

34 minutes ago, valliant68 said:

Started with Everton for the first time,after i improved my staff i transfered some wonderkids.Papetti-Gnonto-Gavi-Iturbe-Lutke Frie.

Loans are Ferran Torres because the team needs a good AMR - Tyrick Mitchell and Josh Sargent.

Sold Besic and Tosun for 18M,trying to get rid off Bolasie-Delph and Walcott for more budget.

Got 13M left and i'm looking for a quality striker to rotate with Calvert Lewin.

So far i've won at home 2-0 against Brighton (Sigurdsson - Lewin goals ) and 2-0 with my reserves against Fleetwood for the Caraboa cup.

It's a good balanced team to manage,i'm from Belgium and only do Belgium and England saves,liking FM2021 so far.

Been playing this game since the beginning they started with manager and it's amazing how far this game has come.

Just prior to the BETA, I managed Everton for a half-season with a database giving them the real squad. I signed Morelos from Rangers and he was awesome. The nearest replica of Duncan Ferguson you could get when comparing their 'aggression' and both coming from Rangers. Also he allows you to have possibly the most miserable attack in the PL alongside the talented but sour-faced Richarlison. Before settling on Morelos, I also looked at Okereke from Belgium but it seems you have to pay way over the odds to beat the WP rules.  

I deployed James as AMR but one slot across from the wing in an asymmetrical formation, but Ferran Torres is a good choice. I agree with all of the names you sold or are trying to sell , they are the same players I decided I didn't need. IMHO only a left-back (Mitchell should do that fine) and striker are needed to have a really good season with Everton.

Just now, valliant68 said:

So far as i know i only bought players under 20 mostly even under 18,train them well and sell for the big bucks.

I'm always setting my scouts to look for -18 gems.

For my striker problem with the lack of funds ,it's a shame they loanded out Moise Keane tho.

It's a different approach and has merit, but it probably means you cant get the quality striker you would like/need. If that is the case, I would play Richarlison there if DCL is ever unavailable (or Torres could perhaps do it). Enjoy anyway!

After long time of comparing strikers my final decision was Kaio Jorge,bought him for 5M + 5M over 3 years,5 year contract + 4 with extension.

So now my squad is complete just before the first transferwindow,also sold Bolasie for 4M before his contract ends.

Lost in Liverpool , won at home against crystal Palace and drawed out in Chelsea so i have 7 points out of 4 matches,i'm very pleased.

Also in the quarter final at home against Watford in the Caraboacup.

I hope when the final version comes out my save will be intact.

I'm halfway the season with 21 matches played and in 4th place now.

The team is performing very well and i'm in the Caraboacupfinal also, but was very lucky in the draw because always played lower league teams.

My loan Ferran Torres is playing well but has many small injuries so i looked for a good AMR,looked at the British national youth teams,-21 till -19 and found Noni Madueke,bought him for 14M with 7 upfront and the other 7M in 3 years.

Board complaind i payd to much and it was a gamble but the important statistics were good like crossing technical and physical stats.So got him on 1 january.

Played 5 matches and scored 3 goals and has 3 assists,so my gamble paid off and i'm very happy to have him.

I find it very hard to sell players,i've got Mina - Coleman - Delph - Walcott - Bernard on sale but nobody wants them.

I need some cash to find a DR and DL for next season,found a good prospect,Aaron Hickey from Bologna and will cost around 12M,2 good feat and good important stats.

Enjoying the game so far, once you get used to the new look and layout.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/12/2020 at 13:10, Ewan0404 said:

Is anyone still playing as Everton? I have just finished my first season and will have a season update up tonight.

I’ve just finished my first season as them, James drew me in to manage Everton. 

struggled to get much from him goal wise, played as an advanced playmaker on the right of a 4-3-3 Dm and sometimes in the middle of midfield as AP If playing lower teams. Or AM centre in a 5-2-1-2 if CNN playing big teams away.  A good few assists and one goal from him  

Bought Milik in jan for 3.2 million, 90k a week with only bonus qualification for the champ league next season. 

managed to finish 3rd after beating Liverpool away and Man City away last two games of the season and Man Utd losing to Fulham on the last day. 

The board have given me 53 mil to spend for next season and I’ve got a few to get rid of once they’re contracts expire. 

Season 1

My aims for this season were to get back into Europe through any means to make us more likely to be a good club for some of the worlds best young players to come to in the near future.

My incoming transfers for the season were as follows:

image.png.e30d7a800fb2483bb17ae49032a1f1e7.png

Pacheco was signed on a free to play a rotational//back up role across all of the attacking positions. Vagnoman was signed to be the long term replacement for Coleman and Berardi was signed to play out wide as I don't trust Bernard or Iwobi.

image.png

All of the above were surplus to requirements and were just taking up wages. We also loaned out a lot of the younger players across the English Football League to get experience and to hopefully push for a place in my squad in the years to come.

Domestic Competitions

image.png.068353e39a1fb03e38e368b52685a2cd.png

We managed to finish 5th and a massive 17 points above Leeds in 8th meaning we easily qualified for European football next season. I am pleased with the amount of goals we scored but to concede 47 was shocking and this is something I will address in the off season.

image.png.1376718313bd738c3773c1101e53b645.png

The FA Cup final in the derby was a tough one to swallow. I actually didn't play FM again for a few days to allow myself to calm down haha. The league cup we were knocked out by Burnley by penalties in the third round so not much to say there.

Squad Stats

image.png.a1eadfd7bbdb0d65d974c6b516e58593.png

image.png.2fd380dab191040443f5d1020a37bfdd.png

As you can see Calvert-Lewin was by far our best player of the season and was clinical in front of goal. He was the complete striker scoring all kinds of goals from tap ins, headers, rounding the keeper, you name it he scored it.

image.png.47e82cc9fa25d305c84cacb44a6d86a3.png

I always like seeing the best 11 and I am glad they have now added assists into the mix. I am happy with our front 4 this season.

Edited by Ewan0404

1 minute ago, Brads-Wigan said:

Thinking of starting a potential long term save with the toffees, with the aim to take them to the Champions League and challenge for the title within 3-5 few season. I always start with transfer window turned off. 
What tactics are people using? What role is best for DCL?

Season 1 I switched between a 4231 and a 433. For next season I am looking to use a flat 442 I think.

I used DCL as an advanced forward, pressing forward and a complete forward throughout the season, he played well in all of them. He could even play as a target man as he is phenomenal in the air. It all just depends on how you set up the rest of your team I suppose.

About to start season 2 and I think Calvert-Lewin will have a chip on his shoulder.

image.png.ba583712ac58107960f49503a29acfa0.png

But last season.....

image.png.f2abbca8538bdbc4d365293bce6c0de0.png

Joint top scorer.

Not only this but Gareth and I will be having words:

image.png.96963ca9ce9ea8aa4bd362cbf4e24d7f.png

He started 2 and came off the bench 4 times in qualifying to score 4 goals and he didn't get a place at the Euros.

Hopefully he will mean business this coming season.

Just over half way through the season, pleased with how Im doing, I disabled transfers in the first window and had no money in Jan (dont know if thats normal) so no incomings apart from staff. 

Game of the season so far was defiantly the derby, I was down to 10 men aswell after 75 minutes due to an injury and no subs left. Unfortunately I lost to them in the league cup semi final 4 days later. 

Going forward... what happens with the new ground etc??

Ps, is it possible to edit the opening post to get abit more traffic to make it obviously its Everton FC and not the player. 

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 22.13.20.png

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 22.15.30.png

Snook into the top 4 on the last day of the season, beat Liverpool away 3-0 on the penultimate game, and then they only drew with Burnley 1-1 on the final weekend. DCL won the golden boot with 25 goals. Very pleased considering I made no transfers all season. 

Been given £53 million to spend this summer. Bolasie and Besic already have transfers out arranged and off the wage bill. 

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 18.52.26.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/11/2020 at 19:15, Jogo Bonito said:

Also he allows you to have possibly the most miserable attack in the PL alongside the talented but sour-faced Richarlison.

Take a bow - that is brilliant! I love Richarlison BUT Jeezoh the perma-pout winds me up... and I AM miserable!

Great to see someone has taken the mantle and produced an Everton thread - I used to do them but stopped 2 years ago as I am not playing the game as much as I once was - I have just downloded the game - but wanted to see how Carlo did so I have decided on Aberdeen - a tall order for me for sure!

5 games in and he has Everton in 5th and undefeated  -  I shall have a follow of them see what is what 

On 10/12/2020 at 21:12, Ewan0404 said:

The FA Cup final in the derby was a tough one to swallow. I actually didn't play FM again for a few days to allow myself to calm down haha.

Mate - I feel your pain - only a true Evertonain could carry it off with humour! :applause: 

Right - it didn’t take much - as much as I wanted to see what Carlo would do for Everton... I had zero passion for Aberdeen so...

I am in Just starting now - going to have a long hard look through the squad and endeavour (although not hopeful reading the thread) to slim down and get rid of the ‘deadwood’

The second season was even better for me, 2nd most of the way through, reached the Champs League semi finals, beating Real Madrid on the way. Topped off with an FA Cup win, thanks to a 94th minute DCL goal. 

Main transfers in where Morelos - £21mil , Renato Sanches - £35mil ,  Calhanoglu - £24 mil and Emerson £22mil (RB from Barca) 

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 17.09.18.png

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 17.10.57.png

I restarted as Everton a few days ago after my laptop was wiped due to needing a repair.

I will be updating the Premier League thread as I feel it will be more active, I have just posted my season one review if anyone is interested.

12 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

I restarted as Everton a few days ago after my laptop was wiped due to needing a repair.

I will be updating the Premier League thread as I feel it will be more active, I have just posted my season one review if anyone is interested.

Yes, disappointed with the lack of activity on here, think the thread needs a better title, especially seem there is a player called Everton. 

1 hour ago, Brads-Wigan said:

Yes, disappointed with the lack of activity on here, think the thread needs a better title, especially seem there is a player called Everton. 

I don't think there will be enough activity for most PL sides, best just using the other thread for now. 

Hi, there. 

I did amazing in the first season. Sursprising myself and the board. We won both the league and the cup(very lucky in the draws...). Used a 4-1-2-2-1, dm (knap tactic with a few adjustments). Is that cheating? Brought in, Adria Pedrosa and Edwards , first Windows, shipped out a few, Soler in january. Really great save. Starting the second season now.

I won the league in my third season, I’m playing 4-2-3-1 and the team is:

Pickford, Dodo, Neuhen Perez, Orengue, Hickey, Marcos Antonio, Allan, David Neres, James/Oscar, Richarlison, DCL

After winning the league I’ve brought in Pedri and Camavinga for £80m a piece and Kingsley Coman on a free ( as well as a few youngsters). Brought Korniyenko in in Jan for £14m and he’s been incredible at left back.

Still in the mix with 7 games left this season, 6 points behind United who are top. Going to try and bring in Kounde and Donnarumma this summer to strengthen the defence as were pretty good going forward.

Pedri has been very underwhelming and I’d sell him if I could get my money back.

3rd season, was in the title race until the final day, unfortunately Chelsea had an unbelievable season, I lost to them twice in the league, and defiantly my boggie team. I topped the previous season and reached the Champs League final, but guess who beat me... Chelsea to complete a Quadruple. 

Ive been given £70 mil to spend, already got Eduardo Camavinga  and Marco Asensio coming in on frees, I want to try and offload Pickford again, dont know wether to splash out on a stricker and  use DCL on the wing, or a better left back/central defender as backup. 

Still nothing on the stadium other than planning permission, would be interested to know from people further into the game wether things change?

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.19.30.png

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.19.44.png

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.20.17.png

21 hours ago, Brads-Wigan said:

Chelsea had an unbelievable season, I lost to them twice in the league, and defiantly my boggie team.

ha - still in my first season BUT funny you say this as I was on a 7 game winning streak - they thumped me 3-1 (I then went on a 3 game losing streak) I suspect that they will also be my bogie side! 

Question are the board happy with that deal for Richarlison? I sold Gomes for £18.75 mil rising to £22 mil (or something like that) - and I am getting pelters for it... 

1 hour ago, IUsedToBeGreat said:

Question are the board happy with that deal for Richarlison? I sold Gomes for £18.75 mil rising to £22 mil (or something like that) - and I am getting pelters for it... 

35 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

I wouldn't sell Richarlison for anything less than £100 million tbh.

They didnt really complain, he just didnt do it for me, I was playing him LW or RW as an inside forward, only got 13 goals and 17 assists over 2 season. However soon after he went to Man Utd they also bought Sancho and Lee Kang-In so he only made 2 (5) league appearances and is now on loan at Roma, in hindsight I should have put a buy back clause in his deal. 

Has anyone had the stadium move past planning permission? I'm in summer 2024 now and still nothing.

I looked in the editor and it says latest move date is 01/07/2026 and it says there is a 9% chance of it happening... Feels like a jealous Liverpool fan has been at the database seeing as the building will start this year IRL.

I wish I had edited it before I started my save now.

Edited by Robioto

2 hours ago, Robioto said:

Has anyone had the stadium move past planning permission? I'm in summer 2024 now and still nothing.

I looked in the editor and it says latest move date is 01/07/2026 and it says there is a 9% chance of it happening... Feels like a jealous Liverpool fan has been at the database seeing as the building will start this year IRL.

I've just started season 3 and was hoping I would hear something soon. Sounds like I might not. 

18 hours ago, Robioto said:

2025 I got notice of stadium completion in 2027

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting season 24/25 now and ended in second place the last two seasons,can't seem to beat Liverpool.

Got some real good income from champions cup, last season got to quarter final to be paired with Liverpool and lost, can't seem to beat those guys.

They're moving to a new stadium in year 26 and financies are good,as far as the team goes there been lots of changes.

Top sells were calvert-Lewin for 100M Richarlison 90M,Moriba 135M got him for 88M and i replaced him with Gravenberch 65M and then a lot of players for good prices.

Buying department, over the years i got Tonali - Ryena - Moro - Moriba - Parrott - Esposito and others but mostley what i enjoy about this game is i'm 

always looking for 4 - 5 star regens or wonderkids and spent most of my time looking in Nations or club youth teams all over the world.

The main focus is the UK however and have 20 in my squad and some loand out.

Of my 200 hours on this game with Everton so far a great part goes to that.

There are only a few left from the starting squad,Holgate and Jonjoe.

It's those players who are pushing the older ones out with big contracts because they're 18 - 19 now and have amazing statistics,

they have for now only 2,5 - 3 stars but perform very good most of the time

In every position i have 2 very good young players so i'm covert for the next few years.Half of my team ( 32 players ) is below 20 years.

Gavi i had from day 1 and he's turning into a beast,hope i can hold onto him.

So now i'm waiting the abilities of these youngsters to improve to  4  stars so i need to play them as much as possible and train them well.

Just loving this save,probobly the best team i put together ever in history. 

• 4 months later...

Started a (hopefully) long-term save with Everton. Figured they would offer a decent challenge, with a squad filled with potential and definitely room to grow as well as a nice new stadium on the horizon. 

It is fair to say that my first season didn't exactly go to plan. We got dumped out of the FA Cup in the third round after a 2-1 loss away to Wolves. The Carabao Cup we did fair better - but not by much - we lost in the fourth round away at Watford by the same scoreline. Silver-lining was that I played a much weaker side due to fixture congestion early in the first season.

The Premier League was a mixed bag, we started the first eight unbeaten but then went on a pretty horrific run. Anyway, we finished 8th in the end, missing out on European football by just two points. World on Dominic Calvert-Lewin though - what a machine. Scoring 27 goals in 35 league appearances. Will be doing my best to keep him around. 

In terms of signings in the January window, I only brought in a couple of players - with Elseid Hysaj joining in a cut-price deal for 2.5m from Napoli due to his contract winding down. Then I brought in Tyler Roberts from Leeds United for a fee that could cost up to 13.5m after bonuses. Hysaj was brought in initially as cover for both full-back positions before making the right-back berth his own in season two. Roberts on the other hand is a rotation / utility option with him providing cover for the striker / wide attacking positions. 

The summer was a lot busier as a rebuild is required that is for sure with plenty of average players on massive wages and upgrades needed in some positions as well as more competition for places. 

Starting with the outs: 
Josh King - Zenit for 5m (He barely played, and whenever he did he did not perform. Made a healthy profit with his sale)
Jonjoe Kenny - Leeds United for 10m - (With Hysaj signing in January and Coleman still offering decent backup, Kenny was not required and I was not overly impressed with him anyway)
Bernard - Aston Villa for 18m - (Whilst he did have a decent season for us, getting 8 assists scoring 3 in 25 league games, I wanted his wages gone and a younger player brought in his place. Would have preferred him to go abroad but Villa were the only realistic option for him)
Allan - Real Madrid for 30m - (I was on the fence about keeping him, but again I wanted younger options in the squad and he was holding Tom Davies back. When Madrid came in with an offer above his valuation, I snapped their hands off. He had a good season for us but 30m for a 30 year old is nothing to be sniffed at)
Cenk Tosun - West Ham for 10m - (Not good enough, bye-bye)
Mo Besic - West Ham for 6m - (See above)
Andre Gomes - Sheffield United for 13m - (Another average player on high wages, he joined Lyon on loan in January and only made 6 sub appearences, they didn't take up option to buy, but Sheffield United were seemingly impressed)
Alex Iwobi - Arsenal on loan - (For whatever reason, Arsenal were desperate to take Iwobi back to the Emirates. I decided to let him for a decent loan fee as I felt his chances of playing would be limited this season with the new options we have)

Now for the summer ins:
David Martin - West Ham for 7K - (Third-choice goalkeeper was required, he was available on the cheap and is home-grown)
Lars Unnerstall - PSV for 1m  - (Second-choice goalkeeper was required as Olsen did not want to re-join the club. I didn't want to break the back and am comfortable with him as emergency stand-in for Pickford. Will spend the next season looking for a young goalkeeper to come in and challenge Pickford for the 22-23 season and Unnerstall can be third-choice)
Michael Olise from Reading for 11.5m - (My chosen long-term successor to James Rodriguez on the right-hand side of attack. Will spend next season on loan at Reading. Another season of football will do him well before staking his claim in the Everton starting XI)
Ryan Gauld from Sp. Farense on a free transfer - (Homegrown, creative attacking midfielder will provide an excellent rotation option. For nothing as well)
Youcef Atal - Nice for 13.5m - (Will provide cover for the right-wing position for when James Rodriguez inevitably gets injured. Listed as a right-back but his attributes definitely suit the winger role.)
James Maddison from Leicester City for 55m - (The big one. I wanted an upgrade on Gyfli Sigurdsson in the number 8/10 hybrid role and I found him in James Maddison. We were in negotiations for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but I called that one off after Maddison agreed a contract with us. He does have a 66m release clause for Champion's League clubs, but it's worth the risk. Will hopefully be the difference in us getting European football this season)

Transfer window is not yet closed. Moise Kean is likely to leave on loan with an obligation to buy, and it is looking likely that we will bring in Gabriel Martinelli on loan to replace him. 

We are playing a 4-3-3 at the moment so my options are:

GK: Pickford / Unnerstall / Martin
DR: Hysaj / Coleman
DL: Digne / Nkounkou
DC: Godfrey / Keane
DC: Mina / Holgate / Braithwaite
DM: Gbamin / Delph
MC: Maddison / Sigurdsson / Gauld
MC: Doucoure / Davies
AMR: Rodriguez / Atal
AML: Richarlison
FC: Calvert-Lewin / Roberts

I really think this squad can quality for the Europa League at the very least.