FM with the best Match Engine

Most Realistic ME   

56 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most Realistic Match Engine in your opinion??

• FM 20
    • FM 19
    • FM 18
    • FM 17
    • FM 16
    • Fm 15
    • FM 14
    • FM 13
    • FM 12
    • Other

The reason for asking is I want to try out older games i have only been playing since 2017 so want to know what will be the best to play and what you guys think is the best Match engine

Edited by Mcfc1894

You'll have a hard time picking up any of the older games that you don't already own. Older versions are pulled from sale due to various licensing reasons. 

When it comes to the best match engine, its not really as clear cut a question as you might imagine. Empirically, based upon the time put in concerning development, the additional levels of logic applied, the greater capacity to mirror reality and such the current games ME is always going to be the best from a technical and factual standpoint.

There will invariably be those who feel the "best" ME is the one at which they were in turn best at playing against. No one likes to think of it being a case of beating the game on an easier difficulty, but all previous versions invariably due to the very nature of how the game progresses are simpler, easier and ultimately less realistic to play against by default. 

Im a bit bemused that people think that FM20 has the better match engine ? Whether they are mistaking it for graphics im not sure but with so many complaints and the free kicks not fixed and the goals on target and off target not calculating properly how can this be

Please inform me why its better because its a very boring match engine i think

20 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Im a bit bemused that people think that FM20 has the better match engine ? 

There's a total vote of just about ten.

Ask ten random people what the best STar Wars movie is, fat chances are, Phantom Bloody Menace comes out on top.

Now if someone could explain to me what's so good About 17...… ;) 

Edited by Svenc

3 hours ago, Svenc said:

There's a total vote of just about ten.

Ask ten random people what the best STar Wars movie is, fat chances are, Phantom Bloody Menace comes out on top.

Now if someone could explain to me what's so good About 17...… ;) 

Why? It's pretty easy to spot similar thing in FM20, but doesn't mean that 2040 ME is this.

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, santy001 said:

You'll have a hard time picking up any of the older games that you don't already own. Older versions are pulled from sale due to various licensing reasons. 

When it comes to the best match engine, its not really as clear cut a question as you might imagine. Empirically, based upon the time put in concerning development, the additional levels of logic applied, the greater capacity to mirror reality and such the current games ME is always going to be the best from a technical and factual standpoint.

There will invariably be those who feel the "best" ME is the one at which they were in turn best at playing against. No one likes to think of it being a case of beating the game on an easier difficulty, but all previous versions invariably due to the very nature of how the game progresses are simpler, easier and ultimately less realistic to play against by default. 

A lot of them are still available on Amazon