Need help with .tac files for TT&F Tactics Builder... please

Sometimes the strikers Mentality is lower than that of an attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 formation - is that normal - I am talking about the template formations that will generate a tactic. AMC are on 12 mentality, the stiker is on 10.
Yes I believe it is correct by the TT&F mate because they say in lone striker formations to make the lone forward the FC(d) and to make a midfielder behind him the FC(a).

FC(a) has higher mentality than the FC(d).

Althaz. Very well done! I have just run up defensive, standard and attacking 4-2-3-1 set of tactics. What surprised me is that I got close to them with my own set. The parts that I could never get right were the team passing, tempo and creative freedom. I would never have matched them up with your very good system.

I have also managed to save and print out the three tactics. I did this by using the "print screen" and opening "paint". I then saved them into paint and printed them off from there. I hope this may assist anyone who, like me, wants to make up secondary tactics for their teams over the season, to beat the AI's dreaded ability to find out my tactics all too soon. Thanks for all your sterling efforts, Althaz. Kind regards.

Althaz. I assume that matters more important than pc games is keeping you otherwise occupied. I hope that it is not through any lack of encouragement. What you are attempting will be a major coup for FM'9 and future FM's. It is good to see encouragement from Paul Collyer. I am using the system to bits making various tactics. The "continental" passing style is a stroke of pure genius. Unfortunately Tranmere Rovers do not have the passing skills to employ it.Hope to hear from you [generally] that is within the forum, sooner than later. Kind regards.

Hey nice idea but am I missing something or does the load and save not work?

Because there would be no point if they dont work and they are fundamentals, usually you would start with iterations when writing a program and starting with the most important part to make sure its plausable.

DANNY1000000. Read the OP. It gives all the information that you need. Also, reading my post may be of some little assistance to you. Althaz is to be commended for attempting what he has. When it is completed, it will be of immence assistance within the game. Especially if SI officially take it on board. Remember, slow to chide and swift to bless. Kind regards.

Whats the point in creating the UI if you dont have the main functionality (without saving/loading there is not app)
Because the UI is a lot of work that can be done without relying on the save/load functionality.

For save/load he needs help from SI probably but in the meantime he has made 80% complete program! When he finds the file format it will be 100% quickly otherwise he would wait for the file format and then start from 0 with your logic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to say Ive been using this to help me tweek my tactics. Takes all the hassle out of it and its only half working. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in. When do you think it will be finished?

Also noticed that the 2-6-2 mentality puts both strikers as having the same mentality and the MCa lower. It should be 1 striker = 14 1 ST = 11 and MCa = 14 I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Any news on the final release date?

I downloaded the Beta 2, and everything seems very good, apart from the point that you have already acknowledged: saving the tactic.

But still, a very nice tool, and looking forward to its full release :)

I have noticed that when you select a standard tactic then switch to a attack tactic then back to a standard the passing comes out with different values. Has anybody else found this? If so which is the correct value do you think?

Archived