What should I do?

Hi th

I'm on the final 3rd of my save with Hamburg. I won the Bundesliga 2 on the 1st season, finished 8th on the 2nd season (objective was to avoid relegation) and am currently at 6th. I think I'm doing quite good, as I'm overachieving, considering the board expectations.

Now Dortmund has aproached me and offered me the job. They are bellow us, and probably won't reach a european place. It is my favourite german team, so I'm quite fond into accepting the job, starting next season.

The thing is, the expectations are for me to win the league title every year. That's their expectations. A bit too much, I would say, as the team needs a rebuild.

Do you think that I would get the sack if I just finished on a CL spot on the 1st season? Would you take the job? I'm a bit on the fence because of that here. Showing you my current squad and league table bellow.

Thanks.

20200206000214_1.jpg

20200206000221_1.jpg

20200206000447_1.jpg

Not sure what you should do, but personally I would stick to hamburg. I went to dortmund too in one of my saves, had similar expectations with an aging squad (but £350 millionish to spend) and hated it :lol:

5 hours ago, Beltsu said:

The one think keeping me from going to Dortmund is their demand to win the title always. What, will they sack me if I finish 2nd?

@ajt, what team were you with before going to Dortmund?

Depends I guess. There are different ways to become 2th. Winning the league is not the only thing that counts. I think they want someone who will always go for the title, just like in real life. Do you have any idea what the transfer budget is that you will get?

2 hours ago, Forza#8903 said:

Depends I guess. There are different ways to become 2th. Winning the league is not the only thing that counts. I think they want someone who will always go for the title, just like in real life. Do you have any idea what the transfer budget is that you will get?

I dunno, but something close to 170-180M €, I guess. I mean, they give me the tools for it. But expecting it on the 1st season, with a squad rebuild needed, seems a bit too much, imo.

2 minutes ago, Beltsu said:

Well, **** it. I'm jumping the boat. Doing what a real life manager would most likely do.

I hope I don't regret it...

save the game before you jump, then when at Dortmund save under a different name so that you could in effect go back and carry on your original save if needed.

13 minutes ago, Steve8066 said:

save the game before you jump, then when at Dortmund save under a different name so that you could in effect go back and carry on your original save if needed.

Because that is what a real manager would do?🙄

4 minutes ago, Forza#8903 said:

Because that is what a real manager would do?🙄

a real manager wouldnt be on here asking for advice lol

When i start a save its always with no badges, then pick a random country and then the lowest team in the lowest division. I then stick with that club until i either get sacked (very very rarely happens), or i get offered a job elsewhere. I then do as i mentioned and end up running 2 saves instead of 1. For me its not a case of not doing what a real manager would do or cheating etc. its more a case of `what if i joined/stayed`.  It gives me more enjoyment out of the game as im not stuck in 1 save which sometimes can feel stale after awhile.

What i would add is that if i was in the same position as you, i wouldnt do what i mentioned as i never do this with clubs in the same country. I would either stay or go.

18 minutes ago, Steve8066 said:

a real manager wouldnt be on here asking for advice lol

I don't think so. It's always a big step. Lets say that by asking you guys, it's like I'm asking my assistant manager for advice. :)

A little update. 

I went up to beat my new team 0-1 at their stadium. Finished 7th, and got qualified for Europa League qualifiers. Dortmund finished 9th. No Europe for me next season, I suppose...

Reached the cup final and list 2-0 to Werder Bremen (in my defence, I had my best wingers injured).

Looking forward to start my Dortmund story. They decided to demand just a CL spot for my first season there, so I’m more comfortable with my decision.

21 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Am I reading that right?

They're offering you 147million euros a month in salary on a 2 year deal?

Nah... they “just” offer me 147.000€ per month in salary. In the Portuguese version the small “m” means thousand, and the big “M” means million, since thousand=mil in Portuguese (ex.: 5000 = cinco mil).