Apology Thread

I have had no problems apart from what I thought was a scouting bug where your sacked scouts were still asked to file match reports on loan players but if you go into team settings were you pick what jobs you want your staff to do you can change the name of the scout to compile match reports.

So all in all I am loving every game of this years version it takes ages to do matches as I use 3D on full match at normal speed but I think this adds to the experiance.

Well done SI keep up the good work, and to all the people having problems I hope you all get sorted soon.:thup:

Good to see some apologies. Some of the personal comments made over the weekend on various threads were offensive and totally over the top.

It's no wonder SI staff are relunctant to post on the forums, attitude on here has really gone down hill over the last couple of years.

As I said earlier its not the complaining but just the way some people go about it.

People should now be ok to register the game it was just on release that there were complete **** ups by SI and the companies it has used to register/install.

I had big problems getting my game going - but it was nothing to do with the activation (which worked first time). It wasn't until I discovered the strange 'windowed' mode that I was able to play it on my laptop.

But now that it's working it's brilliant - there really is nothing better in terms of fantasy gameplay. And that, I suppose, is why some people got so angry with the makers when it didn't work!

i be honest with you i think thisthread is s joke.

people paid very good money waited along time and then wasted a whole day some a whole weekend trying to get somthing to work what should install and run simple as.

now i never said any offensive things i thought it was funny to be honest seeing people come on here blasting off but i was as mad as they were too i just never stated it.

some had to ring up so there fore acctuasly paying more! thats a joke you pay for a game then have to pay more? when every year you have just inserted cd and installed fine.

so to ask people to apologise to mile,SI, sega whoever thats a farce in my oppinion because this game has got everyone so angry and frustrated by the installation to the serious amount of bugs to the phone bill to whatever you like. so yeah this may not go down too well with everyone who wants to get miles to say thank you to them but sorry they did bring it all on to themselves as they will probaly even admit so why should the PAYING customers say sorry and grovel.

Over-reacted when FM 2009 originally didn't work for you?

Did you call Miles and Co rude names?

Do you now feel embarrassed because you realise that FM 2009 is the greatest FM ever (or at least up there with FM 01/02!)?

Me too. I over-reacted, got angry because the DRM gave me hassles. Now that I've begun playing the game, and see how good it is (apart from having too many injuries - and that's AFTER the patch), I can only apologise.

It all works out in the end.

You must be kidding. :mad:

If I would have payed monies at he launch, and this kind of thing would have happened to me, I would be very, very angry. And this happened AFTER people here warn them about. I still debate if I will buy this game, as I am unhappy with the 3d, the pitch looks like a swamp and the players like ants. And the horror stories I am reading about the issues caused by the so called 'coppy protection' does nothing bust my trust.

So, to cut it short, I feel that SI should apologise by realeasing a patched FM09.EXE to remove the ridiculous copy protection who annoyed only the users who purchased the game legaly, just google it and see if you dont believe me, and pledge to never use this kind of $^*T in the future.

i'm not going to say sorry for a very shabby game that needed patched before it was released. it was tested on fml (also rubbish and full of bugs) and it's not even as good as that. as for its actual release well that wasn't exactly smooth was it. the only thing i'm sorry for is wasting the best part of 30 bucks.

Great game, never really had any complaints about it.

Absolutely disgraceful, shambollic and downright annoying authentication process...if there are any apologies to be made, they should be coming from SI, I spent around three or four hours trying to get mine working, some people spent a Hell of a lot longer than that.:thdn:

It's all very well SI claiming they had had 50.000 happy chirpy activations within 24 hours or whatever...I bet there were just as many FAILED activation attempts in the same time frame. And let's be brutally honest...it's not nearly good enough.

Edit: I did read one post where somebody actually said that they hoped SI people would die, seriously, that person should hang their head in shame, even if they are still trying to authenticate their game (which I kind of hope he is...idiot).

Why are users apologizing. SI and Sega, or Steam, or whoever is responsible for this mess should be the ones to do this. I haven't heard a word, have you?

I have. But then again I actually read the forums.

P.S. This is not such a great thread/idea. Nobody cares about apologizing, and also gives opportunity for flamers and trolls to come and go to the toilet all over everything else.

I have. But then again I actually read the forums.

P.S. This is not such a great thread/idea. Nobody cares about apologizing, and also gives opportunity for flamers and trolls to come and go to the toilet all over everything else.

I agree, but only in part.

This is a bad thread, but only because people misinterpret what I am trying to convey.

I am not saying everyone is in the same boat as I. For those who still haven't got their FM to work or those who had to go through huge hassles to even get it to work, I can understand why you are angry. You have no business on this thread, this is only for people who over-reacted when it initially didn't work and had a go at staff who were trying to help them.

I am not saying that all should apologise or anything of the sort.

ALL I AM SAYING IS, IF YOU'RE GOING TO BITCH AND SCREAM, AT LEAST TARGET THE PEOPLE WHO WERE RESPONSIBLE. THIS IS THE FAULT OF SEGA (AND PROBABLY SI), BUT NOT THEIR STAFF.

Furthermore, if you disagree with me, that's still fine. This thread is to spark debate.

And even worse, people are telling me not to converse simply because "flamers and trolls" are going to add their two pence too... but why should I not make a point because I am worried about them?

To be honest this game smells of corporate greed all over!

The game obviously wasn't ready for release, the systems weren't in place to help the release, but money talks so its released anyway!

The game overral appears good but SI are in real danger of turning people away with their attitude of releasing games that are bug ridden at times and simply not fit for release for one reason or the other. It must be difficult as its a very complicated game but they are paid to release it and build it and at times you do wonder what the hell they are doing!

A few people seem to be misinterpreting things here. People were well within their rights to voice their disappointment at the activation process, as SI and Sega have said themselves on these forums. However, some of the posts were abusive, petulant and, frankly, out of order.

If you weren't happy with the service in a restaurant, you wouldn't start effing and blinding and shouting at the maitre'd and telling him to shove the plate of food up his arse (well you wouldn't if you were a decent member of society), so why do it here, just because you're on the Interweb? Some of the abuse was well OTT, and I think this thread seems to be about apologising for that. I think that shows maturity.

It doesn't mean that these users suddenly think the activation process was a roaring success, it's just that maybe some people realise that, regardless of their disappointment, they crossed the line of decency.

Where is this statement SI and or sega were releasing yesterday ?

They explained that it would be tomorrow (i.e. today). In fairness, they want to gather all the facts, because they want to be as frank as possible. I think they've taken the view that it's better to be prepared and have all the answers together, rather than post a half-arsed explanation with loads of answers missing.

They will be making an announcement, I can assure you of that.

They explained that it would be tomorrow (i.e. today). In fairness, they want to gather all the facts, because they want to be as frank as possible. I think they've taken the view that it's better to be prepared and have all the answers together, rather than post a half-arsed explanation with loads of answers missing.

They will be making an announcement, I can assure you of that.

cheers Gills so it will be today.

Atleast they are taking they time about this then :p

cheers Gills so it will be today.

Atleast they are taking they time about this then :p

Er, not necessarily today. I'm fairly sure it'll be today - but they will definitely be doing one, of that I'm sure.

Archived