Official Off-Topic Thread

Purefun

• Replies 28.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hehe I doubt purefun or HoPeY would be harsh enough to have a barney with a few us regualrs posting odd FM stufff in here. Newbies may suffer a different fate though. :D

I watched that earlier tonight...............*checks girlfriend isn't around*...........................she's rather sexy.

Haha tbh its nice not having the fm chat for once lol. but when playing the game it is hard not to mention it!!

yeah i certainly wouldn't say no lol!

i've been defending gomes all season saying he'll sort himself out, I was sure he'd sort himself out, you know what people are like, say someone is rubbish having only ever seen them once!... beginning to lose faith though now

I think I read that SWP (special weapons project) has been called up in Walcott's place FWIW

i've been defending gomes all season saying he'll sort himself out, I was sure he'd sort himself out, you know what people are like, say someone is rubbish having only ever seen them once!... beginning to lose faith though now

I think I read that SWP (special weapons project) has been called up in Walcott's place FWIW

Gomes is a proven shot stopper, but he has yet to adjust to the English side of crossing, catching balls in the air etc. In time he should be alright but it's a matter of how long can you give him? It's a tough decision. I also think Gomes doesn't help himself with his decisions on what ball to come for and what ball not too.

SWP was already in the 23/24 man squad IIRC, so he is only replacing him in the staring eleven side of things.

where do you do that? My mate's a physio with cov city, I'm trying to get a job that actually uses my sports science degree, but i don't think they're funded too well there at the moment in the youth side of things

I do it anywhere (within reason). I work for a private company up here in Yorkshire and schools, uni's, local football clubs, etc. hire coaches from the company, to, well, coach!

Tucker is a great coach. Reason below.

He is going to train my son up to be the best twofooted striker in history of football and all for free. :D

You wish. :D

remember his stats won't look as good if he's twofooted...

His stats will be great if I coach him. ;)

Clubs have us a lot more often.....................just to give an example; nearly every Monday for the past 18 months this one club has hired a coach from us, and seen as Im the most local to where they train, I have coached them 95% of the time they have hired from us. you get to know the guys and it's a good laugh and not just work.

The same schools use us often, but when you're coaching at a school you just coach whoever is doing football on those particular days. You do coach the same kids from time to time, but not always. And it all has to be alot more structured, and therefore less fun.

yeah, luckily when I was coaching at the pool i was given a development squad, which meant you got to know your swimmers and could work on their strengths and weaknesses, but then just as you started to make progress they moved up to the next squad and the motivation dies down untill the next telented one comes along

i already have a idea for the card which i will do (putting the lyrics to her favourite song in the card, sounds really mushy but i don't care)

just the blah blah blah happy birthday blah etc i reckon could do with being jazzed up so to speak

When I first read that I thought it said "jizzed up" :D

Watch This Space

"If a player doesn't play on the Saturday or Sunday, he won't be in my squad," says Fabio Capello.

Mediawatch eagerly awaits Fabio's next squad for which both Ashley Cole and former footballer Wayne Bridge are available.

Another for today!

Andrei Has A Dream

"My dream is Barca, but to say that isn't new. The whole world knows that I have dreamed forever about going to Barca" - Andrei Arshavin, July 18, 2008.

"The stable situation in the club and the influence of Arsene Wenger to Arsenal to English football is huge. I think this is an advantage" - Arshavin's agent Dennis Lachter, July 14, 2008.

"I am very optimistic about this deal. The next few days will see if he can confirm this move to Spurs. Andrei likes the way Juande Ramos is going to play at Tottenham and this is the main point of our decision" - Arshavin's agent Dennis Lachter, July 31, 2008

"I don't want to play for Zenit any more. Playing for Bayern is a dream" - Andrei Arshavin, November 19, 2008.

Mediawatch eagerly awaits the next instalment and makes a bold prediction for January 2009: "Playing for Manchester City with Robinho (and Michael Ball) is a dream come true."

I liked this one.

Quote Of The Day

"I've still had to let him go away and travel to France. I didn't want him on a plane when his ankle is going to blow up" - Tony Adams on security risk Lassana Diarra.

Runner-Up

"The fact that I have spent so much time on the bench, while there has been a winning formula on the pitch, tells you everything" - Yes Yossi, yes it does.

I loved the runner up :D

Archived