Official Off-Topic Thread

Purefun

• Replies 28.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They want to bring in WADA (world anti-doping association) guidelines in footy, but the oldies are kicking up a stink as it requires players to name a place they will be for one hour every day.

However, they can change this up until 60secs before by text message so I don't see the problem personally

Oooh you went out again, drinking, clubbing ... damm wish i was younger. :(

I went out drinking, but I didn't go clubbing last night Wednesday nights are nothing special especially clubbing wise. Didn't get in till 6am, the plan was to have a nice sleep till about three in the afternoon sadly the g/f had others plans and woke me up at 9:30am! :(

Who does that! Honestly 0_o

Do you guys actually sleep!!

Yes, but I am an insomniac. I sleep about 3-4 hours a night and feel much better than if I sleep the recommended 7-8 hours.

Drug taking as if he didn't do that! you can tell hes the type to do a bit of coke or smoke a bit of green from time to time! lol.[/Quote]

You can not prove that he has ever taken drugs, so please refrain from saying such things.

anyways lets leave it at I dont like Ferdinand and you don't like Terry, So lets hates Carragher instead :D

I dont mind Terry as a footballer, (well I can put up with him).

I know lol! but hes supposed to be a role model.

Don't use the "role model" crap unless you are a do-gooder Mother with nothing better to do.

I know I don't like the word Role Model's but that is what they are supposed to be, there all setting up training camps etc to keep the kids off the streets. They they go do drugs, start a fight in a club and get arrested, drink drive etc, its not exactly a good image, I knows its the minority who do these things but the ones who do them need to get bigger fines i think, like Barton 5 games was simply not enough!

I know I don't like the word Role Model's but that is what they are supposed to be, there all setting up training camps etc to keep the kids off the streets. They they go do drugs, start a fight in a club and get arrested, drink drive etc, its not exactly a good image, I knows its the minority who do these things but the ones who do them need to get bigger fines i think, like Barton 5 games was simply not enough!

Barton is no saint, but he has also served his time in prison. The simple fact is it depends on the persons personality and there life style and who they hang around with. Add to that the fact that most footballers in the top league in England earn a-lot of money at a young age you’re bound to have problems with some individuals. No-one is perfect, and people make mistakes. It's not just footballers who make mistakes but often there mistakes are highlighted or more obvious because there in the media spotlight.

In an ideal world all footballers should be role-models, but we don’t live in an ideal world...

That is true, im picking on Barton because I hate him but shouldn't focus on him, It is the small minority and people do make mistakes, but it seems to be alot of the time the ones who make mistakes on the pitch make them off it aswell. Not always but quite alot. I do think they need to stamp down on people doing thinks, and also stamp down on the crowds because they don't help ie. Throwing coins! I think Drogba maybe should have been given a harsh punishment for that, if he's going to throw coins into the crowd then people are going to keep doing it. So things like this need to have bigger fines etc, there is no point in fining a player £10k or something thats like a days work to them!

Tbh The FA are useless at handing out punishments so it will never happen but I think they need to get a bit tougher.

Another for today!

Playing The Game

For those who declined the opportunity to watch England's win in the company of ITV, this morning's newspapers have at least provided ample reading material to reveal exactly who shone and who stank in Berlin.

But were they all watching the same game?

According to The Sun, for instance, David James was 'his usual imposing self'. 'Not entirely reassuring,' countered The Guardian. 'A spectator,' concluded the fence-sitting Daily Mirror.

Glen Johnson may have 'looked confident going forward on the overlap' in the Sun's eyes but for the PA he 'offered little going forward.' The Daily Mail's review was emphatic: 'Attacked with pace, defended with vigour and gave England's other right backs plenty to chew on.' The Times' rather less so: 'Not wholly convincing.'

What, then, of Matthew Upson, the beneficiary of ITV's man-of-the-match award? 'Still occasionally shaky at the back,' tutted The Guardian with The Mirror equally hard to please: 'Looked a bit suspect in the air'. He 'looked the part,' observed a contradictory Times. 'Still fails to convince fully at this level', thundered the PA.

'Is it time to move on from Stamford Bridge?' asked The Times of Wayne Bridge. For The Daily Telegraph the answer must be no: 'He has improved noticeably with matches for both club and country following Ashley Cole's recent injury'

Michael Carrick, meanwhile, was 'Still prone to giving the ball away' according to the PA but 'rarely conceded possession' in the view of the Telegraph.

As for Jermain Defoe, he 'looked sharp' according to The Mirror and 'lacking a bit of sharpness' to The Sun.

But final word must go to The Guardian after exclaiming of Johnson that "his fine intervention should have set up Marcus Bent for a second"

Now that really would have been impressive.

I have to some English course work - a massive essay :(

Fair enough HoPeY - Not hardcore enough ;) I spend too much money on Saturdays because we alway go to this bar after the main club and they put the prices up after 1am but as your drunk you don't notice and end up paying £4 a pint!!

Whereas tonight its £1.75 for any drink down our local Littentree, woop!

A legendary myth I bet.

Probably. Like the "I saw someone break their back from swinging on a chair". That one really bugs me because EVERY teacher has experienced it!

iirc, I also heard James Corden (Gavin & Stacey) offered a bribe to the marker of the essay, as he couldn't answer any of the questions!

Probably. Like the "I saw someone break their back from swinging on a chair". That one really bugs me because EVERY teacher has experienced it!

iirc, I also heard James Corden (Gavin & Stacey) offered a bribe to the marker of the essay, as he couldn't answer any of the questions!

The first one sort of happened, my cousin broke her leg because of that, she was only 7 then though.

Archived