Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers for that marc but what happens when ive been told my key is authenticated when i do it in upper case and when i start the game it still goes back to the soft anchor screen asking me to authenticate again?

Very much appreciate your response and i appreciate you guys are working hard

@Regarding my last post (xml parsing error not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml when) when i try to start the game.

What is the name of your last save game?

Last game I saved was called " 'boro ", but I've reinstalled it like three times so I dont think it should be any saved games at all.

• SI Staff
I'm getting really fed up with this whole game. Can't get it working anymore andd I don't know if I should contact the consumer ombudsman since nothing is happening.

Well, I'm here trying to help as have a number of other SI/SEGA employees.

• SI Staff
Hi Guys,

I managed to install on my laptop last night, but i still cannot install on my pc. Does anyone know where to find the certificates folder on Vista. I don't have a folder in c: called program data?

You using Steam?

• SI Staff
Hi guys,

Managed to finally install it, starts up fine, then closes itself before I can start a game saying - 'Facegen failed to initialise, see logbook for details' - how does sort this out? Thanks.

You need the patch for starters and also make sure your graphics driver is up to date.

Is there any solution of the error: "football manager 2009 has stopped working".

Say the issue again:

the window pop up and you can only close, without giving any cause

9.1.0 patch installed

DXSDK installed

uninstall and reinstall several times

all those don't solve the issue.

Help,help,help

Hi,

excuse me for the bad english :)

I'd buy the game two day ago, 14 Nov in the early morning. I try to install it in my office, on a old pc. Fm don't start, but I try ti disinstall e reinstall it another 2/3 times beacuse I update the vga driver and directx.

When I came back home, I immediately try install it. I receveid the "Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system". I see here that I must download sdk to fix the problem. Then I disinstall e reinstall game, I install SDK and I reinstall game, but now I receveid this message :

"Errore : [-1004] - Unlock the code exceeds the limit of peripherals"

:confused:

I have been trying to play the game now for 3 straight days and still no joy so I look around these forumd for dome help and maybe a solution. I read with intrest your help page on page 1 as I too have been having problems with Internet connections. So I followed yopur step by step guide on page 1 on this topic but yet when I put my code into the activate box I get the following error :

Line : 22

Char : 1

Error : The system could not find the file specified

Code : 80070002

Source : ( null )

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if the lads at SI can help get me sorted out as after 3 very long and stressful days of trying to access and play the game I've virtually pulled out all my hair which isn't a good thing as I'm starting to look like my dad !!!!!!!!!

Mate, i have got exactly the same code coming up

I've tried doing my activation key on that website and everyone I've tried just keeps saying invalid key, I must've tried about 20+ combo's. I've took a picture on my phone the best way I can and can email it somebody if need be?

Can't help but thinking that this will cost SI more in the long run than whatever piracy would've.

Can somebody help me please. My activation key is the right one, but when i try and do it online it says unable to connect to internet and when I do it on the phone it says when i get to the third set of activation keys that my activation code is wrong but it isnt because I have checked on the site. What do I do?

Hi Blades 75,

I got exactly the same message but also got that on FM08 and that worked fine. Im playing FM09 and its working (albeit as slow as the fattest snail in the garden who wasnt particularly known for his speed when he was thin anyways and now he's fat, its even worse)

But i know 2 mates who have this error.....they've installed the game and everything is fine but when trying to launch it, nothing happens, either thru the shortcut or going thru my computer.

as im at work and cant really go through all the posts, has there been any solution to this? is this something the patch corrects?

In my game the English reserve teams do not play in any league/group..

is this an known issue? I know others having the same prob..

Ive tried to use the original Db and the newest patch also, still the same..also tried uninstalling..

please help!

please answer honestly marc, if i get a different copy pf the game ie from hmv is 2 months time, will it work stright out the boxs.
Hi Blades 75,

I got exactly the same message but also got that on FM08 and that worked fine. Im playing FM09 and its working (albeit as slow as the fattest snail in the garden who wasnt particularly known for his speed when he was thin anyways and now he's fat, its even worse)

But i know 2 mates who have this error.....they've installed the game and everything is fine but when trying to launch it, nothing happens, either thru the shortcut or going thru my computer.

as im at work and cant really go through all the posts, has there been any solution to this? is this something the patch corrects?

nothing has been sorted, i think most tech guy are not working to day. To be honest these problems with not be sorted this week, this is long term.

Hey when i try to patch fm2009 with any of the released patches i get

"fm2009.exe error0x00000020 the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" which is crazy because it does that as soon as i install the game

any help would be nice cheeers

same for everyone been like this for 24hours

I'm getting the same problem, however, I've not had the chance to play the game at all as yet due to this problem. I'm really struggling to not go mad here, any help would be appreciated and potentially rewarded with an array of sexual favours.

EDIT - My quote didn't even work (nothing is going right these last two days...), so to clarify, my problem is that despite installing and activating via STEAM, when I come to launch I get the message that the game is "currently unavailable" and to "try again later".

nothing has been sorted, i think most tech guy are not working to day. To be honest these problems with not be sorted this week, this is long term.

to be honest, I know its not tech guys faults, but whoever decide to release this game with so many issues should ensure there are people on hand 24/7 to deal with the reprucussions.

one of my mates text me last night and said "f*ck this im going buy Championship Manager"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I am having problems activating Football Manager 2009 which I purchased through steam and am trying to run on Widows Vista.

When I try the standard Online activation after entering my code the game will keep trying to activate seemingly forever. After this had been running for over 9 hours i tried using "activate.vbs" however after I enter my code the dialog box disapears and is not shown again.

Please can you help me

Has any progress been made on Error -821 since last night?

I installed my copy on Vista through steam and have no certificate files anywhere to delete.

Is there someone working on this problem just now or should I just take the game back? Would a different copy work any better? I can see how hard you guys are working to fix these problems but jus wanna know whether to return game or wait problem out?

Cheers

hi!! when i load the game on the bottom right hand corner of the screen i get a coloured patch which is really annoying!!! does any1 know how to remove it???

try this

In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community"

Is there any solution of the error: "football manager 2009 has stopped working".

Say the issue again:

the window pop up and you can only close, without giving any cause

9.1.0 patch installed

DXSDK installed

uninstall and reinstall several times

all those don't solve the issue.

Help,help,help

please check Graphics card drivers are up to date.

I am already confused with all the files I've been checking in the past days. Where should I find the XML? Or do you mean the last saved game which should be in a "games" -folder but haveb't seen one for 09 yet?

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

- Right-click on the FM shortcut.

- Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.

- In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:

"fm.exe" --reset_preferences

- Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

Hi Blades,

If you have nothing constructive to add, please do not add 'anything' - all of the issues are now FULLY resolvable.

So either use them or do not post any further - you are NOT helping the situation.

Please consider this a warning, we are working hard to help customers who want to be helped.

Regards,

Murray

When i open steam it tries to update and then i get an error message saying 'steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll'

but i installed steam for the 1st time ever yesterday from the fm09 cd.

Hi Monkey_Bill - please can you raise a support ticket on the STEAM website - this is definitely an error with their product.

You could always reinstall and select the Non-Steam option to keep you running whilst STEAM resolve your issue. Don't worry your save game WILL be compatible.

Archived