Rinnakkain - [FM09 Skin]

TomDixon77

Are you using the left hand side version? If you are, you still need the other folder, as it inherits just about everything from it.

p.s. I'd missed a bit out of the background selector (cheers radestock) on the left hand side version, to fix it just copy the contents of this zipfile into your skins fodler, and say yes when it asks you if you want to overwrite anything.

hmm, still can't get it to work. Just gets stuck on the 'loading image data for new skin' screen after I've confirmed. What boxes do I want ticked:

- use skin cache

- always reload skin on confirm

Not installed skins for a while and I've forgotten it all :p

Use skin cache should be unticked.

That file is corrupt mate. Cant extract.

I've just downloaded it and extracted it ok. Is anyone else having a problem with it?

Hi, I used Aventyr for FM08 which had a feature that created background logos from normal logos (I think - I certainly had no background logos but they were present in the skin). Is there anyway to get this skin to achieve the same effect in the lower titlebar area?

Hi, I used Aventyr for FM08 which had a feature that created background logos from normal logos (I think - I certainly had no background logos but they were present in the skin). Is there anyway to get this skin to achieve the same effect in the lower titlebar area?

Yes. You'll need to tinker with some xml though.

First of all make a copy of titlebar.xml in rinnakkain\panels

Edit titlebar.xml, and find this text - <!-- background logo -->

Remove the container below it (it should be about 20 lines, and stops when you reach <!-- lower titlebar effect overlay -->)

Then where the container was, put the following in:

<container height="60" width="190">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="60"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="5"/>

<!-- Main Logo -->

<widget class="picture" id="rgtF" scale_picture="true" transparency="0.25" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="180" width="180" image_alignment="centre">

<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="mnpc" set_property="file" skip_if_null="false"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="mprc" set_property="srec" skip_if_null="false"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bkcl" set_property="rrep"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="fcol" set_property="grep"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ocol" set_property="brep"/>

</widget>

</container>

Save the file and reload the skin.

Very nice skin Captain. Just a question though, in the screenshot of your squad there are tabs for best position, assists and so on that aren't there by default. And they arent there when I use your skin either. I remember you could edit the panels team squad and add them. However there isn't that file in your skins panel folder and I don't know how to make one from scratch.

Is that file in your graphics/panel folder? Would you be able to send it to me or teach me how to do it? It would be much much appreciated.

Also do files in graphics/panel folder override skin ones? I forgot since I haven't done any of that stuff in fm08 for months and even then I could only do a little bit and was mostly clueless.

Very nice skin Captain. Just a question though, in the screenshot of your squad there are tabs for best position, assists and so on that aren't there by default. And they arent there when I use your skin either. I remember you could edit the panels team squad and add them. However there isn't that file in your skins panel folder and I don't know how to make one from scratch.

Is that file in your graphics/panel folder? Would you be able to send it to me or teach me how to do it? It would be much much appreciated.

Also do files in graphics/panel folder override skin ones? I forgot since I haven't done any of that stuff in fm08 for months and even then I could only do a little bit and was mostly clueless.

I keep things like that in a seperate panels folder, on the same level as the skins folder, as they need a decent screen resolution (1600x1200 and up is best). I've zipped up my extra panels fodler (there's a few other little changes, mostly to do with logo sizes on news items and the match screen, as well as radestock's mod to remove the 3d kits), which you can get here. Just extract the contents into your documents\sports interactive\football manager 2009 folder, and reload your skin.

Hi. Very nice skin but I cannot seem to access the panels file you uploaded either. Any chance of uploading it again?

I have been editing the skin to suit my own personal taste but missed one bit and cannot for the life of me figure out what I missed and where it lives within the directory. I have posted the screenshot below. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

I am also looking at adding the squad screen icon to the bar at the top. It is present on the default skin and makes things much easier considering how the new menu operates. Would it be a big job to add this do you reckon?

http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28711343nh0.jpg

This skin is really nice, but not quite up to the high standards you set yourself last season.

Main gripe I have currently is the "quicklinks" menu - I personally prefer having single-click links to my main pages, and 2 clicks seems to take the value away from using the term "quick" to describe them...

I can't unzip the panels file either unfortunately. Tried using winzip then again with the Compressed Folders extractor which told me it didn't recognise the compression method.

I had the same problem. Download a copy of 7zip and extract using that. Should be fine :thup:

Right, got the skin loaded, as well as the additional panels and I really like it.

Just a few points I've noticed - the news mouse overlay information at the top seems to disappear occasionally.

Also, when I click 'Discipline Player For' I don't have any action - it just says in grayed out writing 'no action'.

Right, got the skin loaded, as well as the additional panels and I really like it.

Just a few points I've noticed - the news mouse overlay information at the top seems to disappear occasionally.

Also, when I click 'Discipline Player For' I don't have any action - it just says in grayed out writing 'no action'.

News mouse overlay? The discipline player action is nothing to do with the skin, I've just tried it and got no action, then reloaded the default skin and got the same result.

can someone who downloaded this and got it to extract,rar it up again in .rar format so us who cant unzip it, get the skin?

Just download 7zip, it's free and can deal with .7z files (which I'll be using from now on as they are generally much smaller than zip/rar files)

News mouse overlay? The discipline player action is nothing to do with the skin, I've just tried it and got no action, then reloaded the default skin and got the same result.

What I meant by "news mouse overlay" was that the news headlines flash up at the top of the screen and by holding the mouse over the headline the story pops up. I found that if I clicked anywhere on the screen to another page (say to look at a player) then the headlines did not pop up again.

What I meant by "news mouse overlay" was that the news headlines flash up at the top of the screen and by holding the mouse over the headline the story pops up. I found that if I clicked anywhere on the screen to another page (say to look at a player) then the headlines did not pop up again.

Hmmm. I've just tried it and it worked a couple of time, then didn't. I'll have a see if there's anything I can do.

Just download 7zip, it's free and can deal with .7z files (which I'll be using from now on as they are generally much smaller than zip/rar files)

Well 7zip does not work on Mac so i have a bit of a problem then.So if everybody started using .7z files you would make them unavailabke for people who use Mac

You can only discipline a player if they done something wrong. So unless they just been sent off or something it will be greyed out. Nowt to do with the skin. Been like this since FM2008.

Thank you!

Looks like I will have to make some danish premier league (sas liga) logos myself though. Bummer :D

I'll give it a go.

I've already done all three levels for Denmark (I just haven't uploaded them yet) I'll upload them in a minute (make sure you've got 7zip, if you haven't already)

http://files.filefront.com/denmark7z/;12412249;/fileinfo.html

I've already done all three levels for Denmark (I just haven't uploaded them yet) I'll upload them in a minute (make sure you've got 7zip, if you haven't already)

http://files.filefront.com/denmark7z/;12412249;/fileinfo.html

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and everything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Sorry to bother you further, but the logos hosted on Susie is broken. Or the link is broken.

I was wondering if there's any other place I can get the Serie A + B pack? And possibly the Portugal and Scotland ones :rolleyes:

I didn't make the Italian or Portuguese logos, so I don't know where you'd get them from now (I'm planning on releasing a euopean pack, eventually, hopefully).

I've put the Scottish logos onto filefront (There's no Annan Athetic, as I couldn't find anything close to a decent picture of their logo)

http://files.filefront.com/scotland7z/;12412701;/fileinfo.html

I didn't make the Italian or Portuguese logos, so I don't know where you'd get them from now (I'm planning on releasing a euopean pack, eventually, hopefully).

I've put the Scottish logos onto filefront (There's no Annan Athetic, as I couldn't find anything close to a decent picture of their logo)

http://files.filefront.com/scotland7z/;12412701;/fileinfo.html

Thanks. You are good people!

I'll just wait it out with the Portuguese and Italians one. I can pick those up along with the Swedish one in the superpack. Tick tock ;)

But honestly you are da bom'

Archived