JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
had a sneaky feeling you might move to Germany Des.... good luck there.

And what gave you that feeling? The fact there is no one playing there and I like to spread the love around. Also I wanted to test the land out and see what they came up with :) I spent last night analysing my squad, I have a couple of players who are likely to stay, but the rest may be leaving after I search for frees to replace them.

AD Fafe initial review.

AD Fafe chairman has offered unproven manager Max T a 2 year deal worth £625 a week

Paulo Freitas

Primo

Ricardo Jorge

Rui Ribeiro

Victor Borges

Kita

Max

Hehe AD Fafe, Good Luck Max. If you want to see results I would be changing the majority of your players, these were the only ones that survived season 1 for me, I would be tempted to line Freitas up from the start. As for the rest of them if you can find someone better use them, the team is fairly average at the start.

sky_sports_news.jpg

*** EXCLUSIVE ***

"So Richard, you've agreed to take over at Real Oviedo. What made you join the club?"

"thank you Richard. So, will he bring success to the Estadio Carlos Tartiere, and put Real Oviedo back where they belong? we shall see."

Good Lcuk Richard, hopefully you can enjoy this game more :)

i guessed Germany as you had had a little dabble there while waiting for FM09... thought you may want to go and finish the job.

As for Oviedo i'm sure i will enjoy it. it's not that i wasn't 'enjoying' Red Star, i kind of was. it just hadn't 'hooked' me like Como did so i thought i'd try something else whilr still early in career. i may well go back to Red Star, and i've kept the save - i'm just trying to revive Oviedo first

Des Tiny's VFb Lubeck 2009/10

Pre-Season Update

Before the games started I had some funny things to report on.

Untitled User - Yes my Holiday Manager got offered a job.

The originals

Vfb Lubeck - What are they really like?

Club Facts before my takeover

Average Facilities - At least its a start.

Here is our new Manager

So life at the club took a turn for the worse for at least eleven players who were either sold or released before the season really got underway, I couldn't keep players who weren't going to give me a shot, though I ended up spending a lot more money than I expected and am now 10k over my wage budget, I have a stunning looking first XI, but behing that my stocks are a bit thin on thr ground and this depth could end up being my problem.

The Starters

Reyering - Second striker, a class below, but hopefully enough.

Allagui - The Number 1 Striker, I hope he can sink the ball.

Baier - This guy will be the creative spark on attack.

Michalke - On the Left wing he is the best we have, a bit poor but no one else.

Ciceres - My left back looks like the right stuff.

Metzelder - A famous name and hopefully soon a famous reputation.

Susak - And Australian Central defender lets see what he does.

Gaede - He will be the anchorman in this line-up, I hope he knows what to do.

Paulus - The Right wing is no better than the left.

Engel - My Right Back? (Not sure)

Eilhoff - He's my Goalie I think...

So the squad is strong but has no depth, please a drop in injuries would be great.

The Friendlies

These did not go well. Though facing all teams from higher leagues didn't help. 1 Draw and 5 losses scoring 2 goals and allowing 13 this is a serious problem.

So now lets hope that the beginning of this season is better and give us a shot as we face Dresden first up.

Scouting in germany is sweet, I can scout all of Europe as well as Argentina, Brazil, Mexico & Tunisia.

Ok some weird rules in germany third division.

Match Squad Must:

4 Under 23 Germans

No more than 3 non-EU players

Cannot have more than 3 players aged over 23

And finally: "Not allowed to sign Non-EU players from abroad"

Yet my first match I have at least 7 players over 23 and no comment from the rules...WTH!?!

Susak the Australian defender you've got Des, actually played for my home team last year. Adelaide United signed when at the time he was still on a Serbian passport. He played a few impressive games for us early, but by the end of the season, he only made the bench when we were in the middle of an injury crisis and needed someone to keep the bench warm for Burnsy and Bruce Djite when they got tired. I don't think he contributed during our early ACL games before he was shipped off.

Hope he performs alot better for you Des, Good luck mate

thoseplayers look alright. some good quality in there. like the look of Caceres. Allagui looks like he could do well too. as for the cup, maybe it's just to do with numbers of teams in the cup??

as for scouting, that's really good. there aren't many foreigner rules in Germany so i'd be straight out in Brazil and Argentina!! i can scout central europe so looking for a few gems.

As for Real Oviedo, i'm working hard pre-season trialling players. i've brought in quite a few kids on loan too and quite excited by a few of them.....

Yeah only rule is in 3rd Division I can only sign non-EU players from within Germany, which means if they are from Brazil & Argentina they have to have Spanish or Portuguese as a second nationality. And Pluckaduck as for Susak I knew I recognised the name, he is the guy who played brillantly against my home team Wellington Phoenix. Damn I might have to sell him off now just because of that haha. I am enjoying Germany, though without a loss in the league I am extremely happy, as for the cup there are teams from the regional divisions competing which is why I think its a bug :p I am very happy with the starting XI, as for the rest I can sort them out later.

Max I would suggest the TT&F threads, they talk you through the tips for how to build a good tactic, and if you read it all and understand it not only can you build a tactic that will work generally you will do a lot better.

As for myself I have found that the odds on FM09 are even screwier than they were on FM08, so its really hard to tell if I am really Favourite or the bookies are just being stupid, so I pretty much start out with a tactic halfway between attack & defense and then work from there during the game.

be careful of that bug... hits some people and not others.....

I believe it struck me once in 2008, This time I have learnt that the Save as button is a much better friend of mine and saving with a date as well, it does mean I have like 50-100 saves, but oh well just delete them if it gets too slow. As for putting work over it I don't have much choice working 12 hour days this fortnight haha, only way to get through.

Real Oviedo - Spanish Second Division B1 - September 2009

Seeing as the transfer window has now shut, i thought it was time for you to 'meet the team' that will hopefully lay the building blocks for our challenge.

Nauzet - GK - signed on the eve of the new season on a free transfer, he has immediately become our No. 1. GK. Solid if unspectacular.

Rafael Solves - RB - signed on a free transfer. Brings some experience to our defensive line.

Ignacio Alfonso - LB - Our only 'money' signing, costing a mighty £2,000!! highly recommended by our scouts, Ignacio is a solid full-back

Dani Hedrera - CB - A 'veteran' of the side, having been at the club on my arrival. Dani is our best rated CB. Decent all round stats for a CB.

Manu Hervas - CB - Manu is on loan from Getafe and is a good signing for the club. Manu is a versatile player who could yet play further up the park.

Jose Maria - CM - Another Oviedo veteran. solid midfielder who's performances are better than his stats suggest.

Mario Prieto - CM - Mario has already been identified by myself as one of our better players. If Mario plays well, Real Oviedo will probably play well.

Lander Gabilondo - AMR - Lander is on loan at Oviedo from Real Sociedad. provides great pace down the wing, another whos performances are better than his stats.

Lucas Trecarichi - AML - On paper, the star of the team. Lucas is very highly rated on the game, and arrives on a season loan from new parent club Sevilla. Am delighted to have him and he's been great on the left. One to watch for sure ( i'll get the screenie on for him soon hopefully)

Emiliano Vecchio - AMC - free transfer signing, the young Argentine is going to be a star for Real Oviedo. delighted with this signing. Hopefully he'll help push us up the league.

Jorge Rodriguez - ST - I have already identified Jorge as THE man for this club. if he can score the goals, we'll be there or thereabouts. Wanted by a number of clubs, Jorge is happy to stay and has signed a new contract to 2012 with a £2.5 million release fee clause. hopefully this will coll interest in him. if Jorge can carry on his pre-season form i'll be delighted.

Transfers

Tactics - i have decided to go with the 'fashionable' 4-2-3-1 formation for two reasons. The first is a lack of real quality strikers, and this is coupled with the fact we have some great attacking midfielders. time will tell if it will work.

We have now played 3 games in the league. A 2-1 away win at Deportivo B on the opening day was a solid start. Our first home game was aginst Ferrol who were heavily fancied. A fantastic performance saw us win 5-0, :eek: with Rodriguez bagging a first-half hat-trick. :D This temporarily put us top of the league. However, in our next game away at Fuenlebrada (sp??) we were brought crashing down to earth with a 4-1 defeat. Seems this league might be a bit tougher than it initially looked!!

they did around the back end of the 20th century. that was one factor in taking them over - to take them back to the top. added into this was the fact that a few years ago i played a game as them and enjoyed it so i thought i might stick with this game a little better. they also have pretty good facilities so this would help hurry the process a little so to speak.

am enjoying the game so far - it's nice to be able to sign half decent players!! :D

yeah, i 'd say they are probably the 'easiest' team for the challenge in Spain so to speak - not to say it will be easy mind!! i think realistically that it might make a few years difference in potentially completing the challenge, but it will still be extremely difficult to topple Real and Barcelona.... The larger stadium will help in the short term as can draw plenty more fans (although maintenance costs will also obviously increase...) but it may well mean that this will be the size i always have as the board may be less keen to developa new stadium.... Finances in the early days at least aren't too great, although i am now making decent money...

as for reloads, they came up on the second one. there are a couple of other decent teams in Spain for the challenge, such as Badajoz and L'Hospitalet but plenty of small teams for the real long term gamer to play.

As for the loan signings, i do have maybe a few more than i'd like, but it's partly due to the fact my wage budget is currently pretty tight and that i have almost no money to spend on transfers. In the medium to long term i want to own my own players obviously, but in the short term i have had to draft in a few to ensure the 22-man squad (limited to this number...) is of a decent standard. with a bit of luck next season we will have made some money and i'll have more to spend on bringing in my own players on permanent deals....

And so the challenge begins!!

RW Essen is where Gareth Stitt has shown up to work. The team are a supposed growing force in German football....will it be long before they record a famous Cup win? Or even a title in their first season at this level in a long time? Only time will tell!

Manager Profile

http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/CaptainStarbuster/Football%20Manager%202009/?action=view&current=ManagerProfileRWEssen.jpg

Congrats Capt, just a warning, it seems only the Non-EU rule is enforced in germany 3rd Division, but I would watch out as there are a couple of other rules listed, that I am worried may affect us later on. Good Luck.

As for Richard I love the squad and past glory is always something to hope for.

So very jealous that all you guys are involved in FM09! I hope to get FM09 before xmas but if not then after xmas will have to do ! I have a few days off and hopefully I can convince the wife that I should play some FM09 !! Good luck all and I will try and work out whether I fancy France again or Spain ......

So very jealous that all you guys are involved in FM09! I hope to get FM09 before xmas but if not then after xmas will have to do ! I have a few days off and hopefully I can convince the wife that I should play some FM09 !! Good luck all and I will try and work out whether I fancy France again or Spain ......

give her some money to go shopping.... ;):D

What is up with my ****ing computer it keeps ****ing crashing the game for ****s sake so i have to tryed it on the other computer and have gone for portugal and fafe but when i get my computer fixed i will be back with C.F Palencia as i was having a gret time managing them

Well well well....finally...and I repeat...FINALLY - I'm back in town and raring to get the FM09 version of this challenge underway :)

I'm going to holiday in Italy despite the bug and see if it works for me. If it does and Albalonga are still a possibility there's a very strong chance I'll take the reigns there again :D

Excited. Very very excited.

Archived