JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Richard, you wanted a background for Real Oviedo...did you get one, or still wanting one? I answered you in FMG Live, but guess you forgot to check it...?

oh yeah, i hadn't checked it last couple of days..... i kind of made one but not great. ideally i'd want it for team screen and for home matches.....

:( See now thats just not right, I checked your players and all are of a lower class than mine, yet yours score goals and until this season mine just don't :p

If I had been able to score I would've been promoted season 1 when I only conceded 30 goals or season two with 20 or season 3 conceding just 16...

:( See now thats just not right, I checked your players and all are of a lower class than mine, yet yours score goals and until this season mine just don't :p

If I had been able to score I would've been promoted season 1 when I only conceded 30 goals or season two with 20 or season 3 conceding just 16...

it was lucky as my stikers were **** before the 5th game of the promotion stage they were okay in the first phase though.

im sure your manage promotion this year good luck

Max

I know my squad is well equipped, well I ended up getting absolutely nothing done on my game today as I spent it watching bad American Talk Show Clips and editing my music collection from 8000+ songs now down to under 4000 and the collection is being slashed more, I want a managable list of music I might actually listen too :)

So I think Sunday is going to be my day of Fafe.

I know my squad is well equipped, well I ended up getting absolutely nothing done on my game today as I spent it watching bad American Talk Show Clips and editing my music collection from 8000+ songs now down to under 4000 and the collection is being slashed more, I want a managable list of music I might actually listen too :)

So I think Sunday is going to be my day of Fafe.

Disgraceful:rolleyes::D

Real Oviedo - Spanish Second Division B1 - 30th December 2009

just a quick update as we're at the half way point.

table

squad

as you can see we're currently 3rd, where we have been for some time. really happy with the season so far. as the top-4 go into promotion play-offs, i'd take this now!! highlight of the season has to be our 4-1 home win against Cultural Leonesa.

as for the squad, barring injuries i have a settled starting XI. Rodriguez is proving the star, averaging almost a goal a game, and is still heavily courted by other clubs. i am still looking to strengthen a bit and have signed Javier Garrido to provide competition at RB. however, he currently has injury problems and hasn't featured as yet.

So as we go into 2010 i'm pretty happy, and hopefully we can cement our play-off place. i've just read the tactics 'bible' from the forum and am developing my solid tactic to make it even better. hopefully this will pay off.

AD FAFE END OF SEASON REVIEW 09-10

League

League Table First Phase

Promotion Stage

Promotion Playoff Semi Final

Promotion Playoff Final

My thoughts

A great first season in charge a lot more than i expected. Hernani was excellent contributing 12 goals and 8 assists, another player to have and excellent season was Angelo who contributed 10 goals and 7 assists from 22games he would have proberly got 25 goas if it wasn't for his injury.

Coelho was a good performer as well i knew with him in goal i could throw more players forward into attack he may have conceded 39 goals in 38 games but he kept 15 clean sheets and the number of goal conceded would have been a lot less if my defenders were quicker.

So a great first season in the league managing to get promoted at the first attempt however some new players of a higher "calibre" need to be brought to mprove a decent squad.

Cup

So we started our cup campain with the board expecting us to get to the 4th round.

2nd round

In the 2nd round of the cup Fafe were paired against Maria Da Fonte. a canoa double in the first half was enough to over power them and see us throught to the third round were we will play.

3rd Round

In the 3rd round we will play Sesimbra who again we beat 2-0 tis time the goals were scored by Djalmir and Dani in the scond half. so on to he 4th round it is were we will play.

4th round

In the 4th round we were drawn against fellow second division A side Tirsense. after beating them 2-0 in the league game earlier in the season i wasn't expecting us to win so easily but we did winning 2-0 with goals from Angelo and Ricardo as we cruised into the 5th roun were we will play.

5th round

In the 5th round we were paired against top division outfit braga i wasn't expecting anything out of the game so it came as a schock when hernani scores a screamer to give us the lead early in the first half and even more of a schock when we still had that lead at the interval.

Two disallowed goals in the second half meant we held the advantage until the 70th minute when braga eqaulized. and to extra time it went. extra time started with a great run from hernani to deliver a low cross which Djalmir skied over from 6 yards and then they scored to make it 2-1 it stayed that way until with 2 minutes left they scored again to make there lead decisive however before that we hit the wood work twice.

This game was really a case of what would have been.

So and excellent cup run there where we really should have got further thn we did hopefully we can progress further next year and get to the 1/4 finals.

More Screenshots

Hernani

Angelo

Coelho

Dodgy finances

So a Great first season in charge of Fafe i am delighted with the promotion and the cup run but im distraught by how we were knocked out.

Targets for next term

. Improve Squad

. Get a better cup run

. fix dodgy finances

. get a top half finish in the league

. perfect the tactics

. enjoy myself

Max

Well finally I managed to finish my first season with Portugalete, it has taken me a while due to two reasons, the first is that i have had lots of work to do recently and secondly because most of my time spent on the game was mainly spent on player search trying desperatly to bolster my very weak squad.

I have been keeping up with the thread whenever I come online, but hopefully i will be able to be more active in what is becoming a really interesting challenge and just for rlipscombe, Real Oviedo finished as champions of the Second division B1 on my game so i am counting on you to repeat that feat ;)

C.F. Portugalete End of Season Review 08/09

League Table

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/Leaguetable09.jpg

Squad

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/Squad09.jpg

Transfers

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/Transfers09.jpg

As you can see the table was quite tight but i was ahead of the relegation candidates for the majority of the season, there was even a period where my team ventured into the unfamiliar territory of mid table after a 5 game streak of not even conceding.

The start of the season didn't make me cheer with delight that i had picked a really good side, instead i was frustrated with the lack of performances that the team were producing and after 6 games i had picked up 2 points and scored 2 goals.

After that the team seemed to come from nowhere to find confidence and duly delivered to pick up 3 wins in 4 games. From the end of that run was where five games without conceding took place, depsite the team not playing amazingly. The rest of the season was a tale of a team that dominated in possession but the strikers were letting the team down by scuffing chances or not even having them. It took until the very last game, in which i needed to win to guarantee a place in this division for the next year, that i had to wait for the best performance of the season, winning 3-0. This result was a big relief for me because as we were winning so were the team below me and they put in a battling performance to win 4-3.

The squad came together towards the end of the season after i managed to make some signings, whereas the orginal sqaud were always a bit tetchy. The only players that really shone were Villalba (Right Wing), who scored 5 and assisting 7, and Urko (GK) who managed 10 clean sheets throughout the season and was a force in goal all season.

You may remember that a Welsh businessman took over at the club with a lot of money, who gave me £3.5m transfer budget, £27k wage budget and a balance of £14.5m, despite that players don't seem to be that attracted. Also the club is maging to make around £15-£20k a month, im not sure on what but its happy to see. I did think that with that much money he would want immediate success, however, he loves the club and is being very patient, so I am hoping to repay his faith in me sometime soon.

For next season i will be looking to find a striker that can regulary bang goals in and keep persisting in my quest to get the training/youth facilities upgraded despite the board being annoyed at my constant requests (its not as if we are strapped for cash). In the long run i am aiming to bring through youngsters because of my basque only policy, so it is something i really want to address.

Also rlipscombe where did you get the club logo for Real Oviedo because i have been looking around to download ones for spain but i can't find any, thanks.

Max - you've got a few decent players there - good luck for next season and congrats again on promotion....

Flashman - congrats on staying up. with you policy of basques only - which i love - it's a great achievement. hopefully you can build from here. As for Oviedo finishing top, puts the pressure on a bit!! and there was me thinking i was doing well!!

as for the logos, i got them from sortitoutsi for FM08, and i copied them across to the new game. if you can't find them i can upload them somewhere for you if you wish. i have backgrounds too if you'd be interested.....

Well not good.

Did a season with Belvedere and came 7th. Very pleasing year all in all. The main problem I'm having is with the assistant manager not being there so I've decided to start again. This time I'm going to try Italy again but experiment with whoever I choose and see if it is indeed a bug or whether I can actually use him in-game. If its possible you'll find me back in Italy. However if the bug exists I'll be heading to Spain :thup:

Gonna read over what I've missed on this page the last day or so and probably post my thoughts shortly :D

Well Flashman well done and max good work on the promotion. rlipscombe you appear to be doing well, keep it up!

So I've also just had a look and realised the bug is slightly avoidable - I just need to take over a team with an ass man already there :)

Italy it is...but who?!

Okey dokey after about 2 hours of scouting for options and then experimenting to see if the ass man bug occurs I have finally settled on little-known Italian outfit Savona Calcio!!

Some interesting facts - Savona is a seaport town in northern Italy that overlooks the Mediterranean sea. The club's stadium is called the Valerio Bacigalupo, named after Italian goalkeeper of the same name who died in the tragic Superga disaster of 1949(check it out if you've never heard of it - the Italian version of Munich :(). Famous Savonesi include World Cup Winner Christian Panucci and Pope Julius II. So there is a hint of fame and celebrity present in Savona - how long will it be until Savona becomes the celebrity capital of the footballing world? I'm going to make a prediction - in the Champions League by 2020 :D

And so it begins.........

i wont be able to play my Fafe game for a couple of days as the charger for my laptop has stoped working. :mad::thdn::mad:

Hopefully a new one will come tommorow or tuesday it's annoying.

Will post screenshots of my squad when i get my computer working again

Max

good luck in Savona iacovone - hopefully the bug won't strike you in any way. well done 1st season with Albalonga by the way.

unlucky with the charger max. maybe it'll give Des a chance to get on level terms????

yeh hopefully he can catch up so i can have some competition.:D

I have built a decent squad

Some new signings that i remember

Alex Junior

Kanu

Hesley

messi (sadly not lionel :( however look s decent player)

dimarte

and a couple of others how i cant remeber

Ricahard hows Oveido going and good luck with Savona Iacovone.

Now all i have to do is wait for the fooking charger to come hopefully it is tommorow.

Max

So hoping to not jinx it, this season has started brilliantly, I am currently at the half way stage 11 games played for a 7-4-0 record, scoring 25 goals and allowing only 8. 25pts which puts me 7 clear.

My new strikers have been machines, Garcia has 8 goals in the League with 14 overall in 12 games.

We are into the 5th round of the cup, having defeated three easy beats so far, but delighted with that progress, we are unbeaten in 22 games, and 19 league games.

Now all I need to do is build this into the second half of the season and show that AD Fafe by Des Tiny are the team to beat. My squad as a unit are amazing, my squad harmony bar is full and all around this team just keep on clicking, of course it is still early days, but I am enjoying this season. My Cup results are 4-0, 5-3 (vs 2DB team), 6-0. So 15 goals there added to the 25 in the league gives me 40 goals in only 14 games this season, my best goalscoring yet, and I have in those games only allowed 11, so my better attack is not giving up goals.

made it through the January transfer window unscathed, with nobody departing. Made 1 signing, a French Defensive midfielder for free who will add competition to an area of the park where we have quite a few 'loan' players. Am also excited by some of the players i have joining the club in July on Bosmans. Managed to sign another Spanish striker who is rated as good as Rodriguez, so have high hopes for him...

As for the league, we're having a little wobble as i continue to fine tune the tactics. we have slipped to 4th in the league, which is still good enough for the play-offs, but the top 2 have broken a way from the pack. Plenty of time still left to go so not panicing yet.

good luck richard hopefully your get promoted and catch up with the leadimg pack good luck mate

i don't really need to catch up with the pack as such... just need a top-4 finish. top-4 go into play-offs with the corresponding teams in the other 3 divisions... that's when it really matters.

Des looking good for you, keep it up!

rlipscombe as always I'd love to see some screenies! Any chance of a Rodriguez and his future partner? Cheers

there is a screenie of Rodriguez in post 328, though that was back in september. i can do an updated one for you. And i will do one for "Aranda" (i'm sure it's his name... ;) ) as well. whether they will play together we will see. in my current formation there only be room for one of them...

looking forward to seeing the stars that are going to kick start Savona's push to the champions league!!

I'm afraid I'm going to require an up to date screenshot buddy :p.

EDIT: Just looked at him, class player! I also recognised Emilio Vecchia - I think I had him at Albalonga, not 100% sure - but I've definitely worked with him before! Great little player :thup:

So a very quick update 5 games to go in the first phase sitting in 1st place 4 points clear with a 11-5-1 record having scored 33 goals and conceding only 11. Have guaranteed my teams spot in the Promotion stage and set-up a great shot at a repeat Championship title. The Cup run is going well too, with AD Fafe in the 5th round vs a fellow 2 Division team in Barrierense, so progression to the next stage looks likely, the highest average attendance in the 2DA and a great looking team. Garcia has scored 18 goals so far this season and I am delighted with the way they have been performing as a squad. Bring on the Promotion Stage.

Iacovone good luck with Savona looking forward to seeing those "gems" hurry up and get those screen shots up.:D

Deshopefully your manage promotion this year good luck mate and can you post a screenie of garcia mate.

Lucky git in the cup looks like you have a clear run to the quarter finals good luck.

Richard good luck on securing a top four finish fingers crossed you make it and also get a up to date screenie of rodreiguez up please.

Benjaminoo looks a decent backup hopefully He doesn't retire or get crap.

hopefully my charger will come today so i can get started on my second season.

max

Archived