JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

2009/10 AD Fafe End of Season Update

So you all saw Fafe make the Promotion Stage of the Portuguese Second Division A, and you all saw the spectacular cup run that finished with a loss at home against Benfica. So all that is left to tell is how the Promotion stage went and how my players are looking at the end of the season. And I guess I can show you the 18 Free Transfers I made to start the season.

Promotion Phase

In the promotion phase of the Portuguese Leagues you face off against the top 6 from your own division in a home and away series, and the top team from each division qualifies for the Semi-Finals, the winners of these two games are the teams promoted while the rest return to their leagues for another season. I was to face off against Gondomar SC (1st 59pts), Lousada (2nd 38pts), Ribeira Brava (3rd 36pts), AD Fafe (4th 35pts), Ribeirao (5th 34pts) and Moreirense (6th 29pts). So I was really a midtable team heading into the phase and all i could hope for was to improve on this. First up I took on the League Champion Gondomar SC away.

at Gondomar SC     1-1

I was delighted to steal a point from them on the road, only 2 teams had achieved this in the league and previously they had beaten me 2-1 & 2-1.

vs Ribeirao        3-0

Even better than the previous result this put me on top of the table, and looking at the possibilities if I got promoted.

at Lousada         0-1
vs Moreirense      3-1
at Ribeira Brava   1-1

Halfway through and I was sitting in second just behind the previous League winners, it was going to be a tight battle through the second half, but beating them first up would be the main aim.

vs Gondomar SC     1-2
at Ribeirao        2-0
vs Lousada         3-2
vs Moreirense      1-0
at Ribeira Brava   1-0

This combination of results left me 4 points shy of Gondomar SC and let me finish 2nd in the Promotion Phase. I was happy with this for my first season, and with plans to build the team in the offseason and improve, I was hoping I could pull it off next year.

My rotation policy was necessary as a large number of players got unhappy, so my Squad have their stats reasonably spread between them, the clear problem is the lack of a goalscorer, hopefully my july signings will find one who can get them in the net.

The Stars of AD Fafe 2009/10

33. Ivo - with Ivo in the net, I was able to attack and know that most of the time he would clean up at the back, in the new season I have a younger back-up coming in so it may cause rotation in goal as well.

11. Djalmir - The number one goalscorer this season, but with large periods without scoring and at 34 he needs replacing.

44. Kipulo - A star at left back, Kipulo also is my penalty taker and number on target on corners, he may not be the most amazing player, but he is solid and thats what I need.

20. Santana - He ended as my second best striker, but because of injuries and rotation he didn't get the game time he probably deserved, again he will probably be replaced in the new season.

66. Primo - He did a very similar job to Kipulo all season covering the right back slot, Primo really was Primo, I think my wide players are the only ones safe in their places for next year.

13. Ernesto - On the right wing Ernesto was hitting the strikers with every cross, if they had been better his assists tally would be through the roof. As it is he did some amazing things.

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Club History

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|
|  Season  | Division  | First Phase Pos | Promotion Phase Pos |
| 2009/10  |   2nd A   |       4th       |        2nd          |
| 2010/11  |   2nd A   |       ???       |        ???          |

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2010 Pre-World Cup Update

If everyone at the end of their season could post these, it would be great to know who makes it regularly and who doesn't.

Here are the groups for the Cup

Group A

Chile

Italy

New Zealand

Sweden

Group B

Czech Republic

England

Saudi Arabia

Senegal

Group C

Australia

Colombia

Portugal

South Africa

Group D

Brazil

Togo

Turkey

USA

Group E

Algeria

Greece

Japan

Spain

Group F

Argentina

Cameroon

Mexico

Russia

Group G

Holland

Nigeria

South Korea

Ukraine

Group H

Costa Rica

Germany

France

Uruguay

I think my biggest shock is New Zealand made it via a stunning 2-0 win over Iran.

Des Tiny's AD Fafe Youth Update

Also including the Second Round Draw for the World Cup

I am playing JoseRR's Challenge based in Portugal

I shall pick two players each season, in the first season they are likely to feature from my bench for a few games each season, and hopefully get a start or two as well as playing in my Under 19s. In the second season they will either go on loan to my feeder club Imortal or they will feature strongly in my seniors. The first player each season will be my Ass Man's suggestion and the other one will be the one of my choice. So lets meet the class of 2010.

Player 1a - Vitor Henriques - POR - AMC

July 2010

|----------|---------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|
|  Season  |  Squad  | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
| 2010/11  |         |       |       |         |     |         |

Player 1b - Jose Antunes - POR - AMC

July 2010

|  Season  |  Squad  | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
| 2010/11  |         |       |       |         |     |         |

World Cup Second Round

Czech Republic vs Chile

Sweden vs England

USA vs South Africa

Brazil vs Portugal

Cameroon vs Spain

Argentina vs Japan

Holland vs Uruguay

Germany vs Nigeria

And of course I have to include New Zealand's battle in the Group A.

vs Chile 1-4

vs Sweden 1-3

vs Italy 0-2

No really embarrassing scores but going home without a point is kinda stink.

Oh well Des Tiny will keep the pride of New Zealand going in Fafe.

2010/11 Des Tiny's AD Fafe New Beginnings Update

So heading into the new season there are a few things to update on. First of all are the new signings I have attracted and the players I have let go.

Transfers

Some of the new players I think might be ones to watch are:

96. Ruben - My new Left Winger, hopefully he is a step up from the two who shared the job last season and can cause some havoc.

66. Joao Fernandes - I had real trouble in the defensive midfield last season and the result is a new signing who looks capable of assisting towards promotion.

13. Jonathan - Last season Player of the Year Primo is getting on a bit, so here is his young fit replacement. A single international cap for Venezuela and he has stepped straight into my squad.

7. Pedro Freita - The young goalkeeper is going to play rotation this season with Ivo as he works on being the fulltime first team keeper in a couple of years time.

The Squads

Seniors

Youth + Extras

Other News

In other news, I forgot to inform you of my new link with Imortal, a team you will remember I managed in this challenge last year for a short while, hoping I can get them promoted with sending them my excess players. I told the board that we were going to challenge for the title again in 2010/11 and they gave me a 2.07k Transfer Budget and a 9k wage budget (about 2k more than last year), I am still well under the wage budget which considering the club is losing money will be a good thing. The announcement of the end of the season came along listing Kipulo (DL) & Primo (DR) as the signings of the season, which I could Understand after their quality all season. Primo was named Fans Player of the Year and the Best XI was announced. My club is currently predicted to finish 6th again, which is just not acceptable for me, I believe Fafe should be top 2 material even with both relegated teams in my division.

World Cup Update

Spain have defeated Japan 2-0 in the final to lift the Cup, while England crashed out to Sweden in the second round. Japan defeated Argentina, Uruguay & Czech Republic to make the final, but Spain just wanted it more.

Financial Trouble

Oh Crap I think I might be in a bit of trouble losing that much money, hopefully they don't start restricting me, I knew I was losing money, jsut hoped it wasn't that bad.

2009/10 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

Monsanto avoid the drop !

Well the second phase of the season was touch and go through all ten games, but thanks to some great performances by new signing Magno we have managed to stay up. Our finances are still terrible and we cant afford anyone new.

Fans player of the year was Tiago Melo, who's just turned 17.

Des you're right about my 4-5-1. It is far too reliant on the lone striker having a good game to be successful. In 10/11 we are going to have to change things and attack games I think.:rolleyes:

looks a great prospect ther benjaminoo - good luck with him

des - i realise you're in NZ - i was meaning from my point of view, i go to bed and wake up to great big updates from you!! it's good!

TanO - congrats on staying up - a great achievement. well donw.

des - i realise you're in NZ - i was meaning from my point of view, i go to bed and wake up to great big updates from you!! it's good!

Well I have to give you something to read in the mornings :) I'm 12 games into this season and 4th, and again even with my new strikers having serious problems getting it into the net, so I am attempting to work on my tactics feeling that may be the issue now, I am also playing rotation as I have alot of top quality players who I want to keep instead of selling at the end of the season, also I have been allowed to have 3 coaches now (hope it helps) and 3 scouts who can finally scout Central Europe so they are all out there hunting, and I love my Canadian Coach giving me North American knowledge, next I need an African on the staff :p

AS Casale Calcio Winter Update.

thought i will do a brief update.

Casale prop up table after 5 games.

After a slow start to the season leaving us 18th after 5 with our record of 0-2-3.

After that start i couldn't see this coming.

Rampaging Casale hammer Alzanocene! 8-0

Great game were my star player Andrea Censori nabbed a supperb 4 goals. however were not so ruthless in the next 3 games netting 3 goals and conceding 4 as we plumit to two bore draws and a shocking 2-1 defeat away to pavia.

Casale find there ruthless form leading up to derby day.

With games against Rovigo and Mezzocorona coming up before a cruical derby game against league leaders Pro Vercelli i really needed two get a couple of wins. Wins is what we got winning 2-0 in both fixtures. so with that confidence boost could we beat our fierce rivals.

Cacciatore puts on a marvelous display as Casale hamer rivals 5-1

Giovanni Cacciatore was imense today grabbing a a perfect hattrick with the other goals being a header from a corner from on loan centre back Tommaso Ghinassi and a penalty from censori.

Perelli hits a hattrick as Casale win 5-1 for the second time.

a completely different hattrick to giovanni's last week Perelli's were real poachers efforts.

so after 18 games we sit top of the league with 37 point 41 goalscored and 15 conceded

my top scorer is Andrea Censori with 16 goals from 17 appearances not bad considering he is an amc however he is a free kick god.

wish me luck for the rest of the season

max

2010/11 Des Tiny's Fafe Season Update

The season started off with me signing thirteen new players in an attempt to improve on my 2nd place last season and kick onto promotion. Well the early stages were up and down as I went 1-2-1 in the first four games, the next six saw me improve slightly to be 4-4-3 at the halfway stage of the season. At this point I decided to try and bring in some new faces in the transfer window to try and fix my problems in the goalscoring department, I was defending brilliantly, especially with my new Aquisition in goal. Pedro Freitas was stopping almost everything that was coming through to him, and he was well backed up by Jonathan, Ripulo, Rodrigues & Mendonca in defense. So my only problems appeared to be up front, the changes in personal helped slightly as we improved to go 6-2-3 in the second half to finish up 3rd overall and make it into the Promotion stage.

League Table

It looked like I may be in with a chance as I got into it, but a couple of games lost early and it looked like I was going to be spending another year down in the bottom of the leagues. I ended up rallying the troops, but it was never enough and we finished off in 4th overall.

Promotion Stage

I played a lot more rotation this season in an attempt to get the goals flowing and it shows in my Squads stats, in seniors and youth.

Squad Part II

Squad Part I

Youth

There were several players who stood out for me.

99. Martinho - He was the top goalscorer this season, but his lack of a steady partner seemed to stop him being able to get the goals he needed, hopefully keeping the same starting lineup into next season will help.

96. Ruben - The left winger was the man when it came to assists and as such was always providing the ball to the strikers.

69. Ernesto - In tandem with Ruben they were putting everything into the box, but the finishing was poor.

31. Kipulo - At left back Kipulo has been stunning and will continue to keep his place this next season.

And then there are my international stars.

30. Anton Bozic

| Anton Bozic |   Venezula    |
|-------------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|
|   Season    | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
|   2010/11   |   2   |   1   |    1    |  1  |  6.32   |
|-------------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|

[i]Games[/i]

|  Opponent & Result | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat | Sub Time |
|--------------------|-------|---------|-----|---------|----------|  
| vs Andorra  2-1    |   1   |    1    |  1  |  7.70   |          |
| vs Holland  0-5    |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.20   |          |
| at Slovenia 0-4    |   0   |    0    |  0  |  5.00   |          |

13. Jonathan

| Jonathan |   Venezula    |
|----------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|
|  Season  | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat |
| 2010/11  |  1(2) |   0   |    1    |  0  |  7.20   |
|----------|-------|-------|---------|-----|---------|

[i]Games[/i]

|  Opponent & Result | Goals | Assists | MoM | Avg Rat | Sub Time |
| vs Martinique  1-1 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.90   |   on 68  |
| at Nthlds Ant  3-0 |   0   |    1    |  0  |  7.50   |  sub 76  |
| at St Martin   0-2 |   0   |    0    |  0  |  ----   |   on 90  |

So happy with the season, but I know I have to build into 2011/12 and attempt to make it to that Semi-Final.

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Club History

|  Season  | Division  | First Phase Pos | Promotion Phase Pos |
| 2009/10  |   2nd A   |       4th       |        2nd          |
| 2010/11  |   2nd A   |       3rd       |        4th          |

Racing 92 - Season 10/11 - French National

The seasons tarted extremely well, with us pushing the play-off positions, but unforunately, it all fell apart towards the end, having to settle for 16th place.

League Table

Here's my Squad

Patrick Noubissie - Fans Player Of The Yar and my best player.

Again, like last year's FC Rouen team, we had alot more potential than we were showing.

Next year's expectations are to get out of the relegation battle for once !!

Des - another season of consolidation i guess. you seem to be able to get to the play-offs fine - it's just making that next step. fingers crossed it comes soon.

Benjaminoo - after the Rouen disappointment it's definite progress. hopefully with the money to spend you can kick on next season.

Red Star 93 - French National - 1st January 2010

As we have reached January, i thought i'd do a small season update.

League Table

i have to say i'm pretty pleased so far. we have to date been a mid-table team which i would take, yo-yoing between 10th and 14th apart from a brief rise to 8th. I'm pretty happy with our first-team squad, although we still lack a little strength in depth.

our star player has been Guillaume Deschamps, who is leading the way with 16 goals. He has had sporadic support from Dia who has scored 7 goals, but there aren't too many goals coming from elsewhere. Because of this, i have taken a gamble financially and signed Cyrille N'Goua Mebale. He looks a great striker on paper, but wages of £1,200 p/w have shattered our wage budget. Cyrille is earning three times more than any other player. Hopefully he will be worth the money!!

talking of money, we're just about staying in the black, thanks to a bit of money from the cup. two away wins over lower league opposition saw us face Ligue 2 Creteil at home. We have just lost 3-1, with a debut goal from Mebale, so the cup is over for another year.

We have 14 games to go - hopefully we can consolidate and have no worries with relegation!!

Nick Whittaker becomes manager of CD Baskonia

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/BaskoniaProfile.jpg

I have decided to join this challenge as last year I followed the challenge with Boca San Lazzaro but didn't post anything about the game, anyway i really enjoyed the challenge and thought that I would try and replicate the fun I had.

I became manager of Baskonia because beforehand I researched on wikipedia about teams in the Basque Country and which teams had Basque only policies for their players just like Athletico Bilbao. This should mean that the challenge will be difficult because the game seems so far to stick to the real life policy.

The club are very thin on players and my first task will be to bring some in, the transfer budget is £0 and the wage budget is £6,500. The club itself is worth £1.4m but media predictions are to finish dead last.

A dog fight against relegation is what i am predicting, but at the moment i am not sure what to expect.

His stats certainly seem worth the risk, hope it pays off!

i hope so too!! it won't cripple me financially but i will have to trim the squad a little to try and get a bit of the money back. it is also restricting me in looking to bring in other new faces, but i am pretty happy with my squad for now.

I know my problem is purely inconsistency from my strikers, if they can start scoring then promotion is mine, My Goalies combined allowed just 33 goals in 34 games (And that includes the 3-0 whitewash by a higher league team) I again managed to beat a team from the league above me in friendlies, so really if I can get my strikers going I am in with a grin. So I may make some changes to the attacking end of my team, but in general I am fighting to keep most of my players the same for next season, Bozic should be the base striker and I will try to find another. Then the next issue is possible administration creeping up on me, as I have been losing 300k a season (this is looking disastrous), with only 1000 people in my 15000 seat stadium I am unsure how to improve this right now. Have to really fill it up.

C.F. Portugalete announce a new manager

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/Portugaleteprofile.jpg

I picked a team that were from the basque country, however, they don't hold a policy of basque only players, saying that they only have one non-basque player and so i am going to compete in the chalenge without signing any non-basque players, which means first of all getting rid of the one at the club.

Every regen so far has been a basque player so hopefully their won't be a problem in keeping the team together.

Archived