Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM09

I was hoping writing about them would make me play them more. The problem is was a very close season and I have gone up through the leagues quickly so the standard is so much higher :( I expect to settle in this league for a few seasons so hopefully they get more playing time. It didnt really help that there potential was only to be a good player in the league below me.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they have the potential to be good enough I always play them a bit, its just with these there potential isnt even worth it for the League I'm now in. Ive released a couple of them because there was no point. I will try and play them a bit more though ;)

You should at least give them all 5-10 games in the first season :(

Even if you're 3-0 up with 20 minutes left, give them that 20 minutes.

I will go farther than that. Play them every other game at least! :D

Had no idea how many games I played Jiang Lin till I did these updates. :D

My first intake at Canvey Island has just come, and despite most being pretty average, I got one gem to come through.

Bill Farrell.

Physically he is very good, but two other stats stand out for me - a workrate of 17 and a technique of 15, which means his stats like free kicks, finishing and dribbling should all go up into the early to mid teens. I also like that most of his single figure attributes are above five, so a lot of them should reach double figures too. His creativity, flair and passing should ensure he becomes a pretty good offensive central midfielder.

My assistant already regards him as one of the best players at the club and he'll certainly get games in his first season.

I've just had 2 great players come through my academy, so I thought I'd track them here! I'm in the Blue Square Premier with Ramsgate, my assistant reckons both are good league 1 players already :eek:

Michael Hicks

Allen Jones

Both have just finished their first season with Ramsgate, and helped us gain promotion to League Two :cool:

Micahel Hicks

Allen Jones

End of season 3 profiles:

Hicks

Allen

Both helped us to become champions of League Two and our 3rd promotion in succession :cool:

Season 4:

Hicks

Allen

Hicks and Jones had very good seasons there Jazzfusion. :)

Really like Hicks and both of them are only 19! :D

Canadian Press: Mr Jazzfusion, Mr. Ricky Nakano from the Canadian Press. Hicks and Jones look like quality players. But how are your other youths doing? How are they progressing?

(sorry couldn't resist this press conference like question :D)

Boston Pilgram's Projects

Mark Burton (MC)

Initial Profile

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Career History

Season      Club     League Games Goals Assts MOM

09/10    Boston Utd   BSN     26    1     1    0
10/11    Boston Utd   BSN     40    0     4    0
11/12    Boston Utd   BSP     31    3     1    0

Totals - Games 97 Goals 4 Assts 6 MOM 0

Just missed out on playing his 100th game for the side. Only expected to be a good Blue Square Prem player so he's in his element here.

Sam Young (DLRC,DM,MRLC)

Initial Profile

Season 2

Season 3

10/11    Boston Utd   BSN     43    2     4    1
11/12    Boston Utd   BSP     46    0     2    1

Totals - Games 89 Goals 2 Assts 6 MOM 2

Played most of the season as a right back rather than the utility player he did last year. Is also only expected to become a good BSP player.

Mark Allen (DC)

Initial Profile

Season 2

11/12    Boston Utd   BSP     14    0     0    0

Totals - Games 14 Goals 0 Assts 0 MOM 0

With my survival in the BSP a priority I couldn't risk playing him that often. Is another only expected to be BSP quality.

All three of the players are now in the Boston United Overall Best 11.

Robert Phillips - (AMRL,ST)

Initial Profile

I finally got my striker and can hopefully have a go at the Danny Roberts challenge. He has the potential to be a good League 1 striker.

Do you have any plans to play on 09?

I'm getting the game at Christmas but my main goal is to switch to FM09 when Jinhui retires...but he's only 23 so I might stay on FM08 for a while. :p

I might be tempted to start FM09 when Lijia retires though (30 years old already :()...that depends to how good Jinhui is at that time...

Bill Farrell bags his first senior goal (and hopefully the first of many) with a 20 yard thunderbolt into the top corner.

After five league starts, his average rating is 7.20 with one MOTM, and is laying a stunning 8.31 tackles per game (first in the division by a fair margin). So it appears he is more rounded than I thought and doesn't mind getting his socks dirty.

I'm getting the game at Christmas but my main goal is to switch to FM09 when Jinhui retires...but he's only 23 so I might stay on FM08 for a while. :p

I might be tempted to start FM09 when Lijia retires though (30 years old already :()...that depends to how good Jinhui is at that time...

Will you carry on in Asia with new game? If only you could import 08 games into 09 :p

Santa Cruz (MT) Youth Project

Player 1 – Claudimar

Initial Profile – 2010

Season 2 – 2011

Claudimar played a massive 85 games last season, all of them in either the reserves or under 20s, the experience does seem to have helped him and I expect great leaps of improvement when he’s able to sign a professional contract when he turns 16.

Player 2 – Rogerio

Initial Profile

According to my assistant, Rogerio doesn't have as much potential as Claudimar but I’m hoping that with time and the right training this guy could develop into a decent backup player.

Rancer - You know that once you get FM 09 you'll not want to play 08 right? :)

You never knowwww. My FM08 loyalty attribute is pretty high. :p

I haven't even played the demo so much. I switched back to FM08 after I played only 2 preseason games on the demo. :D

Will you carry on in Asia with new game? If only you could import 08 games into 09 :p

For sure I will start in Asia (specifically China). And maybe tour the world (Gundo's in Belgium and Razer's in Mexico) after that. :D

Razer - start bleeding Claudimar into the first team! And Rogerio looks decent. He can be your main backup when he matures.

Youth Project 1 - Jason Leonard, Striker.

Jason Leonard - Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

Additional Information :

Appointed Carshalton Vice Captain - 02.08.2010 (16 Years old)

Appointed Carshalton Captain - 23.09.2010 (17 Years old)

D.O.B - 16.9.1993

Joined Carshalton - 08.07.2008

Left Carshalton - TBA.

PPM's - None

Left Foot - Reasonable

Right Foot - Very Strong

Season's
[b]Club (Year)   |  Apps  | Gls | Ass | MoM | Av.R | League[/b]

Robins (10/11)| 33(16) |  15 |  3  |  3  | 6.47 | Blue Square South
Robins (11/12)|  2(9)  |   4 |  1  |  1  | 6.57 | Blue Square South
Robins (12/13)|  9(10) |   5 |  0  |  0  | 6.35 | Blue Square South

Totals
[b]
Club (Year's) | Aps | Gls | Ass | MoM |

[/b]Robins (10-13)|  79 |  24 |  4  |  4  |

Jason Leonard Season Information - Another injury plagued season, but thats no excuse for his poor performances. He's really just not scoring the goals, despite having sometimes 8-10 shots in a game. (Rarely long shots too). Because he's Number 1, I'll persevere, but I wouldn't with anyone else.

Youth Project 2 - Simon Cain, Striker.

Simon Cain - Initial Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

Additional Information :

Appointed Carshalton Vice Captain - 8.8.2011 (16 years old)

D.O.B - 15.9.1994

Left Carshalton - TBA.

PPM's - None

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

Season's

Robins (11/12)|  32(6) |  18 |  8  |  3  | 6.83 | Blue Square South
Robins (12/13)|  39    |  22 |  6  |  2  | 6.96 | Blue Square South

Totals
[b]

[/b]Robins (11-13)|  77 |  40 |  14 |  5  |

Simon Cain Season Information - This guys overall goals to game ratio after 2 seasons is better than 1 every 2 games. In this current representation of FM, thats a phenominal return from a young hopeful. I wanted to nurture this guy into the squad, but he quickly became first choice after hitting 8 goals in 8 games. A brilliant, Carshalton Record Breaking season.

Youth Project 3 - John Roscoe, Defender (Center).

John Roscoe - Initial Profile

D.O.B - 21.10.1995

Left Carshalton - TBA.

PPM's - None

Left Foot - Fairly Strong

Right Foot - Very Strong

Season's

Robins (12/13)|   9(3) |  0  |  0  |  0  | 6.86 | Blue Square South

Totals
[b]

[/b]Robins (12-13)|  12 |  0  |  0  |  0  |

John Roscoe Season Information - Played a lot more than I expected, and not for the right reasons. Quite simply, I put him in the squad in an "easy" game, (which we won 3-0) - and completely forgot about him. He had a 9 straight game run in the team, in which the club won 6 games and only lost 1 and had 5 clean sheets. A great effort from the young lad.

Youth Project 4 - Paul Montgomery, Defender/Wing Back (Right).

Paul Montgomery - Initial Profile

D.O.B - 29.12.1996

Left Carshalton - TBA.

PPM's - None

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

Paul Montgomery Player Information - This guy has massive potential. According to my coaches, he could become a leading star in League 1.

*Something I've noticed, thats bugging me, is the join date for the players. I was actually making it up myself, and putting in the 25th of June of whichever year they came through, but then I found that theres actually a section that says when they joined. The only thing is, they're all on 08-07-2008. Its possible that thats when a whoe batch of mized players joined the youth team, I guess, so I'll keep putting in that date for a few seasons to see if it eventually changes. If it doesn't, I'll change it back to my original way of doing it.

Just something else to add.......

Of the batches of players I've had through, I've had a fair few very well received. Here are the games and stats of the ones that didn't make it to the main updates..... (This too will be a running thing)

James Preece - Striker (Class of 2010/11)

James Preece - Current Profile

Games | Gls | Ass | MoM | Av. R
 42  |  17 |  11 |  5  | 6.89
 8(4)|   5 |   2 |  1  | 6.70
13(13)|   4 |   4 |  1  | 6.52

Simon Williams - Attacking Midfielder (Right) (Class of 2010/11)

Simon Williams - Current Profile

7   |  0  |  0  |  0  | 6.35
 0(2)|  0  |  0  |  0  | 6.80
 0(1)|  0  |  0  |  0  | 6.90

Danny Drew - Defender/Wing Back/Attacking Midfielder (Right) (Class of 2010/11)

Danny Drew - Current Profile

35  |  0  |  3  |  0  | 6.87
 6(2)|  0  |  2  |  1  | 7.22
15(3)|  0  |  1  |  0  | 6.92

Frank Tyler - Defensive Midfielder, Midfielder (Center) (Class of 2011/12)

Frank Tyler - Current Profile

5(2)|  1  |  0  |  1  | 6.78
35(2)|  1  |  7  |  2  | 6.86

Fading Away

*This section for players who didn't play in the previous season(s)

Peter Galloway - Attacking Midfielder (Right, Center) (Class of 2011/12)

Peter Galloway - Current Profile

1(3)|  0  |  0  |  0  | 6.30

Guest roberto922

Certainly will in my case :) He's rated as a leading L1 player now :cool: My assistant rated him as having the potential for BSP at the beginning of last season :)

For sure I will start in Asia (specifically China). And maybe tour the world (Gundo's in Belgium and Razer's in Mexico) after that. :D

Razer - start bleeding Claudimar into the first team! And Rogerio looks decent. He can be your main backup when he matures.

I'll probably move him up once he turns 16 and signs a pro contract. The added training from the full time schedule will help him progress.

Guest roberto922

Youth Project 1 - Michael Stones, Striker.

Michael Stones - Initial Profile

End of season 1

End of season 2

Additional Information :

3rd place in BSN Player of the year 10/11

FC United player of the season 10/11

D.O.B - 6.10.1992

Joined FC United - 08.07.2008

Left FC United - TBA.

PPM's - None

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

Season's
[b]Club (Year)      |  Apps | Gls | Ass | MoM | Av.R | League[/b]
FC United (09/10)| 50    |  28 | 11  | 10  | 7.20 | Blue Square North
FC United (10/11)| 56    |  39 |  8  |  12 | 7.41 | Blue Square North

Totals
[b]
Club (Year's)    | Aps | Gls | Ass | MoM |

[/b]FC United (09-11)| 106 |  66 |  19 |  22 |

Michael Stones Season Information - Another brilliant season, he's gone much farther than I expected him to, when he came through I was thinking that he would be good enough for back up but he's been fantastic :) The only problem is that with great talent comes.... lots of interest :( Kettering, Morecambe, Stevenage and Weymouth are all after him, on the bright side at least they aren't that far ahead of us (only one are a league ahead of us)

Youth Project 2 - Gary Collis, AMRLC.

Gary Collis- Initial Profile

End of Season 1

End of Season 2

Additional Information :

N/A

D.O.B - 5.2.1993

Joined FC United - 08.07.2008

Left Carshalton - TBA.

PPM's - None

Left Foot - Very Strong

Right Foot - Very Weak

Season's
[b]Club (Year)     |  Apps  | Gls | Ass | MoM | Av.R | League[/b]
FC United(09/10)|  40(1) |  3  |  4  |  3  | 7.05 | Blue Square North
FC United(10/11)|  48    |  3  |  5  |  4  | 7.23 | Blue Square North

Totals
[b]
Club (Year's)   | Aps   | Gls | Ass | MoM |
[/b]FC United(11-13)|  88(1)|  6  |  9  |  7  |

Gary Collis Season Information - He's had another good season, not a patch on the great Robert Smith but he has the potential to play in League One apparently.

Youth Project 3 - Ian Greenlees, Goalkeeper.

Ian Greenlees- Initial Profile

End of Season 1

D.O.B - 28.11.1993

Joined FC United - 08.07.2009

Left FC United - TBA.

PPM's - None

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

Season's
[b]Club (Year)     |  Apps  | Gls | Ass | MoM | Av.R | League[/b]

FC United(10/11)|   0    |  0  |  0  |  0  | --   | Blue Square North

Totals
[b]
Club (Year's)   | Aps | Gls | Ass | MoM |
[/b]FC United(10-11)|  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |

Ian Greenlees Season Information - Not good enough, he'll be out the door when his contract runs out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There won't be a new player this season as all of them are terrible.

roberto - Theres borrowing my format, then theres just straight stealing :D (Just kidding, I don't mind really, but in Stones Update you've got his club career as 09-13 - yet he's only played 2 season ;) )

As for stones himself, what a player. He's a really talented kid, and will surely go on to set precident in your records throughout the lower leagues. Well done.

Collis is prety average, but the GK in your team is pants :D

I know what you mean about Leonard Nep. For me, Jurcik from the FM08 thread was by no means a great player but he was the first Youth Player I took under my wing so I stuck with him. Having said that, he did end up with domestic league and cup medals, Champions League medals and played at two seperate world cups despite his averageness :D

Oh and Youth Project 3 - the forgotten man. That's just class! :D All credit to him for holding his own in the first team though. :thup:

Good to see Stones getting even better roberto. It will be interesting to see what level he can reach.

Prodigy 2 has now arrived at Yalovaspor. Update to follow tonight or tomorrow.

Archived