Defenders heading at half way

I often have the opposition punt the ball up the field straight to my CBs. Instead of controlling it, they always head the ball, often to the feet of an opposition player, even when they have plenty of time. How do I stop this?

8 hours ago, Arsenal457 said:

I often have the opposition punt the ball up the field straight to my CBs. Instead of controlling it, they always head the ball, often to the feet of an opposition player, even when they have plenty of time. How do I stop this?

Post a screenshot of your tactic, to begin with. Because there may be plenty of potential reasons why that happens.

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

This might be the key part. If the ball is punted high, how else are defenders supposed to control it except by the head? 

By moving back a step? It's a bug that has been already acknowledged by SI.

46 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Yes, when it's possible.

Might be. But if something is a bug, then it should be happening to everyone who plays FM19 (I guess so).

It's a bug because it happens far too often. SI says it's a bug, that's good enough for me.

13 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

It's a bug because it happens far too often. SI says it's a bug, that's good enough for me.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:06, Arsenal457 said:

SI have said it's something they are aware of but need match pkms to be provided for further evidence to work on.  So if anybody has some match pkms where this happens, please upload them to that thread linked above with the in match timings of when the issue occurs:thup:

Archived