The Official Waiting For The Mac Patch Thread

Hi, I have tiger and power pc, so cannot run the game. Is it likely that you will work on a patch for this, or should I sell my game?

Thanks in advance SI

They have already said that the game will never be able to play on Powerpc, intel only, sorry mate

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what these people are doing, but the update came in a .dmg, which *you're not supposed to decompress* and I just double-clicked on it, which mounts the virtual drive, and ran the .pkg installer! *BOOM* DONE!

Seriously, there are people here doing some strange things... No wonder they get strange results!

They have already said that the game will never be able to play on Powerpc, intel only, sorry mate

Pretty sure it says powerpc works with leopard. Also there is a universal logo on the box. All I want is someone from SI to say its never going to work, and I will sell it, and buy a game that works. Simple request really.

Pretty sure it says powerpc works with leopard. Also there is a universal logo on the box. All I want is someone from SI to say its never going to work, and I will sell it, and buy a game that works. Simple request really.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=69146

This patch will not enable PowerPC Macs of either 10.4 or 10.5 to run the game, an Intel CPU is required.

Its ridiculously slower than fm08. I'm pretty ****ed off. Anyone know anyway to speed it up? I have it on minimum detail and only running one league but no avail. It was faster running 5-6 leagues on fm08.

Also I read some posts, but i thought that the new patch was suppsoed to fix the gma950 graphics card issue. oh well.

Its ridiculously slower than fm08. I'm pretty ****ed off. Anyone know anyway to speed it up? I have it on minimum detail and only running one league but no avail. It was faster running 5-6 leagues on fm08.

Also I read some posts, but i thought that the new patch was suppsoed to fix the gma950 graphics card issue. oh well.

it's actually been faster on mine, and i'm running something like 50 leagues in 30 countries.

it does seem like there is a vast difference between macs in terms of how it works, if at all. i find this very odd considering how uniform Macs are hardware-wise, and how diverse PCs are.

If you're low on RAM, that might be slowing things down. How much do you have?

As for the GMA 950, I think the problem basically lies in how the Mac OS utilises integrated graphics cards rather than the cards themselves. I have a GMA X3100 in my Mac, which works great with 3D now (after a few updates from Apple), but when I bought the machine a year ago, it crashed if I tried to run Second Life. However, if I booted up Windows in Parallels and ran Second Life there, on the very same computer, it worked great.

Dear somebody from SI,

Here are two bugs annoying me:

1. My assistant keeps telling me that "Our defenders are getting nowhere against xxx defence" during games. Right now he is doing it when I am 5-0 up ...

2. He, for it is a he, is also telling me that I need to have somebody guard the posts during defensive corners. Well, I do. Is he blind?

Thanks in advance - and thanks for a great game

/Eric

could possibly be a ram issue. mine's snappy on my macbook pro but if i run a lot of things at once it's sluggish and the match is jerky.

Unlikey, no other issues with sluggish performance in other applications.

I'm not saying its slow, just that its not snappy. I click and there is a short delay before the click is registered.

Unlikey, no other issues with sluggish performance in other applications.

I'm not saying its slow, just that its not snappy. I click and there is a short delay before the click is registered.

perhaps i'm not being clear: i didn't say it was necessarily a ram issue with yours, but that in spite of not experiencing sluggishness in other apps when many apps plus FM are running, if i have too many apps running while i run FM, it is sluggish, and if not, not.

could also be a virtual memory issue/fragmented hard drive issue, but there is definitely a correllation, at least on my macbook pro.

Dear somebody from SI,

Here are two bugs annoying me:

1. My assistant keeps telling me that "Our defenders are getting nowhere against xxx defence" during games. Right now he is doing it when I am 5-0 up ...

2. He, for it is a he, is also telling me that I need to have somebody guard the posts during defensive corners. Well, I do. Is he blind?

Thanks in advance - and thanks for a great game

/Eric

Hi Eric, you'll need to raise any bugs in the Bugs forum, as they're likely to be missed here. Make sure you check the known issues thread to ensure this hasn't been raised before, ta.

There is a chance that we mac user can set high detail in 3D ?

as far as i know 'hight detail' is what you get on auto if you don't get hockey pucks. i'm just guessing based on previous threads on the topic and screenshots of windoze i've seen.

as far as i know 'hight detail' is what you get on auto if you don't get hockey pucks. i'm just guessing based on previous threads on the topic and screenshots of windoze i've seen.

This is completey untrue.

There are three levels graphical detail for the "people" rather than the pucks.

Currently all Mac users are getting the low version of the people. And some are getting "pucks."

PC users are able to select medium and high of the people if their graphics card is capable.

Pawel, have you seen the difference? do you have the windows version? can you do a couple of screen grabs? i've seen mainly video caps and the difference may be the video resolution (net video tends to be crappy).

also, if "low" isn't hockey pucks then what the hell are those hockey pucks about, anyway?!?

Hi zeusbheld !

I have played the game both on Windows and Mac, and the graphic detail you get on auto select with Mac is not what you get when you are playing the game in windows with graphical detail on high, is more like medium detail.

So there is sure some problem for the Mac version and this should be fixed in my opinion !

Hi zeusbheld !

I have played the game both on Windows and Mac, and the graphic detail you get on auto select with Mac is not what you get when you are playing the game in windows with graphical detail on high, is more like medium detail.

So there is sure some problem for the Mac version and this should be fixed in my opinion !

thanks!

do you get hockey pucks.... ever?

Pawel, have you seen the difference? do you have the windows version? can you do a couple of screen grabs? i've seen mainly video caps and the difference may be the video resolution (net video tends to be crappy).

also, if "low" isn't hockey pucks then what the hell are those hockey pucks about, anyway?!?

I will try and get that done.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived