[FM19.3] Lost in Europe - A life in doldrums? 2.0 [Season 8 - Tottenham]

Makoto Nakamura

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

BerwickRangersLarge.png

Well it's not Sweden! So we're an English club in Scotland, I will be signing only Scottish players.

How will this affect youth intakes, and your signing of them?

Having played as TNS on an aborted British Steel challenge, most of their intake was English instead of Welsh, which meant my domestic player bias was incredibly poor because playing in the Welsh league meant they were looking at Welsh players despite players being homegrown

7 minutes ago, scousevasey said:

How will this affect youth intakes, and your signing of them?

Having played as TNS on an aborted British Steel challenge, most of their intake was English instead of Welsh, which meant my domestic player bias was incredibly poor because playing in the Welsh league meant they were looking at Welsh players despite players being homegrown

I'll make an exception for youth candidates since I want to upgrade facilities as and when I can, but youth candidates will be the only exception to the rule.

5 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I'll make an exception for youth candidates since I want to upgrade facilities as and when I can, but youth candidates will be the only exception to the rule.

I was thinking as soon as I saw you were at Berwick, it could be a little good way to work around the transfer guidance you set. 

You are based in England and play in Scotland, so you could allow them both ;)

But what about players who are of the nationality you are playing in, but only as a second nationality?

7 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I was thinking as soon as I saw you were at Berwick, it could be a little good way to work around the transfer guidance you set. 

You are based in England and play in Scotland, so you could allow them both ;)

But what about players who are of the nationality you are playing in, but only as a second nationality?

I could but I'm being tough on myself only allowing Scots since we're in the Scottish league. As for the second nationality, I might eventually make a shortlist of players who's second nationality are of the nation I'm managing in, but only sign them if they get capped by the national team of the country I'm managing in.

24 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

How close will Palmer come to appearing in the first XI?

Well he's already on the substitutes bench, so he could get a chance before the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, FiftyBeforeThirty said:

Decent youth intake there so hopefully they'll be in and around the first-team soon!  Great stuff since the restart, all the best :) 

Thanks FiftyBeforeThirty!

6 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

March 2019

40cd284a5d341870735802f9b71bb763.png

Great start to the month, not so great second half, but we kept another clean sheet!

Quite amazing that the best defence are third from bottom and third worst are third

• Makoto Nakamura changed the title to [FM19.3] Lost in Europe - A life in doldrums? 2.0 [Season 2 - Berwick Rangers]
1 minute ago, parsdaft1982 said:

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, I have just started a save with Cowdenbeath (a local side) with the aim of going higher. Started with no badges and Sunday league rep.

Good luck with Cowdenbeath, getting the coaching badges early on have definitely helped me!

The Leyton Orient Crest

Leyton Orient Football Club is a professional football club based in Leyton, London, England. They currently play in the National League, the fifth tier of the English football league system. They are known to their fans as the O's, and club's home colours are all red. Leyton Orient's home ground Brisbane Road is officially known as The Breyer Group Stadium for sponsorship purposes.

Founded in 1881, they briefly changed their name to Eagle Cricket Club in 1886 and were then known as Orient Football Club in 1888, and Clapton Orient in 1898. It was not until 1987 that they reverted back to the name Leyton Orient, which they had first adopted just after the Second World War. The club had moved to the Leyton area in 1937.

Leyton Orient have spent one season in the top flight of English football, in 1962–63. In 1978, they reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup for the only time in their history. Barry Hearn became chairman in 1995 after the club was put on sale for £5 by then-chairman Tony Wood, a period covered by the television documentary Orient: Club for a Fiver, made by production company Open Media for Channel 4. In 2014, Hearn sold the club to Italian businessman Francesco Becchetti, who achieved two relegations in three years under 11 managers. British-born businessman and Leyton Orient fan Nigel Travis took over the club in 2017.

1d900bc93ca9a776695b5f7bf1164a05.png

Image result for Brisbane Road

Image result for Brisbane Road

7c21e837b56e0073962002cb76f02090.png

Almost doubled my wages!

3b47a5a9f3c220ba8146691ca3b35e93.png

99e700ef4848827b0ac12d00a5125237.png

1b0343b918ae35fdbef2f6f15cc6188a.png

d4bb0ad1c7ad0923a123bef824f2f703.png

2e62c0c979dcee385e8f288abe3cccab.png

bc7ee057b59674f06041432dfda36d53.png

5373692379fa180cde2e21da01a0a8d4.png

f2f674a0ca0b02a96e9c02769b6051e6.png

9ca7a75668fc376124264db83992c12c.png

• Makoto Nakamura changed the title to [FM19.3] Lost in Europe - A life in doldrums? 2.0 [Season 2 - Leyton Orient]

Archived