The Hull City Thread-Home Of The Tigers!

TigerTime

wow. im in december, 2nd place, in the semi final of the league cup.

won at chelsea during quater finals of league cup. :D

im soo lucky. played sunderland away, they had 17 shots, i had 4. i win due to a carioca wonder goal.

thats very impressive Aaron_AO. hope you can hang in there and not get a woeful 2nd half of season!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can anyone reccomend me a cheap winger who has good work rate and can play on both flanks preferrably? ive only €375k at the moment but should get some more in Jan. Even on loan but he would have to be from outside EPL as i have 2 loanee's already. thanks

started mine yesterday, already into january im 12th after 19 games but only 6 off relegation

stand out performers have been turner obviously ;] enyeama in goal what a buy, keeping myhill on the bench! and king but when fit, he gets injured sooo much, captain marvellous ashbee has been quality too ever present for me :]

my best results being

0-0 home to liverpool

3-1 win at blackburn

1-0 win at everton

3-0 win homt to fulham

and probably the 3-0 win at home to stoke just for the sheer fact pulis tried to play mind games and failed miserably haha

just come into the january transfer window got donovan on a free going to offload some of the reserves barmby garcia etc and save the money for next season hopefully to build again for another season in the premier league :D

13th with 2 games left :D cant finish any lower than 15th so ive had a great season, king has banged the goals in for me when not injured

i'll need someone for next season though for when his loan runs out :[ unless he'll sign permanently, i recommened lewandowski to anyone who plays as hull he's quality! so good in front of the defence,

any reccomendations on a new striker? not sure on how much i'll get to spend though but should be a decent amount! i hope anyway :D

About to play Man City! First game of the season and i couldn't of wished for anyone harder to start of my winning campain. They've spent over 60 million and have a very good squad. Brought in a brazilian striker called Marques for 250k and he looks very good. 18+ stats in pace, heading, finishing, technique, flair and dribbling!

Second season so far, played 30 games got 35 points, which leaves me comfortable mid-table, well above the relegation zone. In January I brought in Craig Gordon for £4.2 million, who has put in some great performances in goal, Ebi Smolarek from Racing for 900k, has only scored 1 goal in his 9 league appearances but is still playing well, usually getting 7 or above every match. Also acquired Nabil Martens, a Dutch regen striker from Feyenoord. Only 18 and very fast, assistant manager reckons he could become a very good player. David Wheater came in from Middlesbrough for £4.5 million, performing well alongside Michael Turner in central defence. It also appears that I have 3 very promising English youngsters in my under 18 squad, I will post screenshots sometime soon. The stand out is a central defender called John Calcutt, who has won his first under 21's cap aged only 16!

With this, I had to let a few players go. Caleb Folan joined Plymouth for £1.5 million, I let Emile Heskey join Tottenham for £5 million as he hadn't been performing well and left me with a profit on the £3.3 million I had paid for him only a year earlier. Michael Parkhurst left to join QPR for £4.5 million, which I felt was a good deal considering I hadn't paid anything for him.

8 games left, I will update you at the end of the season.

I finished second season 4th place and I won the league cup :D.

I've invested in my strikers. I sold Steven Fletcher for 14M to liverpool.

My strikers are now: Pogrebnyak, Falcao, Bendtner, Van der Vaart, Gignac, Alex Texieria, Sturridge

I feel so useless.

trust me, its not that impressive. bendtner was transfer listed for 4M. gignac was transfer listed for 0M at a.c. milan. VDV was transfer listed at liverpool for 4.9M.

falcao did cost me 12M but he scored basically a goal a game during the 6months ive had him so far. pogre has a dissapointing first season imo, something like 13 goals. not bad at all, but not worldclass. this season however, since i made him captain, hes scored LOOOADS. only adebayor beat him to top goal scorer.

im in the red in the bank account now though. 18M under. i've spent about 20M this season in youth because catching up with arsenal's quality within 1 season with only 40M is pretty useless. i've signed LOOOADS of good regens which my scouts have found, expanded my facilities to 7* coaches, working on the youth facilities next year + a stadium expansion next year and i've invested in my forward and back line (signed sakho, simunek).

im thinking of selling wheater though. i bought him and he had 18jump but the next day it went down to 17 along with every other one of his stats decreased by one. since then, hes been very average. the fans hated him at one point but can now tolerate him. im thinking of trying to sell him for 15M to earn my money back and then give the responsibility to simunek/

Mikal, not sure if youre still active in this thread, but those results are sick mate. Any feedback about the tactic you use?

Hi mate, yeah i'm still active, haven't been able to play the game for the last couple days so i've just been reading the thread.

Just loading the game up now but i'll get my tactic uploaded as soon as... I still feel it needs a lot of tweaking, but it might be a good base for some people, aslongs as they use it for home matches only lol, haven't had much success with it away from home.

Little update on the table after 20 games

2ahxnwp.jpg

And my results... currently going through the hardest run you could ask for... Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and then Liverpool

x6lqs.jpg

Ignore the big "NEXT" on the screen shot :D

Here's a screenie of my team

2jg730n.jpg

A lot of aging players I know, but should hopefully keep me going for another season

Just realised i'm in the jan transfer window... So can anyone recommend any players worth looking at? got about 5m to spend (just sold Ricketts as well)

Here's a screenie of my team

2jg730n.jpg

A lot of aging players I know, but should hopefully keep me going for another season

Just realised i'm in the jan transfer window... So can anyone recommend any players worth looking at? got about 5m to spend (just sold Ricketts as well)

Wow! There's still a lot of the players that Hull had in the championship (Dawson, Ashbee, Myhill etc)! Well done in having success without buying it or completly changing the squad!

Yeah I tried keeping as many as I could, but naturally they will only take the team so far, and I need definately need a new keeper! Myhill has been making a lot of mistakes recently, cost me the game against Utd and currently losing 1-0 to liverpool through poor positioning...

So can anyone recommend a good keeper? Budget around 4m

In the final of the Carling Cup!

First leg (home) against Everton finished 2-2, just finished second leg and it ended 3-3 so I won on away goals!

Talk about leaving it late!

4qr7ko.jpg

Here's a screenie of the 96th min goal, was a Geovanni special, the freekick was from where Geovanni is standing

dbo8qc.jpg

Got Newcastle in the final, who knocked Chelsea out on penalties.

in my first season with hull.

currently in november and im in 3rd....

my best XI is

----------------Ustari---------------

Mendy---Gardener---Dawson---Rat--

---------------Boateng--------------

Bratu----Diarra----Geovanni----Iago-

------Cousin/Bermudez/Altidore-------

in my first season with hull.

currently in november and im in 3rd....

my best XI is

----------------Ustari---------------

Mendy---Gardener---Dawson---Rat--

---------------Boateng--------------

Bratu----Diarra----Geovanni----Iago-

------Cousin/Bermudez/Altidore-------

shanks, what was you transfer activity, who did you sell to fund the new signings?

Trev, I downloaded my graphics from here... Not quite sure where I got my kits from, whether they are in the same thread or not I can not for the life of me remember! Have a look on that site and see if kits come with it as well, if not i'll have another browse to see where the kits come from.

Its a done deal now i just hope I haven't wasted £5mil. I've also signed Brian Kerr,Stefano Fiore,Thomas Gravasen and Fernando Couto all on frees. Enyeama and Masilela have both arrived for £250k each. I've sold France for £675k,Brown for £725k,Ricketts for £2.1m and Hughes for £1.1m

shanks, what was you transfer activity, who did you sell to fund the new signings?

well at the start i put my aim as top half finish and got 4.8 million transfer budget as a result.

transfer activity was as follows:

out-

C. Folan 1.3million

C. Fagan 950k

A. Dawson ( i know in my original post i have him in my best XI but thats supposed to be M. Turner) 600k

S. Ricketts 1.2million

D. Marney 1.3million

N. Barmby 525k

D. Windass 50k

W. Brown 775k

N. Doyle 1million

I. Ashbee 300k

Stelios G 120k

J. Welsh 250k

R. France 200k

T. Warner 180k

As you can see a bit of a clear out to get rid off the riff-raff at the club.

Selling these players got me a total of 8.84million

That gave me a total of 13.64million to spend

Players In-

Iago-Loan

O. Ustari- 4million

H. Bermudez- Loan

Alou. Diarra- 4.1million

R. Rat- 2.7million

F. Bratu- 2.5million

J. Altidore- Loan

A. Vass- 575k

Total spend of 13.87million (if my maths is right)

and thats the shanks hull city story in a nutshell :-)

Larsson didn't perform for me, and his attributes have started to decline already! Admittingly my training is poor as I have no staff yet, so that didn't help. Hoping to have the season finished tomorrow (assuming I pretend I don't have any assignments to do) and then I'll get some end of season screenies up.

Archived