The Hull City Thread-Home Of The Tigers!

TigerTime

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For GK i signed Fabian Carrini from Murcia. Btw can you tell me which club does Peter Masilela play from? I cant find him on player search.

He's at Maccabi Haifa I believe mate, might not be on your game if you don't have a large database. Carini is a good buy for you, did well for me when called upon.

Right then, an update, my transfers in for the second season:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/rhodesy1991/transfers2009-10.jpg?t=1226938014

And my current first team squad:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/rhodesy1991/hullsquad09-10.jpg?t=1226937977

I reckon Daniel Sturridge may prove to be a good addition, my assistant manager with 20 for judging potential believes he can become one of the best players at the club, so fingers crossed.

I used the steam option when I installed it on my dads laptop as at first my DVD drive wouldnt work and it took ages.

When I eventually got it working on my laptop I decided not to use steam and it installed very quickly.

This is dam hard, just to keep them out of the relegation zone is hard.

I bought an average GK and got a proper striker, who scored on his debut :), and got a DM/MC with good defense skill cause the team needs more defensive players in the midfield.

28r1b0o.jpg

11ry70h.jpg

209fvqd.jpg

Finnally managed to play the game! Its brilliant! I'm loving the press conferences! Anyway, i've started as Hull and have 3.9m to spend. Already brought:

Grainger 2m LB

Brown 800k GK

Grainger looks better than Dawson and Brown will challenge Boaz for the goalkeeping slot. Playing my first friendly tommorow!

He's at Maccabi Haifa I believe mate, might not be on your game if you don't have a large database. Carini is a good buy for you, did well for me when called upon.

Wow its weird though, i do have a large database but i cant find him as a player. Only when i look for the club can i find certain players >.<

EDIT: well i ended up buying Masilela for 900k and Christophe Jallet for 9mill :p

Only managed to play a few games the other day, but here is how toe table is looking after 5 games

11ryc5i.jpg

And my results

2rg2bgz.jpg

As you can see I'm not doing AS well away from home, conceding far more than at home, so that's something I need to work on. My team don't seem to deal with crosses as well as i'd like either.

Haha, no nothing like that :D... Next 3 games were not so good though! Drew 0-0 with 'boro, lost 2-1 to WBA, then another 0-0 to Fulham... Just haven't been putting my chances away like the beginning of the season. Need King to come back from injury!!

Now sitting in 5th place but could easily slip to 9th after next game... Will get my tactic up shortly, but I don't want people to get their hopes up, i'm no tactical genius :p

Wow its weird though, i do have a large database but i cant find him as a player. Only when i look for the club can i find certain players >.<

EDIT: well i ended up buying Masilela for 900k and Christophe Jallet for 9mill :p

9 million for Jallet, christ, I got him for £4million + 20% of profit from next sale!

9 million for Jallet, christ, I got him for £4million + 20% of profit from next sale!

The club wouldnt let go of him for cheaper than that :( but he's an amazing buy so i went through with it. Carrini is my best buy so far.

I've also got Mohammer Gadir from M.Haifa coming in on Jan 1st so he should give good support to Cousin,

Where have you gotten all that money from, anyway? ;)

I've sold Sam Ricketts for 4.1mill, Boaz Myhill for 3.2mill and one more player i cant recall...sold him for a 2.3 mill or something plus Hull already has a transfer budget of around 3-4mill? I still have a 3.5mill budget left since i asked for more money :D

i started my game with hull!

In: Possebon 950k

A. Cisse Free

A korean GK (dnt remember the name) 3.8m (think the club was suwon)

Out: Asbee 650k

Lost 3-1 to Chealsea

Beat Everton 1-0

Won 3-0 in league cup vs tranmere

Lost 1-0 to arsenal

Im content so far

Playing 4-4-1-1

On the subject of transfers, I managed to get Everton £9.25m for Turner. He's a good centre back, but pretty slow (in game, less so irl) so I thought this was good business.

That is a very good deal actually, there are a few clubs sniffing around him on my game, I'll see if I can get a similar deal. Sold Ashbee for £1.4 million at the end of the first season, I felt that to be pretty good for an average 32 year old.

Thought you guys might like an update of how I am doing... Here's a screenshot of the league table

2z7oktd.jpg

And my results

jsd55h.jpg

So the season is still going pretty well... Got a few people coming in Jan... Been getting some cheap players and freebies, generally older players just to see me throughfor another season or so... Players I have coming in are:

Landon Donovan - Free

Filippo Inzaghi - 60k (I couldn't resist)

Henrik Larsson - Free

Rivaldo - 600k (again I couldn't resist)

So i'm bolstering up my attack as that's an area where I feel I am lacking, especially back-up wise.

I'll be looking to offload as much of the dead weight as I can in Jan as well.

i finished my season. could have finished 8th but my team just broke down during the last few games leading to a 14th place finish.

sold a load of players at the start of the game. then i sold turner for 10m to west ham in january and ashbee to newcastle for 6M.

i bought heskey for 1.7M, pygnorbak (russian international) for 4.5M, demerit for 500k+player, masisala (the lb), rafael carioca and enyeama.

also secured sturridge (900k), bikey (2.9M) and foster (2.9M) for next season. torje for 3M was a success story btw.

hoping to sell boateng, geovanni and halmosi (who've both been on loan) for around 10-11M combined. i turned down the chance to sign marlon king. just didn't feel he was worth the risk nor wages when i still have heskey and sturidge.

got brand new staff in too. everyones amazing except my assistant manager and could do with 2-3 new scouts.

ill post screenshots later. i was also going to sign rivaldo etc. but i couldn't offer big contracts. :(

very surprsingly, i have 40m to spend in my second season. :D not complaining but also probably won't spend a lot of it. i'll aim to buy more in january once my reputation is higher so i get higher quality players. hoping to bag armand traore and barazite.

I played my next few games,

1-1 draw with West Brom

3-1 win over stoke

1-1 draw with sunderland (dissappointing as they havnt won a match yet)

lost 4-2 to Birmingham in the League Cup

Won 2-0 against Boro

that currently sees me lying in 5th place in the table on 11 points after 7 matches although i think the teams just below me have a game in hand!!

Geovanni has been in dazling form but im questioning my signing of possebon who has been particularly poor, i should have signed Enoh.

very surprsingly, i have 40m to spend in my second season. :D not complaining but also probably won't spend a lot of it. i'll aim to buy more in january once my reputation is higher so i get higher quality players. hoping to bag armand traore and barazite.

I had 54mill to spend on transfers with hull after I regelated. Then I got sacked and gave up. I'm waiting for another patch so hull will be playble.

How is everyones away form? This is where I have dropped almost all of my points, having not lost at home yet but losing frequently away from home... Anyone got any tips for away games?

My away stats are W2 D2 L5 ... Whereas my home stats are W6 D2 L0

Good news though, i'm in the semi-final of the league cup against Everton!

How is everyones away form? This is where I have dropped almost all of my points, having not lost at home yet but losing frequently away from home... Anyone got any tips for away games?

My away stats are W2 D2 L5 ... Whereas my home stats are W6 D2 L0

Good news though, i'm in the semi-final of the league cup against Everton!

lost 2 league matches from 7, i think one was at the Emirates.

Well i've finished pre-season this is how it's gone:

Barnsley 2-2

Bury 4-1

Winterton 6-0

Brentford 2-0

North Ferriby 5-0

Gillingham 3-0

As you can see i've had a good pre-season! Marney has been my best player and also Mendy, Turner, Gardener and Barmby have been excellent! Will post an update soon.

Alright guys, good thread we got going here.

About time i filled you all in with a review of my season so far..

The Squad:

Similar to what one guy was saying earlier in this thread, no way was i willing to part with the legends that got us into the Premier League so i relucted the temptation to have a mass clear out. Whilst also holding my nerve in the transfer market, only signing two players:

Sebastian Larsson for £2million plus Dean Marney, at the time i thought it seemed a fair deal, however its turned into a fantastic deal with Larsson pulling the strings week in week out.

Lamine Diatta, signed on a freeby, 33 year old centre back. his stats really impressed me so i thought why not, just incase Zayatte who seems very underated failed to produce the goods and incase Gardner suffered injury problems.

The only players i sold in the summer were John Welsh and Ryan France to lower league sides for next to nothing.

Pre Season:

Could not have not any better, i won all 6 matches and didnt concede a goal!, Cousin and Fagan of all people were firing them!.

Tactics:

Going into pre-season and the opening games of the season i opted for a 4-3-1-2 system, with Geovanni playing behind the front two with the freedom to roam around the field.

Opening Day Line Up Against Tottenham at the KC Stadium:

Myhill

Dawson

Turner

Gardner

Ricketts

Boateng

Ashbee

Larsson

Geovanni

Cousin

Fagan

I simply had to leave Marlon King out due to the form of these two strikers.

Hull City 0-0 Tottenham.good start.good point.

After that however i suffered four succesive defeats at the hands of Aston Villa, Middlesboro, Liverpool and Sunderland before finally scoring my FIRST goal against Portsmouth in a 1-1 draw at Fratton Park. it was going to be a difficult season!.

I tweaked the tactic and try different people in different positions but after 20 games (finally the transfer window is open!!) my record currently stands:

Played 20

Won 2

Drew 8

Lost 10.

Somehow i'm still hovering above the relegation places on 14pts from 20 games!. Fulham and Wigan have 13pts while Stoke are having a mare, 9pts.

So its January, transfer window is open..i need to make some serious changes!.with only 20 goals scored at this point i felt it was essential to find a goalscorer, Marlon King has scored 1 in 12 starts!.i'm fuming with the guy .so heres what i've done so far in the January window..

Players In

Zayatte has signed on a permanent deal obviously, he's actually been pretty consistent and doing ok.

Henrik Larsson on a freeby, bit of experience, natural goalscorer signed on a one year deal.

Robert Lewandowski, young (20yrs) polish striker signed for £1m, check this guy out! his stats are fantastic, i'm confident he's gonna be a major hit next season.

Emile Heskey, £2.3mil, signed from fellow relegation battlers Wigan, i feel this is the guy who can save me from relegation!.

your proberly thinking how i've had £3.3mil to spend after already spending a bit on Larsson in the summer, well here we go:

Players Out:

Michael Turner, £6.5mil to Everton. its a huge risk because he is my best performer, but Diatta has done a job whenever required, Zayatte is doing ok and Gardner is good when fit so i've sacrificed Turner in order to score goals at the other end of the pitch!.

Giannakopoulous has left on a freeby, he's a waste of space along with..i hate to say it but Dean Windass to Bradford, with the amount of strikers available to me somebody had to go :(

Fagan also left the club, he didnt seem to 'fit in with the rest of the squad' so felt i better get rid asap and he couldnt take his pre-season form into the league.

so i've just done my wheeling and dealing in the January window, i'll keep you informed and fill you in how the next and final few months of the season go!. hope you've enjoyed the read, i've never done this before on the forums, thought i'd get myself involved.haha. i've not got a clue what tactic i'm going for, but i'm confident aslong as i play Heskey and a couple of goals from Henrik Larsson..i'll stay up!

COME ON YOU ULLLLLLLLLLLL.

ps. seriously..check out that young polish kid..he may outscore Heskey this season!. he's gonna be a star! i just know it!.

im in second season now. i'm second place mid-november. i'm predicted 20th place again so its all good. :D foster and enyeama both rotating at goalkeeper.

my russian captain pygnorbnak or however you spell it is being subjected to a lot of interest. consdering selling him for 26-30M during the january window to invest in falcao. also might dump heskey during january or let his contract run out to the summer. interest is high in zayatta + de merit too. zayatta being average and de merit closing in on 30 years old so i'm thinking of selling one or two of them in january. i just need some replacements. my scouts picked up a few good czech players who i might go for.

oh and mendy is going in january to girondins for 8M. i've already settled for justin hoyte as a replacement for 5.8M and also signed this neat little spurs regen fullback (at 17 years old, his pace/accel are 17/18 :D ).

i signed barazite and wilshere too :D. i was hoping to get traore or ramsey but they got their squad status's promoted.

grabbed a good looking DC regen too and have my eye on 3 neat little english regens. love scouting, i just need more scouts. >.>.

oooo and kaillio from fulham is a brill buy! i got him for 500k and hes really neat investment for atleast this season.

im hoping my rep will be higher by june. i'll just raid man city's reserves (kompany, jo, elano).

i was lacking a bit of depth in midfield so snapped up Graveson on a free in Oct.

lost 3-1 to man city

0-0 against liverpool

won 1-0 vs bolton

lost 1-0 to fulham

1-1 with spurs thatnks to a last gasp equaliser

the losses to city and fulham were away.

ive also noticed that im very different to the Tigers IRL. i have not beaten a London based club yet. the draw against spurs is my best resultlol

I'm clearly just hopeless. 16th place in Season 1 has given way to 19th and relegation in Season 2. That's despite going undefeated in all competitions between Dec 31st and the end of March. I'm not scoring anywhere enough goals, and things are just horrid really. I was hugely confident at the start of the season that it wouldn't be another relegation battle. Seems I just don't know what I'm doing. Witness my tacitcal ineptitude. I've tried so, so many tactics and by and large they've done nothing at all to help. And in 10 hours I've gone from loving the game to hating it again.

Archived