"The new DRM will ruin the game!"

When you uninstall the game you get an uninstall back. I would go as far as say the average gamer will have no need to install the game 5 times.

They probably wont but thing is i dont uninstall every single piece of softwate when i format my harddrive, i clean it all up without uninstalling.

Oh and for Navie look at this post to get your "I like drm because piracy is illegal" point crushed.

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=1988370&postcount=346

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well as said before if your PC busts and you need to unistall you will still have your number of installs back. BUT....even if its a few paying customers who have the problems then sureley that would be a few too many?

So I do agree that the vast majority may not have any problems, I still do not like parting with my money for a product that is limited.

I guess that's fine if it's your own opinion.

However, it's limited in the sense that you can't have it installed on more than 5 machines at once.

How many (rational) consumers find the need to install the game more than 5 times at any one time, in the knowledge that each license is reclaimable?

it doesnt mean its enough for everybody else though does it!!

Just because it works for you doesnt mean its a pain in the ass for the rest of us.

We actually reinstall our operating system/change hardware/lose HD's/Upgrade HD's/Install Driver Updates

All of these things can wipe out our PC without giving us the chance to "Uninstall" the game first you *** **** ****!

Youre really irritating me, "oh but it works for me so its fine" you clearly have no intellectual ability to comprehend any aspect of the argument we are putting across.

We dont want DRM in the damn game at all! I dont care if the thing gives me 100 installs and a chocolate bar - I Do Not Want It In A Game Im Paying Money For!!

I Buy It - I Want To Play It When I Want - Not When SI/SEGA Say I Can!

Take DRM Out of the Game and everyone is happy.

Leave DRM in the game, customers become annoyed, dont buy the game, and download it without the DRM.

So who wins?

The customer.

They do what they want to do.

If it means not buying the game and downloading it, to get it without the DRM, then i think many people will.

I wasn't talking about anyone else...just about me...as in myself.

They probably wont but thing is i dont uninstall every single piece of softwate when i format my harddrive, i clean it all up without uninstalling.

Oh and for Navie look at this post to get your "I like drm because piracy is illegal" point crushed.

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=1988370&postcount=346

Well then just uninstall before you format it.

That'sthe second time in this thread you've advocated piracy. Time you were banned I think.

*reported for breach of forum rules.

I advocate DRM-Freedom.

Not Piracy.

If you want to call me a pirate for supporting a DRM-Free version of a game, then i guess i am guilty as charged.

DRM in FM09 does nothing, absolutely nothing to stop piracy whatsoever, why cant you lot see that.

I guess that's fine if it's your own opinion.

However, it's limited in the sense that you can't have it installed on more than 5 machines at once.

How many (rational) consumers find the need to install the game more than 5 times at any one time, in the knowledge that each license is reclaimable?

I dont but i dont uninstall everytime i format my harddrive or do a hardware upgrade as i said.

Oh, and look, there's FM too? Shocker considering noones buying it according to you lot. :D

No one is saying no one will buy it. I am saying even 5% drop in sales because of DRM means it has failed 100%

Even EA admit Sprore was a failure by trying to say 500k downloands do not = 500k lost sales but before that, every company was trying to convince people that piracy was so bad that 1 download = 1 lost sale. except when the download is cause by DRM it seems. :D

it doesnt mean its enough for everybody else though does it!!

Just because it works for you doesnt mean its a pain in the ass for the rest of us.

We actually reinstall our operating system/change hardware/lose HD's/Upgrade HD's/Install Driver Updates

All of these things can wipe out our PC without giving us the chance to "Uninstall" the game first you *** **** ****!

Youre really irritating me, "oh but it works for me so its fine" you clearly have no intellectual ability to comprehend any aspect of the argument we are putting across.

We dont want DRM in the damn game at all! I dont care if the thing gives me 100 installs and a chocolate bar - I Do Not Want It In A Game Im Paying Money For!!

I Buy It - I Want To Play It When I Want - Not When SI/SEGA Say I Can!

Take DRM Out of the Game and everyone is happy.

Leave DRM in the game, customers become annoyed, dont buy the game, and download it without the DRM.

So who wins?

The customer.

They do what they want to do.

If it means not buying the game and downloading it, to get it without the DRM, then i think many people will.

There is about as much chance as the cd breaking as there is of your computer crashing so you can't uninstall the game 5 times.

I'm closing this thread because it is getting a ridiculous number of reported posts in the mods forum and is degenerating into pointless circuitous argument.

Please do not mention how people might/might not be able to pirate FM. Further discussions of this sort will lead to infractions/possible bannings.

There is no indication of any poster being an alias of any other. Thanks for posting serious concerns, for those that did. For those who see the reported post button as a tube of smarties, please stop. We have to read all the posts and it is frustrating to have someone using it just because they can.

Archived