Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 38k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used the Argus Knap 3-2-4-1 formation. Works well on a balanced mentality. But I do seem to concede a few goals. When you go in to a commanding lead. Is it advised to go to a cautios mentality or defensive mentality.

Also for opposition instructions, do you leave to your assistant manager, or leave completely. 

I was also wondering, do you stick with the Argus Knap formation away from Home, or do you change to another formation. Would love to hear back. Thanks 

• AWAY GAMES CONTROL and SUS ( SUS Tactic on Docs is a 4231)

With regard to Away games it depends upon your own risk factor. I am gung ho and prefer to attack and perhaps win 1 game in 3. If risk adverse then use a defensive tactic and perhaps draw all 3 games.

As a defensive formation I would use451/ 4141 as it has a DM and protects wings.

•  

AWAY GAME TWEAKS - Cautious Mentality WB on support  DM on Defend

CONTROL TACTIC
    • The LOE can be adjusted to MID BLOCK

•  

Remove Counter Press and/or Counter

For a SUS these are ideas to use.

Remove counter press counter

Remove pass into space

Stop WB runs by going to defend or no nonsense FB

Change mentality cautious/Defensive

full SUS would be to regroup and hold shape

•  

Adjust SPs for more players to stay back

I tend to judge what to use by how the game is progressing as you may just to want to control game rather than a full SU

Been using multiple PEP tactics before but I gonna say that I enjoy using  ARGUS PEP 3241 MLD ATT PSG 110 FA CC tactic 

Using Newcastle with disable first transfer windows, Isak already got 29 goals in 16 matches right now

image.thumb.png.77e924f956607385fce5a1d7a5ffd58f.png

image.thumb.png.c76aa5c55d2583586f95b7c3a58489bd.png

I like the kamikaze non stop attacking style from this tactics. Multiple comeback from Arsenal and Man Utd games for example

image.thumb.png.1506fe21461feb1291c42dde3de85274.png

image.thumb.png.48e36aff4416b476fa8120847cdda2e1.png

Edited by esca

@knap My first season with PSG (2026-27) was great. Winning the Ligue 1 was pretty easy and also won the French Cup (the Supercup was won by the manager before me). Champions League competion phase was 8 wins in 8 matches. Lost in the next round vs Spurs though. I used ME23.2BEOWULFKnapBALTIG4231IFVOLP101ALLCUPS as my tactic. Put it in all 3 tactic slots and only changed mentality 2 higher (to atticking) en 2 lower (2 defending) in slot 2 and 3. Played all matches with auto result. Benjamin Sesko scored 55 club goals this season. Mbappé scored 31 club goals.

Now I signed Haaland on a free transfer from Manchester City. I would like to have all 3 of them on the pitch. Would you use a system with 2 strikers (Haaland, Sesko) and an AML (Mbappé) or a system with 3 strikers to have them play together, and to wreak mayhem in the Ligue 1 and Champions League?

Edited by Jorgen

2 hours ago, knap said:

@Jorgen

What tactic would you propose using, as I can see if it can be updated

I am sin an updated BEOWULF

Screenshot(824).thumb.png.c07cdb316ee2f3d00cf76fee727f70c4.png

Screenshot (825).png

I like symmetrical tactics. I'm not sure if Mbappé should be used as an winger, or striker. Genie Scout recommends him being a striker. What do you think?

I find it hard to decide what tactic I should chose, so I looked at "score" in your sheet and compared that with winning the CL and having an high GD.
Perhaps ME23.2BEOWULFKnapBALSP424IFVOLP104ALLCPS (but "only 88.8" score) with Mbappé hanging on the left, Haaland and Sesko in front and Havertz hanging on the right.
Or WHEELS OF FIRE 4312 N PSG P114 CC but with the AMC deleted and an extra striker to get a line of 3.

Would those work well with Mbappe, Haaland and Sesko?

Edit: I looked at the shape of the formation, not at the roles. Most often, I like 4-3-3 alike shapes/tactics the best.

Edited by Jorgen

@Manstein

The ME was changed for double pivots. DMs without MCs in front play higher and MCs without DMs behind drop deeper. SIs view is that 4231s only use DM double pivots and so the AI only use this version.  

4231 double pivots should be working.

4 dakika önce, knap said:

@Manstein

The ME was changed for double pivots. DMs without MCs in front play higher and MCs without DMs behind drop deeper. SIs view is that 4231s only use DM double pivots and so the AI only use this version.  

4231 double pivots should be working.

Thanks for informations, then which variation for my game, if ur advice is 4-2-4, which tactic do i use ur made?

I'm using ME23.2WOFKnap4231MLDP112ECCC with Parma.

I create a lot of chances but don't score a lot.

I wonder if changing the mentality from attacking to balanced or positive might improve the quality of chances or is that not possible in combination with the much lower defensive line?

Edited by ednab