It's time for some additions to the playable leagues

Let me start my post by saying that I am a long time fan of the games since the days of Championship Manager. I have owned every release since CM01 and I put around 1000 hours of gameplay every year into this game. I am also from Cyprus and I may not be the most objective person on the matter but I think I have some valid points to make. Also the new FM19 from the 20 hours I put into Beta seems to have some nice additions and my first impressions are certainly positive

I had hopes that his was finally the year that the Cyprus League structure would be implemented into the base game but unfortunately this is not case. Now the Cyprus First Division is the highest ranked unplayable division in the base game (Ranked 19th at the start of a new game, the next unplayable division in the Azeri Premier League at 28)

I don't mean to sound like an entitled ***** here, I am just tired of waiting for editor date to have this available. I do understand that this decision is probably not a football based one but I really think the addition of Cypriot First Divison, Azeri Premier League and Kazakhstan Premier League is needed to the official game, there are teams from those 3 divisions in European Competition groups stage every year this decade. They deserve some recognition 

Those are my 2 cents. I really really hope next year these additions are implemented into the game

I agree, if there is an active research community for each of those nations covering at least the top two divisions it would be great if SI could add them to the list of default leagues.

12 minutes ago, Deluhathol said:

Let me start my post by saying that I am a long time fan of the games since the days of Championship Manager. I have owned every release since CM01 and I put around 1000 hours of gameplay every year into this game. I am also from Cyprus and I may not be the most objective person on the matter but I think I have some valid points to make. Also the new FM19 from the 20 hours I put into Beta seems to have some nice additions and my first impressions are certainly positive

I had hopes that his was finally the year that the Cyprus League structure would be implemented into the base game but unfortunately this is not case. Now the Cyprus First Division is the highest ranked unplayable division in the base game (Ranked 19th at the start of a new game, the next unplayable division in the Azeri Premier League at 28)

I don't mean to sound like an entitled ***** here, I am just tired of waiting for editor date to have this available. I do understand that this decision is probably not a football based one but I really think the addition of Cypriot First Divison, Azeri Premier League and Kazakhstan Premier League is needed to the official game, there are teams from those 3 divisions in European Competition groups stage every year this decade. They deserve some recognition 

Those are my 2 cents. I really really hope next year these additions are implemented into the game

As Barside notes, SI have given that as a reason for the lack of new leagues. They need dedicated/more researchers to be able to implement further leagues. So if you have a burning desire for those leagues, I'd advise you to head into the research section and try to help out. If enough dedicated users do so, then your wish might come true.

What I would like to see though is for it to be easier to unlock non-playable leagues in the pre-game editor so that the user can add non-playable leagues themselves. I’ve followed unofficial online instructions, and YouTube tutorials, and I’ve never been able to unlock and get working the two tiers below National League North and National League South In the UK. I’ve never been able to find official instructions on how to do this.

8 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

What I would like to see though is for it to be easier to unlock non-playable leagues in the pre-game editor so that the user can add non-playable leagues themselves. I’ve followed unofficial online instructions, and YouTube tutorials, and I’ve never been able to unlock and get working the two tiers below National League North and National League South In the UK. I’ve never been able to find official instructions on how to do this.

You usually need to download the user created edited databases to get leagues not in the actual game, there's nothing to 'unlock' 

16 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REY-cuBlKQE

53 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You usually need to download the user created edited databases to get leagues not in the actual game, there's nothing to 'unlock' 

That’s my point. It would be good if the pre-game editor was adapted so that the user could unlock non-playable leagues if they wanted to.

Then SI might as well include them as default leagues from the start as they will have to input all the rule groups, player data & club data for it to be a simple case of activating the levels in the editor.

20 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Mate it’s not that hard 

9 hours ago, oche balboa said:

Mate it’s not that hard 

Maybe not... but I can’t get it to work and I’ve tried numerous times, following online instructions and YouTube tutorials, all without success.

Archived