Player with 3 determination, worth developing?

Hi, sorry for opening topic for just one player, but I don't know where could I post this

I've created save with Bordeaux, and I have this player with 5 star potential, but he has 3 determination and 3 balance. Should I give him playing time? I don't know will he develop with that low determination and will that be just a waste of time. Also, how can low balance affect his playing?

Edit: I have another one with 3 determination http://prntscr.com/l0is24

Screenshot_6.jpg

4 minuti fa, Marko1989 ha scritto:

Hi, sorry for opening topic for just one player, but I don't know where could I post this

I've created save with Bordeaux, and I have this player with 5 star potential, but he has 3 determination and 3 balance. Should I give him playing time? I don't know will he develop with that low determination and will that be just a waste of time. Also, how can low balance affect his playing?

Screenshot_6.jpg

It's probably the wrong section (Tactics and Training is the right one, I'd say).

Anyway, it's absolutely worth developing a player with 4* potential! Just give him a couple of apps as a substitute or as a starter in easy cup games, and see how he plays.

IIRC Determination will affect how the player reacts to negative events during a match (missing a chance, conceding a goal etc), but the kid looks promising enough to turn into a decent Ligue 1 striker. And if he doesn't turn out as good, or you don't like how he plays, you'd still sell him for great money until he's like 22 or 23...
AI don't mind about low stats, and if he's PA is high enough, someone will take the bait ;)

2 minutes ago, RBKalle said:

It's probably the wrong section (Tactics and Training is the right one, I'd say).

Anyway, it's absolutely worth developing a player with 4* potential! Just give him a couple of apps as a substitute or as a starter in easy cup games, and see how he plays.

IIRC Determination will affect how the player reacts to negative events during a match (missing a chance, conceding a goal etc), but the kid looks promising enough to turn into a decent Ligue 1 striker. And if he doesn't turn out as good, or you don't like how he plays, you'd still sell him for great money until he's like 22 or 23...
AI don't mind about low stats, and if he's PA is high enough, someone will take the bait ;)

Thank you for your reply, I will give him a chance. Yeah, I could sell him, but looking through youth system I've just found a couple of more players with very high potential but very low determination. ( just one from many https://prnt.sc/l0iuhq)

So, determination stat is not dynamic, it can't get higher? :)

3 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Should I give him playing time?

Whilst playing time at a relevant level remains important for player development across all ages, up to the age of 18 Training takes precedence.

Players with high levels of Determination, Professionalism and Ambition train better.  And as people are pointing out above, for this 16 year old hot prospect Tutoring is the way to go in order to improve those attributes.  So yeh, get that kid tutored asap to at least bump up his Determination.

Archived