NEXT NATIONS LEAGUE

Hi guys i need your help here,i heard from a greek journalist that next nations league will give 4 places for WC 2022 and other 9 will be from WC Quilifiers(9 groups with 6 nations,1st place team quilify for WC) is that true and official?And if it is  it will include to fm19?Thanks..

Looking at the available info, there is no mention that I can see about this competition being used as a qualifying competition for the world cup, purely for the Euros ( it is a UEFA competition, not a FIFA one.)  As usual, any competition rules or changes that are fully confirmed before data lock for the new game will normally be included, but this will have to await official confirmation from FIFA

It's a UEFA competition, so I'm pretty sure it will not offer qualifying places for the World Cup, which is a FIFA competition.

The winners of each league in this current bi-annual format will qualify for a play off to qualify for the Euro Champs though (unless they have already qualified). There was an article I read some place that said Malta were looking to qualify for the EC within the next 10 or so years, and their most likely route of access was through the Nations League.

There is actually a mention on Wiki that the Nations League may be linked to the UEFA zone qualifying for the World Cup, but that's not expanded on. It does however link to CNN as a source, so where they got it from I don't know. I've not found a European source that mentions winners qualifying for the World Cup.

Yeah, right now this is just speculation. FIFA has been supportive of the Nations League idea so assuming all goes well this year they may well go for it, but it's not confirmed at all. It would also very likely use a different format which we don't know yet - with Europe only have 13 World Cup spots rather than 24 for the Euros it's hard to see them dishing out places to teams who've down well in League C or D.

41 minutes ago, Matteo3champions said:

I know that the winner of every playoff of each divisions (A, B, C, D) will be qualified directly to euro 2020. Don’t know if there is included in FM 18. I think will be in FM 19.

It is already in Fm18.. 

2 hours ago, Matteo3champions said:

I know that the winner of every playoff of each divisions (A, B, C, D) will be qualified directly to euro 2020. Don’t know if there is included in FM 18. I think will be in FM 19.

It's been in every FM since FM15...

Archived