FM 2009: Official AC Milan Thread - Rebuilding Needed?

Sir frosinone

His physical stats could be eating up his CA/PA, keep faith for a while, perhaps a rotation player. :thup:

Okay, unless I get a good bid for him I'll keep him around and won't actively try to get rid for at least a year and see if I can get some performances out of him. Maybe some better service from the midfield will do the trick.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update for anyone who is interested.

After playing the final games of the season, winning the Italian Cup and EURO Cup (didn't realise Milan were in that when I made my previous posts) I commenced work on rebuilding the side and removing the chaff. Milan increased my transfer budget to 150m from the previous 95m and I bolstered this by selling Remy to Barcelona for £17.75m, Kaka to Real Madrid for £43m, Leo to QPR for £18.75m and Flamini to Arsenal for £30m.

I brought in 14 players in total, though about six of those are 17-19 year old potential future stars to nurture. The more immediate-need players I managed to get were Akinfeev for £30m, Bojan for £30m, Babel for £22m, De Silvestri for £22m and David Luiz for £19m. I tried to bring in Montolivo and Tissone but couldn't get a bid accepted. I will probably try again in the winter and leave it up to Van der Vaart in the mean time. Just decimated Real Madrid 4-0 in the European Super Cup so a good start.

How do you guys get rossi for 11m? if that on demo or somthing? he asks 39m at me when im at milan

Like Purefun said, that was a long time ago before his release clause was updated. I think that he usually gets a new contract at the end of the first season and it lowers his release clause to around 20M.

Heya guys,

So I'm starting an AC Milan game (I already won the CL with my Lyon game, and I'm really frustrated at starting my Bayern Munich game for the 4th time), and I'm not exactly sure what I should do in the first transfer window.

Looking at the starting lineup, It seems I have very few attacking midfielders, so it might be better to play a 4-4-2? I normally prefer a 4-2-3-1 though, but what areas need improvement, no matter what tactics I use?

If you want to play with wingers, then you'll need one or two. If you want to play with 3 AMC's then you'll be ok, but probably will need some backups. Another DC is nice depending on how long Nesta's injury is. Getting a full back would be a good idea too. I play a 4-1-2-1-2, which works very nicely, but you'll need another striker to do that probably. Basically almost no matter what formation you use, you'll definitely need a player or two. Unless you play a 4-3-2-1, the team is set up nicely for that, even then you'll need backups though.

Oh yeah, buy Paloschi at the beginning of the game.

Well, I normally prefer 4-2-3-1, but I guess I'll try out 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2

Here are my transfers so far:

Out:

Emerson (loan): 275k

Kalac (loan): 160k

Jankulovski (loan): 300k

Nesta: 8.5m

Andrea Pirlo?: 21.5m

Ins:

Paloschi: 1.8m

Santon: 4.5m

Asenjo: 7.5m

Marquinhos: 11m

I'm also trying to get Leo (7.5m), Balotelli (13.5m) and Vela(7-8m?). Hopefully, I can do that if I sell Pirlo. What do you guys think?

Just started a game on 9.0.3 patch but I have also updated some of the recent transfers too - so no Kaka at Milan but a fair bit to spend! I don't want a team FULL of foreigners so will try to get a few Italian players in if the quality and price is right.

Formation: Going to start with a standard flat back four, 3 CM's, two central AM's and a ST. May swap and change, trying out both variations of 4-2-3-1 (with 2 MC’s, AMR, AML, AMC or with 2 MC’s, 3 AMC’s) and a 4-3-1-2 (3 MC’s).

Transfer Budget £68m

Wage Budget £1.5m (currently £1.45 or something)

GK..

I'm looking to sell (or loan if I have to) Dida and Kalac both are too old, overpaid and not good enough. I'm looking to bring in a new #1 and have Abbiati as backup.

Possible targets: Akinfeev, Neuer, Lloris.

Anyone have any Italian goalkeeper recommendations who can go straight in as #1??

DEF..

Centrally, I think Nesta, Kaladze and Bonera will do for the first season but Nesta and Kaladze are both getting old and will need replacing soon. I know Thiago Silva will be available for season two but I think I would rather get another DC in now and give them a year to settle in, rather than putting two new DC's into the team next season.

At fullback, I will probably start Zambrotta at RB and Jankulovski at LB but both are getting old so will need long term replacements. If I bring in another DC then Bonera could play RB or Kaladze play LB.

Possible targets:

I'm hoping to get De Silvestri and have him tutored by Zambrotta, as I see him as the ideal long term replacement. Also looking at Santacroce, Angelerri/Angeletti (Argentinian RB from Independiente I think), David Luiz, Joleon Lescott.

Any other defensive suggestions welcome.

MID..

A lack of natural wide players means I will be using a narrow midfield and attacking fullbacks. I won’t be looking to buy any wide midfielders straight away, but may need to in January if my narrow midfield tactics don’t work. Defensively Milan are very strong in the centre of the pitch and I am happy to play Flamini, Pirlo, Gattuso or Ambrosini in there. I wouldn’t mind keeping Gattuso and Pirlo until they retire as they are the heart of Milan’s midfield and their eventual replacement must be top quality. Emerson must go, Ambrosini may well also end up surplus to requirements. In terms of attacking, without Kaka here Milan do not have a lot of choice. Ronaldinho and Seedorf will both start as AMC’s but I will need to strengthen here, with Viudez (sp?) maybe making a couple of appearances. I will also be training Pato as cover for AMC.

Possible targets: 5 days into my game and already Pirlo wants a new challenge. I will be keeping my eye out for a possible replacement if I lose him (maybe Hamsik, Toulalan or Kuzmanovic). For bolstering my attacking options I am looking at Montolivo, Ben Arfa, Van Der Vaart (who is in Madrid’s reserves and valued at £4m!), Defour and Witsel. I have also made an offer to loan Vela with an option to buy. If I decide I need wide players I will definitely be considering Di Maria, Giovinco and Obertan.

ST..

As my starting tactics only have one striker, Shevchenko will hopefully do the job here at least until January but if I can get a new star striker I will cancel his loan since we are paying him £120k a week in wages. Of course Pato will be an option here but may also be played as an AMC. I think Boriello will only be good enough as a backup/rotation player, so have already made a £2.5m bid for Paloschi which has been accepted, but I think I will only use him off the bench and in cup games in the first season.

Possible targets: I have found quite a few targets who may be good in the future (Laurito, Acquafresca, Lanzafame, Balotelli) but am struggling to find a new star striker, since Villareal want £32m for Rossi!! Would Chamakh be a good signing??

-TV-

Well, I normally prefer 4-2-3-1, but I guess I'll try out 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2

Here are my transfers so far:

Out:

Emerson (loan): 275k

Kalac (loan): 160k

Jankulovski (loan): 300k

Nesta: 8.5m

Andrea Pirlo?: 21.5m

Ins:

Paloschi: 1.8m

Santon: 4.5m

Asenjo: 7.5m

Marquinhos: 11m

I'm also trying to get Leo (7.5m), Balotelli (13.5m) and Vela(7-8m?). Hopefully, I can do that if I sell Pirlo. What do you guys think?

Depends on the offer for Pirlo?

-TonyVain-

Italian GK - Frey?

Chamakh is good but you want to look at other options first I guess, what about Milevskiy? Marquinhos?

I managed to sign Milevskyi for £7.5m (using one of my two non-EU transfers) and also got Paloschi for £2.5m - so with those two, Pato and Boriello (to return from injury) I think I will cancel Sheva’s loan and save us £120k a week. I then sealed co-ownership deals for Alexis Sanchez (£2.3m) and Tsvetomir Todorov (£325k); and wrapped up the permanent signings of Criscito (£3m) and Laurito (£2m) who will both join at the end of the season due to currently being on loan at other clubs. I’ve also agreed a £9m deal with Lazio for De Silvestri and offered him a contract. Still not sorted out a goalkeeper though – can’t agree a fee for Akinfeev and Neuer/Adler aren’t interested. I’m also set to sign David Luiz for £5.75m but have delayed it for a week as I am not sure whether to go through with it or not since Thiago Silva and Criscito will both be available for me at the start of next season – ADVICE PLEASE!!! I suppose this season I could play Kaladze at LB, Zambrotta RB, David Luiz and Nesta at DC, with Jankulovski/Bonera/De Silvestri as backup; with the assumption that Criscito and Thiago Silva will replace the veterans Kaladze and Nesta next season? David Luiz would also use up my second and final non-EU transfer for the season.

Looks like I might be able to get Van Der Vaart for around £8m too, in the middle of thrashing out a deal for him now, but I’m not sure he’s been rotting in the Madrid reserves long enough for him to be interested in a move to Milan. No more moaning from Pirlo as of yet, but Inter have already sealed the co-ownership of my number one Pirlo replacement – Hamsik (£14m). Simon Vukcevic is also available for £8m and it would be out of him and David Luiz for my second non-EU transfer...?

I'm planning on starting a Milan game now term time has come to an end. My aim is to bring new life and width to Milan whilst also attempting to retain some of the traditions. Just wondering if anyone has any 'must do' advice. I'll be using 9.0.3 patch.

I'm planning on starting a Milan game now term time has come to an end. My aim is to bring new life and width to Milan whilst also attempting to retain some of the traditions. Just wondering if anyone has any 'must do' advice. I'll be using 9.0.3 patch.

Short term, the base team is quite strong and can win the title on it's own. I'd say that the only thing you need is a new GOOD central defender. Go to your reserves and bring Jankulovski back to the main team, he's good enough for the first season. Buy back Paloschi and start developing him.

Long term, new striker(Milevski, Aguero, Rossi, Vucinic, Benzema), keeper(Akinfeev, Neuer, Adler, Mandana, Frey, etc), fullbacks(Santon, Guardado, Marcelo, Srna, Zhirkov) and probably a new attacking midfilder who can also play on the wings(Marquinhos, Pjanic, Giovinco, Balotteli, Ribery, Sanchez)

Never sell Ambrosini or Antonini because you'll need them for the Champions League in the 2nd season to register your team.

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble using Kaka (I know, its weird). I play him at AMC, but he is doing poorly. I usually use a 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-2-2, and in the 3 or 4 games I've used him for, his rating is a 6.63. What should his settings be?

Hi,

I have decided to start a new Milan game. I have played with them in the past but did not stick with it for long, but decided to have another go. I have decided to play a 4-3-1-2 formation, Line up: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini/Flamini; Kaka; Shevchenko/Borriello, Pato.

So faqr my transfer activity has been to loan out Emerson, Kalac, Cardacio, Viudez. I am trying to sign Gamberini, if i cannot get him I will get Sakho probably. I would like to keep the squad as Italian as possible.

First Season...

I’ve completed preseason with Milan and just played my first four or five games in the league.

I picked my starting formation to make best use of the players I had in the team, so started off using a 4-3-2-1 with 3 CM’s and 2 AMC’s but while watching the game I noticed it was all too narrow, not making any space, losing possession too easily and not making any goalscoring opportunities. I had to change to my favoured 4-2-3-1 formation and buy/retrain players to suit this style. The back four works as normal two attacking full backs who are comfortable going forward and solid in defence. The two DC’s – left side has to be fast, right side has to be dominant in the air. The right sided MC is the midfield terrier – hard working, high stamina, very determined, excellent at tackling and marking. The left sided MC is the one who pulls the strings in midfield and starts most of the attacks – with high attributes for passing, creativity, decisions, first touch, technique. All the AM’s are fairly similar, for the wide positions I don’t look for players who have high pace and crossing – I like my wingers to be able to cut inside and score themselves, so all the AM’s must have good dribbling, agility, finishing, flair and composure. The front man is an out and out striker who must be great physically, good in the air and good on the ground, and also needs a bit of pace – pretty much a complete striker.

This is my current team....

GK - Abbiati / Dida

DR - Zambrotta / Bonera / De Silvestri / Antonini

DL - Jankulovski / Kaladze / Mazzarrani / Antonini

DC - Nesta / Bonera / Senderos

DC - David Luiz / Kaladze / Senderos

MC - Gattuso / Flamini / Zuculini

MC - Pirlo / Ambrosini / Cardacio

AMR – Pato / Sanchez / Viudez

AMC – Ronaldinho / Seedorf / Thiago Alcantara

AML – Pandev / Sanchez / Marilunga (from Sampdoria)

ST – Milevskyi / Boriello / Paloschi

At the back, Abbiati and Luiz have been consistent but not amazing (both averaging about 6.90) but Luiz is new to the team so will obviously need time to settle. Zambrotta has been shaky – some good games, some bad. Nesta has been good but Jankulovski has been the best so far – defending well, but also assisting a few and even scoring one. Gattuso has been ok, averaging just under 7 – Flamini has actually done better when he has played (while Gattuso was suspended). Pirlo has been on fire, even scored a hat trick against Torino in a 5-2 win. Ronaldinho has been injured but Seedorf has played well in his place. Pato has probably been the best of the front three so far but I am very happy with all three of them. Pandev settled in straight away and has been scoring and assisting. Milevskyi took a few games to settle but just starting to put in some good performances, scoring two in a 3-0 win over Saint Ettiene in the EURO Cup.

A lot of my signings are for the long term but I am very happy with how Milevskyi (£7.5m) and Pandev (£6m) have slotted in to the team’s style of play.

Have also got Thiago Silva available next season, and arranged transfers for Criscito, Aquino and Laurito.

So after a shaky start, all is going well so far!

HOPEY

I'm on 9.3. I use the default attacking midfielder settings for him.

Mentality - Whatever fits your system, best to have him on attacking I'd imagine.

Creative freedom - Quite high, 14-16.

Passing - Mixed.

Closing down - whatever fits your closing down system.

Forward Runs - Often or Mixed.

Run with ball - Often/Mixed.

Long shots - Mixed.

Through balls - Often.

CB - Mixed.

Free role - tick.

Hey guys,

So I finished my first season, and I did amazingly well. 2nd place in serie a, and winning the EURO cup. I'm in my transfer phase and I have tons of money! 128mil pounds, plus I've sold a lot of players, giving me about 670k / week of wages free.

So far:

Transfers Out:

Bonera (3m, yes, I undersold, but I don't need the money really)

Jankulovski (1.5m)

Emerson (1.2m)

Kalac (300k)

Cardacio (1.5m)

Antonini (2.4m, yes, undersold)

Ambrosini (2.3m, undersold)

Borriello (5m)

Massimo (1m)

Abbiati (loan)

Storari (1.8m)

Transfers In:

Zapata (6m)

Giovinco (6m)

Afinkeev (14.25m)

So, I have tons of money and wages. How do I improve my team?

Here are my first squad players

GK: Afinkeev, Asenjo, Dida

Wingbacks: Boateng, Santon, Zambrotta (looking to get M'Bengue, could use some tips for DL)

Defenders: Zapata, Kaladze, Leo, Jorgensen, Silva

DM/MCs: Flamini, Pirlo, Gattuso (looking to get Matuidi)

AMs: Gourcuff, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Vuidz, Giovinco

Strikers: Paloschi, Pato, Marquinhos

How can I improve my squad? I'm looking to usually play 4-2-2-2, 4-3-2-1, or 4-2-3-1.

But IRL they clearly don't have the money from the Kaka sale to spend entirely on transfers. Hence the lack of squad improvements, and missing out on Luis Fabiano, Edin Dzeko, Aly Cissokho etc etc

Well not all of it, but there are multiple reasons Milan is not spending money. And the Aly Cissokho reasoning was that he wasn't actually that good, and judging by the Lyon friendlies he isn't, Wolfsburg slapped a giant price tag on Dzeko, but Dzeko said that next season he'd like to come to Milan. And we're getting Huntelaar, much better than that whiny baby Fabiano. :D

You can't really judge people on pre-season boomheadshot45, Aly Cissokho wasn't bought by Milan because they didn't want to spend the money required to get him. They wanted to change the deal, Porto said no. So I don't know where you heard that story that they didn't rate him.

Anyway this just gets off topic, you do as you please on your Milan save. :p

Archived