Saving Football: Frauding A Nation

Deisler26

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TourcoingUSF+logo.png

Bienvenue dans le Nord
November 16th, 2016 (mid season)

Well, it has been a bit of a bumpy ride, my first half National 3 season at the helm in Tourcoing. I'm happy that we are above our predicted finish but at the same time we're far from being safe. We will bypass the automatic relegation spots but the play-out is still a very realistic chance. In that way a bit of mixed feelings. Results are pretty simple to explain. Once we concede a goal, we drop points. Our wins on the other handwere deserved and clear. Every single of them without conceding a goal.

2016-2017+Tourcoing+mid+season+league+fi

In the Coupe de France we went out in the 8th round after a win against Libourne (5-1), followed by a loss against Jura-Sud (0-2 - team in the National 2)

I'm happy that I was able to keep every player but at the moment no one with a contract wants to stay (not mentioning "extending" because I only can handout non-contracts). One of those is striker Despres who already scored 11 league goals. If we can stay up we probably have to do it with other and youngster players next season and that will be a huge task. The thought on that is already a bit of a worry :-/

Tactical wise I generally went for a simple 4-4-2 formation but I already tried this in various forms (diamond, flat, high wingers,…). It's a bit hoping to get the best combinations between fraudulous bad players on that front.

2016-2017+Tourcoing+mid+season+table.jpg

Nonetheless I'm generally happy with the steady progress we are making and I'm looking forward to the first youth intake. Although hopes and expectations are limited on that front you never know if our club board gave some misleading info to some youth talent and their parents. Let's start with frauding the region first.

depositphotos_117703634-stock-photo-tour

Tourcoing, la créative, on y va!

Solid first half season @Schiavone - I'm sure you can beat the drop and hopefully push on for a midtable finish. Maybe some of those players will come round towards the end of the season and be willing to sign new contracts.

@BoxToBox - I see there is no bias in your NT selections at all :lol:

5 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Really like this one, winger who doesn't mind kicking the odd fella, so he's fraudulently claiming to be a fullback.

Haha that sums him up! Though Parchisi doesn't like wingers, so he's made the right choice...

c518e12c98c40642e5b67794c494b7a5.png

ad9b89027cc8ee5bbedb9417a08aaa6d.png

Cheers then! It may cripple the club financially, but the chairman always seems to dip into his pockets and put a few thousand in so all should be fine...if not we'll just go into administration and pretend it never happened.... 

c54e7ec7162785522c59ff38c70dffb7.png

Title Clincher 2023 Results ~ League Table ~ Facilities ~ Finances 

We managed to clinch the title in Bayonne on the final day with a late goal, capitalising on Lyon B losing. A very good season, well above expectations. Our facilities have come along nicely, although our youth setup is pretty expensive now which has had a big impact on our finances. I hope the chairman's pockets are deep enough...

2b073dcded8df94ca534b858bdd94ce9.png

Massimi ~ Guidi ~ Pollet ~ Alessandri

Bastia-born and SC Bastia youth product Massimi was the star of the season and has been bumped up to club legend status. Our midfield duo of Guidi and Alessandri have been a creative force with so many key passes. Pollet broke all sorts of records this season and he's set for a very bright future. He's already rated as our best player current ability wise!

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

What a spectacular intake @smp20. Must have been some pretty good coaching there. :brock:

Yes a great intake for both clubs :D the Giuly's know how to develop players that's for sure.

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

@smp20 Coquin looks solid already.

If I could play him, he'd be straight into the team :thup:

Chauve's Travel Log

Amsterdam

FC Mulhouse really know how to ruin a good time, don't they? There I was, chilling in the city, frequenting the Red Light District, enjoying the erm... culture and they ring. I'd missed a few calls from them because I'd been keeping my phone on silent and ignoring my assman's texts, assuming it was all going swimmingly. And it was but unfortunately we drowned. Or something like that, it came out better in my head. Anyway, the assman's gone rogue a bit, the results were poor and I've been sacked. They didn't try to soften the blow either. Gary just straight up told me I was fired. We agreed that I could go on holiday as long as the results were good, blah blah blah. The results weren't good enough, blah blah blah. Contract terminated blah, blah, blah. Pffft. Onto the next club, that's what I say.

Anyway, next stop for me is Malmö. My former mentor Hakan Telleus is currently managing there so I'll catch up with him. Malmö won't be able to handle the fraudulence.

Image result for sc bastia

5bfa7c21f39fa22f75b89370a8eed65f.png

Results ~ League Table ~ TransfersClub Info ~ Facilities ~ Finances ~ Expansion ~ Upgrades

We finished in the same position as last year, but I feel this was a season of good progress. We gained more points, went unbeaten at home until February and did very well in both cups only losing out in the Semi to PSG and Final to Monaco. We brought back two players to the club in Wahbi Khazri and Johan Martial, but injuries interrupted Wahbi's impact and Martial lost his place in the side early on. We're expanding the stadium to 30k and we're making some upgrades to our facilities - all is going well :). It's just going to take a long time to get to PSG's level - 102 and 105 points the last two seasons is pretty unstoppable and they put 17 past us in 3 games....

50371465c49406600b01bd21b63ed30e.png

Kara ~ Kherbache ~ Brigato-Orengo ~ Coulibaly ~ Fogacci

As always our star man was Mo Kara, however we will be without him next season as City want to give him a chance in their first team. Khazri will step into his boots, but it's not going to be the same. Kherbache, now club captain, is still performing well in the playmaker role as is PBO at left wing despite his shortfalls. Coulibaly scored an impressive 10 Ligue 1 goals from defensive midfield, while our top scorer this season was youngster Emmanuel Fogacci who looks set for a very promising future as a traditional pacey finisher.

8 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

'kin hell. Lad'd get into my team now, behind Flano, but not far...

Yeah he's firmly a favourite of mine already!

57 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

456a1b869a7884633cb6fb5f5875a8d2.pngb9506be4e771b913660fe9b023803883.png

Well ****.

Signed a new contract, used his signing bonus to buy a Rolls Royce (with payment plan), showed up in training with Gucci shades and expensive skinny jeans, teammates making 450  week were not impressed...a few tackles later and that's all she wrote

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Signed a new contract, used his signing bonus to buy a Rolls Royce (with payment plan), showed up in training with Gucci shades and expensive skinny jeans, teammates making 450  week were not impressed...a few tackles later and that's all she wrote

Half way through another run round, and killing it.

af57d1053fd90a1b3b3225af3910eb50.jpgf389dcd4db0b1a17cf8050d9c0042ce9.png23e1aeef10bd2ffcd6dcd8b75e642829.png

Missing from the fixtures list is a pair of games against some Icelandic club, a 4-0 win and 2-0 win.

Not sure how to explain this level of form, some of the youths are starting to improve rapidly, and Laporte is in bonkers form.

Speaking of...

0d96ede0614539826ea165edab041cdb.png

Heh.

3 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Fantastic form that!!! But wtf are Amiens and Angers doing at the top :eek:

Angers, have had a tycoon take over, and while they're not full of worldies, they have a really solid squad.

c39e4007a3c6e43ef78aeeb9a10a4f27.png

Amiens, is a little harder to explain, they had a consortium takeover, but still their squad is average for Ligue 1, at best, just killing it, even smashed PSG 3-1. They do have Bielsa, though!

1112705500_Voltigeurs_de_Chteaubriant.png.3fdda7445493c11be848d7c4da8a53be.png

Voltigeurs de Chateaubriant

2021 YOUTH INTAKE

2021 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Another golden generation???? Well, considering the dross I have normally, I'm not surprised!. It also solves an issue where I didn't have any youth left-backs

--------------------------------------------------

Key Prospects

Christophe Petit DC

Kevin Billy DRL/ML

Adam Robert MC/AMRCAMRL

Clement Girault GK

Owen Blanchet AMRL/ST

Fabrice Thomas D/M/AML

@Deisler26 - very good youth intake, roll on sweet sixteen :lol:

@BoxToBox - wow, top of the league at this point is very impressive!!! Angers have a very nice team there, I enjoy it when random sides get tycoon takeovers and rise up. Good to see Bielsa succeeding too!

1112705500_Voltigeurs_de_Chteaubriant.png.3fdda7445493c11be848d7c4da8a53be.pngVoltigeurs de Chateaubriant

2021 Season Review

The joy and the misery. The joy of promotion. The misery of a truly awful season. We started well, then we nose-dived massively, resulting in an 11-game steak without a win. However, we rallied slightly and a win over the second bottom side FC Martigues with 5 games to go, meant that we would survive another season as we finished 13th in the Championnat National 2 - A.

Final Table

Season Results

Cup Results

Stats

Season Review

End of Season Awards

Archived