Demo Release date annouced - 2nd November

Well even when the demo is available you will probably be stuck trying to download it given the number of peeps that will vigilantly be watching the website to say that it is available.

I would leave it for a day or two and let the initial rush of excitement roll over you then get a smooth hassle free download. (read peeps comments about the demo while you wait serenely)

What's the bet there will be loads of threads about "cannot download it" "get stuck half-way through download" " download isn't working"....lol They will be blood vessels bursting all over the place.

Anyway as I am a man of leisure I can take all the time I need to play…(sorry couldn’t resist that).

Look forward to the rush of posts!!!

K

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's with all the ****ing about? just say when the demo is coming SI, no need to drag it out, and if its 12am on a saturday night then thats crap, why not 6pm on the friday evening? people will have the whole weekend to play then.

People round here are so ungratefull. Its as if some people think SI owe them in some way and they are obliged to give them quality games and quickly released demos. I think were pretty spoiled compared to fans of other games, patches, blogs, podcasts. I think some people need to show more apprecition. We have had a long string oof quality games, sure there have been things that have bugged me slightly but they are great games all the same. What other football management games seriously compete with FM?

The demos ready when its ready. Probably on sunay to tie in with the news of the world paper. Do you really think SI say, oh lets delay it as much as possible and **** off our fans? No they want to make a deccent game and release it when its good and ready, that includes the demo.

what's with all the ****ing about? just say when the demo is coming SI, no need to drag it out, and if its 12am on a saturday night then thats crap, why not 6pm on the friday evening? people will have the whole weekend to play then.

You ignored the first page? 12 midnight, sunday morning. Announced... decided... that's it...

And I don't see what your problem is. Would you prefer no demo at all? You've still got the best part of 2 weeks to play it...

i feel ever so sorry for you having to wait (note the sarcasm)-theyre not gonna bring out a patch on the day of release,NO game does,EVER,insane for you to even suggest it,and theyre unlikely to bring out a patch with just a couple of fixes,they'll bring out patches when they feel the need,remember they have to identify the bugs,work on them,make sure everything works as it should after the fix,then get it put together and released-takes more than a few days to do that,and yes there'll be bugs,every game has them,but for you to suggest a patch for what might be just a couple of bugs on the demo and get it ready for the release date is just daft,why do that,when its only for 6 months anyway?people may get further into the game when the proper version is released and so find more bugs,and theyre hardly likely to bring out patches every other week for every couple of bugs that are found,they'll just bring out a proper full patch maybe december/january or whenever they see fit-so stop moaning,and stop saying they should have a patch coming out on the day of release,cos its a stupid idea

Not entirely true. Patches are sometimes released on the day of the product release though its not perceived as a great endorsement of the product - but then improvement is improvement after all.

Actually I think an FM or CM patch was once released on the day of the game but I cannot recall for sure.

Just a thought - if the game was perfect, no patch required, would SI release free transfer window update patches or charge for a data updated new release after 6 months? Just a thought!

I doubt it. The guys at SI don't strike me as the kind of people would would do that

If EA were in charge then who knows.

Can't wait for the demo, 7 days today we will be on these forums with a lucozade, sausages and a replacement keyboard for when you lose... okay maybe 2 or 3 replacement keyboards ;)

So.... more details about the demo will be released next Monday October 27th, and the demo will be released on Sunday November 2nd.

Did i got the info right or am i wrong?

I just hoped Sigames would released it some other day i mean, release it on Sunday night... people got work on the next day, i wont be able to perform my job properly thinking about FM2009 demo, if i get fired you better be ready for a lawsuit SI!

So.... more details about the demo will be released next Monday October 27th, and the demo will be released on Sunday November 2nd.

Did i got the info right or am i wrong?

I just hoped Sigames would released it some other day i mean, release it on Sunday night... people got work on the next day, i wont be able to perform my job properly thinking about FM2009 demo, if i get fired you better be ready for a lawsuit SI!

Apparently it's being released 00.00am Sunday...which is 1 minute after 23:59pm Saturday ;)

Apparently it's being released 00.00am Sunday...which is 1 minute after 23:59pm Saturday ;)

Which means whatever servers are hosting it will be in total melt down at about 00:01am Sunday morning, probably frazled beyond repair by 00:04am Sunday morning - Better get in there fast chaps. ;)

Yeah, I'm quite annoyed about this TBH. I've got a week off school, then next Sunday I'm going to work. So I'm not going to get to play until Monday evening, when I'll have loads of H/W. So really, I won't get to play it until I get a H/W free night. Which it, ATM, seems will never come...

Yeah, I'm quite annoyed about this TBH. I've got a week off school, then next Sunday I'm going to work. So I'm not going to get to play until Monday evening, when I'll have loads of H/W. So really, I won't get to play it until I get a H/W free night. Which it, ATM, seems will never come...

Is it possible that the full game will come out before you get a free night?

Not long now, week of blogs, videos and a demo to top it off!

lol this thread is funny. Next year SI, conduct a survey of everyone here and from that deduce the best time to release the demo. forget when the demo'll actually be ready, how it's gonna be distributed etc etc :p

Spot on mate, absoloutely spot on

SI have released it 12 days before release day and I believe EA haven't released an official demo for Fifa Manager and that comes out in 4 days so well done SI :thup:great stuff

I'll be on a flight on the 2nd as I have to travel for Volleyball Championships to Italy!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is reaaaaally bad timing...:(

u like fm better? dont get me wrong mate im an fm mad but to represent your country is such an honour..good luck bdw

Forget about day/time of release and new features. Surely the burning issue is...

How long after the demo is released until someone posts on these forums that their inability to win a match is entirely down to a bug that makes the game unplayable? Then proceeds to froth at the mouth about them cancelling their pre order of their main game and promising to never buy a version of the game again or demanding a patch for the demo to be released five seconds later or they'll spontaneously combust.

Can we make it until 1am without this happening?

"I'll be on a flight on the 2nd as I have to travel for Volleyball Championships to Italy!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is reaaaaally bad timing..."

if there's a coinciding female beach volleyball competition I have no sympathy. None at all.

what? I like the sport. It's tactically very complex dontchaknow?

I hate going and watching games and then either realising the person that I was gonna watch isn't actually playing or they get subbed off very pleased this feature is in!

Or clicking to see an early goal in a game of mine but having to watch the whole match!

Bit off-topic: I think it's a nice new feature, but you could already leave during a game whenever you wanted, just by going to the fixtures page of one of the 2 teams, and declicking 'attend'.

Also nice to see the whole pitch degradation module. Really looking forward to november 2nd !!

Archived