• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me time to copy the system to all groups, hehehe (and take into account they have double the work as only a few groups are not provisional

PD: Maybe was a problem with Flexible/Fixed Format. Let me check

PD2: Can confirm was that and another stupid error with a division wrongly connected

Edited by Txini_Aguirre

On 26/11/2021 at 11:06, Txini_Aguirre said:

Let me time to copy the system to all groups, hehehe (and take into account they have double the work as only a few groups are not provisional

PD: Maybe was a problem with Flexible/Fixed Format. Let me check

PD2: Can confirm was that and another stupid error with a division wrongly connected

Ok let me know when you finish.

1 hour ago, Txini_Aguirre said:

By the way I unhappily have to say marking the not use for clubs ending season date is not working for B Teams autorelegation and dynamic system, had it in some tests while testing groups

Have you created scenario where B team must be relegated?

42 minutes ago, Txini_Aguirre said:

No time yet? hehehe

TBH i forgot :D

I work on my database so im focused.

EDIT: I tried to take a look at your database but its too confusing.

Lot of setting are added for no reason - for example  "start year offset", "starting division level".

You are far from creating this.

hace 19 minutos, krlenjushka dijo:

TBH i forgot :D

I work on my database so im focused.

EDIT: I tried to take a look at your database but its too confusing.

Lot of setting are added for no reason - for example  "start year offset", "starting division level".

You are far from creating this.

Copied from SI in upper divisions

On 24/11/2021 at 22:46, artveal said:

I have been working in a dynamic relegation system in Spain based in this topic but I made some changes taking advantage of regional divisions included in recent FM games, that allowed me to skip the Secondary Divisions. I will show you guys how I did it someday, I promiss.

Anyway, I'd like to help with these B teams that caused lot of issues when they are force-relegated. I found that the force relegations are applied when the season ends. This date is calculated by checking the finish date of all stages of all active competitions. The last date found is going to be the last day of competitions season (not to be confused with season update date). We will call this date "End of Competitions".

This means that force-relegations are not going to be taking into account until the date is reached, so it is very likely that our dynamic relegation system is processed before the season ends. To avoid this, I found that you can mark "Don't include stage for overall club end of season date" in every single stage (Stage > General > State Flags). This option will force the game to skip this stage when calculating our End of Competitions date, so the force-relegations will be taken into account before this stage finish. I found useful to mark this option in late season stages (i.e. promotion playoffs) whose result do not generate further force-relegations.

I hope this may help you.

Do you just add this flag on every single stage of every competition?

18 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Probably not for stage 0 because force relegation should be set right after this stage is finished.

So far no luck with this method, it indeed seems like the divisions with the dynamic relegation stages do not end (these competitions do not have a 'registered' champion when they end, although the first team in the league is marked as champion in the ranking). Is there a way to force these competitions to end at some point before the next season?

Edited by MichielVM

19 minutes ago, MichielVM said:

So far no luck with this method, it indeed seems like the divisions with the dynamic relegation stages do not end (these competitions do not have a 'registered' champion when they end, although the first team in the league is marked as champion in the ranking). Is there a way to force these competitions to end at some point before the next season?

I dont have B teams in Serbia so i never tried to solve this because i dont have that specific problem.

Only thing that i can think of is this:

Screenshot_421.thumb.png.78ab6ee5a7acfe20079383ee7964019e.png

Maybe this option can force that "force relegation" rule to finish right after stage 0 is finished.

On 07/12/2021 at 13:36, krlenjushka said:

I dont have B teams in Serbia so i never tried to solve this because i dont have that specific problem.

Only thing that i can think of is this:

Screenshot_421.thumb.png.78ab6ee5a7acfe20079383ee7964019e.png

Maybe this option can force that "force relegation" rule to finish right after stage 0 is finished.

Thanks for the suggestion, sadly still no luck. I wonder, do you need to set 'other comps to add stage to' for the dynamic relegation? If a dynamic relegation in a league lower in the pyramid is dependent on another dynamic relegation, do you set the 'requirements' for that lower league's relegation zone stage to the decider of that competetion higher up? And lastely, is it correct to have the setup date set about 8 days after the season update day? 

I figured that I maybe made another mistake somewhere. Thanks for the help!

For the requirements I meant that the 'relegation zone'-stage of the dynamic relegation has a few stages that it has to wait for to start (stage 0 of that competition mostly and that of the competition above, to have the bottom teams in their final positions), is it always only the 'league' stage of the competition and the competition above that it has to wait for, or if there is also dynamic relegation set up in the level above it, does the dynamic relegation in the lower level have to wait for the dynamic relegation in that competition (the 'decider'-stage) to end instead? (that would mean adding that decider stage as a requirement, I think)

For the setup dates: right now the season update day in nation rules is the 30th of June and I put in a setup date for all competitions on the 7th of July, is that all right? Could not find clear instructions on how that works, but I figured this was logical.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to set up a complicated league system mirroring the Hungarian leagues, which works just like a treat with the approach - except for the reserve team force relegation issue. It seems the program handles this well in case a "normal" relegation is used, because in the third division, a 10th team is relegated on top of the 3 worst from each of three leagues. This team is the worst-performing 4th-last team across the divisions ("relegation playoff") - however, if a forced relegation happens in a league in the placements above then the game uses the 3rd-last team for this comparison of the "relegation playoff" teams from that particular division. (I guess the game already sets the force-relegated B team as "last" for relegation purposes, and "spares" the third-last. Now, thinking along the same lines two approaches come into mind:

1) omitting the always relegated teams from the 3rd stage of the dynamic relegation system - the question here is, can this stage "work" in case 0 teams are qualified for it (minimum amount of relegated teams)

2) setting "no fate" for normally relegated teams in the dynamic relegation system instead of adding additional relegation spots (so instead of setting "relegated" fate for dynamic relegated teams) - for the above example, you relegate 6 teams by default but spare as many as needed to make up league numbers.

(3) maybe freeing up extra promotion slots from the league below after the upper league has been finished, but no idea how this could be implemented)

Megye I munkafájl 3.fmf

Edited by scythian12

• 3 months later...

This is kind of off-topic but enough on-topic that I'll ask it.

I edited the Spanish 1st and 2nd divisions to where the last two teams are relegated straight down (and the first two are promoted straight up). The next two (third and fourth from the top of D2, third and fourth from the bottom of D1) go into a group where everyone plays everyone else once. Everything was working, all the "promoted" and "relegated" coloring in the group was fine, the games were being played. Then the season ended and no teams from the playoff were promoted or relegated. What (most likely) could be the cause of this?

Edit: to clarify, the P/R playoff was set up as a stage of La Liga Santander.

Edited by woow123

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Am 11.4.2017 um 09:17 schrieb krlenjushka:

with this settings relegation in regional division is like in real life. if more teams are relegated from higher division to one specific regional division, then more teams will be relegated from it to keep fixed number of teams. Here is text from my first post:

Problem is happening when relegated teams from division #1 are not equally relegated to their regional divisions. Ideal combination is when we have 1 relegated team from every region and game relegate them to right division. 

When that number is not equall we have problem.

For example:

- 2 relegated teams are from north

- 1 relegated team is from east

- 1 relegated team isfrom west

- 0 relegated teams are from south.

In this case (or similar cases) game will move 1 team from north to south regional league just to fill the gap and to get exact number of teams for that division.

In real life this is solved in different way. 

For example- let use north regional division with relegated teams in example from above.

We have 16 teams in league.

1 promoted.

3 relegated-3 promoted from lower divisions

2 relegated from division #1.

Total number of teams is 17 now.

It means one more team need to be relegated for every relegated team from division #1.

-If 1 team is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 3

-If 2 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 4

-If 3 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 5

-If 4 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 6

nowever we can have this situation also:

-If 0 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 2

This means only 2 teams are relegated 100%.  4 teams above these 2 can be relegated and they are in like we like to say "relegation zone".

Hello I have the same Problem.

From Germans 3.League Relegated 4 Teams to Regional Leagues 

The Problem is that Regional League have 5 Sub Division from Regional League West and Regional League Southwest promoted each 1 team from Regional League Bavarian, Regional League North and Regional League Northeast plays 2 of 3 Regional Leagues in a Promotion Playoff 1of 3 Regional Leagues have in 1 year a direct Promotion Place the interval is 3 the base year is different.

So I tried for Regional league Northeast Number of Teams 18 

But some times became I a error that number of teams is .. contains not with 18 Teams

For Example look this picture

972897015_Bildschirmfoto2022-12-21um17_51_16.png.9155d74f7d2c6bf8cc320a4a858a83f9.png

The problem is if more as 1 team relegated from German 3.League to Regional League Northeast and 0 Teams Promoted to 3.League does not contain with Number of Teams 18 

When you have promotion playoff between 2 or more divisions - you need to use some different system. This system first checks if team from that specific competition is promoted (for this dynamic relegation system needs to wait for promotion playoff to ends) and adapts relegation zone places - if you have promoted team you will reduce relegation zone teams by 1. With this you will ensure right number of teams will "leave" this level (Promotions plus relegations).   I wanted to add this scenario to my tutorial but i lost my motivation for FM so i dont do anything related to it. 

Anyway its easier to change this to straight promotion spot. You will have 5 promotions and 5 relegations and you will save yourself from numerous problems. I know its not 100% accurate in this case but i did that for my system because for me its more important to have all teams in their regions and to avoid possible issues. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/12/2016 at 02:04, krlenjushka said:

I decided to share my knowlege about this. Its one of the oldest problems on FM. This problem driving me crazy for many years and i finally found solution.

Some basic knowlege about advanced editor is needed here so dont waste your time if you dont know basics.

Dont waste your and my time if you dont know how to set simple promotion/relegation settings, promotion playoffs or similar things.

Let me  first introduce you to the problem for people who doesnt know.

Imagine top division (we will call this division #1) with 18 teams. 4 teams from this division are relegated to second division (division #2). Division #2 is divisions with 4 regional divisions (north, east, west ,south)-16 teams each.

In every regional league of division #2 we have 1 promoted team and thats ok - 4 relegated and 4 promoted. In every regional league of division #2 we have 3 relegated teams to their regional lower divisions. 

Eveyrthing seems ok so far because number of relegated and promoted teams is ok and we will get validation in editor.

Problem is happening when relegated teams from division #1 are not equally relegated to their regional divisions. Ideal combination is when we have 1 relegated team from every region and game relegate them to right division. 

When that number is not equall we have problem.

For example:

- 2 relegated teams are from north

- 1 relegated team is from east

- 1 relegated team isfrom west

- 0 relegated teams are from south.

In this case (or similar cases) game will move 1 team from north to south regional league just to fill the gap and to get exact number of teams for that division.

In real life this is solved in different way. 

For example- let use north regional division with relegated teams in example from above.

We have 16 teams in league.

1 promoted.

3 relegated-3 promoted from lower divisions

2 relegated from division #1.

Total number of teams is 17 now.

It means one more team need to be relegated for every relegated team from division #1.

-If 1 team is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 3

-If 2 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 4

-If 3 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 5

-If 4 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 6

nowever we can have this situation also:

-If 0 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 2

This means only 2 teams are relegated 100%.  4 teams above these 2 can be relegated and they are in like we like to say "relegation zone".

Now i come to the solution.

I made some hidden stages in my file to determine what teams are relegated based on number of relegated teams from higher division.

One of these stages is called "relegation zone" and this stage name can be seen in stage rules page (teams on positions 11-14 are qualified for that stage) just like when we qualify teams for relegation playoff.

I will try to explain every step and i will use screenshots to make easier for you to understand this.

First we need to make some changes to database. We need to make 4 (in this case is 4) secondary divisions (just add empty competition, set nation and make it extinct).

We will call them north secondary, east secondary, west secondary and south secondary. Now we will add teams to this secondary division but in section "teams (secondary division).

For all teams from north we will set "north secondary" as secondary divsion. For east = east secondary and so on. You understand this part.

slika0.png.eb3b00a2ee21a3ccd341c2180d84f655.png

We will not add secondary divisions as competitions in system-they are here only to help with sorting teams regionaly.

Now we can make system.

Stage 0

Its regular league stage with just some adjustments to relegation settings

slika1.thumb.png.77ea72dcae7f67b3ad92f4f68c84dab1.png

As you can see number of relegated teams 2. Min 2 max 6.

4 teams are qualified for relegation zone - its stage 1

slika2.thumb.png.9fdb5e3f3109e0ad2b119bba1427a4a4.png

Stage 1 - Relegation zone

Its league stage with 4-8 teams. 

slika3.thumb.png.21af3e8372a29cc654b5f6d4f9c5f10b.png

We will set requirements like this.

-stage 0 of this competion - because we need to use teams from 11 to 14.

- stage 0 of division #1 - because we need to use relegated teams from this competition

slika4.thumb.png.78ae1073316d33e0e73c203b0ce5da82.png

Under "teams" section we will make main settings.

Using our secondary divsions and "ignore teams" option we will exclude all teams from south, west and east (because we set this for North regional division #2) 

slika5.thumb.png.54311d4c9d5172e4416371537aa8c293.png

After we exlude teams from unwanted regions we will add relegated teams from division #1 but game will add only teams from North (if there is any) because we exluded all other regions.

We will give these teams seeding 4.  (will explain this when i get to league sorting rules)

slika7.thumb.png.080fa1ffa82c8ae4e6c7ea55d89061b7.png

Now we will add teams from our league stage 0- teams qualified to relegation zone and we will use this order:

Seedings go from 3 to 0.

slika8.thumb.png.9ba495b361640faddf1cffb942d7d4a7.png

League stage settings will be like this:

as you can see we will use "team seeding" as sorting rule.

slika9.thumb.png.93d11eca914c57fb0c2748a03469d197.png

With this setting our league table will look like this:

1. relegated team from division #1

2. relegated team from division #1 (we have 2 because 2 teams from North are relegated in our example-remember? )

3. team from position 11

4. team from position 12

5. team from position 13

6.  team from position 14

We will add 4 teams to "top playoff" called "decider".

slika91.thumb.png.c2026d919497905a515bf416a2577b03.png

and we will set league fate for that 4 "top playoff" teams. 

slika92.thumb.png.64b7631a02849fe35a990678aa283647.png

This way top 4 teams will get "no fate" fate in stage 0 and in our case this means:

1. relegated team from division #1  nothing happens because fate is only for stage 0 of this competition

2. relegated team from division #1 nothing happens because fate is only for stage 0 of this competition

3. team from position 11  team is safe from relegation

4. team from position 12  team is safe from relegation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    this is imaginary relegation line

5. team from position 13

6.  team from position 14

Now we will add stage 2.

Stage 2 - Decider

Stage 2 is league stage with 2-6 teams.

slika93.thumb.png.87389cb8eadb60b6c162c1b96c3fc582.png

Requirements:

slika94.thumb.png.28af82eaa697d99e15a9198e5a11afed.png

Teams section:

-teams from position 15 and 16 - those teams are already relegated but we need them to fill number of teams in stage.

slika95.thumb.png.e6868fb7066750901f16daa37bea17d8.png

-qualified teams from stage 1 but we excluded those teams with "ignore teams" option because we dont need them. Those teams are already secure from relegation.

slika96.thumb.png.8063c0c9e2dcb6c30e3ffa0dc9cc9954.png

-all stage teams - but without first 4 because we excluded them in previous line

slika97.thumb.png.1d6c81f16244ef510c9e620aad8e581c.png

This way we will get only teams bellow our imaginary relegation line.

League settings:

slika98.thumb.png.9650181107ce5f8fe5c13ff31c714a8e.png

we will qualify top 6 teams (max number of teams) to top playoff (without stage set)

slika99.thumb.png.86588b9b16f9a3f0c917ed8eee589edd.png

we will set fate actions for "top playoff" teams

slika991.thumb.png.f9c3609a7edefbe0a0afc4c2229afa22.png

this way we will set "relegated" fate for teams on position 13 and 14 (teams bellow our relegation line).

Mission complete!!!

This are settings for league with basic relegation and promotion system. We can have promotion/relegation playoffs and this need more complicated system. 

I will explain this in next update.

Hope you understand everything - sorry for possible mistakes- english is not my first language and this will be difficult to explain even on my native serbian language.

Cheers :thup:

THIS WORKS ONLY WHEN LEAGUES ARE ACTIVE AND LOADED IN GAME

Hi. Thanks for this post. Lot of things are a lot clearer. I wanted to ask you something on the base of that.. 

I am recreating palestinian system. 

2 top division (Gaza strip league and West bank premier)  each has 2 relegation and they are not dynamic. Relegated teams from Gaza strip league go to Gaza div 1 and West bank prem relegated teams go to West bank div 1.

2 First division (Gaza div 1 and West bank div 1) as above promoted teams go straight to their own division.. Gaza/Gaza and West/West.

So the system stay always on 2 up 2 down for both. No bottom playoff required. 

I am not unlocking further down because i Like realism and don t have much info. 

To put the two top and the two first div on same level i put them under parent Comp. Now, doing this, the game needs to know this rule about not mixing them.. 

Do i need to make two secondary division? 

For example a Gaza secondary div and set for all teams from Gaza leagues (premier, 1 div, 2 div) secondary div as this division and same for West bank? 

And then in database on the teams section in both levels i put the ignore teams from the other division?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! First of all thanks for the amazing post, it helped me understand a ton more about strategies to do things in the editor.

So much so that I managed to create a system similar to the one you propose here, where I use league fate's to fix the b-team problem. I've put this system to test in a Portuguese full pyramid file I've done myself. The system itself is working just fine, the number of teams relegated from the divisions is correct. However, there's a small problem, during testing either in the editor or in the game, in some of the regional divisions the game automatically promotes extra teams from the 2nd and 3rd regional divisions to account for the extra number of teams that were relegated. I've tried to mess with the "extra promotions" but to no avail.

The Portuguese regional leagues works like this:

image.png.8da4cd71199465d9a3b38466fb779193.png

A team from a certain district only plays in the divisions of that same district. Different districts have different number of divisions, in Porto, for example there are 4 regional divisions (lvl5-8), while in Vila Real there's only one single division (lvl5).

During testing I've figured that there are 5 districts where the game just promotes extra teams from the lower divisions to make up for the extra teams being relegated. This happens in Azores (on the second season an extra team is promoted from Angra do Heroísmo, leaving the division with 11 teams instead of 10 that the league is actually set up for), Braga (3 extra promotions happen, leading to 3 extra teams), Évora (1 extra promotion, leading to 1 extra team), Lisbon (same as Évora) and Porto (same as Braga). I can't figure out why this is happening. This is strange because on every other district everything is working as intended.

Any thoughts on this?

I'll leave the file attached so everyone can take a look at the dynamic relegation system (stages hidd1 and hidd2 in most districts first regional division) and the problem I'm facing (I can explain the system here when I get some free time). Thanks!

PS: Forgot to warn, but it's a pretty big file. Also the lower division from each district where there are B-teams have 0 relegation spots for an "Equipa B - District name" competition, that is extinct and serves the purpose of making the B-teams inactive if the A-team falls to the lowest possible division.

Portugal045.fmf

Edited by s-

On 02/02/2023 at 20:07, s- said:

Hi! First of all thanks for the amazing post, it helped me understand a ton more about strategies to do things in the editor.

So much so that I managed to create a system similar to the one you propose here, where I use league fate's to fix the b-team problem. I've put this system to test in a Portuguese full pyramid file I've done myself. The system itself is working just fine, the number of teams relegated from the divisions is correct. However, there's a small problem, during testing either in the editor or in the game, in some of the regional divisions the game automatically promotes extra teams from the 2nd and 3rd regional divisions to account for the extra number of teams that were relegated. I've tried to mess with the "extra promotions" but to no avail.

The Portuguese regional leagues works like this:

image.png.8da4cd71199465d9a3b38466fb779193.png

A team from a certain district only plays in the divisions of that same district. Different districts have different number of divisions, in Porto, for example there are 4 regional divisions (lvl5-8), while in Vila Real there's only one single division (lvl5).

During testing I've figured that there are 5 districts where the game just promotes extra teams from the lower divisions to make up for the extra teams being relegated. This happens in Azores (on the second season an extra team is promoted from Angra do Heroísmo, leaving the division with 11 teams instead of 10 that the league is actually set up for), Braga (3 extra promotions happen, leading to 3 extra teams), Évora (1 extra promotion, leading to 1 extra team), Lisbon (same as Évora) and Porto (same as Braga). I can't figure out why this is happening. This is strange because on every other district everything is working as intended.

Any thoughts on this?

I'll leave the file attached so everyone can take a look at the dynamic relegation system (stages hidd1 and hidd2 in most districts first regional division) and the problem I'm facing (I can explain the system here when I get some free time). Thanks!

PS: Forgot to warn, but it's a pretty big file. Also the lower division from each district where there are B-teams have 0 relegation spots for an "Equipa B - District name" competition, that is extinct and serves the purpose of making the B-teams inactive if the A-team falls to the lowest possible division.

Portugal045.fmf 206.87 kB · 1 download

Answer is simple - you cant have working system because you dont have all division levels in every region. Problem is this - FM is "stupid" and game auto promote "missing team". I wrote about this problem to some guys from SI but as always they are not interested to help. They should add some option to turn this on and off - with turned off settings - game should "listen" only settings we made. Also there is forced relegation rule for b teams - also hardcoded and also making huge problems for files with this system and with b teams. 

I changed lower levels of my serbian file so now i have 6 levels in all regions - i joined some small regions to nearby regions and now i have enough teams to make fictional level 6 - its not ideal but its only way to sort this problem. 

• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2023 at 01:30, krlenjushka said:

Answer is simple - you cant have working system because you dont have all division levels in every region. Problem is this - FM is "stupid" and game auto promote "missing team". I wrote about this problem to some guys from SI but as always they are not interested to help. They should add some option to turn this on and off - with turned off settings - game should "listen" only settings we made. Also there is forced relegation rule for b teams - also hardcoded and also making huge problems for files with this system and with b teams. 

I changed lower levels of my serbian file so now i have 6 levels in all regions - i joined some small regions to nearby regions and now i have enough teams to make fictional level 6 - its not ideal but its only way to sort this problem. 

Firstly, thanks for this thread. This solves an issue I was having a few years ago, going to have a try at remaking that db now I've seen this. I just wanted to clarify something about your post above while I'm still planning the league pyramid and haven't started making the db.

I was thinking of having a joint league system and then below that the current pyramids of England (starting at National League or National League N/S - ideally N/S so I have 4 leagues at that level but can do NL if I need to have 1 league per region), Scotland and Wales (both starting at top league). Each nation's pyramid obviously splits off in different ways, has a different number of levels and different numbers of leagues at each level. Everything below the level of the split would have normal promotion/relegation as happens currently.

Would this mean every country would need to have the same number of levels below my split, the same number of leagues only at the level below the split or the same number of leagues at each level below?

20 hours ago, Alastairhufc said:

Firstly, thanks for this thread. This solves an issue I was having a few years ago, going to have a try at remaking that db now I've seen this. I just wanted to clarify something about your post above while I'm still planning the league pyramid and haven't started making the db.

I was thinking of having a joint league system and then below that the current pyramids of England (starting at National League or National League N/S - ideally N/S so I have 4 leagues at that level but can do NL if I need to have 1 league per region), Scotland and Wales (both starting at top league). Each nation's pyramid obviously splits off in different ways, has a different number of levels and different numbers of leagues at each level. Everything below the level of the split would have normal promotion/relegation as happens currently.

Would this mean every country would need to have the same number of levels below my split, the same number of leagues only at the level below the split or the same number of leagues at each level below?

You will create 3 separate league systems?

On 07/03/2023 at 11:22, krlenjushka said:

You will create 3 separate league systems?

The plan is for one combined England/Scotland/Wales league system but with regional leagues for each nation below it (multiple for England given the fact it has more teams than the other two nations). It's the relegation when I get into the regional stage I'm unsure about.

Haven't decided yet if I'll do this in England or use the UK nation that's inactive in the game.

I'll sort each country having their own teams qualifying for UEFA competitions through hidden competitions to produce a ranking of clubs in each nation

20 minutes ago, Alastairhufc said:

The plan is for one combined England/Scotland/Wales league system but with regional leagues for each nation below it (multiple for England given the fact it has more teams than the other two nations). It's the relegation when I get into the regional stage I'm unsure about.

Haven't decided yet if I'll do this in England or use the UK nation that's inactive in the game.

I'll sort each country having their own teams qualifying for UEFA competitions through hidden competitions to produce a ranking of clubs in each nation

If you set this you should manage this as 1 nation because its one league system. 

• 8 months later...

Hey @krlenjushka,
I searching for help and maybe this is not an advance editor related question (I don't know) but still...
I want to make a lower level 3 division(D3) in Ukraine playable with editing rules to a more realistic ones for related country, but I have a situation where level 2 (D2) division will have 20 teams at the start of the game (23/24 years season) while at the end of this season 3 teams should be relegated to the D3 division and 2 teams will be sent to the relegation play-offs. Meanwhile, D3 division (which i made playable) will have from the very first season a first place team to be promoted to the upper division while 2nd, 3rd places into those promotion play-offs with D2 teams.
The problem is that the D2 division should lower a number of teams in the division for the second season of the game (24/25) to 18 teams and change their relegation rule from 3 + 2 to 1 + 2 (where 1 will be relegation straight and 2 teams will go to the playoffs).
I have no problem with making the league playable and changing the rules in the way that D2 will not lower its teams number after the end of first season and everything will work just fine but i want to make it as more as i could realistic so I could also share this work with others who would start their new saves in Ukraine. And for that, i want to made this relegation/promotion with D2 teams decrease. I think I am close to make that but I am continue receiving the error that "D2 league could not found the rules for 18 teams" while I think they are there and they are set to apply starting from 2024 year.

If you think you could help me or some thread/discussion could, please reply. I could provide more info if you needed.

• 2 months later...

Hi @krlenjushka

I'm trying to use dynamic relegation to make sure that my leagues never get too small or too big for more than 2 seasons. They don't have to stay at the exact same number of teams each year.

What I want to create is if a league consists of less than 14 teams, relegation will be stopped for the following season. So the league will have 13 or 12 or 11 or whatever teams for 1 season and then, because relegation is stopped and promotion is continued from the lower league, the league will be filled with more teams.
On the other hand, if a league consists of more than 24 teams, I want to relegate more teams than in a normal situation. Because promotion will stay the same from the lower league, the league will have a 'normal' amount of teams after 1 season.

Is it possible to do that?

I tried to create 3 versions of 1 league in the editor (one that would only be used when the league was filled with 2-13 teams, one that needed 14-24 teams and one that needed 25-30 teams) and changed relegation rules for each version.
The editor gives me an error; it says there are 13 teams found and I need a minimum of 14. But I created a version that would accept 13 teams. I guess it doesn't work that way?

Can you help me out?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having an issue with some leagues on my custom database and I was directed here. Basically, I have activated U-Sports in Canada which plays across one level on the pyramid. However, after the first or second season, teams switch divisions and sometimes switch to a totally different competition. 

For example, I can have a university in Ontario, playing in the Ontario U-Sports league for 2 seasons, but in the third season, they will switch leagues for no apparent reason. I have even seen teams moving to, again for example, the MMSL which isn't even part of U-Sports. 

I should also add that there is no promotion or relegation in U-Sports and there wasn't any in the divisions outside of the U-Sports leagues that the teams moved to, so I don't know if anyone in here can help me. 

Regional boundaries were also set and I had also ticked "do not reorganise teams" in the editor (FM23). I am unsure what to do this year as the options are slightly different. 

• 2 months later...

Is there any way to do this but instead of doing it with local regions, do it with cities?

I'm doing municipal leagues and I really need it

edit: I'm creating rules for Brazil, so I can't use the secondary division function as it is already being used

Edited by civilEN