• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Reserved for updates...

This is a great guide m8:thup:

thanks for this. 

I would like to ask you something about drawing the certain teams between eachother. Do u think i can direct certain teams to draw eachother? 

i have 144 teams from 81 different cities in the relegation playoff. What i want is to draw same cities teams to eachother!

I think the problem here is that not every city has enough teams to match eachother. For example, some cities has 1 team while others has 2 or 3. So i would like to have at least those teams to match eachother which are enough to match eachother. Do u think is it possible? I tried to set "maximum distance between teams" and "set same local regions teams together" option but it looks like they are not the solution to my problem...

maybe if i would of make a drawing pool for certain teams from same city or region...?

Edited by mentese

25 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

why dont you make several stages and qualify teams from some region to convenient stage. for example- teams from north to stage 0, teams from east to stage 1 and so on.

I tought about it and gave a try but this gave me an "season do not finish before season update..." error...!

On 16.12.2016 at 22:29, krlenjushka said:

why dont you make several stages and qualify teams from some region to convenient stage. for example- teams from north to stage 0, teams from east to stage 1 and so on.

I excatcly did what you recommend me m8. In Turkish Regional Amateur League, there are 12 stages (to geographicly draw teams) in parent comp for the relegation playoff. Everything looks ok and teams drawing as i was planning to be drawn. Also in game all the matches are played correctly but next season never starts. 

I am also keep having the ''season not finished'' error in the editor...

I also changed the ending date for every divisions.

Here i sent you the data. Could you please tell me what is causing this issue?

deneme_C7DFD075-11A4-4503-BDCB-0E4F495E012A.fmf

Edited by mentese

17 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Check your game and editor version first. This was issue before update.

Ok. I resolved my all problems thx to your advices.

Let me tell you what errors i had and how i resolved them.

For the ''season do not finish..'' error, i just changed the fixture dates to the earlier dates. After that it gave me same error again and then i relise that i was using same fixture dates for the divisions which are having relegation playoff so i did gave another fixture dates to the upper division so this resolved the issue.

After that i start having ''could not get stage settings...'' error and what i did to resolve it is to untick ''valid year'' option for those divisions with issue. 

Only issue i am having is with the leagues with groups which is not able to pick in the beggining of the game. I know you directed me with hidden stages in this topic

and in fact it resolved my issue. But somehow what i faced with this hidden stage option is that some divisions fixtures are never starting for the next year. So i steped back with this issue for later on. So never mind with this for now.

What i am realy interested (in fact shocked :P) is how you organise relegetion playoff teams with their regional districts. I was realy curious if this could be possible make ever. But what i see above is that you manage to make it her :D Can you please direct me about my data which is having regional relegation as well?

What i want to do is that there is a regional group called ''BAL'' and there are 14 teams from different citties (which are in a close distance to eachother). Top team goes to promotion playoff and Bottom 2 teams are relegated. 6 teams starting from relegated bottom goes to relegation playyoff with 10 teams from lower division. so here is the tricky think... I want to set the teams who is interfareing in the playoff.

Let me be more specific pls.

1. team (let say from erzincan) (promotion playoff)                    erzincan lower league team  promotes directly

2. team (let say from ordu)                                                              this team is safe from relegation playyoff cause has other ordu team below pos.         

3. team (let say from giresun)                                                          giresun lower league team plays with this team relegation playoff

4. team (let say from tokat)                                                              tokat lower league team plays with this team relegation playoff

5. team (let say from amasya)                                                          amasya lower league team plays with this team relegation playoff

6 team (let say from samsun)                                                           this team is safe from relegation playyoff cause has other samsun team below pos.

7. team (let say from çorum)                                                             çorum lower league team plays with this team relegation playoff

8. team (let say from kastamonu)                                                     kastamonu lower league team plays with this team relegation playoff

9. team (let say from sinop)                                                               sinop lower league team plays with this team relegation playoff

10. team (let say from karabük)                                                        Karabük lower league team plays with this team relegation playoff

11. team (let say from ordu)                                                              ordu lower league team plays with this team relegation playoff

12. team (let say from samsun)                                                         this team is safe from relegation playyoff cause has other samsun team below pos.

...............................................................................................................

13. team (let say from samsun)                                                          Samsun lower league team promotes directly cause this team relegates

14. team (let say from giresun)                                                           giresun lower league team promotes directly cause this team relegates

Edited by mentese

Im not sure i understand this- you want to set regional promotion playoff with teams from some city/region?

Is this stage league with fixtures or just some hidden stage for clasification?

Also in this stage you want to qualify team from some city to relegation playoff but only if there is no other team from same city in some lower position?

How many cities you have?

i need all information so i can resolve this

4 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Im not sure i understand this- you want to set regional promotion playoff with teams from some city/region?

Is this stage league with fixtures or just some hidden stage for clasification?

Also in this stage you want to qualify team from some city to relegation playoff but only if there is no other team from same city in some lower position?

How many cities you have?

i need all information so i can resolve this

This is a cup game. In the upper league every city has limited number of teams. Lets say CITY A has a 1 team limit. If that team directly promote or relegate from that division, than same cities champion direcly promote  from lower division. If the team doesnt promote or relegate than they play playoff game with a lower league team from same division.

So i believe that i can do this with your dynamic relegation way...

I still dont get this. Is there some proposition file online? Maybe i can see that somewhere. I guess english is problem here-its not our first language :D

I'm agree with you m8 :lol:

Ok. Let me be more specific.

We have a regional division with 14 teams from several cities (all in same region). In this division CITY A can have maximum of 3 teams. No matter what scenario, we need to put 3 teams to this division every year. 

Offcourse we can have several different scenarios for this case.

For example; 

if none of those teams promotes or relegates and stays in the middle, then bottom team from those 3 teams need to play a playoff with a team coming from the lower league of that city.

if 1 team promote and 1 team relegate from CITY A then we need to take 2 promoted team from the lower league of that city to fill that 3 teams of limit.  

I know it's crazy but this is the real statue for Turkish Regional League :D

7 hours ago, mentese said:

I'm agree with you m8 :lol:

Ok. Let me be more specific.

We have a regional division with 14 teams from several cities (all in same region). In this division CITY A can have maximum of 3 teams. No matter what scenario, we need to put 3 teams to this division every year. 

Offcourse we can have several different scenarios for this case.

For example; 

if none of those teams promotes or relegates and stays in the middle, then bottom team from those 3 teams need to play a playoff with a team coming from the lower league of that city.

if 1 team promote and 1 team relegate from CITY A then we need to take 2 promoted team from the lower league of that city to fill that 3 teams of limit.  

I know it's crazy but this is the real statue for Turkish Regional League :D

How many cities you have in that division? How many regional leagues you have in level bellow this league?

9 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

How many cities you have in that division? How many regional leagues you have in level bellow this league?

I have 12 regional divisions in the upper league and 96 local divisions (every city has it's own division) in the lower league.

You can see my league structure in attachment.

Turkish Super Patch 17 By Affluence v-5.fmf

Edited by mentese

7 hours ago, mentese said:

I have 12 regional divisions in the upper league and 96 local divisions (every city has it's own division) in the lower league.

You can see my league structure in attachment.

Turkish Super Patch 17 By Affluence v-5.fmf

so every regional division have 8 local divisions/cities?  12x8 = 96

is that number equal for all regional divisions?

i will take a look at your file later

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

so every regional division have 8 local divisions/cities?  12x8 = 96

is that number equal for all regional divisions?

i will take a look at your file later

Not every regional division have equal cities. Some has 11 cities, some has 10, some has 8 and some has 6. 

So as you can see in the file, i manage to make regional relegation playoffs. I have succeeded to direct every cities champions to their own region for playyoff. So there is no problem picking the teams from lower league. what i couldn't manage is how to pick same cities teams from upper division! So i want to make relegation playoffs with single cities teams.

thx for help.

• 3 months later...
On 16.12.2016 at 03:04, krlenjushka said:

First we need to make some changes to database. We need to make 4 (in this case is 4) secondary divisions (just add empty competition, set nation and make it extinct).

We will call them north secondary, east secondary, west secondary and south secondary. Now we will add teams to this secondary division but in section "teams (secondary division).

For all teams from north we will set "north secondary" as secondary divsion. For east = east secondary and so on. You understand this part.

Hi,

I used your whole method (which is great btw), step by step, basically 1:1 (only my groups have 18 teams), but for some reason it didn't work fully in my case - clubs are still changing their groups.

This problem is occuring, because number of teams promoted from secondary divisions is not equal. No matter what, every group should have 3 promoted from lower division clubs every season, right? But this isn't happening. For example:

- first group gets 2 promoted clubs

- second group gets 1 promoted club

- third group gets 5 promoted clubs

- fourth group gets 4 promoted clubs

It's completely random every season. Promoted clubs (and relegated from higher division as well) are from correct secondary divisions though.

But because of that other clubs are moved from group to the group, ignoring their secondary divisions, so whole groups could be 18-teams equal.

What's even more concerning, sometimes one club starts playing in two groups at the same time. 

Do you have any idea why this is happening? Maybe I overlooked something?

Edited by Ceyvol

try to set one group for each lower division- for example

first group lower division

second group lower division

etc  -you will have 4 lower divisions intead of one and these divisions will not be playable

now you can set exact number of promoted teams for each group.

set that leagues without any fixtures-4-40 teams. random selection or select by reputation. game will promote exact number of teams to each group.

of course you need to set regional divisions for each clubs

edit: i see you quoted my text - this text is related to secondary divisions. its not related to this. secondary divisions are here just to use "ignore teams" option when you select relegated teams from higher division.

hope you understand

try to set one group for each lower division- for example

first group lower division

second group lower division

etc  -you will have 4 lower divisions intead of one and these divisions will not be playable

now you can set exact number of promoted teams for each group.

I already tried that and no matter what setup I use, as long as those divisions are not playable, all 12 clubs are promoted from first group lower division.

Number of promoted teams for each group is completely ignored as well. Most of the 12 goes to Group 1.

Edited by Ceyvol

same problem as i have in my serbian lower league system.

new option (hard regional settings) are caused this - im sure.

i will try something and let you know but small system like yours should be ok and i think i can fix it

you have errors in regional divisions-some clubs have old data for 3rd level and this should be deleted.

I fixed all errors that i can see right now. Here is file with added fourth league (league without fixtures-promoted teams will be chosen randomly).

Also i will give you save game so you can check promotions and relegations. regional divisions are correct also.

http://www.megafileupload.com/2Mc6w/Poland.fm

poland_BB81FB98-67D8-4120-8D82-A64B7A282341.fmf

Thank you for all of your help. Promotions are working fine now. The fact that fourth league must be visible is a bit annoying, but of course we can't do anything about it. Thanks for help with clarifying that as well. Hope SI will improve it next year.

On 29.03.2017 at 01:58, krlenjushka said:

you have errors in regional divisions-some clubs have old data for 3rd level and this should be deleted.

That's weird, I was sure I deleted them... Maybe in another file I guess. Again, thanks for the effort. Tips from this topic and the other ones helped me a lot with the file improvements. KUTGW :applause:

On 2.04.2017 at 01:36, krlenjushka said:

i will try to test this with hidden 4th league and see behavior

I tried "inactive" and "extinct" options, also "divions levels" and "competitions", but no luck. I don't know if there's any other way to hide a part of a structure.

Relegations works fine in that case, only 4th league is visible and blank "inside" the save.

UshO0HA.png FfFDZM2.png

As I said, it's just an annoying detail (because it's not real structure of this division). I was looking for method to hide it without messing up relegations, but apparently there isn't one (or I don't know one).

• KUBI featured this topic

hi,

portuguese lower divisions are similar

but the problem is that not all the divisions change number of participants

each team go the regional league when they are relegated, but number of participants dont change, so some teams that already are on that league have to change from division

FMPT Portugal Completo v1_509DA6B5-C46C-45D2-8622-21CFFF12350C.fmf

this thread is about that problem. regional leagues have fixed number of teams each year but number of relegated teams from higher division is not equal every year and we have problem- with this settings you can fix that issue and have all teams in proper division each year.

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

this thread is about that problem. regional leagues have fixed number of teams each year but number of relegated teams from higher division is not equal every year and we have problem- with this settings you can fix that issue and have all teams in proper division each year.

my english is not great, so i think that i havent understand everything

youre relegating a team from that province instead of a worst team right?

but my problem is not the teams that are relegate to lower division, is that the lower division dont adapt to receive more teams

8 hours ago, TH3 K1LL3R said:

my english is not great, so i think that i havent understand everything

youre relegating a team from that province instead of a worst team right?

with this settings relegation in regional division is like in real life. if more teams are relegated from higher division to one specific regional division, then more teams will be relegated from it to keep fixed number of teams. Here is text from my first post:

Problem is happening when relegated teams from division #1 are not equally relegated to their regional divisions. Ideal combination is when we have 1 relegated team from every region and game relegate them to right division. 

When that number is not equall we have problem.

For example:

- 2 relegated teams are from north

- 1 relegated team is from east

- 1 relegated team isfrom west

- 0 relegated teams are from south.

In this case (or similar cases) game will move 1 team from north to south regional league just to fill the gap and to get exact number of teams for that division.

In real life this is solved in different way. 

For example- let use north regional division with relegated teams in example from above.

We have 16 teams in league.

1 promoted.

3 relegated-3 promoted from lower divisions

2 relegated from division #1.

Total number of teams is 17 now.

It means one more team need to be relegated for every relegated team from division #1.

-If 1 team is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 3

-If 2 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 4

-If 3 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 5

-If 4 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 6

nowever we can have this situation also:

-If 0 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 2

This means only 2 teams are relegated 100%.  4 teams above these 2 can be relegated and they are in like we like to say "relegation zone".

i think i've understood your method, but this only works in a simple file

if you have multiple levels is harder, and the last level as to be able to get a theoric unlimited number of teams

the portuguese case, for example , there are 7 levels, but in this case only need to explain 3 level and 4 level

1 level and 2 level are simple relegation

3 level is 80 teams in 8 groups, with 20 relegations

4 level is 20 child competitions (one for each portuguese district) and the winner of each child competition is promoted

the treaky part are that relegations from 3 level to 4 level.

but my solution was to change the number of participants on every child on 4 level to adapt along the years (for example in lisbon 14 to 18 teams, in madeira 8 to 12 teams, etc)

the problem is that all child competition on 4 level remains with the exact number of participants from the first season (in lisbon 16 teams, in madeira 10 teams, etc), no matter how many clubs are relegate

I JUST REALISED THIS SYSTEM WORKS ONLY WHEN LEAGUES ARE ACTIVE SO BE CAREFULL.

If you have this settings in lower inactive level system will not work and teams/leagues will be in mess.

FM recognize only stage 0 and only "clear promotion/relegations" in inactive leagues and nothing can be done about that.

• KUBI pinned this topic

Hi, I opened a topic somehow related to this (https://community.sigames.com/topic/409159-regional-divisions/) but my question is a little bit different.

For example, I like to play with minor Italian divisions. In the Italian football pyramid the levels under the 3rd are geographical-based (under 4th are  regional-based), but the number of promoted and relegated teams is always constant (in 3rd and 4th level). Only from the 5th level that is regional-based, the relegated teams are adapted depending on the relegated teams from the upper level. So I can use the method described here for the 5th level in case, but not for the 3rd or 4th.

So far, I have used regional boundaries/divisions to set the teams in the proper group in 3rd and 4th level but after some season some northern teams go anyway in the south groups or viceversa. I was wondering if you have any idea if this issue is possible to handle somehow.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 16:13, massa88 said:

Hi, I opened a topic somehow related to this (https://community.sigames.com/topic/409159-regional-divisions/) but my question is a little bit different.

For example, I like to play with minor Italian divisions. In the Italian football pyramid the levels under the 3rd are geographical-based (under 4th are  regional-based), but the number of promoted and relegated teams is always constant (in 3rd and 4th level). Only from the 5th level that is regional-based, the relegated teams are adapted depending on the relegated teams from the upper level. So I can use the method described here for the 5th level in case, but not for the 3rd or 4th.

So far, I have used regional boundaries/divisions to set the teams in the proper group in 3rd and 4th level but after some season some northern teams go anyway in the south groups or viceversa. I was wondering if you have any idea if this issue is possible to handle somehow.

Thank you

sorry i just saw this message - you have answer in your thread

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, mentese said:

hi krlenjushka.

im waitin for your update. if you decide not to update can you just reupload the pics. cause they are disappeared.

Pictures are here. try to clear your browser cache or change browser.

On 11/28/2017 at 00:58, krlenjushka said:

Pictures are here. try to clear your browser cache or change browser.

yep its done now.

this year i am passionate to get your system to work for my Turkish lower league patch. somehow last year i couldnt manage.

can i ask u some questions;

div 3 is a parent competition and has child comps. here i want to make a relegation playout with the teams from div 4.

1-where excatcly i have to put the playout stage? to parent or to child comp?

2-in my case, i have many leagues in lower level so i will need to put something like 200 stages. so every league need to use at least 2 stages from 200. so stages 0 and 1 will be used for the league A, stages 2 and 3 for league B.. so on. is it possible?

3-is it possible to get the teams into playout without using "relegation playoff" and "promotion playoff"? i mean i just want to get the specific teams from league positions? reason for that is that i can't use the definite numbers of teams for league...

4-could u resolve the inactive teams problem?

thx in advance.

Edited by mentese

1. in child competition. for example div 3 south have 2 relegation playoff spots + teams qualified for playoff from 2 div 4 leagues.

2. i dont understand this. why should you put 200 stages? stages for my system are located in child competitions.

3. yeah you can use "get league stage teams" with top/bottom positions. what you want to do with this?

4. what about inactive teams?

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

1. in child competition. for example div 3 south have 2 relegation playoff spots + teams qualified for playoff from 2 div 4 leagues.

2. i dont understand this. why should you put 200 stages? stages for my system are located in child competitions.

3. yeah you can use "get league stage teams" with top/bottom positions. what you want to do with this?

4. what about inactive teams?

1.my system is not with regions but with cities.

2.i have 12 regional child divisions in the upper league. every regional divisions has teams from 8-10 different cities. and here every city has a limited number of teams.

in the lower division every city has their unique leagues and teams going up to regional divisions from here. so i believe that i need separate stages for every cities. that is why i need to make so many stages.

3. i dont have a fixed number of teams for the leagues. in the upper division, sometimes there are 12, sometimes 15 teams. this causes trouble when i try to get the 13th position team if there is only 12 teams. this is also trouble when i give seedings to teams from relegation zones. cause maybe 13th position team is not in the relegation zone.

4. i belive that in your system, it is difficult to get inactive teams so that is why u cant get this work if you dont get the leagues active in the game...

Edited by mentese

On 10/3/2017 at 17:13, massa88 said:

Thank you

this is because of minimum and maximum numbers of teams. if there is not enough teams in the division then next team is appointed to the division.

you better give more space for promoted and relegated teams...

Edited by mentese

2 hours ago, mentese said:

1.my system is not with regions but with cities.

2.i have 12 regional child divisions in the upper league. every regional divisions has teams from 8-10 different cities. and here every city has a limited number of teams.

in the lower division every city has their unique leagues and teams going up to regional divisions from here. so i believe that i need separate stages for every cities. that is why i need to make so many stages.

3. i dont have a fixed number of teams for the leagues. in the upper division, sometimes there are 12, sometimes 15 teams. this causes trouble when i try to get the 13th position team if there is only 12 teams. this is also trouble when i give seedings to teams from relegation zones. cause maybe 13th position team is not in the relegation zone.

4. i belive that in your system, it is difficult to get inactive teams so that is why u cant get this work if you dont get the leagues active in the game...

1. every system is with cities. Cities are here to determine where your stadium/club Iocated. If you use regional divisions settings then city is not important.

2.if you have so many cities/leagues in lower levels then you should create them as separate leagues.

3.why dont u use regular playoff qualification?

4. You cant have inactive league becayse game cant recognize system if its inactive. However you can add inactive bottom level with child competitions - same number of compwtitions as level above. For example- level 4 is last active level. Level 4 league 1 - you will create level 5 league 1 with fixed number of promoted clubs. Thia way you will separate lower league clubs in multiple leagues and you will keep teams in their region

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

1. every system is with cities. Cities are here to determine where your stadium/club Iocated. If you use regional divisions settings then city is not important.

2.if you have so many cities/leagues in lower levels then you should create them as separate leagues.

3.why dont u use regular playoff qualification?

4. You cant have inactive league becayse game cant recognize system if its inactive. However you can add inactive bottom level with child competitions - same number of compwtitions as level above. For example- level 4 is last active level. Level 4 league 1 - you will create level 5 league 1 with fixed number of promoted clubs. Thia way you will separate lower league clubs in multiple leagues and you will keep teams in their region

Looks like i started to get some results. But now i have to change the maximum numbers of stages that i can assign more than 30 of index numbers... i need a help about codding...

last year i was able to change maximum numbers of stages (thanks to your help again).

but now this doesn't work....

Any idea?

4 hours ago, mentese said:

Looks like i started to get some results. But now i have to change the maximum numbers of stages that i can assign more than 30 of index numbers... i need a help about codding...

last year i was able to change maximum numbers of stages (thanks to your help again).

but now this doesn't work....

Any idea?