Playing Style, Structure & a modern 4-1-4-1 (Very Fluid)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, arsenal3459 said:

hey mates, saw that this thread is still active.  been using this tactic in the new additions of FM.

if y'all are still interested I can make a new post showing how to translate this tactic into the new ME.

more than happy to do it, just let me know.

That would be grand. I am doing something similar (check the Bielsa thread) but would be good to see how others are getting on...

13 hours ago, arsenal3459 said:

hey mates, saw that this thread is still active.  been using this tactic in the new additions of FM.

if y'all are still interested I can make a new post showing how to translate this tactic into the new ME.

Yep, I would like to see your tactic aswell!

• 4 months later...
On 11/02/2020 at 00:37, arsenal3459 said:

I would be very interested to see this tactic in this engine. I've been trying this out

On 11/02/2020 at 00:37, arsenal3459 said:

I would be very interested to see this tactic in this engine. I've been trying this out

• 5 months later...

Putting these roles into the current engine (FM 21) results in a structured shape, but the ideas still work. Have been using these in my Dortmund save, currently in my third season. 

Some results are attached.

3.png

Edited by aritra14

1 hour ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Really limited team instructions. Interesting, was that a key part of the tactic from the beginning? 

Yeah I wanted to find out if the ideas would work. The in transition part of the tactic creator wasn't there before FM 19, and I don't know if this shape was meant to counter press, so I left it blank (trusting the players to choose the best possible outcome in game). The tactic worked, it was extremely solid defensively. There were a few question marks in attack, but I had Haaland up top, so that took care of that. After playing 50 matches with this tactic, I switched to another one, but I've attached a screenshot of the last one used, and some stats.

1.png

2.png