Playing Style, Structure & a modern 4-1-4-1 (Very Fluid)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I can see that you use a Complete Forward for your Striker role, and some are using a Deep Lying Forward. My questions is:

What traits do you try to develop with your Strikers to compliment the role?

I've looked on the forum and as yet I have been unable to find any mention of traits for specific roles.

3 hours ago, leejerwood said:

Hi All,

I can see that you use a Complete Forward for your Striker role, and some are using a Deep Lying Forward. My questions is:

I've looked on the forum and as yet I have been unable to find any mention of traits for specific roles.

Good question - player roles are an absolute can of worms. They're very open to interpretation.

My best advice is:

1. Focus on the Duty - do you want an Attack / Support / Defensive role.
  2. Look at what the role actually does in the Player Instructions screen.

For example, the only difference between the Deep-Lying Forward and the Complete Forward - both Support - is that the Complete Forward roams and dribbles. So it's hardly a major difference.

In this system, my striker is more of a connecting player as I have a lot of runners from midfield. In this case I look for teamwork, movement and intelligence as well as fitness to press when we don't have the ball.

4 hours ago, leejerwood said:

Hi All,

39 minutes ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Good question - player roles are an absolute can of worms. They're very open to interpretation.

My best advice is:

1. Focus on the Duty - do you want an Attack / Support / Defensive role.
  2. Look at what the role actually does in the Player Instructions screen.

For example, the only difference between the Deep-Lying Forward and the Complete Forward - both Support - is that the Complete Forward roams and dribbles. So it's hardly a major difference.

In this system, my striker is more of a connecting player as I have a lot of runners from midfield. In this case I look for teamwork, movement and intelligence as well as fitness to press when we don't have the ball.

. @Ö-zil to the Arsenal! nails the coin on its head by saying you should know what you want from your striker- i.e. do you want him to hold up the ball for on-runners, do you want him more fixed or more 'roaming', do you want him to move into channels so that he opens up space by dragging defenders out wide? IMHO, since player roles will behave differently according to the player's individual characteristics&PPm's the best way to see what works better for you is to try both roles in the same set up and observe the differences really closely. Some players are more inclined to dropping deep, others to 'run with the ball'. So see what the player's qualities are, how he interprets the role, as well as what you need from the role in your system, and then make an appropriate judgement :)

I think @Cleon had a thread about teaching your players PPM's according to what you need them to do, although that does involve understanding very well what you want your player to do in a specific system. So it all comes back to you one way or another: you have to know how you play :)

One thing is obvious, In a 4-4-1-1 with either one or two attacking wingers and multiple on-running players, you will need a player offering support upfront - whether that is the striker or the AM. How they do that is yet again, a matter of what's best for your team. For example, in my 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, my trequartista is offering support to the on-running BBM and AM by drifting out wide and freeing up space for him to advance in the box. By drifting out wide and closer to the touchline, the other runner that gets support from the trequartista is the CWB advancing high on the right. On the left I offer support through a striker that holds up the ball for the left wingback that will look to overlap him.

On 20/01/2017 at 12:43, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Hola, from Barcelona!

Been a bit quiet lately. Busy with work and lacking a bit of inspiration after my Ajax academy turned into attack of the clones due to the regen face issue and spoilt the realism somewhat.

Being in Barcelona, it proved impossible to avoid the temptation of a Barcelona save. It's been interesting to implement and adapt this playing style for an even more advanced group of players.

In this and previous threads I've come across quite a few questions about playing accommodating superstars into this style of play. Things like wide forwards, an attacking spear-head, multiple playmakers and this has even given me the opportunity to make progress with the much maligned half-back role.

That said, it's not the biggest challenge. I could probably stick a banana up front and win most games 3-0 :lol: I've also had a few feedbacks asking to move into different styles of play, or work with lower-quality sides and this would certainly be a further evolution and more advanced concepts of the same theme, rather than anything particularly new. With that in mind, I thought I'd put it out there to the community to see if this would be something people would be interested in hearing about?

I've put together a preview video of how I've got Messi performing in a more central role and - spoiler alert - it's not a False 9 ;)

Feedback on interest levels and suggestions etc very welcome.

Definitely interested to hear more about this. My guess would be he's playing as an AMC / Shadow Striker.

On 29 January 2017 at 21:55, Fosse said:

As an aside, what do you do for a job @Ö-zil to the Arsenal!? It seems pretty glamorous getting to work in South America for a while and now you're in Barcelona! 

If I told you that, I would have to kill you. Haha, no. Sadly it's more of a personal decision to travel a lot so I end up picking up different types of work depending on what's available wherever I am, sometimes it can be quite random. This is why sometimes, I have more spare time and others, almost none.

14 minutes ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

If I told you that, I would have to kill you. Haha, no. Sadly it's more of a personal decision to travel a lot so I end up picking up different types of work depending on what's available wherever I am, sometimes it can be quite random. This is why sometimes, I have more spare time and others, almost none.

Not in espionage but traveling a lot is still enviable :brock:

1 hour ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Wow, you can do a lot of different works depending on the country? You are a Box to Box midfielder in very fluid shape :D

Hey Ozil

I have used this tactic with great success in the Championship with Middlesbrough. I smashed all records in the Championship and got promoted and have still had pretty good success my only issue is that when I play any of the "top 6" I don't just lose, I get destroyed. I lost 5-1 to Tottenham and 5-2 to Liverpool who were 18th at the time and they just seem to pass the ball around my players like they aren't even there. I have small tweaks that I have tried like dropping the D-line and I don't seem to have an issue with the ball but when ever they have it is just an avalanche of players pouring forward and my guys doing the best they can to get out of the way. If any one has any ideas how to sure this up it would be appreciated as the football my team plays can be superb.

10 hours ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

@Azza2306 - I'd be interested to see your squad attributes - in the format I used in the opening post - and the comparison of your team's attributes attributes vs. the rest of the league.

Playing this style of football at a non-elite club is an interesting proposition.

So I have had a look and my teams mental attributes are extremely low and everything else is just below average. I have been trying to bring in players with higher work rate and team work but it was a weakness in the squad from the time I took over. I might have a look at your Wales tactic  

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 9.36.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 9.36.55 AM.png

Had a read through this.  Quite interesting.
In my own 433 system I have a lot of Player Instructions.  Going to try and implement some things from this in to that.  Sometimes But I did try and create the basic 4141 like this to see how i got on.  Lots more shots, but loads from distance, still.  My biggest bugbear of the game.   Not sure what I'd prefer.  Having 7 shots at home or 26 and only 8 that aren't long shots.

On 03/02/2017 at 13:06, Stu1892 said:

Having 7 shots at home or 26 and only 8 that aren't long shots.

Actually that's one of the few things I haven't been able to manage with this template or the 3-4-3 Diamond: billions of shots from long range, especially from the ST or the AMC, even with "Shoot Less Often", "Work Ball Into Box" or "Lower Tempo", or removing the instruction to be "More Expressive". The only way I've been able to mitigate (and just mitigate, not solve) that in the 3-4-3 Diamond was to turn the CM(S) into BBMs. CM(S), even with "Get Further Forward" and "Move Into Channels" don't seem to often have the guts to get inside the box and prefer to keep their position. I could also say that the frequent roaming from the supportive striker (CF, F9, whatever) and how the Wingers (Attack) stay wide doesn't seem to help to find someone inside the box. I had tried to give more options to the midfielders by using IFs and similar, but that wasn't as effective as using BBMs to me. Or perhaps my players are just terrible decisions makers despite what the team report says, who knows; although I don't think I should be relying on individual greatness to bail me out of these situations. I gotta keep experimenting with the roles and duties I suppose.

At least I don't feel the long shots are the issue by themselves: I feel the ability to unlock the last line of defence tactically (not relying on a player with 20 Flair) is more problematic. Getting inside the box and creating inside of it seems more of an issue than dominating the game.

Edited by BMNJohn

I have not ventured into this forum for a long time, but wanted to stop in here to credit this thread - It is brilliant writing, analysis and thought process as always @Ö-zil to the Arsenal!

I had been dabbling in something conceptually similar. I love the 4141 shape as it gives you such freedom on roles and duties of the middle 3 in particular. The defensive formation gives you solidarity, meaning you can be bold with your roles and duties and use a Regista with an attacking CM, and at least one very attacking wide player, or many other combinations. I think probably one pitfall people might fall into is also playing 2 very attacking fullbacks. Of course it can work, anything can but you need some balance. 

I also love the idea of moving around your most creative player (or role - 2 different approaches in some ways - more in a minute)  into the area of the pitch here he can find space more easily. If your creative force is a DLP and he is being marked out of the game by an AMC, what are you going to do? Well why not use a different creative force. Wide Playmaker can be very powerful in those situations, because, with the right player, it is harder to defend against. The area of the pitch where there is most often space are the flanks. Add in that many wingers are not likely to be the most studious at closing down and you can see why with the right player and focus, WP even as an occasional tactic can be really fun. 

The additional aspect i am quite interest in, and you allude to it a few times is how you can achieve some different outcomes through just swapping players, rather than roles. My current save is my annual Athletic club one, which is really interesting as it limits the talent pool available to you. It means getting a bit creative. I currently set up with a Regista / CM(d) / CM(a) setup for my middle 3, and i can change that around by swapping the Regista to a DM(d) and the CM(d) to an RPM on occasion. By default, i have Benat as a regista and Iturraspe as the CM(d). Two very different player types, including contrasting PPMs. Raul Garcia is the third member of the middle 3. 

What i also have been playing around with is just putting players into roles i might not normally. One of the "safer" options is my CM(a) role - Garcia is not a particularly fancy player, not a tricky dribbling or pacey type, but just more of a raw power type, combined with his PPMs means direct late runs into the box. Now, sometimes if he is not effective, I can swap him directly with Munian (without changing roles or duties). Iker, of course, is pretty much the opposite to Garcia. He is fast, nimble, all about dribbling and flair. The way he plays in the CM(a) role is totally different to how big Raul plays it. Without changing anything tactical, i can present the opposition with a different threat. 

Likewise the flipside of that change is how Raul would play the WM(a) role that Iker normally occupies - again very clear differences, more late angled runs into the box. 

I also apply a similar approach to my striker, although more through necessity than particular desire. The main 2 striking options i have are the ageless wonder that is Aduriz and the raw youth of Inaki Williams (who is woefully underated attribute wise in the game :mad:). Plug each into the same role / duty, and they will play it very differently. I can use that to my advantage at times. It can be an issue not having a direct back up for Aduriz, but Garcia can do that if i need to. Again, all about player types and how they compliment and vary a system. 

I have not yet been brave enough to play around with player types in the Regista / holding role, but i probably will at some point :) 

Cheers, @Jambo98. Bilbao have an interesting side. Just finished 3rd and won the Copa del Rey whilst I was at Barca and they caused me all kinds of trouble however collapsed in the Super Cup at the start of the second season after some very odd transfer decisions.

Glad you enjoyed the article. I enjoyed using this system.

For me, the match engine is one of the best in recent years and the opposition make a lot of effective, in-game changes which it is fun to react to.

Edited by Ö-zil to the Arsenal!

Yup I find that with this system, and with Bilbao in particular, I need to make quite a log of in-game changes to get the best out of what I have. At home, I can pretty much go with my approach, usually the creator as a Regista in the DM slot, the holder as a CM(d) and the runner as a CM(a).

Away from home, I find myself often having to react, tweak and work much harder to find the right balance in any given game.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 22:47, MrMourinho said:

Excellent read! You really have the ability to explain in simple terms while at the same time inspire your readers to have a go by themselves. 

I have a question for you: don't you get many throughballs over your defensive line when you play with such a high line? You have good defenders but they are not exceptionally fast defenders? Often when I try a system like yours I have problem with balls over the top because my pressing is not good enough, even playing as Chelsea with pretty fast defenders and good midfielders who press.

How do you make sure that doesn't happen too often?

Thanks!

I would personally just wait to see what happens in the game, if you get caught too high then drop the d-line a bit, if not then carry on sir.

wouldn't you say modern top level football is played on much more aggresive mentality than standard? except for few teams that try to dominate posession (control mentaility), all modern football is about extremly quick transitions (countering, finding gaps), fast tempo and outrunning the opposition. for exaple yesterday game between porto and juve two teams coming from leagues tratditionally assosiated with 'posessional' and 'defensive' football. both teams play very modern, fast transition, fast forward playing football, without having any concerns about keeping posession. standard mentality is very safe one, with plenty of timewasting aka posession type of football in FM ME.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, max787 said:

@Ö-zil to the Arsenal!

I'm curious as to what you do when the opposition is playing 2 strikers up top? I tend to struggle in particular against 352 variants and 4312, any tips for dealing with that? Also any tips for when the AI switches to a super direct 433 narrow at the end of matches?

With Ajax, I'd regularly use a back 3. The squad is so flexible it's easy to interchange.

The 4-4-2 diamond seems vulnerable against the 3-4-3 diamond as you get a numerical advantage in the centre whilst the weakness of the 3-4-3 diamond is defending the flanks whereas the 4-4-2 diamond doesn't attack it.

Against a flat 4-4-2 I'd do a flat 3-4-3 to defend the flanks properly.

37 minutes ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

With Ajax, I'd regularly use a back 3. The squad is so flexible it's easy to interchange.

The 4-4-2 diamond seems vulnerable against the 3-4-3 diamond as you get a numerical advantage in the centre whilst the weakness of the 3-4-3 diamond is defending the flanks whereas the 4-4-2 diamond doesn't attack it.

Against a flat 4-4-2 I'd do a flat 3-4-3 to defend the flanks properly.

Cheers Ozil

343 diamond as in your Cruyff diamond (3511)?

What are your thoughts on the roles for a flat 343? I was thinking of the following:

CDx---CDc---CDx

WMs---CMs---CMs---WMs

DLFs---AFa---DLFs

That midfield is as neutral as it gets, no PIs whatsoever on any player. Since I'm a pretty terrible tactician I was thinking that it's probably best to just leave it up to the players to make their own decisions.  

EDIT: with the usual high block TIs and standard/very fluid.

Edited by max787

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

Currently playing with Villarreal using the playing style provided in this thread as my main foundation, just some minor tweaks. Anyway, I just went up against legendary manager Marcelo Bielsa and his Sevilla at their home stadium. I knew he would try and close us down quite heavily, therefore I positioned new signing Hakim Ziyech in the pocket between the fullback & inside forward (just as above) as a wide playmaker & Rodri to keep track of Ganso.

58e40194e49ab_Skarmavbild2017-04-04kl_22_19_16.thumb.png.52dc8bd6f9f8288328e808b2249484cd.png

3-0 up in halftime and with just 30 minutes left Sevilla falls apart completely. They can't get hold of Ziyech who operates perfectly in the pocket, cutting in using his left foot. They try and close us down even more aggressive with a very high defensive line. Simply put, they are trying to choke us. Trigueros & Soriano solves every question they ask and distributes the ball to Ziyech and gives him the time and space he needs to pick out his teammates. Moussa Dembele scores a hatrick in the last quarter of the game and we break all the records when it comes to goals in a single game, both for the club and the divison. It was absolutely lovely to see. The most satisfying fixture in Football Manager for me, no doubt. Bielsa in Sevilla was, of course, history after this. 

58e402ac5982f_Skarmavbild2017-04-04kl_21_12_58.thumb.png.26f2b17d93ac6f7496cca616f5b60466.png58e403318124b_Skarmavbild2017-04-04kl_22_21_08.thumb.png.66a9f983a196eec769a856fe8e59775e.png

Just wanted to share this amazing fixture and thank you for all your threads in the forum @Ö-zil to the Arsenal!. Truly appreciated. I am having a really fun save at the moment, tweaking the tactic & building a squad to compete with the Spanish giants. All thanks to the tactic foundation you have provided. Thanks again!

Have been anonymously reading the whole of this series, but wanted to register so I could say thanks for it, and especially this tactic.

I always have the most trouble against elite teams playing 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 because they get in behind with their AM(L/R), but using this tactic is very effective at nullifying them. One thing I would say is that you have to keep the line very high and press more/much more, otherwise it isn't effective as your striker gets isolated.

So thanks again, this is an awesome series. Very informative and has greatly improved my understanding of how to play FM. I donated using the link - not going to make a big difference but wanted to show my appreciation! :applause:

52 minutes ago, Phil M said:

Have been anonymously reading the whole of this series, but wanted to register so I could say thanks for it, and especially this tactic.

I always have the most trouble against elite teams playing 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 because they get in behind with their AM(L/R), but using this tactic is very effective at nullifying them. One thing I would say is that you have to keep the line very high and press more/much more, otherwise it isn't effective as your striker gets isolated.

So thanks again, this is an awesome series. Very informative and has greatly improved my understanding of how to play FM. I donated using the link - not going to make a big difference but wanted to show my appreciation! :applause:

Thank you very much for the feedback and the donation. Glad to hear you've enjoyed and found these useful! :thup:

ive adopted most of this, however the players I have demand me make slight adjustment to roles and am contemplating for 433 with the 3 cm all in support role, 1 box to box, 1 Deep lying playmaker and 1 roaming play maker, is this likely to leave me short defending ? my prime candidates for DPPM are Kai Havertz and Ramsey with Rentato sanchez as roaming playmaker and a b2b or would I be better off with a regista instead of b2b? I will also have one inside forward in an attacking role on the left, normally I balance this by having full back on support duty, what do you think, could my idea of 3supporting cm's work?

• 6 months later...
21 hours ago, gpassosbh said:

Hello,
Anyone tested this in FM18 Beta already?
Any suggestion on this formation and use the new PI like Mezzala?

No reason that Very Fluid can't work on FM18. And the 4-1-4-1 is still a great base formation. You can't use a Segundo Volante as there is only one DM in the 4-1-4-1, but any of the other new roles would work fine. But it really comes down to your players, your other roles, and how you are fitting the tactic together as a whole. For example, using the Mezzala as one of the two MC spots might work nicely if you pair a Mezzala with a DLP, but not as well if your other MC is an MC-A or Roaming Playmaker, as their defensive focus could be lacking (affected by the role of the wingers and the DM). Similarly, a Carrilero might work nicely as one of the MCs is more attacking, but if your pair a Carrilero with a defensive-focused MC, you could lackf forward running and therefore attacking thrust thru the middle (may still work, depending on your wingers & fullbacks). If you haven't already, take a peak at Cleon's Thread on the new roles.

On 11/5/2017 at 15:39, gpassosbh said:

Hello,
Anyone tested this in FM18 Beta already?
Any suggestion on this formation and use the new PI like Mezzala?

Used O-zil to the Arsenal!'s 4141 system in FM17, and since I became so comfortable with it, I've used it again in FM18.

Only a few months into my first save, but I can safely say that I have not had this much early success in any FM edition as I am with FM18 beta using this 4141 setup. Believe it or not, as Arsenal, this tactic in the first match of the season scored four goals within the first eleven minutes against Man City! And the defensive stability/balance of the system is just as good as ever, so long as you correctly read the opposition's formation/game plan and adjust accordingly.

To answer your question about the use of mezzala, however, I still need to try it out.  With the 4141 DM-D tactic that O-zil talks about here (where the left cm-s is given the PI's of "get further forward" and "move into channels") the mezzala-support role could work well in theory.  The only caveat or warning I would add is that O-zil, in most of his very fluid tactics, talks consistently about how much he dislikes having centermids with the "roam from position" PI ticked (such as BBM-S for example), and this is one of the natural PI's associated with the mezzala support role. So could work, but just be conscious of the player's positioning during transitions and such.

Last thing I wanted to add, is that the goals/play of this system on FM18 beta are even more enjoyable to watch than before.  This tactic is still just absolutely phenomenal.

Excellent write up. Been playing since the 90’s and have only just started reading the forums and am loving the posts. Used this tactic In the beta with arsenal and won the league losing one game and drawing seven as well as smashing it in the uefa cup. Clinched the league again  the second season. Got Pulisic and Iwobi on the wings with cutting inside ppms and they are doing amazing just need a 5 star DM / DLP as I’ve currently got Xhaka playing there and as it’s an important position would like better.. and he’s always being ambitious and moaning. Again excellent work Ozil.

5 hours ago, greenjob said:

Excellent write up. Been playing since the 90’s and have only just started reading the forums and am loving the posts. Used this tactic In the beta with arsenal and won the league losing one game and drawing seven as well as smashing it in the uefa cup. Clinched the league again  the second season. Got Pulisic and Iwobi on the wings with cutting inside ppms and they are doing amazing just need a 5 star DM / DLP as I’ve currently got Xhaka playing there and as it’s an important position would like better.. and he’s always being ambitious and moaning. Again excellent work Ozil.

Hi mate

Can I just check, you mean the 4141 works well for Arsenal? Would you mind posting a pic of the team? I'm mostly wondering how Sanchez and Ozil fit in....if at all of course!

Thank you

2 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi mate

Can I just check, you mean the 4141 works well for Arsenal? Would you mind posting a pic of the team? I'm mostly wondering how Sanchez and Ozil fit in....if at all of course!

Thank you

Not OP, but undefeated so far my first season using 4141 with Arsenal.  This is my first team squad, I usually rotate the starting eleven for European competition.

But ozil on the left flank and sanchez on the right has been really successful for me.  Then I can use Theo on the right and Welbeck on the left as backups.

f4c14af9df7d843ad0f3cc6c3608a3e3.thumb.png.cf26618303448cae4f0c2078a95e534a.png

4 minutes ago, Domac said:

Not OP, but undefeated so far my first season using 4141 with Arsenal.  This is my first team squad, I usually rotate the starting eleven for European competition.

But ozil on the left flank and sanchez on the right has been really successful for me.  Then I can use Theo on the right and Welbeck on the left as backups.

f4c14af9df7d843ad0f3cc6c3608a3e3.thumb.png.cf26618303448cae4f0c2078a95e534a.png

Hi,

Thank you, that's really interesting to see. Would never imagine Ozil out on the left would work but I'll look into it.

4 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi mate

Thank you

Yeah did it with arsenal and re trained ozil, got him playing Cm-support alongside Ramsey  or Wilshere, brought in goretzka in as well. Ozil’s ratings have been very good. Sent  Sanchez to the reserves for giving it, and brought in dolberg to play on the left wing for the fist season before Pulisic came in. Nelson covered both wing positions and did well.

1 hour ago, greenjob said:

Yeah did it with arsenal and re trained ozil, got him playing Cm-support alongside Ramsey  or Wilshere, brought in goretzka in as well. Ozil’s ratings have been very good. Sent  Sanchez to the reserves for giving it, and brought in dolberg to play on the left wing for the fist season before Pulisic came in. Nelson covered both wing positions and did well.

Thanks man. I had a 41221 on FM17 which was very similar with the very fluid set up. But I think 4141 might be a fun option to try instead.

Thank you

• 2 months later...

Obviously this thread is still very pertinent....so, it's easy to catch up how you tinker with the defensive miedfield role to exploit some issues with the 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) and the 4-2-3-1. But the "main tactic", I mean, with the DLP (D), when does it have to be used? I mean, if the opposition uses different formations besides 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1, what will be the best role to use on our defensive miedfielder?

• 1 year later...

this tactic still works wonders

using it in fm19 with both top flight and lower league sides.

currently doing a no badge journeyman save and this tactic has me winning the league by a mile in malaysia at the moment.

happy to post how i translated it into fm19 if anyone is interested.

26 minutes ago, arsenal3459 said:

currently doing a no badge journeyman save and this tactic has me winning the league by a mile in malaysia at the moment.

I would love to see that. Especially what mentality you landed on.

1 hour ago, arsenal3459 said:

Please do! I am trying to translate this to FM19myself.

• 7 months later...

Funny enough, i started developing my version of your 343 Cruijff diamond into something like this, when i stumbled upon this piece of brilliance! I've got it set up slightly different (being that i'm playing FM19). I can't upload screenshots at the moment as i'm at work, but my setup is basically this:

SKde

WBa                   CDde                                    CDde                           FBde

HBde

WPa                   MEZsu                                   CMa                           IWa

F9su

It works like i imagined: WPa generating the most assist, and IW scoring the most goals. 

I could upload screenshots and go more indepth about this system, if you guys are interested in that let me know!

Bare in mind that i'm not a tactical wizard like Ö-zil, nor that i can write about tactics the way he can ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 05/11/2019 at 02:21, HullCity1904 said:

@Ö-zil to the Arsenal! How would you change this on the newer games, if at all?

On 05/11/2019 at 13:35, 04texag said:

Unfortunately he hasn't played 2019 or 2020, which is where the new tactics and then ME come into play. Would be great to see updates though.

hey mates, saw that this thread is still active.  been using this tactic in the new additions of FM.

if y'all are still interested I can make a new post showing how to translate this tactic into the new ME.

more than happy to do it, just let me know.