Pre-contract promises

I think it's different for different promises. You can see it in the promises screen and how many days you have left.

I've struggled with the "improve squad" ones. I've bought much better players and in my mind fulfilled it, but the player don't feel that way.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I think it's different for different promises. You can see it in the promises screen and how many days you have left.

I've struggled with the "improve squad" ones. I've bought much better players and in my mind fulfilled it, but the player don't feel that way.

I went even further. I've bought too 5 star forwards and now my old forward is on the bench forever and complains of not starting enough. Well, you've brought it on yourself!

2 hours ago, XaW said:

I'm certain this is a bug. My BvB save was ruined by promising a couple of players I would strengthen the attack (after selling Aubameyang, who is crap anyway).

Anyway I set about signing 4 or 5 class players in attack, first team starters (who were actually going to replace the players that were moaning, ironically) that absolutely without question vastly improved my team in attack - I signed Lorenzo Insigne and Divock Origi plus a few others. Yet, still they moaned on and on and eventually my entire squad fell out with me because of how I had treated the players [who I made the promises to]. It was so bad I started a new game. Absolutely gutted too as I had overhauled Bayern and won the Bundesliga at a canter.

i've rejected all the deals when a player makes demands so far (except when they ask for a huge pay rise). I think you are just setting up for a fall. it does seem a bit buggy and risky, like when you are asked to have a team meeting before a big match. i always stuff up moral saying the wrong thing, so i ignore them too.

I tried signing a player who would be first team but not a key player and he went overboard on the promises, he wanted to treat the club as a stepping stone, huge payrise (got to contract stage he wanted double my current highest earner) promises to strengthen the team in his position and another and play him in his favoured position/role.

Archived