[FM2017][RELEASED] Scotland - Real and Fantasy Pyramids

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great file Morrissey, thanks a lot! Kutgw!

A bit silly to bring this up in this data-topic in stead of the skinning hideout, but looking at your kits I suddenly wondered why no-one ever makes kits consisting of a shirt ánd shorts. Is that becaus it wouldnt fit in the FM-format? Ik guess the kits are just png's like the logo's are, aren't they? Seems silly not to add the shorts, as they are a pretty vital part of the identity of a club. Never stumbled upon kit-packs with shorts though, so there's probably a good reason not to.

Seems everything is working well with the latest update, not seen any major problems so far half way through the first season, seems even the playoff's are working properly this year as it is.

Can't wait for the fantasy database though looks good what you have planned.

22 hours ago, ommerson said:

Great file Morrissey, thanks a lot! Kutgw!

A bit silly to bring this up in this data-topic in stead of the skinning hideout, but looking at your kits I suddenly wondered why no-one ever makes kits consisting of a shirt ánd shorts. Is that becaus it wouldnt fit in the FM-format? Ik guess the kits are just png's like the logo's are, aren't they? Seems silly not to add the shorts, as they are a pretty vital part of the identity of a club. Never stumbled upon kit-packs with shorts though, so there's probably a good reason not to.

Thanks bud!

Not sure in all honesty - I vaguely remember someone doing this a few years back but saying it took a hell of a lot of work. It is difficult enough putting shirts together, I suspect those who create the different kit styles don't want the added hassle and time constraints.

After nigh on 5 hours of throwing stuff at the editor hoping for a miracle...here is the first beta file for the fantasy pyramid! :cool:

League & Data Updates2_2B3B4773-48F3-434D-AF0A-E8969EEE984C.fmf

N.B. I haven't edited team reps etc as yet, so may be a little wonky in terms of promotions and relegations initially. I've slightly amended the Scottish Cup and Irn Bru cups too, see if you can find the subtle improvements...

Edited to add my favourite screenshot from the new DB! :thup:

20161109224750_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Wavelberry said:

Not sure whether you are aware of this @Morrissey but some sides in the database have a tick thing that prevents the U20 manager from arranging friendlies in the first season. Happening at Wick so didn't know if you wanted to change/look at it.

Yeah, aware of this - was going to leave as it is, given that it seemed reasonably realistic...I've since found out that both the Highland and Lowland leagues run U20 leagues as well so will rectify in due course!

I encountered a major bug in your real Scottish pyramid file.

I won the the Highland League then won the Play-Off against East Stirlingshire but now all my player are on holiday! I have to play Edingburgh City and no player is available. Edingburgh City have all players available. So it's virtually impossible to gain promotion.

5 minutes ago, Doc Gonzo said:

I encountered a major bug in your real Scottish pyramid file.

I won the the Highland League then won the Play-Off against East Stirlingshire but now all my player are on holiday! I have to play Edingburgh City and no player is available. Edingburgh City have all players available. So it's virtually impossible to gain promotion.

Was this the first season? There was a bug last year where my players didn't go on holiday at all in the first season and then it righted itself...

Yes, it was first season. After the second leg against East Stirlingshire all my players went on holiday and a couple of days later I had to play Edinburgh City, So I guess I can delete this save game as I don't want to stay in the Highland League forever.

Two issues that should be relatively easy to sort - leave it with me!

I'll add the playoff stage to the individual leagues and change the league-wide contract preferences (these seem to actually have an effect this year).

On 11/10/2016 at 16:42, Wavelberry said:

Can I sort this with RTE? I don't really wanna have to start again if I can avoid it.

Forcing your team to full Semi-Pro again, that might fix it. Just reset the drop down by making yourself Professional, saving, continuing, than go back in and change it back to Semi-Pro and that might well do it.

17 hours ago, dburnsdundeemad said:

Forcing your team to full Semi-Pro again, that might fix it. Just reset the drop down by making yourself Professional, saving, continuing, than go back in and change it back to Semi-Pro and that might well do it.

Thanks, will have a play around and give it a try. The other option is just to see if they will re-sign and if they do give them a semi-pro contract of + or slightly higher value at the mid-way point of each season. Your method sounds like less clicking though...

On 11/9/2016 at 20:47, Morrissey said:

After nigh on 5 hours of throwing stuff at the editor hoping for a miracle...here is the first beta file for the fantasy pyramid! :cool:

League & Data Updates2_2B3B4773-48F3-434D-AF0A-E8969EEE984C.fmf

N.B. I haven't edited team reps etc as yet, so may be a little wonky in terms of promotions and relegations initially. I've slightly amended the Scottish Cup and Irn Bru cups too, see if you can find the subtle improvements...

Edited to add my favourite screenshot from the new DB! :thup:

20161109224750_1.jpg

Can't wait for a near complete release for this, will wait just now, cause i'm on a mission to get Cove Rangers to the Premiership and competing with Aberdeen in the real pyramid first. 

Also, I've noticed that SI doesn't have a complete system of rivalries/derbies in the Scottish Leagues, I had to create the North and Highland derbies through the Editor myself and have recently noticed that the many other versions of the Fife and Lanarkshire derbies are missing with the only Lanarkshire one being in the db being Hamilton-Motherwell, where as it's a four way derby technically between Airdrie-Albion Rovers-Motherwell-Hamilton. similar to the way the Fife Derby is a four way derby between Dunfermline-Raith Rovers-Cowdenbeath-East Fife.

Would be keen to see you do a complete rework of this down to the EoS and SoS leagues to include all real derbies.

Then, maybe add like ones that don't technically exist yet, like an Aberdeen (Cove-Aberdeen) and an Aberdeenshire wide derby, a Leith Derby (Hibs-Leith), a Tynecastle Derby (Hearts-Tynecastle), massive Edinburgh wide derby, Glasgow wide as well.

Could even extend this into the Fantasy Pyramid as well with an Inverness derby, Lochee derby and a Dundee wide derby.

Right - back again after some real-life distractions! Working on this again tonight.

@Doc Gonzo and @Wavelberry, thanks for the feedback. Seems that this only affects some people weirdly, and the editor doesn't like me making any changes to the original file now...fun and games ahead I think.

On 13/11/2016 at 23:24, terrorsquad said:

wheres the juniors leagues

First post of the thread. Just an initial beta, got plenty of work still to do.

@dburnsdundeemad, one of the things on my list to improve is the derbies, yeah. In terms of ones that don't exist yet, this years FM has the ability to create derbies (local and level-wise) over time, which helps.

12 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Think I've cracked that potential issue with the playoff in the real pyramid file (although it seems to only affect certain saves for some reason...

Only happened in the first season in my save, I went up in the first season anyway as it was Edinburgh City coming down and managed to just scrape a win even with grayed out players.

Second season Edinburgh City came back up after beating Stenhousemuir with a full compliment of players that weren't on holiday. Not overly game braking just annoying for the first season.

Gonna struggle in League One now I've won back-to-back promotions at a canter though, my budget is tiny as I only have 75(they only start with 50 >.>) season ticket holders with Cove Rangers so i'm struggling to bring in good quality players due to a lack of funds, good thing is though, a 6000 capacity stadium means the board won't go and take out ridiculous loans as Calder Park won't need expanding for a good while yet. 

@Morrissey Hey dude, i've noticed a small issue where the league history for teams that have competed in the Highland League after the first season is missing, like it doesn't record who has won it and what position teams who have taken part in the league attained in their league history bit on the club info page. 

1 hour ago, dburnsdundeemad said:

@Morrissey Hey dude, i've noticed a small issue where the league history for teams that have competed in the Highland League after the first season is missing, like it doesn't record who has won it and what position teams who have taken part in the league attained in their league history bit on the club info page. 

Cheers - I'll look into it.

Just about there on the fantasy pyramid, but frustratingly BT have buggered my broadband so can't connect off the PC. Will upload a file as soon as I'm back online...

On 11/16/2016 at 02:11, Morrissey said:

Think I've cracked that potential issue with the playoff in the real pyramid file (although it seems to only affect certain saves for some reason...

The (Real) Scottish Pyramid - Complete_39FEA1AA-6BFB-4F1E-82B1-870809A84F97.fmf

does this one have the juniors in it????

For anyone interested ive made a kit pack for highland and lowland leagues, east and south and soon to be released the complete juniors pack also am working on the north caley pack

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

On the Fantasy file (inc Juniors), I'm now finished my testing and error fixing. got no broadband for another week or so thanks to BT...less said the better...so I'll find another way to upload next week. All that's left to do is add managers to all the Junior levels and work on rivalries for each club.

The changes are working really well - it's interesting to see how the leagues balance after a few years, certain junior sides rising to the top and challenging in the Highland/Lowland West/Lowland East divisions. Relegation from the SPFL is more likely as a result of the 4 team playoffs, and they seem to add a nice financial boost to all the participants in terms of crowd sizes which is pretty realistic.

Main good news - there are no more holidays before playoffs, no errors in the cups, leagues recognise their champs even if they don't win the eventual playoff and it all seems very smooth.

I'm currently taking on Shetland - aiming for the SPFL, which seems a long way away from the base of the pyramid!

On 16.11.2016 at 03:11, Morrissey said:

No, the issue is not fixed. First season I reached again the playoff against Edinburgh City and all my players are on holiday.

2 hours ago, Doc Gonzo said:

No, the issue is not fixed. First season I reached again the playoff against Edinburgh City and all my players are on holiday.

Thanks bud.

Heads up to anyone making their own DBs - I've finally cracked this one. Basically, you need to use the "fixture dates" under the league in advanced rules rather than manually selecting them (as the editor defaults to). Basically, look at the already created league structures and mirror them, as often there are 2 possible fixture dates for one game.

I'll reupload the final file on this one when my internet returns. Apologies to anyone that has had a save spoiled by this issue!

On 12/3/2016 at 13:53, Morrissey said:

I'll reupload the final file on this one when my internet returns. Apologies to anyone that has had a save spoiled by this issue!

Glad I never took up the job with BT if this is the service they would expect me to give their customers haha.

What are they doing with your internet, wine and dining, dating and holidaying it?

5 hours ago, dburnsdundeemad said:

Glad I never took up the job with BT if this is the service they would expect me to give their customers haha.

What are they doing with your internet, wine and dining, dating and holidaying it?

Twice now we've had the "it's fixed" call when it wasn't, so switched to plusnet which goes through next week. Forgot how dull life is without internet haha!

Still trying to find a way of using my iPhone to upload the files. I know the missus has an Android which would work...

20 hours ago, mjaferrie said:

Is the fantasy one good to go now?

When uploaded aye. It works a treat, tested with 3 separate games now. The SPFL playoff is really interesting, usually Elgin/Berwick/Edinburgh City are in it year one and struggle to stay up - it's harder to win promotion, but guarantees more movement.

Here are the latest files...

The logo megapack will follow later today/tomorrow. :onmehead:

The (Fantasy) Scottish Pyramid - Complete_CEBAF776-4EA8-4547-B1B1-C46005613A9C.fmf

3 minutes ago, jadebyers4 said:

Are the kits for every league in scotland ? 

The kits include all Highland & Lowland league clubs, as well as the additional 16 Lowland clubs in the fantasy database. I intend to work on more junior sides when I can!

I tried downloading the kit pack, just to have a browse, but it was blocked by Chrome, claiming it was malicious. I was just wondering if I could see the Shetland strip? I'm excited to see this and possibly give it a shot, being a Shetlander!

13 hours ago, joetattie said:

I tried downloading the kit pack, just to have a browse, but it was blocked by Chrome, claiming it was malicious. I was just wondering if I could see the Shetland strip? I'm excited to see this and possibly give it a shot, being a Shetlander!

I haven't made kits for the juniors as yet, just the Highland and both Lowland leagues, but will do requests as we go...consider the Shetties first up!

Try this link for the kits: http://www.filedropper.com/scottishkitsbymozzagaming

1 hour ago, dburnsdundeemad said:

Looking fantastic Mozza.

Any luck on getting a working U20's model, would like to see it compulsory for all teams Highland-Lowland and above.

Yup - got it working in the fantasy DB! Working on the real pyramid file still...

Gave the opening post of the thread an update with all the Steam download links etc. Finished adding all managers to the Junior sides last night in the fantasy DB and posted it up :)

Check the 2nd post for more info on the ins and outs of competition changes...

Archived