FM16 - From Rags to Riches......Hopefully!

lewis999

2018/2019|TSV 1860 München|Squad Stats

37c4cb45ac1f15f870c0566792f93d8b.jpg

A lot of loanees had to be brought in this season due to lack of funds. I needed to be ambitious so we could make this club great. It did pay off but now I want young players but our own so we aren't developing another teams players.

604c0a73a9ef1750790381e244bb148d.png

Young Mason on loan from Everton did a fantastic job at RB all season. Picked up all the awards except obviously, goal of the season that went to top scorer Nils.

d4f384f0a9be39346c009e450fbbe159.png

Top scorer was our striker and the 2 guys with the most assists played on each wing. I'd say that's how it's supposed to be really. No red cards all season proves that we have a squad full of composed lads who aren't aggressive and untrustworthy.

54d3a94ed8dc9c625e4314ceda917a3c.jpg

Our season review is good viewing. Our average attendance is an impressive 24,131. Obviously the % is low as we are playing in the massive Allianz. The league position graph shows how close to the top we were all season. I used a lot of players. I tried to play some of the U19 prospects in the youth team when I could get away with it so they could develop and become our future.

Managers Players of the Season - Top 3

3. Malcolm Cacutalua/Mason Holgate

I was going to give this just to Mason but couldn't leave Malcolm out due to his impressive performances at CB after joining on loan from parent club Leverkusen.

2. Fredrik Oldrup Jensen

Tongue twister of a name but a very straight forward intelligent player at DM. Stand in the right spot, intercept or dispossess and then start our attacks with his precise passing. Vital cog and goes unnoticed but when he doesn't play we don't look half as good. Need a back up for him next season.

1. Nils Quaschner

Can't really give it to anyone else. He won us so many points by scoring winning goals in 1-0 wins and bringing us back into games we were losing with clinical finishes. Going to try and loan him again next season if possible. Extremely strong with a lot of pace which is a lethal combination.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0038a58262fe36e6b714b28308e8be7b.png

Didn't even have to ask which was welcome news.

774f16913b9fc6d59a1a74c03a33fff0.png

GO AWAYYYYY!!!!!

54dbdd453920511c9a0d15a976152e9b.png

I got the news item about the team of the year and were happy to see 4 of our players in there. They all deserve it.

8f4564f7f58a3dd3533e75792cce7855.png

Our first signing as a Bundesliga club. Our left hand sided player is going back on loan and Embalo is young, has some potential to improve (Good Bundesliga player), some very nice PPM's and more importantly all his important attributes are 13/14+ which is going to be needed against the big guns. Plenty of pace for the counter attack too.

dcd0125d769e6359d55ddb8617995348.png

Ermmmm....This might be a massive struggle. I chose avoid automatic relegation because choosing anything else didn't increase it much. Plenty of wages leftover so we're going to be a team built around free signings and a few loans.

1860 Munich|Back In The Big Time|2019/2020

rippled-german-flag-720_BGd.jpg

tsv-1860-munich.png?w=500

It's our first season back in the big boys league and with not much money to play with I have been set a monumental task of keeping our heads above water which is going to be very, very, very hard!

0164c5c501a650074e3113f2633f8200.png

As the bookies predict too, we have very little chance of doing much. It's up to us to show them how wrong they are.

Transfers so far...

4d9fc961f7789a5186d3d8a649dad261.png

Carlos Embalo

Stefan Popovic

Naoya Ochiai

Kevin Mbabu

Constantin Frommann

Jerome Onguene

Marc Duffy

Konrad Handzlik

Luca Clemenza

Robin Tim Becker

Nils Quaschner

bf57aa730f6d86eb569aa232fb9a1c76.png

Just managed to add some star quality thanks to Arsenal. He's fantastic and we're only paying 1k of his wages. He can make things happen and I might have to make a tactic to fit around him. Safe to say i'll be telling him to shoot whenever he wants, dribble when he wants and not pass if he doesn't want. :D No we aren't that bad but he's 100% an upgrade.

f6a5b0772554469fc53400e6e64c0eb0.png

Our first point in the top league and a very impressive one it is. They did have more shots and miles more possession but we did hit the bar and restrict them to just 2 shots on target. Their team is unreal as well. Martial up front just to put it into context.

e510d8b294392a6d3febcf19a4361d3c.png

Another surprising result as well. Bayern's team is better than Dortmunds and Chicharito took them to the cleaners.

a842d93db6a5a31aba07bdc3b8d3dee6.png

I'm not really planning on leaving but I applied for an interview at AZ just to see what they were offering and I got this message. Never seen it before and it's a nice little feature.

After a few days not having much time to play FM I started earlier and was feeling a bit disconnected with my team. I didn't get enough investment to make the team "my own" and was just scouting around for cheap players. Now that's fine but in my opening post for this challenge I stated, "In any job I have I will always have a high % of players of the nationality of the country i'm in." Or words to that effect. This hasn't been the case since joining 1860 Munich as a combination of a lack of young German players and as stated before, not enough investment I felt my team didn't have an identity and I had lost my motivation in Germany so.......

6897dbcfa0cb1b778edd983b2f5a76c3.png

Decided to leave early in the season so the next man in could change whatever he wanted. I was just above the relegation places and I think I would of stayed up but I couldn't stay as I was losing interest so will look to pursue other options. Stay tuned for my next destination.

That came out of the blue, but if you had no motivation to manage there, it's probably the right decision. Good luck wherever you go next.

Thank you. I wanted to build a team that had an identity and the one I had at 1860, out of necessity, were loans and players from overseas. It was the only way to try and make us competitive but it made me lose interest and I felt like I were going against my own rules of the career so had to leave.

7440c489b75053b8e0d1e82f2550e48d.png

70b1ee5a970f913965c28396e03d1f7f.jpg

When the Lille job came up it was one I definitely wanted. They aren't stacked with lots of money, superstar players and a trophy laden cabinet. They haven't won anything for nearly 10 years and have only won one Ligue 1 and Coupe de France in more than half a century and that needs changing.

What they have got is good training and youth facilities, a big stadium to play in (Although we don't own it) and no debt. Brilliant foundations that will hopefully be built upon.

Wish me luck in France, au revoir for now.

503ddbdce1f5c892a3f5083ed43a8f86.png

Good luck in France

Thank you. Hopefully we can upset a few people.

That's an interesting club. :thup:

It is. I liked them when they had Hazard and Gervinho and I do like their kits too so that helped.

So this is the league table when I joined.

6d11fcd06a480b4827d0db09e30a9a83.jpg

We have a few games in hand and guess who my first match is against? Before I even get a chance to try and implement my own tactics...Runaway leaders Monaco who are stacked full of talent. Especially in the attacking quarters. Marseille won the title the year before so it's not a PSG walkover every year like it usually is which gives me confidence.

We have been knocked out of the cup too.

Our first game was a very even one but their quality shone through. Our strikers are pretty poor, it's the weakest area of the squad easily.

2087473fd98dd69aadd03ecef9feb804.jpg

The headline doesn't lie. Had we put our chances away it could of easily been a draw. Ah well, next time.

These are my 3 best players to give you an idea of the squad we have. Although it's the best squad I have ability wise, I will be getting rid of a lot of deadwood in January and at the end of the season to put my own stamp on things. We have about 5-6 good players and the rest are really average.

Youssouf Kone

Adryan

Aleksander Vasilev

My last match before January and we rescued a late point from Bordeaux. I'm fairly happy with this as my tactics are nowhere near to being fully learnt yet so we aren't playing to how i'd like unfortunately.

706d1a5506750d0fb1cfe2f8cea3efa7.jpg

My guess would be he has French as his second nationality and the games he's played for Ivory Coast were all friendlies. :p

I didn't think it counted them as caps on their profile if they were friendlies due to that rule? Could be wrong.

There is no bug. IRL he is Ivorian-born but eligible for France, and has played for the France teams from U16 to U21, but even if he had played for Ivory Coast the rules allow for chane of nation unless you have played a competitive international for the full national team. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwel_Cornet

There is no bug. IRL he is Ivorian-born but eligible for France, and has played for the France teams from U16 to U21, but even if he had played for Ivory Coast the rules allow for chane of nation unless you have played a competitive international for the full national team. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwel_Cornet

I don't think it should say 4 caps in that case. It should have a sign at the side signalling they were uncompetitive internationals because lets say I am a national team manager and I see that, I wouldn't even try and call them up thinking he had played a competitive match. I could lose out on a good player.

Lille|January|2019/20

978b713665f7cfb137f3e44310362bbc.png

My first full month in charge went okay considering my tactics were quite far away from being fluid and understod by my team.

We played Bastia 3 times as you can see and came out on top twice which was pleasing. We lost to our main rivals Lens at their ground which was massively disappointing but they are 3rd in the league and doing really well.

04798ebf9805a5867b34299c5ac3316e.jpg

So we have ended this month in a higher position than when we started which is obviously the target. I did promise the board a top half finish which may come back to haunt me if our form doesn't improve enough. Realistically the highest I can hope for is 6th which is 8 points off. I don't think we will manage that but you have to be ambitious.

13c5e97567ffcdc2434db646a7aef29d.png

Every match apart from Lyon are teams below us so this could be a really pivotal month. We could really get some points behind us if we play to our potential here and make progress in the cup too.

We also have two incoming free transfers that are to arrive in the summer.

58b65aed6da6530e8d18ad9fb083e599.png

Got really high hopes for this guy. Fantastic technique, good composure, decision making, vision and very very quick. Fantastic 'tash as well. :D

0c3ad9577855301c3c45f8b9f3df9fd9.jpg

Very happy with this signing as Mavuba is retiring and I need a defensive midfielder who is very clever and with 16 anticipation he will be in the right place at the right time. I will improve his positioning when he arrives. He doesn't have the best physicals but I don't want him to run around a lot, just intercept and play an easy pass.

Youth Intake|Lille|2019/2020

5ec025819274d39e773e2a5265a5957b.jpg

Joel Roussel

Joao Silva

Frederic Frey

Not the best intake. Have a bit of hope in Roussel and Silva but not so much Frey, maybe back up at best. Roussel and Silva have very good personalities so as long as I get their training and match time right they could become pretty decent players.

Can't complain about getting someone with 5* PA, that looks like a pretty good intake to me.

I suppose. Just were a bit underwhelmed with their stats. Roussel has 5* but he is very small for a CB. May have to re-train him.

I suppose. Just were a bit underwhelmed with their stats. Roussel has 5* but he is very small for a CB. May have to re-train him.

Problem is he's not great going forward if you were to move him with FB. He's only 15, he could easily grow a couple of inches, but by the time he has you'll probably be conquering the world with Barcelona :D

February|Lille|2019/2020

1c6242a528f5d73d017722c142e1ab5c.png

What a turnaround. Every match, with the exception of Lyon (Who are 4th) was against teams lower than us but we got the job done for the most part. The two 0-0's were massively frustrating, we couldn't get that first goal. We are now playing 3 at the back which has helped massively. It's allowed me to play another striker which we needed as the ones we have aren't really capable of playing up top on their own.

64a92ae4f4d641901749242de9d52be3.jpg

The other piece of good news is because this league is so tight we are only 4 points off 5th place which would be a very good finish from where we were. We are still to play Saint-Etienne, Brest, Lorient and PSG that are above us. Everyone is below.

March

ee9738ed6dd7ace3fd0f51166dca9646.png

Other News

9d76cafc600671a832712428cda5e26f.png

Glad I had this accepted. I had to argue a little bit but we got there in the end.

Problem is he's not great going forward if you were to move him with FB. He's only 15, he could easily grow a couple of inches, but by the time he has you'll probably be conquering the world with Barcelona :D

Haha I won't ever be in charge of Barcelona. It's sort of a rule in my career that I can't manage a team that is consistently near the top of the league. They need to be struggling or have struggled for years and not won anything for a lot of years. Except from maybe Arsenal as they are my second team after my hometown club. So I will be looking at the likes of Valencia and Sevilla in Spain, Napoli and Roma in Italy or Schalke and Leverkusen in Germany.

Haha I won't ever be in charge of Barcelona. It's sort of a rule in my career that I can't manage a team that is consistently near the top of the league. They need to be struggling or have struggled for years and not won anything for a lot of years. Except from maybe Arsenal as they are my second team after my hometown club. So I will be looking at the likes of Valencia and Sevilla in Spain, Napoli and Roma in Italy or Schalke and Leverkusen in Germany.

Oops, I forgot about that. You never know, Barcelona could go through a dry spell :lol:

(Also if you're a Barnsley fan, congrats on making it to Wembley :D)

Oops, I forgot about that. You never know, Barcelona could go through a dry spell :lol:

(Also if you're a Barnsley fan, congrats on making it to Wembley :D)

Haha maybe. If they do then they're eligible.

I am mate yes thank you. It'll be our second trip there this season which is fantastic. We've won 1 and i'm confident of winning the second one with the way we are playing.

EDIT to post #189 in regards to the league table.

I went upstairs to put some clothes away at half time of the Millwall - Bradford match and my computer turned off for some strange reason. (May of been an update, who knows.) I had to play the Nancy game again and I got the same result, 1-0. The table has changed slightly for the better which I didn't think could happen. Here it is :-

aeac6b14ed1e1927c6ed421b19d420af.jpg

It seems Lorient lost this time making our gap to 5th only 2 points instead. Feels a bit like cheating but I suppose I could of lost the replayed game and it would take me ages to get the same result. Not ideal but thought I would let people know.

1f339ec6ee9155d144d510804c81fc4f.jpg

I could of waited until the monthly update but I had to show this. We went 1-0 down and I thought it was going to be a battering. I changed a few things to counter a few things PSG were doing and we managed to get two ourselves. Our 3 at the back formation is doing wonders. It was a brilliant finish from Ugurlu for the winning goal.

March|Lille|2019/2020

bb436dac1ed58d6da631a34bc59e0a42.png

Perfect! Great month, the squad showed some real grit and determination. They weren't the prettiest of wins, all 4 of them but they are wins nonetheless. I'm so pleased going into next season if I can get the right additions in and a bit of money to spend. Maybe 7-8m would do it. I need a very good striker and another CB and I think we would be okay for a Champions League spot.

d1c8a7727120e624dff2b45ed406d4a3.jpg

As much as we are flying at the moment, I think we have been lucky in the fact that other teams can't seem to string any sort of consistency together. It's a very close league except the top 4 really.

74a1abe6d5b2a94f06e9745992147ec4.png

4 winnable but very tough games as they all seem to be. I would love to win a cup in my first season in France obviously, but Reims aren't a bad side whatsoever. The other semi-final is between Saint-Etienne and Caen so no big guns left.

Other News

8e3fc780f60809e21f47ae0f0e457dac.png

8087c941d1fcbf71ce3014a530dd8297.png

Fantastic news. Not only that I have completed my coaching course but the board have agreed to fund my next one up the ladder.

Fantastic start, hope you can keep it up. :thup:

Thanks mate, much appreciated words as always.

Unbelievable start to life at Lille!

Thank you too, we are doing better than I expected we would. Long may it continue.

April & May|Lille|2019/2020

3dcac6f31ebd7a3f1efac654f1699389.png

We had a fantastic end to the season and the players showed their consistency. We, as you can see, had one quite bad blip against Caen in our own backyard. We deserved to lose and they were quite impressive. We played a very, very nervy cup final against Saint-Etienne and it was a really even game and could of gone either way. I'm just happy our clever little wide man Kasper got the winner and we have european football next season.

ebadcf3efb266c4b35b917c6c7399a36.jpg

Well what can I say about this? Definitely my most pleasing (part?) season since I started my career. Just simply because of the position we were in when I arrived and where we finished. Lyon should feel lucky the season wasn't another 7-10 games longer because I feel we would of reeled them in.

cc43665cbb0c183a0d10b3295c539065.jpg

Like I said, very even game. We had more possession but as everyone knows, that doesn't win games. Ask Simeone and Ranieri.

Archived