FM16 - From Rags to Riches......Hopefully!

lewis999

Lille|End of Season Awards & Stats|2019/20

4fd4283a32e08e4b9f279c1686bb2b6f.jpg

Thought i'd start off with our season review. I didn't play any games in the Europa League unfortunately but they failed miserably, coming bottom of the group. We used the highest amount of players in the league, I tried to give some young players game time when I could.

615f782799459e210095c870b90547ec.png

Stojilijkovic finished as our top scorer with 15. Quite impressive thinking about it as I used so many different players up front. I converted a few attacking midfielders to go up there for some more creativity but I didn't settle on anyone really. The two wide players were the worst disciplinary wise, picking up the most yellow cards and red cards.

0548750aac3dc81608320a4a9df931bc.png

I'm not surprised Corchia got the player of the season. He's all action up and down that right hand side. Tackling, crossing, taking people on, even finishing. Signing of the season was Eren who I brought in from Barcelona. He wasn't a starter so it's a slight surprise because it was more of a team effort and no individuals which was pleasing. Burzanovic deserves his young player of the season award. He was transfer listed and annoyed when I came in. I immediately saw his qualities and he has a bit of everything which is what I need from this team. He will play a very important role going forward into next season.

31b875070f4a5328c7b800005e19c7e2.jpg

This is the only end of season award my player(s) won. Youssouf won the best African player playing in Ligue 1. He's our most valuable player at 16.5m and Juventus have been sniffing around so he might be leaving if I get a 20m+ bid.

1b545b20d2b6bca08017fca8ba3d9ba6.png

I thought i'd include this to show it's favouritism to the 'big 2'. Many other teams had players who had brilliant seasons but Monaco (1st) and PSG (2nd) have 5 and 6 players respectively in the team of the season. To put some of these choices into context, Gabbiandini scored just 10 league goals all season with an avg rating of 7.35. He wasn't even in the top 10 top scorers in the league.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other End of Season News and Goings On!

ba873dea678f5d9890df5106472fb95d.jpg

Firstly the squad page and their stats. I have moved a few players to the reserve team to make it a fairer representation of the players I used. Mavuba (Who is retiring at the end of this season) wasn't used by me as I need quick, agile players so he's missing. A few others too who didn't fit in. The goals were spread around quite well. I think I will have a very different team next year as there are some players i've not been won over by.

2368fc4a35b0e54a6bde5989b263777d.png

Very happy with this. Along with some players I can move on, this figure will be around 15m which is very pleasing to see.

57d5521f0f3ae825de2b0caff96b6a30.png

I didn't even need to ask for this which is a good sign. This board seem to be really ambitious and hardly ever turn down my requests.

f9ce9bbbcf749dd9d34c16593254df44.png

As I said above, although I did have to ask for this one. They just complied straight away. Brilliant.

Just wanted to show you my 4 new signings. I'm very, very excited about this season after managing to bring them in. You'll see why when I show you.

b032fb0ace5492053426f1f43a1733a5.jpg

Start with the weakest of the 4 players which says a lot as Paulo is a very, very good player with fantastic physical stats which is what my tactic is based around. He cost just £5.75m and is only 21. He can play in so many different positions and can play nearly every midfield role which is good.

b64d5cc759a4105e4b51cfa32abe78d5.jpg

Paulo is the next best new signing and cost £9.5m from Brazilian team Cruzeiro. His value shot straight up to £17.25m which is encouraging and is already classed as a wonderkid. High, high hopes for him.

f52564294d6d8406e75e9ef3091dcd65.jpg

Another Costa Rican. It's rare to get one potentially world class player from there but two is unheard of. No offence to Costa Rica obviously as they were fantastic in the last world cup and put us (England) to shame but historically it's not a big footballing nation. Out of the 4 he is only the second best player so you can imagine what the next guy will be like. Another wonderkid and only cost £8.5m he is going to be some player. Has literally everything.

279629526bc9f21b1463f610579cd531.jpg

Now the big one! I don't think he is as good as Zuniga just yet but the potential he has is scary. As you can see his value has gone up to a massive £22.5m and he is on high wages but I feel it's justified if he does what I think he can do this season. Barring any bad injuries he could fire us to glory if I get the tactics right. He's already the next Pele in my head. :D

He cost £15.5m. I can hear you saying, "How did you manage to spend all that money when you didn't have £40m to spend."

Well I sold some players to the tune of nearly 30m to bring these guys in.

Incredible signings there.

Thanks Rikulec, I can only take 50% of the credit as I spotted both Costa Ricans but my scouts recommended me the Brazilians.

Very exciting times ahead :)

It is mate, i'm hoping, rather ambitiously, that we can somehow steal a title this season if we're lucky and Monaco and PSG slip up a few times each. I realise now after typing that it's ridiculous. :D

Pre-Season|Lille|2020/2021

ytrsrq1420397648.png

7c07f9e6c2ace7b57727a5e80d22243f.jpg

Nothing to see with my friendlies matches. We won all except one draw against teams around the world.

Adilson Cruz - A pre-arranged transfer from last season, Cruz is a very gifted AMC. Not sure about the mustache though.

David Sauerland - Purely for backup. A free transfer that will cover injuries and suspension.

Achraf Hakimi - Another backup who can play all down the right hand side which is going to prove valuable.

Tobias Svendsen - Oh yeah, ANOTHER backup who will provide cover on the wings.

Petr Zeleny - Squad depth signing on loan that plays down the right.

Kevin Wimmer - Not sure if Kevin will be a starter yet but he is a very, very good CB so he may end up making a starting spot his as the season goes on. If we use our back 3 formation he's a starter.

Pol Lirola - The biggest back-up of them all. Plays all down the left and all down the right.

The rest of the guys are a few posts up. I was that excited by them I posted early haha! Simoes and Bamba are youth signings who aren't that great just yet.

d2531199734f422ad9156686fd0d54d4.png

We start the season against the cash rich champions of France. Three mid-table teams after that to start the season. Looking to go unbeaten in the league this month, 7 points is the target if we want to put pressure on the top 2. Can't see us beating Monaco for the first trophy of the season but we'll see.

N.B - Just been informed we will be without 2 of our best players for the first 3 of the above matches. The Costa Ricans are at the Olympics so we will need to show our squad depth.

August|Lille|2020/21

25f87173ecc488bcf2d05674a25ef838.png

A month that started excellently and then fell a bit flat with the frustrating draw at the end. We didn't deserve to win against Brest either, we were both awful. As you can see our new signing and star player has scored in every single competitive game this season. Long may it continue Bruno my old mate.

800bee01264aa25ced8e1bf7068f456f.jpg

Got to be happy with 3rd so far. Only team with maximum points is Marseille who have a very strong team this season.

b5ff3edeea560bb01280534cf3047799.png

Our Europa League draw has been fairly kind. Having looked at the teams we have the best on paper. Doesn't mean anything though but I can't wait to get started.

eef1ed7330cbaf5707cfe0d667ea5ca2.png

Next up we have a very tough match against Lyon followed by our first European match.

17b18fad9e442805dd6796adbcea6709.jpg

I've managed to bring in a player, who I think, has massive potential. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona were all after him but we managed to get him somehow. He has a fantastic personality and has very good stats at just 17. I will be giving him games off the bench and in the cup to see if he has what it takes. He's going to be some player.

Hi Lewis,

I have just caught up with this mate, I like the way it's laid out and the very simple style. It's an excellent read and I think Zuniga looks awesome.

If you have time I'd be grateful for some feedback on my thread too, you'll find it from the main page ' the journals of humpus widgren' grateful if you could have a look and leave me some feedback?

Many thanks and good luck for the season ahead! )

Hi Lewis,

I have just caught up with this mate, I like the way it's laid out and the very simple style. It's an excellent read and I think Zuniga looks awesome.

If you have time I'd be grateful for some feedback on my thread too, you'll find it from the main page ' the journals of humpus widgren' grateful if you could have a look and leave me some feedback?

Many thanks and good luck for the season ahead! )

Thanks Lee, i've just had a read through your story and I will comment on it now.

September|Lille|2020/21

17841397a51ae7639de71dcc81d5e2f8.png

Another brilliant month spoiled by Montpellier :D who, by the way have a very good team. I have my eye on a few of their players. They have two eye watering young French regens that I would love to have. I'll screenshot them underneath this paragraph. I need to get Champions League and a lot of money to get them I think. They are already interested. We have our first win in Europe. In truth it could have been more, they were penned in nearly all game and scored from a bad back-pass. I have to mention the win against Lyon as well because we were under a lot of pressure and I think I earnt my wages by altering how we played and a few instruvtions later we were 3-1 up and hitting them on the counter reguarly. Bruno up front was a class above and even set up his young, Danish side kick Niels to score his first goal for the club.

Moha - He's already unhappy and wants to move to a bigger club. Him and Bruno up front for us would be lethal both domestically and in europe.

Patrick Makengo - He's not unhappy and i'm not even sure where he would fit in (as in I don't NEED him) but if given the chance I would take him as he's French and full of potential.

(Montpellier play in Orange so I thought i'd highlight them that way.) :p

de91c7738d2024f1ab93f1e8bbbfeffa.jpg

This makes very good reading so far. Unbeaten after 7 games and have the joint best defence there isn't much to complain about. The only negative is we haven't played PSG or Monaco yet in the league so when we do we will have a fairer reflection on where we're at.

632612031acaab5e60cc5ea6a4d0a506.png

The two standout games this month are Basel and PSG. Basel are our biggest threat in Europe but there's room for two of us to go through and PSG will be a very hard game. They have quality all over the pitch and have signed Oscar who is world class to go alongside the likes of Rulli, David Luiz, Digne, Kondogbia, Matic, Cavani, Di Maria, Bazoer, Gabbiandini, Verratti, Pastore, Lucas Moura, Kimmich and a regen we developed and sold before I arrived Jorre Vets.

October|Lille|2020/21

35fc437bc2214f8f40c230d7310856c9.png

Not the worst month but not the best either. It started very well with a hard earned win against our european rivals Basel. We then played Brest and was severely frustrated as they sat behind the ball and we missed chances. Nantes was the opposite and we just bombarded them and it could of been 7 or 8. Krasnodar was tougher than expected and we dominated the early stages and then they came back into it. They could of easily grabbed an equaliser as we took our foot off the gas. I'll discuss the PSG game below and just now against Toulouse we nicked a very tight match in the last minute thanks to world class combination play between our two fantastic brazilians Renatinho and Bruno Leandro.

8d50a491deb7db4b9a578164be1c5aa0.jpg

This was the story of the PSG game. They scored two early goals, the latter from Oscar was an absolute worldie. It started off from well outside the post and as the news item says it was a curled effort. He then took advantage of a poor mistake from Wimmer who mis-controlled a ball in the box and at half time I thought it was going to be 5 or 6. I changed a few things at half time, I lowered our defensive line and we went more direct with a higher tempo to escape their high press and it worked a lot. We dominated the second half and managed to get 1 goal back. They didn't have many chances in the second half and a fairer score would of probably been 3-2 but we deserved to lose. We can't match their quality at the moment.

cd50d52efcb4ad5e94306e6c1703fa77.jpg

Marseille are pulling away month after month and the two big guns are still strong so the top 3 and the Champions League spots are under threat unless we can stay consistent and pick up wins against the other big teams.

4ab48e8b092d5a51c4365f024d7c699a.png

5 very winnable games this month. Don't want to sound snobby and arrogant but if we're wanting those Champions League spots then these are the games we need to be winning.

November|Lille|2020/21

0e35bff4f82d5871e188db45f4201c7b.png

4 out of 5 isn't bad. We nearly had a very frustrating night in Greece, instead it was just relief as we put a chance away finally. Atromitos were very good even though their players aren't brilliant. Krasnodar were just blown away by our Brazilian magician. Caen and Troyes especially got blown away by him as well. With his compatriot Renatinho behind him he has all the ammunition he needs. We didn't need him against Metz as our French wonderkid Biscay (on loan from Juventus for the 2nd season running) killed them off inside 11 minutes.

61fd1fdaf72f7dfd7dfa87d6c3458110.png

As I said about the guys from Greece they have been very impressive in the group stages. Lost and drew to me but have beaten everyone else including Basel twice and Krasnodar once. We play Basel in the last game so will play a rotated team.

6734c1adad340fbefc06a4ccfe48cfd2.jpg

The table reads a lot better now. PSG and more so Marseille have both dropped points recently and we have been consistent. Hopefully we can win our game in hand (no idea who it's against) and climb to the top of the pile. Very happy with our defensive record as we have enough firepower at the other end. Monaco have had a bad month and fingers crossed the gap between 3rd and 4th can get bigger and bigger so we have safety with the champions league places if we do slip up a little.

5da39d3a2a96067f0da4578ddb7c58a3.png

Very, very busy month as we enter the Christmas period. Games every 3/4 days is going to take its toll on the players. We may need to rotate more than usual. Injuries permitting I feel confident, Marseille and Monaco 3 days apart aren't giving me much comfort but if we want to challenge until the end these are the games we need to be digging in.

Au Revoir!

4e20c37cefbbfe5c987f0e884463ee6a.png

No, stay away, you'll not play him if you do get him. £31.5m I have no chance.

cc5803c0b0e9a0ea15d3993faf134fcc.png

Came out of nowhere. Didn't even apply or show any interest. Turned it down anyway. If I manage a european international team it will be my home nation of England.

09daaa8a13be353536261934b73c9a01.png

I could of literally drawn anyone from the top 4 divisions. Just had to be, didn't it?

8accbd44835be064f154169120920d14.jpg

Not the worst draw at all. Initially I thought it was but having looked at Feyenoords team it isn't anything special. Their highest valued player is Donyell Malen on loan from Arsenal at £5.75m and he's about top end Championship quality in England. I could of got Roma, Liverpool, Valencia or Man Utd.

79f1b239dc4b7f98f24c2d3328fb6ab2.jpg

This was a nice message to see. My career is progressing quite well at the moment. Not sure where I will be going to next but there's no rush. I sort of regret giving up in Germany but I didn't feel connected with the club anymore so as much as it was the right choice I wish I had just rode it out and given it more of a chance. I can always return there, albeit not with 1860 they were relegated and are struggling in the 2. Bundesliga.

This month is taking a little longer as i'm sorting out the whole club. From every single scouting assignment to make sure we have the world covered, to releasing all the young players with not much potential and right now i'm identified free transfers for January and players for next season to (hopefully) take on the champions league.

462b3574d30a38f9f3370c3250795f49.png

I got the easiest draw for once. No PSG or Marseille so hopefully Lens can do us a favour and get rid of Monaco and their millions.

46549d3ec1effa29b211c94f98be8dd2.png

Heres hoping Celtic can upset Valencia because they have a very good squad. They have 10 players over £20m in value and Isco is valued £50m. :eek:

December|Lille|2020/21

f0cd00ea0ff218c93c5863f48134d68e.png

The month started off well with the youngster Andre Verdier coming into a weakened team for our last group game and scoring two goals. Against Rennes it was a very very strange game. We went 2-0 up and then in a spell of 8 minutes it was 3-2 to Rennes after 3 shots. I had to put some attacking players on the pitch to change it back in our favour and that's exactly what Adilson Cruz did as soon as he came on. Brilliant finish after breaking through the defensive line from attacking midfield. Then when it looked like we had to settle for a point big Paulo rose highest at the back post to head in the winner.

We then faced our hardest two games this month and proceded to bottle both of them. We could of won both but again the other top teams seem to be more clinical when it matters and we left with 0 points from both games. We went through in the cup against lower league opposition quite easily and then scored 5 without reply in the league against Saint-Etienne and Reims. We ended the month with a massively frustrating draw against rivals Lens who are lingering near the bottom of the table this year after their 3rd place finish last year.

ab7293222c29ce539607023a19fffbfc.jpg

Thank god this month has been a bit weird. All of us teams at the top have been dropping points which luckily for us means we climb to the top of the pile at the halfway stage. January is going to be quite busy getting rid of players that aren't getting much minutes and I may even sell a few of our first teamers for good money if better replacements show up.

822d9a2219afd16fd1aff61d945006bb.png

2 very hard matches next month. I hate playing PSG as they have a team full of world class players and Lyon have a very good team too.

I was going to do a post about him but having just learned that he has picked up a very important award it pushed me to do it now. It's the halfway stage too so why not.

411295309298205b696dbd3c68b81c53.png

He's won the European Golden Boy award. I know he scored some of them goals for Santos but he has been unstoppable for us so far this year.

174f23e5131c02cbe7e7ee5d8dd01cdc.jpg

He has scored more than 1 goal a game in all competitions. He makes things out of nothing. He goes past 2 and 3 players at a time sometimes and either puts it on a plate for someone else or more frequently puts it in the back of the net himself. He will be a ballon d'or winner one day I have no doubt but I just hope it's with me wherever I am. I just thought he deserved his own post after what he's done for us so far.

Well played Bruno. :thup:

295d4c07c543c68a6209138cc3a61a5d.png

2nd January 2021 - Coupe de France 9th Round

5aadd89a591e655fa345b31cc3318943.jpg

Just 1 clear cut chance each in this game and we were the ones that took ours. It was a fantastic counter attack and although we went toe to toe with them in everything which pleased me, we also showed our defensive strength and tactical game with the goal we scored.

31e744aa9ac5ddf21c30cc9c6dba2a73.gif

We packed the box with numbers and then launched a counter attack to our best player who finished like he usually does.

January Transfers at Lille 2020/21

January is still going on but as we have no money left I thought i'd show you the new guys through the door at Stade Pierre-Mauroy.

53e6b2ffb765fe5880cd84932b6b9ef3.jpg

Richard came from Blackburn for just 250k which is an absolute bargain. He has everything for a centre half and is only 3 star current ability out of 4 and 1 black star potential ability so he has plenty of room to become world class. His contract was expiring so that's why he was much cheaper.

0bfcc19b3232a3492bcf02fe1c1fd385.jpg

Another one whose contract was expiring is Martin who came from Man Utd for just 1.5m who has plenty of potential to improve as well. He's hopefully going to be the first choice deeper lying striker next season once the current one goes back to Juventus. (Unless they agree to loan me him for a 3rd straight season.)

12c4b7ecf1ea2f0fba4b0bf1040d7d91.jpg

This is an outgoing. I included him because there was a plan behind it. Basically in France, if you didn't know, you can only have a maximum of 4 non-eu players and I had the two Costa Ricans (Paulo above) and Zuniga. We also have the two Brazilians, Renatinho and Bruno Leandro. I came across a world class player and he's from Colombia, which as you all know is also non-european so I had to get rid of Paulo for 15m to Dortmund. I only signed him for £5.75m so I have made a profit.

e629d4414368fe5b00e514cce55d6f26.jpg

So this is the man I made room for. He's world class and added to that he can play CB, DM and MC and has a brilliant personality. He reminds me of a younger version of Vidal as he has everything. He's just less aggressive than the Chilean but i'm hoping he can become just as good. I felt he was a player I had to get. He cost me £12.75m which is a bargain.

January|Lille|2020/21

bf3ff70c0cb07718b3b9fa9a6d63d3a2.png

What a month. We were brilliant and seemed to put every chance we got in the back of the net. I have already detailed the PSG match but the rest were all pretty straight froward. We seem to be really good against middle and lower teams but it's Marseille, Monaco and usually PSG in the league. We are through to the cup final too.

6f0f96f9e6675be4a2e5d4539fcab879.jpg

Don't let the league table fool you. We haven't played many of our tougher matches just yet so I feel it's largely a bit false at the moment. It's all still very close and we could easily finish 4th if we aren't careful and pick up points in big games.

374830aa313ad39aed55c784c1dd8e9f.png

Loads of games this month including 3 cup matches with two of those being in the Europa League. I'm hoping we can go quite far in that if we play to our potential with some of the players we have in our team now. 5 very winnable league games too, as long as we can win 3 or 4 out of 5 and draw the others i'll be happy.

04e58c25093a65927e2077236650ea65.jpg

Our final dealings in the transfer window was a 1 in and 1 out process at centre back. Carolina has a lot of pace and has always played quite well since i've been here but he always has a shocker in him at random points. In his scout report it says he is inconsistent and combined with his low composure and technique he doesn't have the required skills I really want and 17m is a lot of money.

6eb8ac07967ac5ce84c4945e5d919db7.jpg

Joe Gomez is the player replacing him from Liverpool. He was an absolute bargain at 1.5m and has the potential to be better than the 17m player Carolina which gives us amazing value for money. He has the technique, the passing and the composure to fit in very well and is a consistent performer and likes the big matches too.

946020392e2462752a9f05e40e7c95b3.jpg

We did not deserve to win this and if we had lost I couldn't of complained. They even made me change my formation because we just couldn't create a chance. Once we changed we came back into it a bit more (couldn't of been anymore out of it) and scored two late goals, one a counter attack and two a scruffy set piece but i'll take it and run. Need to improve in europe if we are to beat some of the bigger teams. Feyenoord were very good.

7532f3f22795774d44defe3de2273035.jpg

We were much better in the 2nd leg despite conceding a goal. I started the game with the same tactics we finished the other game with as I wasn't going to be naive and get caught out and it worked well. We soaked up pressure and hit them on the break with regularity. We could of scored more in truth which is the opposite of the 1st leg.

454d8107bc6a4666f29ad4fdd286d403.png

Our reward for beating Feyenoord is a visit to the Mestalla. They are a much better team than our Dutch counterparts so we need to be on our game and have our first strength squad out. I'm really going to go for the Europa League even if it's detrimental to the league form. Might seem daft and it probably is but I want to go as far as possible.

I don't think it's daft at all. I've never been a believer on focusing on one competition over another. Some may be more important but I don't really do much more than resting a key player who needs it ahead of a particular match or sub people off just to stop them being too tired for the next game.

I don't think it's daft at all. I've never been a believer on focusing on one competition over another. Some may be more important but I don't really do much more than resting a key player who needs it ahead of a particular match or sub people off just to stop them being too tired for the next game.

Me neither really, always try and go as far as I can in every single competition whichever club I manage. It's the only way to do it really. I bring a few players off too early once games are won. I bet they get sick of it but if there's a long enough gap between matches I leave them on, obviously.

February|Lille|2020/2021

3c7db7e1db0274d6b2de32572116952a.png

It was all going well until Nantes came to our ground and did a number on us. Not sure how we didn't win but I have to say they did a good job and it's all our own fault. a feature of our play this season has been getting a slender lead and then hitting teams on the break at the end of games to get our 2nd and sometimes, 3rd goals.

1b81154630858d4a659537bf1fb665da.jpg

Marseille are relentless this season despite having a team that on paper isn't as good as ours and definitely not as good as Monaco's or even more so PSG's. Talking of PSG they have had a really bad month. Lost their last 3 games in all competitions with Tottenham beating them in the Champions League as well. Monaco have had a lot of draws and that seems to be their achilles heel. Our performances aren't anywhere near as good these last few months despite the wins against lower opposition and it's something i'm worried about for when the harder matches come round which is very soon.

0bfcde1603470ed5d960fbc372658d22.jpg

So two losses in a row and this one we definitely deserved to lose. I know possession and shots aren't always a good indicator as to how a match went, this one is. I had to change formation as I did in the previous round against Feyenoord and we faired a lot better. I don't think our back 3 formation is very effective in Europe so it's something I may have to look at. We managed to get a very important late away goal after a brilliant individual goal from Bruno Leandro who has 40 goals already and we're only in February which is some feat.

474f4e79de82c71c3fa51f34145fc032.png

So next we have PSG at the Parc de Princes which is going to be a very hard match despite their recent form. I have to check but maybe they have a few injuries to key players. Not like they don't have backup though eh? Then the return of Valencia and a 1-0 win for us would be enough so that's encouraging. 3 winnable games against Ligue 1 teams after that but after the Nantes match especially it's not something i'm taking for granted.

e12fc34140f47e38e98f324254f767d8.png

So the other cup draw has been made and if we get past Rennes then either way we have a very hard match. I'd rather play Marseille despite the league table saying it should be otherwise. Just for the fact that I hate the 4-2-3-1 narrow that Monaco play under Frank De Boer, it's so hard to contain and they seem to have no gaps to exploit as they cover the whole pitch. Can't help feel that the winners in that side of the draw will beat Ligue 2 teams Ajaccio and Tours in the final but as we all know, football is a weird and wonderful game.

885d783ba1028d037624579ffc0709bf.jpg

So we got hammered. They blew us away inside half an hour and then added another just after that. We played a lot better second half when I changed a few things but 4-0 is a bit flattering. Maybe 3-1 or 4-2 might have been fairer but those results get you 0 points so it doesn't matter.

5fe1e22341f006c34a71517c690641f8.png

So we made a good fist of it and now extra time and possibly penalties are waiting.

92bfa44aeef4e0d2d0db1f95975b3f91.jpg

No we couldn't do it. We were the best team in the last half an hour of normal time and then let in a stupid sloppy goal to lose it. Annoyed and angry are understatements and that's no win in 4 now.

Just having a few hours after getting back from Wembley and my Brazilian maestro has carried on like he left off.

e143859c002dd0b9032680621e5c72e8.gif

Not a bad way to get your hat-trick, with a finish like that.

March|Lille|2020/21

856a9d92d242bd8adf1ec08435b82725.png

Well we traffic lighted through this month. We started at red with two important matches that ended in losses. We got to amber and improved with the draw that should of been a 2-1 win but we threw it away. Then we finally got to green and set off with two wins against Reims and Rennes. We made harder work of the quarter final that I would of liked and should of finished it in normal time but I suppose with a young team consistency isn't always there.

fa579f2c9b22f99d1d089bff661c6865.jpg

We have two games in hand because we had a match postponed because of international call-ups. As you can see Marseille won and lost one of their games in hand so we need to win at least one to get where we want to be.

4eb18697d135a6f0c7936f1a6f1d9369.png

We start the month off with a very important game. Montpellier lost their best player to Arsenal in January. He was one of my targets further back in the thread but they got him for 40m and I can't compete with that. 4 middle to lower teams in the league after that. They are all hard to beat now they have started playing more defensive against us. Our penultimate game is as important as the final in the other cup as we play our main title rivals.

89543f1666c3da59a8c12c4adae1f1f7.png

Delighted to have finished the Continental A License, nearly at the top now.

3e192abc1d89095fca657778a3bc5dd3.png

They immediately funded my next course, and the last one to get. Going to take a while longer though.

28b446eb6516358e355301770e9ef5e5.png

God they don't half know how to shred my nerves and fingernails. We had numerous very good chances and should of been out of sight, their goalkeeper was one I had in on loan at 1860 Munich and he was outstanding like he was for me there.

f1495bc9876053be01db7fc4ce7b2b5e.jpg

That's the double now, we have two left to try and get. So far we have won the equivalent of the super cup in Spain and the carling cup in England. We have the league and the equivalent of the FA Cup/Copa del rey left.

9419bf5745e86ecd2db98acdead0643c.png

Come on PSG. They can basically put one hand of ours on the title if they avoid defeat.

5d91a69cfa114143c50a3e3401e88660.png

Get in there!

7e98582754da35b3d0da87b9bdc41758.png

This is the state of play currently. We still have Marseille and Monaco to play in the league but it is very much in our hands.

5be6665f9e2a5c3eb01105b8df01514e.png

We also have Ligue 2 team Tours in the final which as good finals go is very, very favourable. It may be a domestic quadruple if we can carry on our fantastic form. Most of it is down to 1 man though, he never seems to miss.

fcfbd61cf646b5d33bc51b15aaa44469.png

The rich 2 have just played out a 0-0 draw that means a lot to us.

ed11d51c8edcf3f7908ba83a7cfe0296.png

If we win our next game (against Marseille) then we secure the title.

4aa9b1985a73128eb89d3f9a3c083194.png

We did however get this which we already knew but nice nonetheless.

b184a13bb5a21d69b924e021ad90808a.png

This is very poor considering how well we have done and that my net spend this season is -£12.5m. So I have gained the club money, significantly strengthened and got them to the Champions League. Hopefully in the summer they re-visit this and it is increased.

Archived