{FM16} The Complete Boxset

Torres.Goal

Hi all, Having read through the progress of the Makoto Nakamura A-Z of Football management thread, I have been inspired to give this a go myself with a couple of small alterations. Before I go into detail, if you are not familiar with the excellent progress of the Makoto Nakamura thread or indeed the Cardiovascular attempt at the same challenge please take the time to have a read through the thread on this forum as they are both making great strides in the quest for football manager completion!

So, the idea of the game will be to complete all divisions of all 118 nations of the Classan's world league expansion pack (which can be downloaded on the editors hideaway download forum). This means there are approximately 260 leagues to complete! :eek: I will define a league being 'completed' by either winning the league or gaining promotion from that league. I have a couple of minor alterations from the way Makoto Nakamura is doing his challenge.

Firstly, rather than completing an A-Z route across the world, I have downloaded an online random selector which I have fed the 118 nations into. I will ask it to throw out three nations to start with, once I then complete a nations this gets deleted and I ask it to throw another nation out at random. I like this method as it gives the game some excitement of not knowing where in the world i'll end up next!

Secondly, I do not want to get bogged down with trying to win every cup competition as I think it is already an epic challenge in itself with trying to win every divisional league! However I do not want to discredit the cups so I will set an alternative target of trying to accumulate a minimum of 120 cup competitions of any kind. I will also attempt to win all versions of the champions league throughout the continents.

Nations to conquer!

Asia: Australia, Bahrain, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, S Korea, Syria, Thailand, UAE, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen,

Africa: Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Congo, DR Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, S Africa, Tunisia, Zambia

Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, England, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Macedonia, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, N Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Wales

South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela

Oceania: Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tahiti

North America: Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Trinidad & Tabago, USA

Objectives Outlined

1 - 'Complete' all divisions of all nations listed above

2 - Win all continents Champions Leagues

3 - Also Win at least 120 Cup Competitions

4 - Win World Cup, European Championships, Copa America, African Nations

Finally, I have set my manager profile as international footballer and full coaching badges due to my fear of not being able to get a job into a possible higher national reputation job due to the random nations being selected. I'd hate to complete a league in Iraq then next up comes Spain and nobody will give me a job at any level!

So, onto the fun bit! I asked the online random selector to give me three nations to begin my game with and it threw out these....

mevvpuv.jpg

I will now be starting my career with the Serbian, Singapore and Thailand leagues all loaded. When a league is completed that nation will be deleted and I will ask the online selector to generate one new nation to replace it on and on we go until the end.

Now I have some nations, I now need a team! So with introductions and aims and goals explained, I give you my first team to start this epic career....

The Team, League & Nation

dgp8vtp.jpg

FK Napredak

Serbian First League (2nd Tier of National League)

Serbia

I'm off to the Serbian First League and join newly relegated FK Napredak hoping to bounce back to The SupaLiga at the first time of asking.

The Ground

0n6p1ig.jpg

The stadium is mildly impressive! I'm sure I will see far worse on my travels across the globe! 10,000 capacity.

The Travel

eq8mvb7.jpg

A three and a half hour flight from Essex to Serbia to the Mladost Stadium accumulating 1,732 miles of travel. Now to get to work.

The Squad

z4j4jtd.jpg

A decent squad with a fair bit to work with. I will only need a couple of signings to fine tune the squad. I'm feeling confident there is enough quality to get them back into the SupaLiga first time round.

The Odds

le7e7hy.jpg

The bookies fancy us. Pressure is on to win the league, anything else will inevitably lead to an early career exit!

Anyway, I'm off to get cracking! I want to dedicate as much time as I can to playing the game so I will tend to just post updates at the midway point of a season and then obviously an end of season summary. I will keep you all updated with any major news that crops up also.

Time to get stuck into Serbia...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is where you're going, and there's no flights so you better hit the road now! :D Best of luck in Serbia and with the challenge it self, I will most definitely be following!

I'm sure you can fly most of the way though.:)

End of Season Review

m6m9gc8.jpg

Champions! A great run from about March onwards saw us winning about 7 games on the trot which pulled us way ahead of the chasing pack. In truth the final points gap should have been bigger but once the league was won the foot came off the pedal. Not complaining though, we move on to the Super League.

A few ins and outs in the transfer window, all of whom will be going straight into the starting XI as we reshape for the new season.

m7w88sq.jpg

Mid Season Update

mgrnnbm.jpg

Going really well, never looked at the relegation zone once so far at the mid season break and can look upwards to see how high we can rise. The Serbian Superleague splits soon into top and bottom 8. You then play every team once more to decide final positions. Hopefully I can hang onto the top half.

End of Season Review

Final League table

mqxl3cg.jpg

Heartbreak! Defeat in the final game gives the title to Borac who also lost! A win would have seen me clinch the title! I actually went 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th throughout the game but even though it ended in disappointment I couldn't be prouder of my lads! And clinching 3rd means I qualify for the Europa qualifiers.

Into another year in Serbia....

That's Bulgaria you're flying to :D

Haha flying to the wrong country... at least Ron Atkinson only went into the wrong dugout!

Great start in Serbia, unlucky to miss out on the title on final day but encouraging for next season.

I've done exactly the same thing as you but have never done a career update before. I've gone through India, Qatar, Honduras and Estonia so far, onto Iceland next.

Will deffo be following this!

Haha flying to the wrong country... at least Ron Atkinson only went into the wrong dugout!

Great start in Serbia, unlucky to miss out on the title on final day but encouraging for next season.

I've done exactly the same thing as you but have never done a career update before. I've gone through India, Qatar, Honduras and Estonia so far, onto Iceland next.

Will deffo be following this!

Sat Nav sent me to Bulgaria! Why not start a thread with your own progress? Always good to see how other players get on with this epic challenge!

Season Three - Mid Season Update

Pleased to still be challenging at the top as my board sold my best central defender on deadline day leaving me no time to get a replacement. Had to go through the season to date with last years back up centre half to step up and perform. Also failed to replace my star centre forward who went back to Maccabi Haifa after his loan. But if still in the mix! Not much separate teams up the top. Likely to go to the wire again...

6mo5lfv.jpg

Season Three (2017/18) - End Of Season Review

And for the second season running, it ends in tears. One point away from the title. We've once again over performed but it's hard to take. A few key players are leaving this season so a rebuild will be needed throughout this summer transfer window.

65eyoig.jpg

Season Four (2018-19)

Now I've brushed off last seasons disappointment, I was finally given some money to spend by the board. And spend it I did! £2.5m goes out on improving the squad which needed a rebuild. I'm confident that this year I better equipped than ever before to take the title!

2mgo5sk.jpg

Season Four - Napredak (Serbia) - End of Season Review

At the 3rd time of asking we've done it! Champions of Serbia! Pushed hard all the way by Partizan but this time we held our bottle and the celebrations begin.

j79j6c3.jpg

And with that, my first ever job in this long career is over. Napredak is where it all began, a soft spot for these lads.

1no1ytl.jpg

Final stats of my time in Serbia

e58mzh7.jpg

So now I have finished in Serbia this nation will now be deleted and a new one loaded. The online random generator throws out.....

r7qnzce.jpg

The two divisions of Macedonia have now been added. This means I have a job search in the nations of Singapore, Thailand and Macedonia. The search is on...

Next Career Step.....

1wormay.jpg

Lopburi FC

Thailand Regional Division Two

I'm off to beautiful Thailand! No planes, trains or automobiles from Serbia so It's a long old walk! :D

z9md1u8.jpg

This vacant managers job has landed me on my feet as they are already 10 games into the season and sitting top by a point so a great chance to get a promotion under my belt at the first time of asking. Long way to go though and the squad needs two central defenders, a central midfielder, and attacking midfielder and a right winger so busy times ahead.

Three divisions to work through here. Looking forward to getting stuck into Thailand. (the football only of course!)

The ground isn't up to much but then what did I expect from a semi professional team form the 3rd tier of Thailand. The squad is so unbalanced, literally have no central defenders or wingers. Thankfully got a 15 day break before my next game so got some time to get a few players in before then.

oyvgwcr.jpg

End of Season Review 2019 - Lopburi (Thailand)

After taking over Lopburi who were top of the league by a point after 10 games, I then struggled with a 4 game winless run whilst I tried to reassemble the squad. Before the transfer window closed I managed to add the players needed to give some much needed talent, depth and balance. After this I powered through most teams scoring 4 or 5 goals a game in most cases and went on to win the league despite the odd dodgy result.

Promotion not done yet though. Thailand's 3rd tier works like this:

The top 2 qualify for the promotional league along with the top 2 from all the other regional divisions in this divisional tier. (6 regional leagues in total)

mkgk2fd.jpg

These teams then get split into two groups of 6 and you then play these teams twice. The top two from this league wins promotion.

jro4vuz.jpg

And we did it! At this stage we are now promoted. The winners of group A and B then go onto play each other in an MLS Cup style final. A bit pointless really as we are all promoted at this stage but I won the match anyway!

lg1eju2.jpg

Onto the 2nd tier of the Thailand national league. Much easier format. Simple league structure with top 3 promoted to the Premier League. Onwards we go...

Gotta love overly unnecessary complicated league structures. This is why I started doing this style of save. Try something completely different.

Great first season in Thailand, hopefully things won't be as heart wrenching as they were in Serbia.

Gotta love overly unnecessary complicated league structures. This is why I started doing this style of save. Try something completely different.

Great first season in Thailand, hopefully things won't be as heart wrenching as they were in Serbia.

Exactly! This is what appealed to me also, trying all the new leagues and complicated promotion formats! Interesting season coming up though, we are 100/1 for the title so not expecting miracles to start with.

Season Five (2020) Lopburi - Thailand Division One

The bookies don't fancy us at 100/1 but we aim to prove them wrong and build on our success last year. Game on!

ex06rf9.jpg

Mid Season Update

Keeping in touch with the promotional pack but cannot get any consistency going. For every win a defeat is always close by! Hopefully I can get a player or two in and get some sort of run going to push towards a top three place and another promotion.

05w21fe.jpg

Season Five (2020) - End of Season Review

Back to Back Promotions! A dramatic last game of the season against BBCU whom also needed points to avoid relegation. They went 1-0 up early on but we equalised mid way through the second half, before a super sub teenager banged in the winner in the 87th minute to lift us back into the top three and secure promotion! Into the premier league we march!

88ge0c5.jpg

The Board are happy!

8gzn1t1.jpg

I'm in two minds about what to do here now. Lots of people saying they are having errors with this mega pack due to the new patch update. Trying to get reassurance that it won't mess up this save but don't know whether to start a fresh with the new update Classan has amended which is compatible. I'm only 6 seasons in and two nations through so wouldn't be the end of the world to start again albeit very frustrating. Any advice is welcome.

I still don't see how a patch (that makes changes to the game engine) can clash with editor files (that make changes to the database). As Steve Carrell says in The Office: "Explain it to me like I'm five".

P.S.: Congrats on the promotion! :thup:

A Change Of Clubs!

The two power houses of this league are Muangthong Utd and Nakhon Ratchasima. They are the Barcelona and Real Madrid of Thailand. Muangthong normally taking the titles but Nakhon always pushing them close. Both have had awful seasons this year finishing 9th and 8th. This has resulted in one of them sacking their manager. Opportunity knocks...

4xznxcx.jpg

Nakhon have an ambitious chairman. They want titles and they are throwing money at it! I have £15m in the transfer kitty! Shame nobody is worth anywhere near that in this league!

The Odds

As I said earlier, its likely to be a two horse race for the league. My old club, Lopburi have been totally written off now!

46oy6cp.jpg

My overall record for Lopburi after taking them through the divisions.

4gv2nhv.jpg

Been away for a few days so will hopefully get time to put a mid season update on tonight. Here's a bit about my new club.

Nakhon Ratchasima - Thailand Premier League

grk06ap.jpg

Just a 2 hour 40 minute journey over to Nakhon from Lopburi.

g512nfn.jpg

Big upgrade on the stadium too!

gn1eqfv.jpg

Mid Season Review - 2022 - Nakhon (Thailand)

Keeping pace at the top but despite beating top boys Muangthong Utd, a few poor results followed so slipped back down to 2nd. Bought in a few players including a boss CM from my title rivals for a club record £4.5m. Hopefully the 2nd half of the season will get me through the final hurdle. Still in both cups too.

2lknyfn.jpg

End of Season Review - 2022 - Nakhon (Thailand)

Oh well, another season in Thailand becons. We just couldn't keep up with Muangthong and they went onto win the title by 4 points. On the other hand we have qualified for the Asian Champions League and I still have a fair bit of cash to spend in the transfer window so confident we can come back stronger and fight on all fronts next season.

xv712hx.jpg

Archived