{FM16} The Complete Boxset

Torres.Goal

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting way of doing things. I like the randomness of it and never knowing where you're gonna go next. Good luck in Thailand hopefully you can cross it off soon. Although not the worst place to be stuck.

Thanks mate, the randomness is my favourite thing about it! Can't wait to finish Thailand to find out where I could be going to next!

End Of Season Review - 2023 - Nakhon (Thailand)

We did it! Champions of Thailand and with that Thailand is now complete. A great end of the season run of form meant we won the league with 2 games to spare.

8l7wws0.jpg

And why not make that a double! My first cup title towards my target of 120!

661kksd.jpg

I have now resigned from my post with Nakhon and Thailand will be deleted. I will be getting a new nation at random to load. Here's a summary of my time at the club.

j9yqqul.jpg

The Next Step...

264gnaq.jpg

FK Makedonija

Macedonia

2nd Division

The first job that appeals is from Macedonia and FK Makedonija who have just sacked the manager after a 4th place finish. The chairman wants promotion and I have been given my orders to make this happen.

Another long old walk!

qvmoxbm.jpg

The Squad

A young squad but something to work with at least.

ke4yqtx.jpg

The 'Stadium'

Look at my faithful! The Ultra's in full force.

20x7oa1.jpg

Time to get to work in Macedonia. Two divisions to negotiate.

End Of Season Review 2024/25 - Makedonija GP (Macedonia)

So the awful bank holiday weather and a short Macedonian 2nd Division allowed me to smash through a season in a day! It was a landslide! Easy peasey and onto the First Division.

3mww1s3.jpg

This was unexpected! I also took home the Macedonian Cup! Beating teams who finished both 2nd and 3rd in the top division along the way which gives me hope for challenging for the title next season.

6266ocp.jpg

End Of Season Review 2025/26 - Makedonija GP - Macedonian First League

An unusual season with a bit of a story to tell. Here goes...

About two thirds into the season all was going nicely, all very close at the top and keeping in the mix for the title.

ld23xfd.jpg

Then I got an unexpected twist. Vardar sacked their manager and offered me an interview. They were level on points with me at this stage and they are the big boys of the league winning 5 of the last 6 league titles. Do I stick with my boys or jump ship for a bigger team with a better squad and mightier resources?

2zxngax.jpg

After staring at the screen for ages wondering what to do, I decided to attend the interview. The job was offered but I delayed my decision until the end of the season. It only feels right to try and win the league with Makedonija who have done so well to date.

At the 27 games point the league splits as follows and everyone plays each other once more (5 more games) to decide the final positions. Looking good at this point, just about clinging to top spot.

qljy1tx.jpg

With one game to go! The top 2 play each other. I need them to draw and a win for me will see me champions.

lo6dxtx.jpg

End Of Season. An almighty choke. The top two did indeed draw but I lost for the 3rd successive game! Had anyone of those defeats been a win and I would have won the league.

yy3mjcr.jpg

Just look at those 3 LLL's!!! Painful Viewing

x541diz.jpg

So now its just whether or not to take the Vardar job. Bigger club, better players, more money and in Europe. It was a no brainer.

7gmwetj.jpg

So, disappointed that another season in Macedonia is upon us when it was so close to being completed but a definite upgrade in ability and fancy my chances with Vardar. On we go...

2026/27 End Of Season Review - Vardar - Macedonian First League

A brief review as it was pretty straight forward as expected. After a poor start the team came good once they settled into my system and the league was won with 4 games to spare. Sadly, I lost the Macedonian Cup in the Final which was annoying.

o9q94bq.jpg

This completes Macedonia! Here's a overview of my short but sweet time spent with Vardar.

5epe5t7.jpg

So with Macedonia complete, this nation will now be deleted and a new one picked at random.

New Country, New League, New Club

5qvn0u8.jpg

Albirex Niigata (Singapore) FC

Singapore

S League

Albirex Niigata FC is a football club which plays in Singapore's S. League. The club is a satellite team of Albirex Niigata of Japan, and its players come from Japan. Therefore it is club policy that only Japanese players can be signed for the club.

The Stadium

l3nd1sy.jpg

Well, The Jurong East Stadium is my new home. It has a main stand at least!

The Journey

z8o7gc9.jpg

A long haul 13 and a half hour flight with Singapore Airlines! At least I'm not walking for a change though!

I was appointed manager of Niigata with about 10 games to go after a truly awful run of form. We were not in danger of going down but we were also miles off the top. The red section are the results since I took over which were very pleasing and gives me hope starting the new season. We finished 3rd in the end! Roll on next season. Only the single division in Singapore so fingers crossed for a quick in and out!

eq0qxag.jpg

End Of Season Review - 2028 - Albirex Niigata - Singapore

And another nation ticked off the list! It was tighter than I wanted it to be in the end but champions by 3 points at the end of the season will do me fine.

v1e6ri7.jpg

And nice to take the Singapore cup home too. Another cup title ticked off. 4 done on that front, 116 to go!

rr1n0sv.jpg

Always nice despite the short stay in Singapore. Manager of the year.

jjo2ltm.jpg

Summary of my time at Niigata and my career in Singapore. Handing in my resignation for new horizons.

5lmwxi8.jpg

New Club

5y89yt1.jpg

Haladas

Hungary

Hungarian Second Division

Off to Hungary, the team have just lost their manager as he leaves to take over at a first division club. They currently sit second in the league after a dozen games. A 20 team division here so plenty of games to go.

The Journey

7dw9dcq.jpg

A long trip back to Europe.

The Stadium

4n49nu6.jpg

Another modest stadium to say the least!

Off to work I go, another promotional charge to aim for.

End of Season Review 2028/29 - Haladas - Hungarian Second Division

After joining Haladas with the team sitting in second place after a dozen games, I was confident a quick promotion was on the cards but a very patchy run of form has meant that despite never losing touch with the top teams, I just couldn't cross the finishing line and fell short of a top two finish. Once again despite the poor form a win on the final day would have ensured promotion but we had to settle for a draw. I'm getting good at falling on the final game of the season!

dklzkhy.jpg

To be fair, this run of form didn't deserve anything other than another season in Division 2. Hopefully I can put this right next season although the chairman isn't happy that I've fallen short of his expectations. Fingers crossed I don't bite the bullet.

py8rytg.jpg

I'm going to give this a go myself! Booked a rare monday off work so will get started today, plus need something at night to take my mind off the worries of burnleys promotion charge :D

Good luck! It's great playing new leagues and highly addictive but it sure takes some dedication. Keep us updated with your progress.

2029/2030 - Mid Season Update - Haladas

As usual its all very tight at the top. Hope to keep a good run of form going and open up a gap between us and 3rd place. Knocked out of the league cup at the Quarter final stage. Nothing but the league to concentrate on.

oky38iq.jpg

I have an end of season update to put on later tonight but just wanted some feedback for anyone that can help.

As some may know there has been crash issues with some league databases since the last update which has caused Makoto to terminate his journey and I am wondering if anybody had a list of definite leagues that were causing problems? If I know which ones they are I will either not include them or at least leave them till the very end! I understand that Mali and Cameroon have caused crashes and I think Makoto had issues with Samoa. Any help will be appreciated so I can continue to enjoy working my way around the world!

2030/31 End Of Season Review - Haladas

Sorry for forgetting to do a mid season update, had it the screenshots ready but by the time I got round to it I had the season finished! As expected it was a tough season and the step up in class is massive. We were on the back of some real thumping's I can tell you. I think we had a couple of 5-1 defeats and even a 7-0! However a decent mid season run gave us momentum and we even hit the top 4 at one stage but ultimately it was always going to be a relegation battle and thankfully we survived it. Just!

xolvofo.jpg

A decent job opportunity may present itself in the close season as it looks like a managerial contract will not be getting renewed so I'm keeping a close eye on it. Lets see...

New Team

g9eort8.jpg

A change of club sees me arrive at Videoton. Despite still being in the shadows of Farencvaros and Debrecen, its a clear upgrade and I now hope to be challenging at the proper end of the table. The team is in a bit of a mess though with most of last seasons squad being made up from loan signings. A rebuild needed.

Summary of my time at Haladas.

g8j0mb6.jpg

2031/32 Mid Season Update - Videoton

Despite signing half a dozen good players we still have a small squad and as the summer transfer window closed I was annoyed not to add more depth and quality. This aside, we are performing well above my expectations and at almost the half way stage I keep Farencvaros good company at the top of the table.

gw05yb4.jpg

It really bugs me that the form has been this good, arguably the best run of form in this career yet I still sit 2 points behind Farencvaros! It shows just how strong they are compared to the rest of the league. We will keep trying to continue to push them hard.

gmornu0.jpg

2031/32 End Of Season Review - Videoton

As expected, I couldn't keep that excellent form going throughout the season and as expected Farencvaros did! They smashed the league and even Debrecen came good to finish above me. Cant be too disappointed with a 3rd place finish I suppose. A good pre season and busy transfer window is needed.

jk9dnbo.jpg

Are those following this thread ok with the short and sweet updates? I do it this way so it gives me more time to play the game as it's such a big challenge!

Would readers be happier to see more detail with things like player signing, match results, player performances etc? Or are you ok with the mid season and end of season reviews?

Mid Season Review - 2032/33

A good pre season and solid transfer window was key. An affiliate with Shakhtar was set up allowing me to nab 3 excellent youngsters on season long loans and give me some attacking depth. At the half way point its all going to plan. Domestic cups have been a disaster though! Out at the 2nd round in Euro prelims and the league cup. Just the league to focus on now, could turn out to be a blessing.

w68w0cx.jpg

2032/33 - End Of Season Review - Videoton

Just goes to show what a few decent signings and an uncongested fixture list can do! Champions! Great form shown throughout the campaign but helped by the fact that Farencvaros were nowhere near their best. No complaints here! Hungary is ticked off the list.

0jny3s2.jpg

Here's my record with Videoton

wkywmid.jpg

Resignation tendered, a new nation will be added.

84vedc1.jpg

New Job!

Once again I'm back in Asia! This time i'm in the Second Tier of Iran with Gol Gahar.

kn78vtz.jpg

Been appointed halfway through the season and things are not looking good! We're in a relegation battle but plenty of time to try and improve results and survive in the division. Otherwise this career move could be over quickly!

j0rmjuw.jpg

ym39nc0.jpg

Gol Gohar Football Club is an Iranian football club based in Sirjan, Iran. They currently compete in the Azadegan League. (Iranian Second Tier)

The Journey

A long drive to Asia! Going to have to demand a driver I think.

rmly5cx.jpg

The Ground

The new office is decent to be fair!

9gq8pc2.jpg

Time to get to the relegation task. Hope to get an end of season update up on here tonight.

2033/34 End of Season Review - Gol Gohar - Iranian 2nd Division

Mission accomplished! Relegation avoided and I keep my job and we can build from here. A couple of defenders needed and a solid striker and this team can challenge. Onto an important pre season.

oyjo3h2.jpg

Great form at the business end of the season to keep us clear. Very happy with the turn around.

3o857ig.jpg

2034/35 Mid Season Update - Gol Gohar

At the beginning of the new season we were 40-1 shots. Tough challenge to get into that top 3.

m8r2lb6.jpg

Just past the midway point of the season and were marching on well. A decent gap has emerged between the automatic promotion places and 4th so I'm happy with that. Big difference this year to date is I've been lucky so far with injuries. Long may that last.

v3djkte.jpg

2035/36 End Of Season Update

1000-1 shot for the title, safe to say its gonna be a difficult task staying up. The clubs objective was 'try to be competitive'

erqllc7.jpg

At the half way point, were well and truly in a relegation dog fight.

5q1rrfe.jpg

With about 5 games to go it was looking bleak, I was looking at a relegation for the first time in my career.

50prrcg.jpg

But then an unexpected job vacancy became available...

The Tarktor-Sazi manager went off to manage Iran so with a high quality squad beckoning, a high wage structure, a transfer kitty of £13.5m against my current budget of £130k with Gohar, and a likely Champions League qualification rather than a probable relegation, it was an obvious career jump.

94pqquq.jpg

So the season finished like this after seeing out the last few games. Can't wait to add to this good squad. Gol Gohar, as expected were relegated.

o7wmnt1.jpg

x7ngkfn.jpg

Teraktor Sazi

Iranian Professional League

Tractor Sazi Tabriz Football Club commonly known as Tractor is a professional football club based in Tabriz, Iranian Azerbaijan, Iran.

The Journey

Iran is a bloody big country! Almost the length of the place to get to my new job.

xx10pfw.jpg

The Stadium

Another plus is my new stadium! Big upgrade.

xr3q9fj.jpg

2036/37 - Mid Season Update - Teraktor Sazi

Favourites for the title. Money to spend, Strong squad. Bring it on.

xndorfx.jpg

After spending about £5m in the summer transfer window, we are as expected up in the mix but it's far from a done deal. Plenty of work to be done to get to the title. Knocked out of the Iranian FA Cup in the semi finals so just the league and Asian Champions League to focus on.

xy8v1uj.jpg

2036/37 - End of the Season Review - Teraktor Sazi - Iranian Pro League

Champions! Smashed it! Iran completed as the league has been won but the Champions league campaign continues into next season and I am currently into the Quarter Finals. I will stay with Teraktor Sazi to try to win my first Champions League unless a offer I cant refuse comes up from Tahiti, Nigeria or another nation which I will be selecting at random shortly.

x4wrzin.jpg

So after reaching the Quater finals of the Asian Champions League, my ambition was to see this out before quitting Iran but a job vacancy became available in the pre season of the Tahiti Second Division which is rare as the league only consists of 9 teams! I decided to jump ship now as I have many more countries to complete from Asia and therefore many more attempts to win the Champions League. So, I'm off to Oceania!

r0q10ad.jpg

AS Manu Ura

Tahiti Second Division

AS Manu Ura is a French Polynesian football team, currently playing in the Tahiti Second Division in Tahiti. Formed in 1953, AS Manu Ura has a strong history in domestic and regional football with five league titles and three Coupe de Polynesie crowns to their name.

The Journey

This flight had better not be economy!

journey.jpg

The Stadium

The new stadium has a grand stand and everything!

stadi.png

New season about to start with a decent squad. Only a 9 team league so hope to get through this season fairly quickly.

2037/38 - End of Season Review - AS Manu Ura - Tahiti Second Division

An unusual point system in Tahiti with 4 points being awarded for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for a defeat! But it actually made it enjoyable as it kept everyone close together. A small league where everyone plays each other twice. Winners are promoted with second place playing off against second from bottom in the division above.

We finished the season runners up meaning a one game playoff vs the relegation threatened team in the top league.

5182zf1.jpg

Once again losing my last two games cost me the title and automatic promotion but I get a second shot in the playoff against second from bottom in the league above. We were victorious!

ekemxco.jpg

Promoted at the first time of asking. Onto the top division we go.

2038/39 - End of Season Review - AS Manu Ura - Tahiti First Division

Not much separates the teams in the division, should be close according to the odds.

59r81aw.jpg

A good performance in the league keeping touch with the top throughout. Topping the league does not make you champions here, the top 4 go into a playoff semi then the winners into a final for the championship game. Into the playoffs we go....

04wymuk.jpg

Playoffs didn't go to plan. Knocked out in the semi finals and another season in Tahiti beacons.

310p5cp.jpg

Archived