Black Night Knap FM 18.3.3 Woking 451

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I test all tactics with clubs like Margate, so LL is not a problem. Black Night is now probably better all round 451 but depends on how you want to play.

I'm thinking of trying this tactic with York in league 2. What do you think knap? Worth trying?

I used 4-5-1 to get an English hero achievement, I would say that this tactic works even better in lower leagues.

Hey, knap, I wanted to ask which preffered moves are bad for IF on the left? And which ones are worth learning, same for winger on the right. Also, should IF be right footed?

Thanks!

Most of the spurs wingers can do both. As a general rule opposite foot and cut inside for IFs and wingers with cut inside PI - Normal for wingers with run wide PI. LL I just use best players available and upfront pace works even when tactic has a F9.

I see you suggest black night as the best all round tactic Knap. Just a couple of questions regarding it. Ive read through the whole post and because theres a couple of tactics talked about im confused as to what information applies to which :p

- If i go down to 10 men who is the best position to substitute?

- Is there any mentality changes you recommend depending on level of team you are or if youre home, away etc?

- I am not one usually to use individual opposite instructions do i need them on black night?

I had a little go with Birmingham with this tactic and have made a good positive beginning with it. But im also thinking of starting something in actually LLM. Thanks.

I also test with teams like Margate - last time out I changed to a new tactic every 4 or 5 games and won league with 99 pts. I never change anything on tactic and I don't use a SUS tactic, but then I am mostly testing.

Down to 10 - With 442s take off fwd and move other to middle as either F9 or DLF S. 451 take off 1 of midfield players. If needing a goal then probably DM, if not then probably BMW - depends on how players are performing/cards/subs available.

Full SUS - FB/WBs defend, change to contain, less risks and time waste.

The tactics are tested with OIs and with 451s probably give best overall result and only need to be set up once.

• 1 month later...

Well a second season with your Flat 442 Dazed and Confused and the West Ham Tactic in Post 37 and we retained the Premier League - Just -....

Barclays%20Premier%20League_%20Overview%20Stages_2.png

The centre backs on cover work really well.

Thought I had blown it with a handful of draws late on and with Spurs winning their penultimate game I was 2-0 down at The Emirates at half time. Knew Spurs would beat Reading in the last game so had to go for it. Changed to the 433 and swapped between attacking and overload and miraculously Embolo came up with a second half hat trick top give me a nervy 3-2 win. So going in to the last game we were level on points with Spurs. They trounced Redding 4-0 and we managed a 3-0 home win against Liverpool. Bit too close for comfort.

Need to buy a top class F9 really because my strikers tend to have runs of goals then a dry spell. Valencia didn't get a goal for weeks then gets a hat trick last game!

Great tactics Knap.

2nd season is always difficult but you are knocking on the door of 90 pt season. I find most strikers have dry spells but pace works upfront and even Walcott had a cracking season as a DLF (S).

Hopefully you can push on with a 100 pt season. Have you tried the short passing Asymmetric tactic?

2nd season is always difficult but you are knocking on the door of 90 pt season. I find most strikers have dry spells but pace works upfront and even Walcott had a cracking season as a DLF (S).

Hopefully you can push on with a 100 pt season. Have you tried the short passing Asymmetric tactic?

Which thread is that one in?

I wonder sometimes if some of the strikers benefit a solo role up top. Embolo in the 442 struggles a bit but then goes and bangs in three in the 433. Was wondering on another role in the 442, possibly a CF A or a AF A something to stretch the back line, although the F9 and DLF create a lot for the two WM's.

Have you had any luck with creating a 4231? With Payet, Lanzini and Zivkovic I just can't play the three in a 442.

Asymmetric Ramble On Short Passing

Stargazing Winger4231

The Crunge 442 with AF

Also testing 4231 DM tactic

The 442 F9s are probably best set up for FM 16, but I like the Asymmetric.

West%20Ham%20v%20Swansea_%20West%20Ham%20Team%20Selection%20Overview-3_zpspmxe4qtt.png

West%20Ham%20United_%20%20Overview_zpsczkizdgh.png

West%20Ham%20v%20Swansea_%20West%20Ham%20Team%20Selection%20Overview_zpsbbfbes9u.png

West%20Ham%20v%20Swansea_%20West%20Ham%20Team%20Selection%20Overview-2_zpssgerkerz.png

I am just thinking Knap re a 4231. The tactic I am using (and loving) is the Flat 442 Dazed and Confused. The key players in the tactic are the WML and WMR. If they play well everything clicks. I guess you can make it a 4231/4411 of sorts by keeping the 4 in midfield as they are which is quite solid but moving a striker back to the AMC slot which as I say could make it a 4231/4411 hybrid.

Obviously as you know the midfield and forwards line up like :

-----------------------F9 S--------DLF S----------------------

-------------------------------?----------------------------------

WM A------------BWM S-------------CM S-------------WM A

So which forward would you move back into the AM slot to make a 4231/4411 hybrid and what roles would you give the striker and AMC?

Heartbreaker is a pure 4411 which uses AM(A) and F9, but I tend to find 4411 too defensive so use the Asymmetric. Heartbreaker probably also needs an update. The Asymmetric Should be close to 100pts with a top 4 team.

• 3 months later...

Hi Knap.

Just an update to say have enjoyed this years version and its all down to your Dazed and Confused 442.  In one save finished Runners Up and FA Cup Winners first season and the following season came runners up again and won both domestic cups.  Sakho and Valencia in the forward slots scored 40 and 30 overall goals first season and Valencia continued the trend following year.  Unfortunately I had a PC crash at that point and lost the save so have started again. 

In my new save I found that I really needed something against certain formations against the really big teams and stumbled across something.  I moved the DLF S back into the DM slot and made the position a BWM D.  Changed the F9 to a DF S although I tend to change the forward role depending on the type of striker (Sakho DF S,  Embolo F9)  so it basically became a 4141.  The only PI I put on the BWM was shoot less but left all your PI's for other positions as they are.  Kouyate, who have never got much out of in a 442 has become a monster at BWM in the DM slot and the team has had some fantastic results beating Arsenal 4-0, Chelsea 4-1 and Spurs 3-2.  I now swap it with the 442 and it's giving me a great new save. 

Thanks Knap.  Switching between your Dazed and Confused and the 4141 I tried by dragging a striker back into BWM D worked a treat second season.  League Champions, League Cup Winners and Champions League Winners.  Only real signing in the starting 11 was Romero although I did make Jenkinson and Moses permanent.  Love the tactic, cheers again.

Yep although I haven't played Oxford as yet so I loan him out.  Tempted to try him in my third season.  The Team that beat Juventus in the Champions League Final in the second season was :

Rulli, Jenkinson, Cresswell, Reid, Ogbonna, Romero, Obiang, Noble, Moses, Payet, Sakho            Subs :  Adrian, Mammana, Embolo, Kouyate, Kolorov, Song, Valencia

Almost as staggering as winning the Final was getting 10 bookings.  Must be a record!!

Other squad members were - Randolph, Tomkins, Lanzini (injured for the CL Final), Collins, Byram, Tielimans, Antonio 

Started season three only bringing in Schneiderlin and Kolarov on loan.  Shifting Tomkins and Kouyate,  Plenty of money to spend but can't really see who I would replace as all have done well.

• 1 month later...
On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 19:04, Sussex Hammer said:

Thanks Knap.  Switching between your Dazed and Confused and the 4141 I tried by dragging a striker back into BWM D worked a treat second season.  League Champions, League Cup Winners and Champions League Winners.  Only real signing in the starting 11 was Romero although I did make Jenkinson and Moses permanent.  Love the tactic, cheers again.

Well I started again with the above switching between Dazed and Confused and the 4141 where I literally just dragged the DLF S back to the DM slot as a BWM D and won Premier League and FA Cup first season and won both again second season along with a narrow defeat in the Champions League Semi Final.  Think I'll just carry on with this save until maybe when FMT17 is released although might just stick with 16 for now.  Just hoping these tactics will work in 17.

Hi Knap.  Am swapping over instructions from FM16 to 17 with your dazed and confused 442 and never noticed it before but the wide midfielders have exactly the same instructions except the WMA on the right has "mark tighter" but the left sided WM doesn't.  Likewise with the Wing Backs, the wing back on the left has "sit narrower" ticked whereas the one on the right doesn't.  Was this deliberate?  I only ask because when using it I always just thought the wing backs were symmetrical on instructions as were the wide midfielders. 

7 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Love to see a Dazed and Confused for FM17 Knap.  BTW any idea why we can't just transfer FM16 tactics over because I can't see any difference in either player or team instructions from last year so assumed a straight transfer over would be possible.

Me too, would love to see the 442 / 451 / Flat 451 variants.

I try to set them up as symmetrical.

Waiting for full game to retest, but added a 4132 narrow diamond as a possible tactic formation, and I will be trying a wide diamond today.

8 minutes ago, knap said:

I try to set them up as symmetrical.

Waiting for full game to retest, but added a 4132 narrow diamond as a possible tactic formation, and I will be trying a wide diamond today.

Don't you have anything for us to try out? I used your FM16 tactics a lot last year and they were great. Really looking forward to get some good results again as I fail to do so at this moment (and I'm sure I'm not the only one :D)

I' m sure the full game will be more difficult, so all we require retesting..

Did you try the 4231 I uploaded?

What did you use last year?

What formations roles duties do you prefer?

Most of my tactics have only been tested so far for about 10 games.

The only tactic that I've used as PnP is a 4231 with Spurs.

I can PM your preferred tactic to try out as a beta.

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview

Archived